Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans (18448 Views)

Tinubu Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Five Board Directors For CBN / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval For $800M World Bank Loan / Buhari Appoints 41 Non-Career & 1 Career Ambassadors, Seeks Senate's Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Khyrvxjzy: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
joyandfaith

Igbodicool

phorget

bigpicture001

TINUBUISMAD

Chiefpriestt

Joy2dworldxyz

hi

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
Okay
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by GreatOchuks: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
seguno2:

So why is PDP not taking advantage of APC’s fuckup to gain more followers on its side
Because Eye Neck and the Judiciary are firmly on the side of APC ..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Integrafamoo: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
ogododo:
The president made the request through a letter to the Senate, read during the plenary by the Senate President, GodsWill Akpabio, on Tuesday, noting that the fund was to execute critical projects in different sectors.

The President Bola Tinubu-led administration has sought the approval of the Nigerian Senate for $8.6billion and €100million borrowing plan.

The president made the request through a letter to the Senate, read during the plenary by the Senate President, GodsWill Akpabio, on Tuesday, noting that the fund was to execute critical projects in different sectors.

The request was said to be part of the federal government 2022-2024 external borrowing plan approved by former President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, according to the letter.

Tinubu explained that the projects to be funded with the loan cuts across different sectors of the economy, and were selected based on economic evaluation and the expected contribution to the country’s development.

The letter reads in part;, “I write in respect of the above subject and to submit the attached the federal government 2022-2024 external borrowing plan for consideration and early approval of the National Assembly to ensure prompt implementation of the projects.

“The Senate may wish to note that the past administration approved a 2022-2024 borrowing plan by the federal executive council (FEC) held on May 15, 2023.

“The project cuts across all sectors, with specific emphasis on infrastructure, agriculture, health, water supply, roads, security, and employment generation as well as financial management reforms.

“Consequently, the required approval is in the sum of $8,699,168,559 and €100 million.

“I would like to underscore the fact that the projects and programmes in the borrowing plan were selected based on economic evaluations as well as the expected contribution to the social economic development of the country, including employment generation, and skills acquisition.

“Given the nature of these facilities, and the need to return the country to normalcy it has become necessary for the Senate to consider and approve the 2022- 2024 external abridged borrowing plan to enable the government deliver its responsibility to Nigerians.”

In August, the National Assembly approved President Tinubu’s request for over $800 million loan to finance the National Social Safety Network Programme.

The National Assembly had also approved the 2022 Supplementary Appropriations Act of N819 million “for the provision of Palliatives to Nigerians to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy removal”.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/28/president-tinubu-seeks-senate-approval-fresh-86billion-eu100million-loans-amid-nigerias
Emilokan! His turn to distroy Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by canalily(m): 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
What are they doing with all these loans?? I think they said they saved trillions from subsidy removal, what have they done with the money? Why are we leaving in this borrowing era?🤔🤔🤔🤐🤐

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Offpoint1: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
ODOBAA:

15k no enter ?
No boss.
Reason me 22k make I leave am for you, na quality stuff.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by TrumpDonald2: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
As usual, the likes of FreeStuffsNG MANNABBQGRILLSs Yarimo Seunmsg LeoDeKing etc will avoid this thread.

Only the truth will set us free. For now, keep deceiving yourselves.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by scoobyblogspot(m): 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
It is finished

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by InfoMeJobs(m): 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
You boorow without considering repayment. Oh, Nigeria, what's happening?

we still have a whole lots that we cant even metup repayment everymonth and we are going again!

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by RepoMan007: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
iwaeda:

After all the lies about savings from subsidy. APC has sunk Nigeria. They have borrowed till 5th generations. Nothing to show for the wickedness. grin grin grin grin grin
we have rail tracks to Niger to show. We have rice pyramids, we have hmm hmmm, we have hope...lol

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by bayelsaowei(m): 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
Let him take jare..after all our coconut head will explain that other countries like USA take loans too.. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by DSS1335: 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
Offpoint1:

Yes Boss

I am based in PH. Can it be waybilled via parcel courier service, they will collect payment on your behalf
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by hotseat: 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
Tinubu will end up like Bubu, following this trajectory of mindless borrowings!

He says one thing and does another.

Shebi just in August this year he said Nigeria cannot continue to borrow because of the huge burden it places on the economy as a result of the humongous amount needed to service these loans.

What happened to the so-called economic reforms, blue economy ministers left, right and centre and "pledges" from countries to invest in Nigeria?

Tinubu is a con artist!

Tinubu, na like this we go dey dey?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by ideynl1: 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
Tinubulation brings misery.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by REDshouse(m): 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
Offpoint1:
Ok

I want to sell this out, Brand new....

Payment on delivery ( Lagosians ONLY)
25k, NEGOTIABLE

If you live outside lagos, I dey collect my money first.
15k Gbagada Lagos
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Mexyz(m): 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
Here we go with the same circle.

Anyways, guys help me out with this thing called Google chrome cast.

Anyone with the knowledge of how it works, any disadvantage for using it?
I just checked them out on some E-commerce sites and saw we have different types with different prices.

Someone should help me with a general knowledge on it, just want to know if it's better to go for it or just get a smart TV(extra expenses)
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by sulaak(m): 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
waveman2:
So subsidy removal could not stop our borrowing.This shows that subsidy was never the problem.Well I hope the masses will see the impact of the borrowing and it won't end up in some people's pocket.

Subsidy removal was to stop further borrowing, but Buhari, Tinubu and APC have run the country to ground that they need to borrow to pay debt and fund imports for consumption. The country lacks the capacity to generate foreign exchange due to oil thief.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Chetas81(m): 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
IDIOT CITIZEN CANNOT FIGHT IDIOT LEADERS

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by MEEVEET: 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
Available9:
Hahahhahahah...the above is good...what about a government that will borrow money to share ?
How do you think they share money if not stupid projects like this

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Offpoint1: 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
REDshouse:

15k Gbagada Lagos
22k last boss
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Johnken1234: 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
Who is advising Tinubu?? All these highly educated gurus sorrounding him, what are they doing?? We are finished!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by gammarays(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
The best thing you'll do for your children is to make them citizens of other saner climes

Imagine borrowing and looting yet the poor suffer the consequences

At least he should share $10,000 each to his Ronu supporters, they can't be suffering with Obedients

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Offpoint1: 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
DSS1335:

I am based in PH. Can it be waybilled via parcel courier service, they will collect payment on your behalf
I'm not comfortable with payment on delivery outside Lagos.... Unless you'll pay delivery fee first, when you get the shoes you pay for it.
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Paramount01(m): 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
Xscape1993:
I laugh in Idoma language ooo. Their certificate forger president is working. I will never stop calling APC an evil party and big a curse to humanity. How do you want Nigeria to be great when agberos, touts, terrorist sponsors, illiterates, people without economy knowledge, strange men, certificate forgers and killers are in power? Nigeria will never develop until we destroy and bury tribal, religion, social and political sentiments.

Honestly! Is because we don't have other reasonable candidate in 2023 election

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Paramount01(m): 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
forgiveness:
$8b dollars. shocked

How we go take pay back? Are we borrowing from World Bank or IMF?

Are u aware we are almost done with the railway miney we borrow
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Ezzymadu: 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
forgiveness:
$8b dollars. shocked
How we go take pay back? Are we borrowing from World Bank or IMF?
Debt padon them will 4give our sin of debt
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by ednut1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2023
Cash out lol
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Daystar7: 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2023
The way I shouted when I saw this... Kilode? Se fe pa Nigeria nii? Eleyi por oo! Didn't they tell us that they saved #1Trillion from Subsidy and just recently received another Abacha's loot, where's all this money? All the Billions borrowed by Buhari nothing to show for it and the man they said built everything in Lagos is following that same path. APC will ruin this country
Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by illuminutty: 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2023
Jagabandit will loan Nigeria into coma. Now I understand what he meant when he said he would continue from where Failurehari stopped.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by lexy2014: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
nairalanda1, subsidy is the problem ooh that's why Nigeria has been borrowing.

But wait...I thought they said they have "removed" subsidy? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by Burgermotors: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
Which way Nigeria youths, like play like play things are getting out of hand

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Seeks Senate Approval For Fresh $8.6billion, €100million Loans by MrSmithy: 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
No country survives when they borrow to consume...Please let us learn to borrow and invest otherwise we will keep running in cycles

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions / Could This Be The Richest Igbo Man See Photos / Buhari Weighs Options On Incoming Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.