Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,891 members, 7,852,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:28 AM

Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget (43763 Views)

Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? / Here Are The 10 Ministries Planning To Spend 86% Of Nigeria’s Budget In 2024 / 75% Of Nigeria’s Budget Lost To Corruption – Forensic Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Ekugbeh(m): 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
tsdarkside:

stay in Nnewi....

chaii....
A Fed airport, Fed seaport, most govt ministry offices and multinational oil company offices are in Lagos why wouldn't I visit Lagos. Some of you Yorubas are just dúmb

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Whitecoal711: 8:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
Our real budget is with our politicians and their side Chicks

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Elsueno: 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2023
nairalanda1:

One way we can fight corruption is by improving our tax to gdp ratio to 50% from 10%

YOU ARE very unserious person, ur bosses in Aso rock pay a minimum wage of about $30 monthly & u still want to STEAL HALF OF THAT FROM THE POOR MASSESS. REMEMBER MAJORITY( LIKE 90%) OF NIGERIANS DONT EVEN HAVE THE EQUIVALENT OF $500 IN THIER BANK ACCOUNTS

More people paying taxes -more eyes on government= hell let loose for any stealing

But look at it, 33 billion dollars, if spent 'wisely without corruption' on 200 million people won't go far. At all. Corruption makes the bad situation ten times worse.

Yeah 33 billion dollar isn't much for Nigerians, BUT ~$500K IS ok for ag@bado boss to spend on hotels in New work ba

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Kukutenla: 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2023
Catapault:

SHUT UP. IT IS NOT TRUE.

If we had enough money coming in, you will see the effect.

Do you think there is no corruption in Saudi, UAE and co?

There is HEAVY corruption there, but the fact that they have a tiny population means that the govt can easily fix the country even with the corruption.

So having a lot of money coming in, will always negate the effects of corruption.

You notice corruption because we don’t have enough money coming in.
This is a lie. You nitwits are making excuses for corrupt leaders
All these excuses need to stop!!
It's not for nothing China shoots people dead for corruption

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
Ekugbeh:
A Fed airport, Fed seaport, most govt ministry offices and multinational oil company offices are in Lagos why wouldn't I visit Lagos. Some of you Yorubas are just dúmb

why are they leavin your region to start with....??

am sure you dont even ask yourself that question....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Ikinternational: 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Corn247:

Yes the Chinese industries pay tax to china.
Which useless thing do you produce in aba and how does it reflect in the revenue??

Ogun state alone generate more more than your five states and that makes sense to you clowns.
Abeg pack well.

How much of Nigeria's GDP comes from your lineage you dickhead. Tell us what YOU contribute

Na to latch on n blabber

If you posted your account balance I'd make a donation out of pity
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Whitecoal711:
Our real budget is with our politicians and their side Chicks

bwahaha....fear side chicks....luggard had a side chick too....and the side chick named your area....

kiki....
white bitchess....

power of between the legs.... cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by casualobserver: 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
tsdarkside:

you mean those that cant pay....??
wetin you wan pay when you dont have....

na market women sellin fish you wan tax....??
how much you wan tax such people....??

or is it poor people sellin gala and other substandard stuffs on highways you wan tax....??
how much....??

the rich will always find a way to bypass your taxes....they pay people to find out those loopholes....

the only way out is for nigeria to produce more and rely less on imports....

Read what I wrote again. I never said tax the poor. I specifically said many times the poor have no money to give. Is it people you are giving 25,000 monthly conditional cash transfer you want to tax? Which tax…from the CCt you are giving them that is barely enough to survive?

There are millions of self employed people who make 10-20m a year for example that pay no taxes or pay token taxes. If you are making that amount of money, your tax should be between 2m and 4m. If you check the tax clearance if these people you will see 50k if you are lucky. These people are easy to identify by doing a BVN query on the database.

And as far as poor, not everybody that looks poor is poor. Some mechanics make more money than the salaried workers that bear the brunt of our tax burden. I still remember when I was young and my father’s mechanic bought a brand new 505…his own. That’s not a poor man.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Kukutenla: 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
DeepSight:

Besides they sent Zuma to Jail. Which Nigerian president can even be investigated, not to speak of jailed.
Don't mind these nitwits
See how they are making excuses for corruption by saying the effect is being felt because the money is not enough to satisfy the loot
Just imagine what youths are saying!!
Have you ever heard of a US President dead or alive who looted even 100m not to mention 1bn despite their budget running into trillions of dollars?
This country will never be fixed with the kind of citizens we have

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by soccerlite: 8:13pm On Nov 29, 2023
Corn247:
And this Nigeria's budgets is mostly borrowed.

Sorry to say, this is what you get when you have huge unproductive population, population that thinks they are smart and intelligent by importing what we should be forced to produce.

The mod should move this vital information to Frontpage

Nflmod
Mynd44

Do you know how much it takes to set-up and run a factory in nigeria for the innocent nigerians

Maybe you should help force the politicians and their allies stealing nigeria wealth
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Princedapace(m): 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
Image123:

You should actually be challenging SE leaders who have majorly pocketed South East money instead of bringing in investment, FDI and industries to the zone. Other zones are being industrialized and globalized, making themselves into standard developed cities, you are here spiting people that used their money better with indigenous efforts talk.
Later when the difference is very clear, you will claim that they marginalized you. Wake up dear, hate is never the way up.

Which other regions are being industrilized? U are so funny! Bro, indegenous industries that produce local products that can be exported is the way to go!
And hey, all regions in Nigeria are shithole. Wake up baba!
No single region in Nigeria is competitive. Wake up o!
No region has 24/7 power supply, so how can industry strive?
ALl regions, people still dig borehole to get water, all regions, their state capitals are still shitholes.
All regions, if u get heart attack, u are most likely going to die due to poor health care!
All regions have poor emergence response center!
U can easily be killed in all regions! grin
In all regions, the politicians and their friends are balling hard while more than 80 percent of the citizens in that region are struggling middle class or poor class

So, what is now the globalization in which region abeg?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
casualobserver:

Read what I wrote again. I never said tax the poor. I specifically said many times the poor have no money to give. Is it people you are giving 25,000 monthly conditional cash transfer you want to tax? Which tax…from the CCt you are giving them that is barely enough to survive?

There are millions of self employed people who make 10-20m a year for example that pay no taxes or pay token taxes. If you are making that amount of money, your tax should be between 2m and 4m. If you check the tax clearance if these people you will see 50k if you are lucky. These people are easy to identify by doing a BVN query on the database.

and you dont understand me either....western nations are scared to tax people that have money too much because they could leave the country....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by alizma: 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:
It's not about how much you budget but what you actually do with the money. Even if we're given 500billion dollars yearly, our extremly corrupt and wicked Apc political rulers and Allies will reloot the monies without any tangible results
First of all, no one is giving you money for budget, budget is based on expected revenue and loan, how many Nigerians pay tax accordingly, how many companies are paying tax accordingly? You and I know the answer. The more we are responsible tax wise, the bigger the budget can be
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Ekugbeh(m): 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
tsdarkside:

why are they leavin your region to start with....??

am sure you dont even ask yourself that question....
stop quoting me dúmáss
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by casualobserver: 8:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
tsdarkside:

and you dont understand me either....western nations are scared to tax people that have money too much because they could leave the country....

Guy, stop looking at western nations for guidance in life. Copy copy is part of our problem in this country. They are they and we are we. Most of these people,cannot make the money they make in Nigeria anywhere but Nigeria. There is a difference between increasing the taxes of people who already pay taxes(abroad) and collecting taxes from people who don’t (Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Kobicove(m): 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:
It's not about how much you budget but what you actually do with the money. Even if we're given 500billion dollars yearly, our extremly corrupt and wicked Apc political rulers and Allies will reloot the monies without any tangible results

Is it only the APC that has corrupt people, were politicians not stealing when the PDP was in power? angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Ekugbeh(m): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
alizma:

First of all, no one is giving you money for budget, budget is based on expected revenue and loan, how many Nigerians pay tax accordingly, how many companies are paying tax accordingly? You and I know the answer. The more we are responsible tax wise, the bigger the budget can be
I pay tax on clothes, top ups, on electricity, bank transactions, etc.
Stop showcasing your crass ignorance. Dúmb Yoruba tóut
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Kukutenla: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
azzima:
The BIGGER Question to ask here is......How MANY of these Noisemakers here ACTUALLY pay their taxes?

Do Mechanics, 4 by 4 Traders, spare parts sellers,Hawkers, etc pay their taxes How

We Keep comparing ourselves with Countries with High numbers of their Citizens doing their PART of Contributing to their Country's economy by paying taxes.

We cannot be on par with these other Countries if we pay ZERO Taxes.

Most of these Noisemakers have NEVER filled a tax form in their ENTIRE LIFE....

ABEG!!!
Stop advertising your ignorance. Traders and artisans pay taxes all over the country. Just because they don't wear suits does not mean they don't. I know this for a fact!!
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by ConquerorK: 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
abdeefggh:

Reno omokri on x

Be reasonable, go check the amount of revenue New York is generating that warrant such budget. Go check the amount of companies,businesses and infrastructures in New York. Nothing justifies mediocrity, absolutely nothing justifies it
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by waveman2: 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
How do you raise national income.Taxing people who are already poor and most survive with under a dollar a day.Tap into your numerous resources that God has given you but you choose to focus on oil and avoid others because most big men are using that one for side business.Beg investors to come into a poor country and invest which most will refuse because of their return on investment is not guaranteed as a result of unstable fx,poor power etc.so explain how do we raise national income?

Catapault:

JUST AS YOU WOULD BE IF YOU GOT INTO OFFICE.

You all form Angel Gabriel until you find yourself in public office.

Keep pointing fingers over the pittance of a budget instead of finding ways to raise national income.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by omooba969(m): 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
abdeefggh:
We have a long way to go

You just dey wake up ni?
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Machinegun91(m): 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2023
Captured with an itel phone
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by waveman2: 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
My brother they are useless that is why nigeria will never make headway.Have any of them gone through our budget to see how projects are being padded.E.g a ministry digging bore hole for 25m,is that not corruption? And they will still dig that borehole the following year.This is the corruption we are talking about,without corruption there would have been growth which would have aided our revenue generation.

Kukutenla:

Don't mind these nitwits
See how they are making excuses for corruption by saying the effect is being felt because the money is not enough to satisfy the loot
Have you ever heard of a US President dead or alive who looted even 100m not to mention 1bn despite their budget running into trillions of dollars?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by DeepSight(m): 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2023
Kukutenla:

Don't mind these nitwits

I tell you. Its funny how we worship our destroyers. Well, there is a saying that a people get the leadership they deserve.

The bold in yours puts it perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by DeepSight(m): 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2023
waveman2:
My brother they are useless that is why nigeria will never make headway.Have any of them gone through our budget to see how projects are being padded.E.g a ministry digging bore hole for 25m,is that not corruption? And they will still dig that borehole the following year.This is the corruption we are talking about,without corruption there would have been growth which would have aided our revenue generation.

I have seen projects are deliberately left undone every year so that they do it again annually almost perpetually. There are projects like that that have lasted 20 years. That's when a person says corruption is not the number one problem, I have to ask the age of that person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Littlefingerjp: 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2023
Corn247:
And this Nigeria's budgets is mostly borrowed.

Sorry to say, this is what you get when you have huge unproductive population, population that thinks they are smart and intelligent by importing what we should be forced to produce and export .

How does the government help to stop importing..
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by nedu666: 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2023
casualobserver:

And as far as poor, not everybody that looks poor is poor. Some mechanics make more money than the salaried workers that bear the brunt of our tax burden. I still remember when I was young and my father’s mechanic bought a brand new 505…his own. That’s not a poor man.

You are delusional. How can you say there are millions of Nigerians who make 10 to 20 million annually. Where exactly are those people working or what business are they doing. Cbn report way back when economy was still OK showed less than 2 million Nigerians had 1 million and above in their account while over 44 million had 500k and below

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by PHAYOL81: 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
When we tell them we're not as wealthy as they say, they call us names but truth will always manifest
Many of these advance countries don't even rely on their oil and gas revenue with that contributing a meagre to their IGR and GDP having being operating a very diversified economy.

WE MUST DIVERSIFY THE ECONOMY FOR SUSTAINABLE FUTURE. THE CRUDE OIL ALONE CAN'T GIVE US THAT. AND BEAR IN MIND THAT WITH THIS DIVERSIFICATION COMES SOME PAINS WE MUST ENDURE. BUT IF WE KEEP AT IT RELIGIOUSLY, WE'LL COME TO ENJOY THE ABUNDANT GAINS.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by DeepSight(m): 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2023
tsdarkside:

i dont agree with you on this....
corruption is in every country in the world....but to think nigerias problem is only corruption is makin it look too simple....

I have not said its the only problem. However I definitely insist it is the biggest problem.
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by PepeXKermit: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2023
tsdarkside:

olomo billionaires....

what are you still movin around for then....

stay in your region....

I have never seen anyone who does well, make reasonable amount of comfortable money get angry that people who are citizens in same country move from location to location. My brother prove me wrong that you earn more than 100k a month, i will double your monthly income to any account of your choosing....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2023
Ekugbeh:
I pay tax on clothes, top ups, on electricity, bank transactions, etc.
Stop showcasing your crass ignorance. Dúmb Yoruba tóut

are you here to insult everybody or to discuss issues....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by seunayantokun(m): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2023
First, who implements our budget? Reasonable leaders or rogue dealers? You elect ignoble thieves rather than honourable chiefs to oversee your life and you want a better result. Watch it so that you don't die of fantasising.

Two, when you are overloaded with debt burdens, you become poorer than you potentially are. Debts impoverish and kill. A borrower is a servant to their lender.

In a normal family, everyone is allowed to be what they want to be as they develop and use their God-given talent(s), but in Nigeria, all the various ethnicities have lost their freedom and development potentiality to the FG which uses the satanic law of bondage called the 1999 constitution to rule them for the sadistic pleasure of a pack of prodigals.

Finally, it is self-destruct to think of prosperity in a land trodden under hoofs by cattle herded by sophisticatedly armed Fulani terrorists. The land is meant by God's design to cater to the needs of those who live on it but when that fails, destitution is ushered in.

Kindly note, it is not really true all people in the system called Nigeria love travelling abroad, the current japa syndrome is a symptom of a house on fire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Protesters Flood UK Embassy Abuja, Insist UK Must Produce Nnamdi Kanu / Bukola Saraki Watches LeBron James Play Basketball In US (Photos) / Jonathan Bread Now In Town (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.