Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,743 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:25 PM

Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity (976 Views)

Abia 2023: We Either Go Forward Or Continue In Darkness — Abaribe / No Light For A Month Yet PHEDC Brings Bill Of Zero Naira (Photo) / See What Will Happen When Nigeria Cant Pay China Ever Growing Debt(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by cooltola(m): 12:20am On Nov 30, 2023
Once this issue is fix, then Nigeria can move forward. I still wonder why those in power are not trying to fix this problem instead they are doing elephant project like building school and so forth.
Till then , expect things to worsen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Rossikk(m): 12:23am On Nov 30, 2023
cooltola:
Once this issue is fix, then Nigeria can move forward. I still wonder why those in power are not trying to fix this problem instead they are doing elephant project like building school and so forth.

They are working on it.

Trust me, this Tinubu govt will deal with the power issue.

Watch and see.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by bid4rich(m): 12:33am On Nov 30, 2023
Rossikk:

They are working on it.

Watch and see.

Just like they said Buhari would do abi?

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Catapault: 12:41am On Nov 30, 2023
bid4rich:

Just like they said Buhari would do abi?

Come on, man.

Even you yourself, deep down you know that Tinubu ls not like Buhari.

Tinubu is not used to giving excuses for non-performance.

He is not about to start now in his old age.

He is a doer.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by PoliteActivist: 12:57am On Nov 30, 2023
Catapault:

Come on, man.

He is a doer.

Oookaay, can u enumerate for us some things he has DONE (not SAID he'd do o) and their resultant positive impact for the masses
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by ednut1(m): 1:06am On Nov 30, 2023
cooltola:
the companies in Japan, China and uk making most of our generators our elite/ politicians have shares in them or get settled . Atiku is rumoured to own Mikano.

Also with constant electricity diesel and petrol consumption will reduce. Guess who are in charge of importing and logistics of those products. Politicians and elite.
Why should the government fix the issue if they are benefiting from it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Urheadmaster(m): 1:25am On Nov 30, 2023
You'll wait till thy kingdom comes tongue

The Issues of poor electricity or no electricity at all in Nigeria is more like a generational inheritance tongue
Rossikk:

They are working on it.

Watch and see.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Ulunne777(f): 3:43am On Nov 30, 2023
It's going to 1 mth I never see light.
The comm.minister says we are jumping to the 4th revolution already.
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Rossikk(m): 3:50am On Nov 30, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Oookaay, can u enumerate for us some things he has DONE (not SAID he'd do o) and their resultant positive impact for the masses

''1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid. It is the first of it’s Kind. Tinubu electrification project covered over 100 communities. In his first term, 53 rural communities were targeted. The projects were completed in Egan, Atewolere, Ifesowapo, Aboru, Agbado Ayetoro, Akorede, Isheri Ikosi, Orile Aguntan, Rofo, Borokini, Omologbede, Araromi, Oke Agbo, Erekusu, Logberu, Okegelu and Ebute, Lekki. Others were Origanringan, Onigbolakowe, Oke odo Elemoro, Ipaja Isale odo, Agenuba, Ajelogo, Mutaku, Egansando, Ayanfe, topo and Ikola Agbenaje.

2. Decentralization: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganization of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022.

4. Health: Decentralization of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency. In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then. The First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-the-power-of-lagos-blueprint/amp/

6. Investment: Lekki Free Trade Zone opened Lagos to investors and now several top companies/bodies have their headquarters there including the biggest consulate office of the USA. Lekki infrastructure company, Eko Atlantic.

7. Housing: Decentralization of the ministry of works and housing gave birth to the conversion of the housing department to a full fledge ministry which was charged with providing 500 units of houses yearly. This single move led to making the Lekki corridor the fastest growing real estate investment haven in Nigeria. Housing sector was opened to the private investors and Lagos became the highest destination for real estate investors in Nigeria.

8. EDUCATION: Payment of WAEC fee for students from all walks of life so far you live in Lagos. Several schools were built. The One-Day governor program started with the spelling bee competition.
First of its kind

9. SECURITY: The closest thing to state policing started in Nigeria under Tinubu, with RRS in 1999. The prisons reformation in order to curb activities of criminals, led to conversion of Ita Oko Prisoners Camp to a Youth Skill Acquisition Centre. Infact RRS is now the most performing police force in Nigeria. To make things work, he created the Lagos security trust fund where private sector come together to invest in Lagos security in conjunction with the government.''

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by PoliteActivist: 4:11am On Nov 30, 2023
Rossikk:

''1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the

Funny guy, trying to be too clever by half
Here's the question again:
Can u enumerate for us some things he has DONE since he became president (not SAID he'd do o) and their resultant positive impact for the masses

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by IVORY2009(m): 4:18am On Nov 30, 2023
Catapault:

Come on, man.

He is a doer.

But he has already started giving excuses. grin
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Karleb(m): 5:34am On Nov 30, 2023
Who said Nigeria wants to go forward?
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by MEEVEET: 6:15am On Nov 30, 2023
cooltola:
Why do most Nigerians have this mindsets honestly and it's wrong

Constant electricity is absolutely not needed for development... Instead it's a luxury that comes with development

If Nigerians can afford 24 hours electricity then we would have it 90% of Nigerians who can afford 24 hours electricity already have electricity

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by MEEVEET: 6:17am On Nov 30, 2023
cooltola:
Name one thing lack of electricity is stopping Nigerians from doing that would make us move forward

I dare you name it
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by fkelly(m): 6:26am On Nov 30, 2023
Did u leave ur brain somewhere?

MEEVEET:

Constant electricity is absolutely not needed for development... Instead it's a luxury that comes with development

If Nigerians can afford 24 hours electricity then we would have it 90% of Nigerians who can afford 24 hours electricity already have electricity
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by online4business: 6:30am On Nov 30, 2023
If you've means leave the shit hole.

Light aka power is not rocket science according to fashola but yet baba no fit fix am.

Get out now why you can.

Tinubulation 2.0 is on the way.

Fixing crude price at $77 per barrel and pegging $/750 for 2024.

Barell at $77 na wetin, everyday na winter, the guy no know say na winter make the price go up ni?

How can, na miracle tinubu na black Jesus

It's clear to the blind it's foundation build on sand.

Yet they are still on a borrowing spree to fund white elephant project.

Even Chatgbt bot like freestuffng and helius think say them see something wonderful.

Fix power then we can Hope not hoping on praying or prayers.
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by MEEVEET: 6:35am On Nov 30, 2023
fkelly:
Did u leave ur brain somewhere?

No be leave brain somewhere... Nigerians have been saying this rubbish for years

Constant electricity is a luxury

I would give you 100k if you can tell me what Nigerians can do if we have 24 hours electricity that we cant do now

I dare you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by ariy(m): 7:01am On Nov 30, 2023
Nigerian problem is corruption. Govt have spent billions of dollars on electricity since 1999 yet nothing to show for it.
Tackle corruption first and electricity problem will be fix
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by jmoore(m): 7:14am On Nov 30, 2023
MEEVEET:

No be leave brain somewhere... Nigerians have been saying this rubbish for years

Constant electricity is a luxury

I would give you 100k if you can tell me what Nigerians can do if we have 24 hours electricity that we cant do now

I dare you
Na you dey rant rubbish!

Common sense should tell you that the generators Nigerians are using is because of lack of adequate power supply.

Secondly, cost of business/production has a negative impact on a business, especially when one spends huge resources to get fuel for the generators.
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Tallesty1(m): 7:24am On Nov 30, 2023
Catapault:

Come on, man.

He is a doer.

Buhari is better
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by MEEVEET: 7:24am On Nov 30, 2023
jmoore:

Na you dey rant rubbish!

Common sense should tell you that the generators Nigerians are using is because of lack of adequate power supply.

Secondly, cost of business/production has a negative impact on a business, especially when one spends huge resources to get fuel for the generators.
Firstly it's cheaper to run gen than use Nepa

Secondly power can't make up 10% of cost of production for any business it's impossible

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by jmoore(m): 7:28am On Nov 30, 2023
MEEVEET:

Secondly power can't make up 10% of cost of production for any business it's impossible
Dude, go and get educated on power.

It is ignorant to say gen is cheaper than NEPA.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Ulunne777(f): 7:31am On Nov 30, 2023
MEEVEET:

Something is terribly wrong with you I swear.
I paid 88000 for a prepaid meter that isn't able to exhaust 3k in a month and you say I deserve it.
It is today that I just clearly understood how the country has conditioned some of you to become evil an cruel.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by MEEVEET: 7:33am On Nov 30, 2023
jmoore:

Dude, go and get educated on power.

It is ignorant to say gen is cheaper than NEPA.
Lmao do you want to bet... I own a factory have never used Nepa and would never use Nepa

You have never done calculation nah you just want to believe what you want to he truth lmao

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by MEEVEET: 7:36am On Nov 30, 2023
Ulunne777:

Something is terribly wrong with you I swear.
I paid 88000 for a prepaid meter that isn't able to exhaust 3k in a month and you say I deserve it.
It is today that I just clearly understood how the country has conditioned some of you to become evil an cruel.
Lmao that's impossible madam

What and what do you have in your house
Nigeria distribution companies charge 105naira ee kWh... So you used less than 30kwh a month

Lmao
Who do you think you are talking too

Either you tampared with the meter or you are lying
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by IamAtikulate: 7:36am On Nov 30, 2023
Catapault:

Come on, man.

He is a doer.

He is worst
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Ikinternational: 7:40am On Nov 30, 2023
MEEVEET:

Wow
Absolutely wasted diploma
It's almost like you never stepped inside school sef
Very smart dumb person
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Ikinternational: 7:44am On Nov 30, 2023
MEEVEET:

Next time make it short n sweet:

GOOD THINGS ARE FOR SOCIETY'S ELITE
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Ogene001: 7:50am On Nov 30, 2023
cooltola:
EEDC is doing well in SE
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by drmikeadams(m): 7:51am On Nov 30, 2023
Catapault:

Come on, man.

He is a doer.

continue
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by drmikeadams(m): 7:52am On Nov 30, 2023
Ikinternational:

Wow
Absolutely wasted diploma
It's almost like you never stepped inside school sef
Very smart dumb person

U meant to say he is foolishly dumb grin
Re: Nigeria Cant Go Forward With No Light Or Poor Electricity by Mindlog: 7:53am On Nov 30, 2023
MEEVEET:

Name one thing lack of electricity is stopping Nigerians from doing that would make us move forward

I dare you name it

Post harvest preservation.

For example, thousands of tonnes of fruits and veggies like mangoes, avocadoes, pears, bananas, cabbage, pepper, lettuce etc that go to waste daily with over all market value running into billions of naira that could have been preserved in lower temperature using 24hrs electricity, I guess that is in no way affecting Nigeria's food security.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Commissioner: Tinubu Demanded Ondo Deputy Governor Sign Resignation Letter / Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. / Reno Omokri: US Fined Binance 4.3 Billion Dollars Over FOREX Manipulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.