Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,483 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri (3609 Views)

Policeman In A Moving Patrol Vehicle Knocks Head Against Highwaybarrier, Dies / Police Patrol Vehicle Runs Out Of Fuel... As Suspected Robber Escapes With Jeep / Boko Haram Attacks Military Patrol Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by Orikinla(m): 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2011
Nigeria bomb attack targets military patrol

MAIDUGURI, Nigeria — A bomb blast rocked the troubled northeastern Nigerian city of Maiduguri on Sunday in an attack on a military patrol vehicle, the army and residents said.

Although residents reported seeing an ambulance speeding away from the area, the army said there had been no casualties.

The city has previously been targeted by scores of bombings blamed on an Islamist sect known as Boko Haram.

"There was a bomb attack targeting a military patrol vehicle, but there were no casualties," said Colonel Victor Ebhaleme, commander of operations for a task force assigned to the city.

Residents described a large explosion, and one said he saw an ambulance driving at speed away from the area.

"There was a loud explosion," said resident Hammadi Yakubu. "The explosion was the loudest I've heard so far in the city."

He said "nobody knows the extent of the damage because the area has been cordoned off by soldiers."

Another resident gave a similar account, speaking of a heavy explosion and smoke billowing.

"The sound was really terrifying," said Ahmad Gana.

Another resident, Bunu Zarabe, said he saw a siren-blaring ambulance speeding out of the area with a military van behind it.

Residents in the neighbourhood known as Bulabulin Ngarnam were later said to be fleeing out of fears of a military raid in response to the blasts.

Soldiers have in the past been accused of rampaging though neighbourhoods after such explosions, killing residents, burning homes and claiming locals cooperated with the sect.

Maiduguri has been hit by scores of attacks blamed on Boko Haram, which also claimed responsibility for the August suicide bombing of UN headquarters in Abuja that killed at least 24 people.

Earlier this month, the military in Borno state, where Maiduguri is the capital, set a deadline of October 31 for residents to turn in illegal weapons and explosives.

At the time, the military claimed criminals were "hiding under the pretence of Boko Haram to commit crime in the state."

"Those who refuse to surrender their arms would face consequences after the expiration of the deadline," the statement had said.

Thousands of residents have already fled Maiduguri out of fears of further violence. The city, located in Nigeria's far northeast near the border with Chad, Cameroon and Niger, has seen the brunt of the violence blamed on the sect.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gGa_XWUntZqtYDurPzgZoaAGarsQ?docId=CNG.da3f6e58764d826ac0b9ee28d0e73a75.9a1
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by asha80(m): 12:34am On Oct 31, 2011
it is becoming normal
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 31, 2011
Its really heart breaking, that my secondary school chemistry lab is more equipped than my present uni chemistry lab. The country is a mess.
I wish BK can be more specific with there target, like start taking out the bas tard(governers, ministers, ex-governers too, etc). Infact, just kill them all the politician. Everything is just ugly, no electricity, no portable water, nafdac is even worse granting all this pure water license and yet no control.
In my next world, I pray I don't land in any country that start with letter N
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 31, 2011
I think Northern Nigeria is getting worse than Iraq.
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by OlaBamitu: 1:44am On Oct 31, 2011

very true
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by freepeople: 2:04am On Oct 31, 2011
all4naija:

IMO, Northern Nigeria is descending into Somalia-style anarchic state. Iraq is governable, while Somalia is not
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:08am On Oct 31, 2011
^^^^
You need to reread my comment pal.
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by cchampme(m): 2:47am On Oct 31, 2011
may God help us all in this matter of boms here and there,
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by member479760: 3:44am On Oct 31, 2011
In Africa, Military is needed during peace, send all go home and use the budget for development.
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:53am On Oct 31, 2011
Core North =  Evil angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by micawber(m): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2011
nakedall:

In Africa, Military is needed during peace, send all go home and use the budget for development.

[size=16pt]True[/size] talk, only if the govt will use the budget for development, it always loothing.
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by ak47mann(m): 10:53am On Oct 31, 2011
well is the Cultural and Ethnic Fundamentalism: cool cool
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by baslone: 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2011
Normally, the news would have read- "A bomb blast rocked A CHURCH in the troubled
northeastern Nigerian city of Maiduguri on Sunday in an attack on a military patrol vehicle, residents said".

Boko's are now going after media men for mis-representation and the headlines are starting to change!
Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by badmrkt(m): 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2011
na news be dis?

Re: Bomb Attack Targets Military Patrol Vehicle In Maiduguri by ssjalo(m): 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
there is time for every thing,god will never leave them unpunished.

(1) (Reply)

Ait News:organised Labour In Edo And Kaduna Has Called Of Demonstrations / Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP / Asari Dokunbo Fires Back At Babangida: I’ll Declare War At The Right Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.