Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans (18445 Views)

Tinubu Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Five Board Directors For CBN / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval For $800M World Bank Loan / Buhari Appoints 41 Non-Career & 1 Career Ambassadors, Seeks Senate's Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Figolouis: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
K
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by waveman2: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
So subsidy removal could not stop our borrowing.This shows that subsidy was never the problem.Well I hope the masses will see the impact of the borrowing and it won't end up in some people's pocket.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by oyeb15: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
My prayer is that me and my family will survive this disaster and anyone supporting this government of tribulation will perish along d line.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by telkevog(m): 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
Honestly, by the end of this man's tenure, he would have used up the chances of borrowing for Nigeria such that the next President will not see where to borrow again

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by legitnow1: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
AFTER DEMOLITION NEXT IS TO BORROW, FOLLOWED BY KILLINGS.

MONEY IS NEEDED TO KILL.

JOHN 10 10 THE THIEF COMETH TO STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY.

NIGERIA NEXT 4 YEARS DEFINED IN ONE VERSE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by SouthSouth1914: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
We have on our hands Buhari PRO MAX

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by KingOfAllIgbos: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
Baba Balablublu...

Your start hasn't been impressive ooo. undecided

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Liamsys: 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
This people should just sale this country once and for all. Haaa $8.6B loan shocked shocked cool shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by purplekayc(m): 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
forgiveness:
$8b dollars. shocked

How we go take pay back? Are we borrowing from World Bank or IMF?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by stevnwigw1: 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Nigeria sinked and was buried the day we failed to elect Peter Obi as president.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Available9: 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
MEEVEET:
How can you borrow money and use it to build road, hospitals, and other projects that cant repay themselves up

It's economic suicide

This is exactly what Buhari did that never worked

Chai
Hahahhahahah...the above is good...what about a government that will borrow money to share ?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Bahamas95(m): 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
I feel like crying for Nigeria/Nigerians. embarassed

Can't these people provide Nigerians with constant power supply with all the money they borrow? Is that too much to ask? undecided

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by forgiveness: 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
Siberia01:

Nigerians are Rich people I don't see why the government should go about shamelessly borrowing money from others..
There are alot of billionaires
Dangote, adenuga, cubana , ibeto .. bua
Littered across the country..
If you check out the social media space especially tiktok
You see Nigerians spraying huge money in parties and wedding...
Even Davido can easily cough out 8 billion dollars

Really!? And he didn't make Forbes. grin

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Confirm4real(m): 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
He's continuing from where Bubu stopped so no complain at all grin

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by youngrichnigga: 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
Wahala

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by ruggedtimi(m): 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
Siberia01:

Nigerians are Rich people I don't see why the government should go about shamelessly borrowing money from others..
There are alot of billionaires
Dangote, adenuga, cubana , ibeto .. bua
Littered across the country..
If you check out the social media space especially tiktok
You see Nigerians spraying huge money in parties and wedding...
Even Davido can easily cough out 8 billion dollars
even dangote cant cough out $8billion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Quodseverismete: 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
When APC is done with Nigerian, even changi wey go remain for una pocket, them go borrow am

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Madeforus: 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
This is absolutely ridiculous... There should be a limit to loans..this is the time to say NO 100%.

What Buhari borrowed we don't even know when to pay so what's the point.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by qtx(m): 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
slivertongue:
what a disaster party. borrowing and borrowing without development
That is exactly what they know Nigerians will do. To lament, that is all. Bros, no one has the liver to rise up and say no, occupy the streets and insist you cant keep borrowing money and share among yourselves while we ordinary Nigerians continue to suffer and then one day our children will be the ones faced with the repayment of the debits. Sad!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Cmanforall: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2023
kettykin:
Notice how the loan was expressly approved by the national assembly. Bring a bill that would lead to the good of the society like the start up bill and see it take years to become a bill

That is why any president would want to have his person as senate president. Not good for democracy

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Okpokpo09: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
Make in try borrow give him Runo people o! Because hunger wan finish them and their elders are dying like chickens

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
ogododo:
The president made the request through a letter to the Senate, read during the plenary by the Senate President, GodsWill Akpabio, on Tuesday, noting that the fund was to execute critical projects in different sectors.

The President Bola Tinubu-led administration has sought the approval of the Nigerian Senate for $8.6billion and €100million borrowing plan.

The president made the request through a letter to the Senate, read during the plenary by the Senate President, GodsWill Akpabio, on Tuesday, noting that the fund was to execute critical projects in different sectors.

The request was said to be part of the federal government 2022-2024 external borrowing plan approved by former President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, according to the letter.

Tinubu explained that the projects to be funded with the loan cuts across different sectors of the economy, and were selected based on economic evaluation and the expected contribution to the country’s development.

The letter reads in part;, “I write in respect of the above subject and to submit the attached the federal government 2022-2024 external borrowing plan for consideration and early approval of the National Assembly to ensure prompt implementation of the projects.

“The Senate may wish to note that the past administration approved a 2022-2024 borrowing plan by the federal executive council (FEC) held on May 15, 2023.

“The project cuts across all sectors, with specific emphasis on infrastructure, agriculture, health, water supply, roads, security, and employment generation as well as financial management reforms.

“Consequently, the required approval is in the sum of $8,699,168,559 and €100 million.

“I would like to underscore the fact that the projects and programmes in the borrowing plan were selected based on economic evaluations as well as the expected contribution to the social economic development of the country, including employment generation, and skills acquisition.

“Given the nature of these facilities, and the need to return the country to normalcy it has become necessary for the Senate to consider and approve the 2022- 2024 external abridged borrowing plan to enable the government deliver its responsibility to Nigerians.”

In August, the National Assembly approved President Tinubu’s request for over $800 million loan to finance the National Social Safety Network Programme.

The National Assembly had also approved the 2022 Supplementary Appropriations Act of N819 million “for the provision of Palliatives to Nigerians to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy removal”.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/28/president-tinubu-seeks-senate-approval-fresh-86billion-eu100million-loans-amid-nigerias
Buhari promax

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by DSS1335: 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
Offpoint1:
Ok

I want to sell this out, Brand new....

Payment on delivery ( Lagosians ONLY)
25k, NEGOTIABLE

If you live outside lagos, I dey collect my money first.
Size 45 available ?
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2023
waveman2:
So subsidy removal could not stop our borrowing.This shows that subsidy was never the problem.Well I hope the masses will see the impact of the borrowing and it won't end up in some people's pocket.
and it won't end up in some pockets u say, don't be gullible. So u still think we are living in a democratic society with these thieves in Govt. Hmmmm
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by ODOBAA: 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
15k no enter ?
Offpoint1:
Ok

I want to sell this out, Brand new....

Payment on delivery ( Lagosians ONLY)
25k, NEGOTIABLE

If you live outside lagos, I dey collect my money first.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by joseph1832(m): 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
Na wa oh. All this loan sef. How on Earth are they going to repay it?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by FireUpNow(m): 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
President Bola Tinubu and ex president Buhari just love borrowing up and down. Nigerians never see anything for voting this clueless man into power I just dey laugh. Tomorrow he will be telling us about mirage billions of naira he has saved from fuel subsidy removal. Nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Hezmatosky: 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
This borrow go favour me and my family ooooooooooooooo grin

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by GreatOchuks: 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
kettykin:
My advice to tinubu, please use the loans to buy printers from Germany and bring to Nigeria and start printing naira. Anything short of this is waste

😂😂😂😂
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Atlantis585: 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
From one useless old clueless borrow borrow President to another.
Nigeria is in trouble.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Inkling(f): 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
Ok
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Offpoint1: 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
DSS1335:

Size 45 available ?
Yes Boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protesters Block EFCC Office, Want Lamorde Sacked / Nigerian Army Kills Top Boko Haram Commander, Others In Borno / Why We Took Over Nigeria Railway’s Land –wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.