Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:02 AM

Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn (55589 Views)

Poll: What is Obasanjo's crime against Nigeria

Massacre of Tiv civilians in Zaki Biam Benue State: 9% (3 votes)
Impoverishment of the Nigerian Masses by 500% devaluation of Naira.: 6% (2 votes)
Mismanagement and closure of our National Airline Nigeria Airways: 9% (3 votes)
Massacre of thousands of villagers in Odi, Bayelsa State in Niger Delta: 9% (3 votes)
Taking IMF loans and implementing damaging economic policies: 6% (2 votes)
Increasing fuel prices by 500%: 9% (3 votes)
Deceiving Nigeria by claiming fuel was subsidised: 6% (2 votes)
As military ruler, using the funds /land for "Operation Feed Nation" to acquire his Ota farm: 6% (2 votes)
Covertly sponsoring the coup in which Muritala Mohammad was assassinated, and executing dozens of people to cover up: 3% (1 vote)
Closing Petroleum Trust Fund and allowing Infrastructural decay: 3% (1 vote)
Presiding during collapse of electrical power supply in entire eastern region: 0% (0 votes)
Inviting US military into Nigeria and exposing national security secrets: 3% (1 vote)
Making himself minister of Petroleum and failing to have his management of oil revenue audited till this very day: 3% (1 vote)
Embezzling and estimated $120bn or approx N20 trillion: 9% (3 votes)
Sold off all of Nigeria's assets including Oil Blocks , Refineries, Electricity Authority, National, Telecommunications and historical buildings etc.: 6% (2 votes)
Buying up the national assets he privatised at a price that is a tiny fraction of its true value: 3% (1 vote)
Giving away Bakassi peninsula without a national referendum or conference: 3% (1 vote)
Mismanaging our national pension fund and presiding whilst $15bn went missing and denying pensioners their pensions: 3% (1 vote)
Deceiving Nigerians that Abacha' government was a bad, to justify undoing most of Abacha's good work: 3% (1 vote)
Presiding over the worst period of political assassinations in Nigeria's history: approx 20 assassinations including Bola Ige: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Obasanjo's worst crime is?:

Massacre of Tiv civilians in Zaki Biam Benue State:: 25% (1 vote)
Looting and closing our National Airline Nigeria Airways:: 0% (0 votes)
Massacre of thousands of villagers in Odi, in Niger Delta:: 0% (0 votes)
Devaluation of Naira 500% & raising fuel prices 500%: 50% (2 votes)
Embezzling an estimated N30 trillion ($180bn):: 25% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) / Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 30, 2011
Obasanjo's devalued the Naira by 500%

and presided as Nigeria became the most corrupt country in the world (Nigeria had been 27th most corrupt the previous year when he came to power)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.32.html

He led during a period of record high oil prices

[img]http://4.bp..com/-yaxbjDFQd6A/T1NgDK9gnRI/AAAAAAAAAj0/6xu4NnRJqdc/s640/obasanjo+blames.jpg[/img]

Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2011
and raised fuel prices by approx 400-500%

Deceitfully called hike of fuel prices subsidy removal - instead of calling it what it really is a stealth tax.
By calling it subsidy removal, he avoided giving account of how the extra revenue collected was to be spent.

Abacha raised fuel prices (never called it a subsidy removal) and accounted for the extra revenue collected by using the money to run the Petroleum Trust Fund for infrastructural development.

No wonder that one of the first actions of Obasanjo was to abolish the PTF and give himself control of oil revenue.
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 30, 2011
He raided the offices of Thisday newspapers after the paper tried to expose his corrupt practices
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by auwal87(m): 12:37am On Oct 31, 2011
@ GenBuhari

I respect Buhari anytime, He is my 1st choice when it comes to voting, but hey, you are all waisting your time. The forces you are fighting in Nigeria are greater and mightier, and one way to defeat them is to rock their brain with an unusual, and faceless radical move by Buhari. When Buhari was asked by journalist about his desire or aim to Islamize Nigeria, he couldn't give an answer. What is wrong with Islamizing Nigeria? He would have won the election, if he gave the true answer. I can't for one second deny, as a Muslim, that I will not work or promote my religion peacefully in whatever position I find myself. This is a duty, by denying the claim, he act hypocritical about it.

Don't misunderstand my point though, I have respect for Buhari anytime anyday, but he just got it wrong, and I must admit it. Next time someone ask him about Islamizing Nigeria let him answer truthfully and honestly, and ask that questioner if anything is wrong with Islamizing Nigeria.

The country as it is is already Christianized.
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 1:49am On Oct 31, 2011
Buhari does not want to islamize Nigeria, don't forget he was a Head of State and his focus then was the economy, so I do not understand your point.
Furthermore Buhari married a Christian wife, and his driver is a christian.
Buhari also chose a christian pastor as a running mate in the recent presidential elections.

But Buhari is not the mystry leader that this thread is about.
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 31, 2011
One of the first actions of this leader on coming to power was to abolish the Petroleum Trust Fund, which was set up a previous government to improve infrastructure.
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by koruji(m): 1:59am On Oct 31, 2011
[size=14pt]It is either you want to be an Islamic proselyte or you want to lead a multi-religious nation - you can't do[/size] both. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

auwal87:

@ GenBuhari
I respect Buhari anytime, He is my 1st choice when it comes to voting, but hey, you are all waisting your time. The forces you are fighting in Nigeria are greater and mightier, and one way to defeat them is to rock their brain with an unusual, and faceless radical move by Buhari. When Buhari was asked by journalist about his desire or aim to Islamize Nigeria, he couldn't give an answer. What is wrong with Islamizing Nigeria? He would have won the election, if he gave the true answer. [size=14pt]I can't for one second deny, as a Muslim, that I will not work or promote my religion peacefully in whatever position I find myself. This is a duty, by denying the claim, he act hypocritical about it.[/size]
Don't misunderstand my point though, I have respect for Buhari anytime anyday, but he just got it wrong, and I must admit it. Next time someone ask him about Islamizing Nigeria let him answer truthfully and honestly, and ask that questioner if anything is wrong with Islamizing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 31, 2011
This leader was in power when over 10,000 people died in ethinic violence
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by auwal87(m): 9:43am On Oct 31, 2011
GenBuhari:

Buhari does not want to islamize Nigeria, don't forget he was a Head of State and his focus then was the economy, so I do not understand your point.
Furthermore Buhari married a Christian wife, and his driver is a christian.
Buhari also chose a christian pastor as a running mate in the recent presidential elections.

But Buhari is not the mystry leader that this thread is about.

I am not sure whether you are Muslim yourself or not, and what you define Islamization as.
But if it means promoting Islamic values and teachings, then yes, Buhari cannot deny, it is his duty.
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by auwal87(m): 9:56am On Oct 31, 2011
koruji:

[size=14pt]It is either you want to be an Islamic proselyte or you want to lead a multi-religious nation - you can't do[/size] both. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The main issue is getting the right person in the right place. Afterall, there is no compulsion in religion, at least in Islam. Separation of church and state is not feasible in Nigeria.
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2011
This leader presided as Nigeria Airways  was mismanaged looted until it collapsed

Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by PeeDaVinci: 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2011
auwal87:

@ GenBuhari

I respect Buhari anytime, He is my 1st choice when it comes to voting, but hey, you are all waisting your time. The forces you are fighting in Nigeria are greater and mightier, and one way to defeat them is to rock their brain with an unusual, and faceless radical move by Buhari. When Buhari was asked by journalist about his desire or aim to Islamize Nigeria, he couldn't give an answer. What is wrong with Islamizing Nigeria? He would have won the election, if he gave the true answer. I can't for one second deny, as a Muslim, that I will not work or promote my religion peacefully in whatever position I find myself. This is a duty, by denying the claim, he act hypocritical about it.

so, wat is ur point - u would rather vote for a christian (jonathan) than a muslim who is not ready to islamise nigeria, i just dont get it. either way, nigeria is not goin to be islamized, so, y dont you choose many more criteria other than islamization to determine who u'll support.
btw, religion should play no part, however small, in democracy
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
This leader presided as several Northern States adopted Sharia Law
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Sunofgod(m): 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
Stop the teasing - Hurry up and tell us . . . . . shocked

Was it OBJ? or IBB?
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by coogar: 5:22pm On Oct 31, 2011
GenBuhari:

This leader presided as several Northern States adopted Sharia Law

you don't have to go any further.
obasanjo is a boil on the arse of humanity!

if there's any justice in the world, he should be stoned dead by 20,000 able-bodied men with hard stones then set ablaze!
he single-handedly ruined nigeria.
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2011
The "leader"  is Obasanjo  angry

He also managed to give away valuable Nigerian land ( Bakassi)

wiped out (massacred) villages in Odi and in central Nigeria:

Obasanjo devalue Naira from N22=$1  to  a worthless : N135=$1 this is a wreckless 500% devaluation.
This is at a time when we had record high oil prices.

His presidency was a wasted opportunity for the country :

1 Like

Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by coogar: 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2011
GenBuhari:

The "leader"  is Obasanjo  angry

He also managed to give away valuable Nigerian land ( Bakassi)

wiped out villages in Odi and in central Nigeria:

Obasanjo devalue Naira from N22=$1  to  a worthless : N135=$1 this is a wreckless 500% devaluation.
This is at a time when we had record high oil prices.

His presidency was a wasted opportunity for the country sad

he should never have been the president but northerners and easterners voted for him.
he lost in every state in the south west including his own street. yorubas knew he was not good enough to rule but the other parts of nigeria were willing to die for him.

they cannot/shouldn't complain and that includes the niger-delta!
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Odunnu: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2011
Nigerians may have made a mistake in Obj but right now, its past tense.
We have GEJ now, how do we collectively and individually help to move this scam of a country called Nigeria forward?
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2011
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by coogar: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
Odunnu:

We have GEJ now, how do we collectively and individually help to move this scam of a country called Nigeria forward?

obasanjo is not past tense. . . . .
we are still seeing the ripple effect of his irresponsible behaviour.

jonathan cannot be any better. in actual fact, he's even worse than obasanjo and he's a figure head.
to move nigeria forward - let's start a revolution.
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by dayokanu(m): 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
Odunnu:

If Nigerians didnt install that animal called man aka OBJ as president we would never have a Retardeen Odechukwu GEJ as president in the first place.

Why would we see wrong and willingly embrace it.

Given the choice of OBJ and Yale trained economist Falae, Yet the SE, SS and North choose OBJ. and Now OBJ has given us further cursed fellows like the drunk fisherman who went to far away Australia to harras waitresses, I mean he couldnt attend the meetings because he was assaulting Australian women

What a shame
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Odunnu: 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
This is the very last time i'll warn you Mr Dayo. The next time you'll call or refer to my President, His Excellency, by those stvpid 'slangs' of yours, I wouldnt take it lightly with you.
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by coogar: 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
Odunnu:

This is the very last time i'll warn you Mr Dayo. The next time you'll call or refer to my President, His Excellency, by those stvpid 'slangs' of yours, I wouldnt take it lightly with you.

odunnu, jonathan na your boyfriend?
can you please tell the obdurate w@nker to stop wearing hats meant for cowboys? grin
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Odunnu: 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2011
Jonathan is my President and I bet you are referring to Walestar talking about the 'obdurate wa nker with cowboy hat'
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2011
Odunnu:

Just like OBJ was your president and he landed us with Retardeen Odechukwu Jonathan.

The reporters actually compared him to blink blink rappers who are always high on drugs, I suspect retardeen might be sniffing something thats why he permanently grin like a lobotomized ape

Aint you ashamed that the drunk Fisherman who became President went all the way to Australia to assault hotel waitress? How low can he sink
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by dayokanu(m): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2011
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2011
I read somewhere that Obasanjo is the biggest looter in African history
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Odunnu: 4:30am On Nov 02, 2011
dayokanu:

Odunnu abeg help translate this

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-490918.2400.html#msg9445391
no, I wont! Leave me alone. You keep insulting his excellency.
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by dayokanu(m): 4:55am On Nov 02, 2011
Odunnu:

no, I wont! Leave me alone. You keep insulting his excellency.

How come you never complained when I insulted OBJ for years? or he wasnt an excellency?

Do you want me to ignore the obvious that Odechukwu Retardeen is clueless?

Who else can tell us that Preayer is the solution to crime or that ppl shouldnt panic cos terror attacks happen all over the world
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 05, 2011
Obasanjo f.d up Nigeria
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by Nobody: 1:46am On Feb 10, 2012
He is a foolish genocidal looter.

What type of mumus are all, for letting such a man to still have his freedom?
Re: Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn by ektbear: 1:59am On Feb 10, 2012
Do you understand that the value of a currency is (mostly) independent of what OBJ does or doesn't do?

If you don't make stuff, the value of your currency falls.

If you make lots of stuff, it rises.

You can do some currency manipulation stuff like China is doing.

But there really isn't much say OBJ had one way or another about the value of the naira (modulo interest rate policy stuff, and various advanced economic policies that I don't know much about)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Takes Wide Lead In Anambra / Amaechi: I Am Afraid Of Wike, I Will Never Go Back To Rivers State / Chinese Man Holds Umbrella For Masari, Katsina Governor, In China.PICS

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.