Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke (35579 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo: "He Speaks To Remain Relevant" / Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari / Prophecy Was Made That I Will Be Vice President – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by metroparrot: 10:37am On Aug 11, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-X4oba69v-8I/Vcm2TFZO9oI/AAAAAAAGMaA/O5mGyUkRb68/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Former governor of Cross River state Donald Duke says former President Jonathan told him and former president Obasanjo he never wanted to be the Vice president of Nigeria when he was selected to be the running mate to late President Umaru Yar'Adua for the 2007 general election. Donald Duke said this in an interview with news magazine, The Interviewer

"You don’t give authority to an unwilling person, particularly in a country like Nigeria. Umaru never wanted to be president. He was dealing with his health issues and wanted to retire and go lecture in a university. He was really offered an appointment at the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria. Jonathan, on the other hand, had just been re-elected to be governor of Bayelsa and when he was picked, he was not so pleased. He said to Obasanjo and me, ‘I don’t want this job".
If these two men never aspired to the office but were recruited to take on a responsibility as daunting as the management of Nigeria without mentally preparing for the office and having a grand vision of where they wanted to take Nigeria to, then there is a problem. The mental preparation is absolutely important. The vision can be scripted for you, but if you are not prepared and you have no capable team to help you follow through, it is grossly unfair. It is like converting a passenger on an aircraft to a pilot.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/jonathan-told-me-obasanjo-he-never.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

97 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by lantessy(m): 10:37am On Aug 11, 2015
Alright

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Unsad(m): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2015
Now that old wizard wants him jailed for, Jonathan too is dumb , been a fuccing novice in presidential duties deserves a jail term

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by doublewisdom: 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
Then he(GEJ) came tried his best and bowed out honourably. Haters can only hate and try to down play his efforts towards a better Nigeria but his name is already written on marble.

214 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by veekid(m): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
confession time

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by koligs: 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
Duke, been a while I have heard from you. Ur accomplishment in cross-river is something Nigerians will never forget.

A million like for Donald Duke and a million share for Baba and forget about Jonathan

181 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by sigiyaya(m): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
I have a dream...
I have a dream...........
That one day OBJ died and Nigeria was better grin grin grin grin

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Chiaka(f): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
Donald Duke the Best Governor of his time. Where have you been. Always talking sense! grin grin grin grin

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by lonelydora: 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
Choi, I should have thought of that.....so some cabals asked him to carry a load as big as Nigeria he knew nothing about? They forced him all the way from Deputy Governor to President of Nigeria. Well, his acts showed that he was really confused. Thank God we now have someone who has been trying to change Nigeria for good and now have the opportunity. Sai baba.

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Georgekyrian(m): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
So wetin come happen?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 11, 2015
Please,

What part of the World is this Donald Duke hiding?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by sammyj: 10:51am On Aug 11, 2015
Reading !! Yaradua performed well before falling ill while GEJ at the other hand under performed and clueless which made Duke statement half truth!!! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by hakeem4(m): 10:51am On Aug 11, 2015
Loooool

GEJ the angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 11, 2015
I'm not suprised with OBJ pulling the strings from behind so that he can install his puppet. Obj will forever remain bitter because he ll loose relevance soon with PMB

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by bigerboy200: 10:52am On Aug 11, 2015
okay
Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 11, 2015
doublewisdom:
Then he(GEJ) came tried his best and bowed out honourably.
God bless Gej

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by maziyo(m): 10:52am On Aug 11, 2015
No wonder he'' Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan" failed. I wanted him to lead Nigeria again because of sentiment but i prefare President Buhari .thank God it never work cos God had a plan for Nigeria.A man with Vision and a mission (PMB).

We d igbos need a core igbo man to b appointed in ur government sir..our blood they hot das y we de wail since

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 11, 2015
Then he never knew they would be sitting on a gold mine

2 Likes

No wonder

1 Like

Obj always playing GOD

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by ijoomo260: 10:52am On Aug 11, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
God bless Gej
big amen in Jesus name

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by fragile96: 10:53am On Aug 11, 2015
doublewisdom:
Then he(GEJ) came tried his best and bowed out honourably.
he didn't bowed out honourably, we pushed him out, coz he was too slugish.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 11, 2015
Story for the,,,,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 11, 2015
From today onward I stop blaming GEJ for the atrocities he committed while in power. He was never interested. So why will the "ebora of owu" chief olusegun obasanjo impose a man who was never interested in governing Nigeria on Nigerians? Obasanjo is really to be blamed for turning a passenger into a pilot. When d plane (Nigeria) crashes like it has already, I won't blame the passenger cum pilot, but the useless man who put a passenger on the pilot sit and risk the life of all other passengers. And here lies a PMB who for the past 12years have been trying Genuinely to correct the wrongs of Nigeria. Now he is 72...really there is little he can achieve now at this age...shame on u obj

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by hensben(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2015
Obj is the problem of Nigeria.... He forced this two men on Nigerians.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by Frankiss44(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2015
Obasanjo has really destroyed this country ..... just the way he destroyed his own family sad sad sad

27 Likes

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by oakson: 10:53am On Aug 11, 2015
metroparrot:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-X4oba69v-8I/Vcm2TFZO9oI/AAAAAAAGMaA/O5mGyUkRb68/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Former governor of Cross River state Donald Duke says former President Jonathan told him and former president Obasanjo he never wanted to be the Vice president of Nigeria when he was selected to be the running mate to late President Umaru Yar'Adua for the 2007 general election. Donald Duke said this in an interview with news magazine, The Interviewer

"You don’t give authority to an unwilling person, particularly in a country like Nigeria. Umaru never wanted to be president. He was dealing with his health issues and wanted to retire and go lecture in a university. He was really offered an appointment at the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria. Jonathan, on the other hand, had just been re-elected to be governor of Bayelsa and when he was picked, he was not so pleased. He said to Obasanjo and me, ‘I don’t want this job".
If these two men never aspired to the office but were recruited to take on a responsibility as daunting as the management of Nigeria without mentally preparing for the office and having a grand vision of where they wanted to take Nigeria to, then there is a problem. The mental preparation is absolutely important. The vision can be scripted for you, but if you are not prepared and you have no capable team to help you follow through, it is grossly unfair. It is like converting a passenger on an aircraft to a pilot.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/jonathan-told-me-obasanjo-he-never.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke by emydot(m): 10:54am On Aug 11, 2015
Well said

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP / Kaduna Speaker, Zailan Cries At The Burial Of Rilwanu Aminu Killed By Bandits / 4 PDP Governors, BoT Members To Atiku: We Will Dump Your Campaign If Ayu Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.