Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,460 members, 7,846,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:26 AM

Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget (43719 Views)

Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? / Here Are The 10 Ministries Planning To Spend 86% Of Nigeria’s Budget In 2024 / 75% Of Nigeria’s Budget Lost To Corruption – Forensic Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Faposky95: 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2023
abdeefggh:

Reno omokri on x

Dumb
Failing to realize that miracles happen and that with the laying down our foolish ways and see which we are blind will forget these figures and make Nigerians proud recipients of their country.
Until then .....
Bubu showed his stupid loopsidedness for the fulani that the
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by JuanDeDios: 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2023
DeepSight:

The only reason our budget remains that poor - and I repeat with emphasis - the ONLY reason is our unthinkable political corruption. An oil producing country which has no working refineries for almost two decades speaks for itself. Let me also assure you that the theft of this country's resources is beyond the obvious. Those who collude with politicians to quietly steal solid minerals are there. Those who have deliberately sabotaged the power sector are there. If you think the subsidy was just a normal thing that had to go because "Nigerians are lazy" then you dont understand the depth of what transpires in this country. A subsidy that was only about 300 billion some years ago became over six trillion and you dont understand that a mafia was at work. The only reason it has been seized now is simply because Bretton Woods institutions will not continue loaning our political elite money to steal at that level. There are natural subsidies in every country. Its the extreme and even demonic theft of ours that has forced this situation.

Again, if you dont know that all the savings from the removal of subsidy in Nigeria will still be voraciously stolen by politicians, then you dont know Nigeria.

In Nigeria there are roads projects that have been financed by every government since Obasanjo's - and remain untouched. That level of theft should tell you the matter really rests with political corruption. Now that the cookie is crumbling or rather the cookie jar has so shrunk that there is little to steal, they wish to shift the burden to the poor.

Also, like someone pointed out up there, the true measure of a country's wealth is its GDP and not its budget. With our GDP, which has even been dropping, we can have a far bigger budget than 33 Bn. We can grow that GDP very fast also - exponentially even.

My dear, in Nigeria, taxing the people more is also no solution to political corruption. If you dont know that such tax will still disappear and yet Nigerians will move on, then you still dont know your country. Mind you, I dont say dont tax - I simply point out that it will not do jack to corruption.
Correct. I think people just extrapolate theories from other places without considering Nigeria: just tax the people and they'll hold government accountable. Which people?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2023
tsdarkside:

and you dont understand me either....western nations are scared to tax people that have money too much because they could leave the country....

Know the difference

These wealthy people that have money 💰 how did they make the money? Is their wealth not in the system creating more wealth for the system? More employment opportunities for the system? So any right thinking human with conscience will try not to hurt them.

Unlike Nigeria where most of the wealth are gotten through looting and embezzlement, to add insult they injury, mop up their loot in cash from the system and bury them in sockaways, geepee tanks, under their beds and pillows. Thereby severely starving the system/real sector of the needed liquidity.
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Know the difference

These wealthy people that have money 💰 how did they make the money? Is their wealth not in the system creating more wealth for the system? More employment opportunities for the system? So any right thinking human with conscience will try not to hurt them.

Unlike Nigeria where most of the wealth are gotten through looting and embezzlement, to add insult they injury, mop up their loot in cash from the system and bury them in sockaways, geepee tanks, under their beds and pillows. Thereby severely starving the system/real sector of the needed liquidity.

you are right on this too....
ours dont even put what they loot back into the system....

if they would even use the looted money and do something in nigeria with it,it wouldnt even be that bad sef....
they either bring it abroad or hide it in nigeria somewhere....

you are right.... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2023
DeepSight:

I have not said its the only problem. However I definitely insist it is the biggest problem.
The one in Nigeria is abnormal, it is an abomination. Like it is constitutionally backed up and empowered.

It is too bad. If you look at it critically it is pure treason against the state that is unpardonable. For example traveling abroad for med treatment as an elected leader.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

The one in Nigeria is abnormal, it is an abomination. Like it is constitutionally backed up and empowered.

It is too bad. If you look at it critically it is pure treason against the state that is unpardonable. For example traveling abroad for med treatment as an elected leader.

if you challendge this evil rich people,they could hire dangerous people and get you killed....

or get your relatives kidnapped....

soo,if we dont manage to improve security,then any economical achievement will mean nothing at the end....

this was what i was tryin to explain to igbo people for years....they still dont get it till today....
this their if its you not me then it doesnt matter mentality....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
tsdarkside:

if you challendge this evil rich people,they could hire dangerous people and get you killed....

or get your relatives kidnapped....

soo,if we dont manage to improve security,then any economical achievement will mean nothing at the end....
Another big issue on the front burner that has reached dangerous and frightening dimensions.

That why Nigerians are docile, too scared to talk in a democracy?

Recall a former honourable minister said Nigerians rather commit suicide than confront their emasculated conditions.
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by PrettyIfy7: 11:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
Corn247:
And this Nigeria's budgets is mostly borrowed.

Sorry to say, this is what you get when you have huge unproductive population, population that thinks they are smart and intelligent by importing what we should be forced to produce and export .

Can you tell us one thing you've been able to produce?
Something that can be exported.
If non, then your stvpidity is wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Tochi3(m): 11:33pm On Nov 29, 2023
BabaAduras:

See how parochial your thinking is. So it is only Buhari and Tinubu the messed the country up? Because of political blindness, you have developed selective memory and cannot think logically.

You cannot understand that the problem of Nigeria started when Agunyi Ironsi cancelled the prosperous regional governments and concentrated power and economy at the center. That singular action, killed all the regional bases of industrialization (Palm Kernel in the West, Groundnut and Leather in the North, Coal mining in the East).

This was followed by the recklessness of Gowon/Awolowo era of "our problem is not how to make money but how to spend it" coupled with the hyper-inflation that followed "Udoji Allowance."

Muritala and Obj just followed Gowon/Awolowo economic blueprint and handed power to the super looting era of Shehu Shagari.

From then to date, the only government that tried to change the trend was GMB/Idiagbon. Unfortunately, Nigerians were not ready to make the necessary sacrifices to make it work. So the government did not last. It was toppled by the smiling super-looter IBB. All the governments we have had since then to date are just super-looters with no plan nor the boldness to drive necessary change that would resulted in the nations prosperity.

The hope is that BAT can sustain the bold initiatives he has started to reverse our fortunes. That is the waiting game. It is simply too early now to see a sudden reverse in fortune of an economy that has been damaged and battered for over a period of close to 55 years.

I must say, people like you who cannot look back to understand the problems, but reason and make comments from political/ethnical/tribal point of view are not helping the matter at all.

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:46pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:
It's not about how much you budget but what you actually do with the money. Even if we're given 500billion dollars yearly, our extremly corrupt and wicked Apc political rulers and Allies will reloot the monies without any tangible results
Who told you that they aren’t looting in SA, USA etc?
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by ahaz: 12:07am On Nov 30, 2023
abdeefggh:
We have a long way to go
Now tell us, what is Giant about Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Catapault: 12:36am On Nov 30, 2023
DeepSight:

Please I mean no offense oh, so try to take none - but how old are you? Because I dont know if you know much of our country. I dont know if you know, for example, how we budget for certain pieces of major infrastructure every year, and leave them untouched. There are many I can point out to you which have been funded for over twenty years consistently and never been touched. What is that if not black magic. That's why I asked how old you are. If the question offends you, please let me translate it to how long you have been following political economics in Nigeria. That's a better way to phrase it.

Dear friend, if you understand the ruthlessness of our corruption and its depth and scale, you would know that corruption has always been our biggest problem. If you like earn one trillion dollars, it will disappear in Nigeria, I guarantee you.

Name me TEN of such '''major infrastructure'' that have been funded for twenty years and left UNTOUCHED till today.

Name them!
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by WannaHowzit(m): 1:34am On Nov 30, 2023
tsdarkside:

no mind them....to them everywhere else is better than nigeria....

tell them that south africa is havin electric cuts too and they will not believe it....
people steal street lights and dig up cabels for the cooper....they will not believe it....

Facts don't lie - SA is rich🇿🇦🏆 That's why you call us lazy coz our government spends our tax money on us & therefore we don't japa 🇿🇦🏆🏆🏆

What do you get in Hungergeria 😕😕😕🇳🇬👎🏾 Has South Sudan or CAR approved your visa yet desperate "hustler"?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 2:00am On Nov 30, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Facts don't lie - SA is rich🇿🇦🏆 That's why you call us lazy coz our government spends our tax money on us & therefore we don't japa 🇿🇦🏆🏆🏆

What do you get in Hungergeria 😕😕😕🇳🇬👎🏾 Has South Sudan or CAR approved your visa yet desperate "hustler"?

if i hear....

south africans dont japa....??

guy,south africans plenty in europe....i met them....
a south african lady was desperate to fvck me their,but i said noo....

you have no idea man....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by pocom35: 2:16am On Nov 30, 2023
madmohamed:
the country you Manton is working properly Nigeria is not working 80 percent of the money will be stolen by our criminal politicians

In South Africa all eyes 👀 will be on any project but in Nigeria they will keep on budgeting billion for one project for 20 years

Loke our refinery our roads east west road Lagos abiokute road onitsha Enugu road many of them did you know how mush past government spends on that project still nothing working something will not happen in South Africa and Egypt

Our politicians are more than arm robbers they need to be ston to death

Let me realistic... corruption is everywhere but still no matter how corrupt free Nigeria can get...have 33bn for 200 million will never achieve the same result 130bn is doing for 60 million people in South Africa....it is common sense..
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:58am On Nov 30, 2023
abdeefggh:

Reno omokri on x

The idiotic Reno intentionally failed to mention the extreme level of corruption that's responsible for lack of progress, and you hypocr!tes are scampering to like his post

Nawaoo
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by pocom35: 3:12am On Nov 30, 2023
gare:

Reno shut up your mouth, our major problem in Nigeria is corruption, since you have failed to talk about it, let me remind you, because you have been creating so much nuisance of late on social media.

If we can reduce corruption by 40% in the country you will see meaningful development, [b]70% [/b]of our budget is stolen by politicians what do you expect the country to do with 30%.

Please go and look for a job because you are becoming a nuisance.

You are the one that is helping them to steal..I guess that's why you can tell it's 70%
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by October1960: 3:19am On Nov 30, 2023
madmohamed:
the country you Manton is working properly Nigeria is not working 80 percent of the money will be stolen by our criminal politicians

In South Africa all eyes 👀 will be on any project but in Nigeria they will keep on budgeting billion for one project for 20 years

Loke our refinery our roads east west road Lagos abiokute road onitsha Enugu road many of them did you know how mush past government spends on that project still nothing working something will not happen in South Africa and Egypt

Also majority of government workers are crooks from Perm Secs to Managers and Directors. They have stolen millions for the past 50 years and given to their children.
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by CrossRhodes: 4:01am On Nov 30, 2023
tsdarkside:

stay in your region....!!

olodo....!!
Mugu
Humans must migrate and your generations can't do nothing about it.
You dunderheads must be loosing it daily with your igbophobia..
If you can't stay on topic, log off and help your mother cook food
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Rossikk(m): 4:06am On Nov 30, 2023
tsdarkside:

if i hear....

south africans dont japa....??

guy,south africans plenty in europe....i met them....
a south african lady was desperate to fvck me their,but i said noo....

you have no idea man....

Same thing I experienced with them in London back in the day.

Once South African women learn you are a Nigerian, they want to f.ck your brains out.

I've never seen anything like it.
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Caseless: 4:59am On Nov 30, 2023
abdeefggh:
We have a long way to go
My God!

Now I pity my country.
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 5:16am On Nov 30, 2023
Rossikk:

Same thing I experienced with them in London back in the day.

Once South African women learn you are a Nigerian, they want to f.ck your brains out.

I've never seen anything like it.

nawa....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 5:19am On Nov 30, 2023
CrossRhodes:

Mugu
Humans must migrate and your generations can't do nothing about it.
You dunderheads must be loosing it daily with your igbophobia..
If you can't stay on topic, log off and help your mother cook food

what is a igbophobia....

does it taste nice....??
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Phantom233: 5:56am On Nov 30, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Who told you that they aren’t looting in SA, USA etc?
And who said it's only in Nigeria that they loot? But certainly the level and rate of corruption in Nigeria is a case study in heaven .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Hotice085: 6:11am On Nov 30, 2023
WannaHowzit:

They spend tax money on you that is why you women keep talking about our women, they keep running after my boys both in SA and outside SA, your lazy broke ass men like you can't stop hating and stealing from my boys, they take care of you yet the most Xenophobic country in Africa stealing and killing Africans
You don't JAPA becos you are born cowards who can only stay in your ghettos and make noise against other Africans, outside of SA even in Lesotho you rats dare not open those coward mouths of yours because you know the beatings you wretch will be given Mandela will weep inside his grave
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by bayelsaowei(m): 6:36am On Nov 30, 2023
Phantom233:
It's not about how much you budget but what you actually do with the money. Even if we're given 500billion dollars yearly, our extremly corrupt and wicked Apc political rulers and Allies will reloot the monies without any tangible results
that dashboard shows there is a direct relation between budgets and a country's productivity..

We are highly non productive reason why our budget is that small compared to our population... take a look at Algeria..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Otolomo1(m): 6:42am On Nov 30, 2023
Abeg which south Africa?
You people just like comparison...
No be the south Africa wey we dey read about their corrupt practices here on daily basis?
Why can't you compare Nigeria with the goods for once...
Your hate for this country will surely hinder your progress...
Sure
madmohamed:

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by gare(f): 6:43am On Nov 30, 2023
pocom35:

You are the one that is helping them to steal..I guess that's why you can tell it's 70%

Keep taking side with evil leaders in this country, I pray you life is like Nigeria that never progesses despite all it's wealth, be looking for 70%

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Olajide200(m): 6:54am On Nov 30, 2023
The difference is that, for other African countries, their budget goes to development of the country. But in Nigeria, the budget goes to the pocket of less than 100 people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Lighthome: 7:41am On Nov 30, 2023
Is it APC that is ruling your state?
Phantom233:
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by WannaHowzit(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2023
Hotice085:

They spend tax money on you that is why you women keep talking about our women, they keep running after my boys both in SA and outside SA, your lazy broke ass men like you can't stop hating and stealing from my boys, they take care of you yet the most Xenophobic country in Africa stealing and killing Africans
You don't JAPA becos you are born cowards who can only stay in your ghettos and make noise against other Africans, outside of SA even in Lesotho you rats dare not open those coward mouths of yours because you know the beatings you wretch will be given Mandela will weep inside his grave

Tell those drunk & junkie women you🇳🇬👎🏾 can only afford a $33billion budget for 250million people while SA🇿🇦🏆 spends $132billion on 60 million people.

Do you see misplaced priorities 🤣🇳🇬💩💩💩💩 (well deserved poop emojis for you and Japageria)
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Yusufisraelj(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2023
Corn247:
And this Nigeria's budgets is mostly borrowed.

Sorry to say, this is what you get when you have huge unproductive population, population that thinks they are smart and intelligent by importing what we should be forced to produce and export .

Let's even produce first my brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Elections Must Be Cancelled In Rivers State, Says Amaechi / Sule Lamido Wore 2012 PDP Convention Gown To 2017 Convention (Photo) / Uba Sani Rejects El-rufai’s Ministerial Candidate Tells Tinubu To Expect Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.