Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP (3614 Views)

Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Receives Royal Welcome In Minna (see Photos) / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) / 2015: Jimi Agbaje Receives Over 3,000 APC Defectors Into Lagos PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 22, 2014
Jimi Agbaje, the governorship candidate of the Democratic People’s Alliance (DPA) in the 2007 election, paid a formal visit to the state secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) where the Chairman, Chief Tunji Shelle and other executive members of the party received him amidst fanfare.

There have been strong speculations in recent times that Agbaje might clinch the party’s ticket for the 2015 election having been endorsed by the party’s bigwigs in the state.

His visit, however, has not gone down well with some party members, who alleged that, the former deputy national chairman, South West, Chief Olabode George is again allegedly planning to impose a candidate on then like what happened during the 2011 election, when he allegedly imposed Ade Dosunmu, which cost the party its best chance to grab power in Lagos.

According to reports:

During his meeting, which held behind closed doors, Agbaje allegedly told the PDP leadership that the PDP remains the most viable platform to wrest power from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

While the leadership of the party may be set to promote a consensus candidate to actualize its agenda for the state, the source said the decision to use Agbaje was unanimous and collective in origin.”

Part of the agenda set in the meeting was to reduce numbers of parties that would contest the election to the ruling APC and the rival PDP. “It is not yet known whether other parties may be persuaded to adopt the governorship candidate of the PDP for the 2015 election,” said the source.

Agbaje was said to have deliberately decided to delay making his ambition public pending the time strong and concrete arrangements have been made.

Shelle on his part was said to have advised Agbaje on the need to wait for the appropriate time even, as he congratulated him for coming over when the party is positioned well to win.

He added that the greatest assets the PDP has now to oust the ruling APC in 2015 are the disenchantment of the people of Lagos with the anti-masses policies of the government, started by former governor of the APC, Bola Tinubu, which was worsened by his successor Babatunde Fashola, saying: “Our primary concern is to win the 2015 governorship election in Lagos.”

Meanwhile, those who are opposed to the arrangement claimed that the purported crowd that received the visitor yesterday were rented crowd to falsely create the impression that Agbaje was joining the PDP with a mammoth crowd of supporters.
http://www.thescoopng.com/jimi-agbaje-receives-warm-welcome-pdp-secretariat-party-members-already-grumbling/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=jimi-agbaje-receives-warm-welcome-pdp-secretariat-party-members-already-grumbling

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by LordVarys: 9:25am On Jul 22, 2014
Agbaje is the default PDP candidate, he had already been endorsed when GEJ met him last year at the State House Marina, Obanikoro was nominated a minister as compensation.

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by LordVarys: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by AiyedeRotimi(m): 9:44am On Jul 22, 2014
Jimi Agbaje,the respected game changer.SouthWest Alliance Network(SWAN)says wellcome to the PDP.aluta continua.

10 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 22, 2014
LordVarys: Agbaje is the default PDP candidate, he had already been endorsed when GEJ met him last year at the State House Marina, Obanikoro was nominated a minister as compensation.
You definitely don't know Lagos Politics. These TWO men, Bola Tinubu and Chief Olabode George are the STRONG men of Lagos Politics in APC and PDP respectively. In 2007, Against George's will, PDP National Leadership led by Obj and Aninih gave Koro the Guber ticket. George said and I quote, "Obanikoro cannot beat Tinubu". On election day, PDP Agents did not mobilise like they did in 2003 for Funso Williams and after the result was announced, Koro lost. He slumped and was rushed to the Hospital. His team blamed Bode George for not releasing the #3b given him for the election.

Jimi Agbaje is in for a LOOONG Thing. Without George's support, His CHANCES of losing the Primaries is 60%. Just like in 2011, When PDP National Preferred Pedro, Bode Preferred Dosunmu... At the End, Dosunmu won. Obanikoro did not campaign for Dowunmu during the election. He stayed put in Ghana.

The Problem with Lagos PDP has always been INternal with George at the Center.

btw: Dosunmu is also in the race-He's George's "Loyal Son"

11 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by akinvest(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2014
Welcome development for Pdp. in Lagos State. Pee Dee Pee! Power 2 d People!

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by hazyfm: 10:07am On Jul 22, 2014
mtcheeew
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by lekkie073(m): 10:46am On Jul 22, 2014
DOSSMAN2015......dosunmu shamsideen mandate
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 22, 2014
lekkie073: DOSSMAN2015......dosunmu shamsideen mandate
you are Pro-Bode George?
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by lekkie073(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2014
barcanista: you are Pro-Bode George?
Whatever .....

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 22, 2014
lekkie073:
Whatever .....
Not condemning you. Just asking. I know that George is the STRONGMAN of PDP in Gidi
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by dozzzybaba: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2014
barcanista: Not condemning you. Just asking. I know that George is the STRONGMAN of PDP in Gidi
Dosunmu has a strong PDP support base around the Surulere axis. I saw a lot of his posters and banners in that area when i was in Lagos few weeks ago
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by ejakpovi2: 11:09am On Jul 22, 2014
welcome to olumba olumba party (pdp)

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by aljharem(m): 11:13am On Jul 22, 2014
Jimi cannot win for PDP he should be deputy

Dosumu is the man to win. Fact

Presenting Jimi will make PDP lose.

Dos-man mandate it is. The man is very intellegent and civilised

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 22, 2014
dozzzybaba: Dosunmu has a strong PDP support base around the Surulere axis. I saw a lot of his posters and banners in that area when i was in Lagos few weeks ago
Dosunmu poster is littered around Lagos State because he has SOLID BACKUP. Bros only those that doesn't know Lagos PDP Politics will underrate the Political Machinery of Chief Olabode George. He was the one whose platform Engr Funso Williams used against Tinubu in 2003 that almost caused a Political Tsunami IF not that Tinubu himself is a Strongman.

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 22, 2014
aljharem: Jimi cannot win for PDP he should be deputy

Dosumu is the man to win. Fact

Presenting Jimi will make PDP lose.

Dos-man mandate it is. The man is very intellegent and civilised
Dosman will win PDP Primaries. But i can assure you that Agbaje will NOT accept anything less than Governor. He's like Funso Williams-That rejected Ministerial Offer..

As For Dosman winning Lagos, Bros APC will FLOOR him except Bode George Resigns his PDP membership or pretend to resign cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by PapaBrowne(m): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2014
I think Bode is in Total support of Agbaje.
PDP south west has a grand plan and the executors are Bode George, Kassumu and Obanikoro.
The plan is simple.
1.Field the candidate that is most popular amongst the masses.
2.Avoid in-fight by compensating those that would feel short changed by the emergence of a candidate.
3.Key into the masses apathy towards APC oppressive anti-people policies.
4. Spend the money. As much as is neccesary.

The strategy is working. Ondo is gone. Ekiti is gone. Osun is going. And Lagos and Oyo would fall. Only Ogun might stand and thats because Amosun is not typically APC so he would probably find a way to negotiate.

14 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by Noctec: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
Jimmy Jimmy.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by Biodup: 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
Pdp pls give jaykay d ticket. Lagosians want u, lagosians need u. Agbaje d man of d people. Dis man victory in lagos will send tinubu to his grave.

5 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by aljharem(m): 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
barcanista: Dosman will win PDP Primaries. But i can assure you that Agbaje will NOT accept anything less than Governor. He's like Funso Williams-That rejected Ministerial Offer..
As For Dosman winning Lagos, Bros APC will FLOOR him except Bode George Resigns his PDP membership or pretend to resign cheesy cheesy

Bros Bode George is NOT relevant in Lagos and SW as a whole. He should not even try to be the Tinubu of PDP. Dosumu is loved by the people fact!
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by aljharem(m): 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
PapaBrowne: I think Bode is in Total support of Agbaje.
PDP south west has a grand plan and the executors are Bode George, Kassumu and Obanikoro.
The plan is simple.
1.Field the candidate that is most popular amongst the masses.
2.Avoid in-fight by compensating those that would feel short changed by the emergence of a candidate.
3.Key into the masses apathy towards APC oppressive anti-people policies.
4. Spend the money. As much as is neccesary.
The strategy is working. Ondo is gone. Ekiti is gone. Osun is going. And Lagos and Oyo would fall. Only Ogun might stand and thats because Amosun is not typically APC so he would probably find a way to negotiate.

Jimi cannot win Lagos off Tinubu. Infact koro has better chances than jimi.

Dosumu is a better candidate. Jimi is Tinubu's boy

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by lekkie073(m): 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
dozzzybaba: Dosunmu has a strong PDP support base around the Surulere axis. I saw a lot of his posters and banners in that area when i was in Lagos few weeks ago
yes. Dosunmu grew up in my street in Surulere......and in politics whether u like it or not, u vote for who u feel u like

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by thunderrider: 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
Jimi stands a better chance than Dosunmu

I just hope the internal rancour in the is settled first

cos that is what has kept the state in the hands of APC

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by obayaya(m): 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
barcanista: You definitely don't know Lagos Politics. These TWO men, Bola Tinubu and Chief Olabode George are the STRONG men of Lagos Politics in APC and PDP respectively. In 2007, Against George's will, PDP National Leadership led by Obj and Aninih gave Koro the Guber ticket. George said and I quote, "Obanikoro cannot beat Tinubu". On election day, PDP Agents did not mobilise like they did in 2003 for Funso Williams and after the result was announced, Koro lost. He slumped and was rushed to the Hospital. His team blamed Bode George for not releasing the #3b given him for the election.

Jimi Agbaje is in for a LOOONG Thing. Without George's support, His CHANCES of losing the Primaries is 60%. Just like in 2011, When PDP National Preferred Pedro, Bode Preferred Dosunmu... At the End, Dosunmu won. Obanikoro did not campaign for Dowunmu during the election. He stayed put in Ghana.

The Problem with Lagos PDP has always been INternal with George at the Center.

btw: Dosunmu is also in the race-He's George's "Loyal Son"

And you think GEJ hasn't secured Bode's loyalty?

Examine the events of the last few months critically and you might be able to connect the dots.

But then, this is politics. Nothing is certain

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by aljharem(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
thunderrider: Jimi stands a better chance than Dosunmu
I just hope the internal rancour in the is settled first
cos that is what has kept the state in the hands of APC

In what why does Jimi stand a better chance than Dosumu. Please explain
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by dozzzybaba: 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
lekkie073: yes. Dosunmu grew up in my street in Surulere......and in politics whether u like it or not, u vote for who u feel u like
I have a relative who was his classmate at Yaba model primary school. Where in Surulere do you reside?
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by lekkie073(m): 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
dozzzybaba: I have a relative who was his classmate at Yaba model secondary school. Where in Surulere do you reside?
yaba model primary school....not secondary. As I type so, am right in the school #skunktinz
I stay in Nathan street, the same street d school is located. Seems u know Ade Dosumu wella?
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by dozzzybaba: 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
lekkie073: yaba model primary school....not secondary. As I type so, am right in the school #skunktinz
I stay in Nathan street, the same street d school is located. Seems u know Ade Dosumu wella?
cheesycheesy I have relatives and friends residing in that Area. Jacob street, Elizabeth street, Atan street, Martins street etc (I dont stay in Lagos)
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by lekkie073(m): 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
dozzzybaba: cheesycheesy I have relatives and friends residing in that Area. Jacob street, Elizabeth street, Atan street, Martins street etc (I dont stay in Lagos)
Guy, I suspect u grew up in DAT area but later on moved. The way name the streets......big ups bro. Am born and bred within DAT locality u just mentioned. And FYI, I am the youth coordinator of PDP ward f1 Surulere. Dosunmu was not given any ministerial appointment because he could not win his ward (f1) where he registered and voted. Then, I was a staunch acn member. He underated me personally. Dats why he lost DAT ward. Bit things have changed and am now in PDP ready to use my influence to get the youths of DAT ward to vote him in. Whether he wins the totality of Lagos state I don't care....

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by aljharem(m): 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
lekkie073:
Guy, I suspect u grew up in DAT area but later on moved. The way name the streets......big ups bro. Am born and bred within DAT locality u just mentioned. And FYI, I am the youth coordinator of PDP ward f1 Surulere. Dosunmu was not given any ministerial appointment because he could not win his ward (f1) where he registered and voted. Then, I was a staunch acn member. He underated me personally. Dats why he lost DAT ward. Bit things have changed and am now in PDP ready to use my influence to get the youths of DAT ward to vote him in. Whether he wins the totality of Lagos state I don't care....

So you know egbon kaka ?

wow you are closer to me than you realise grin grin grin
Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by lekkie073(m): 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
aljharem:

So you know egbon kaka ?

wow you are closer to me than you realise grin grin grin
Who knows...... cool

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Receives Warm Welcome In Lagos PDP by gbeseun(m): 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
Continue deceiving ourselves,u are all looking for what gej will send to u guys from abuja to fight lagos,but u av forgotten that obj is more carried that all of u,he failed so Ur clueless leader will fail in his quest of taking over lagos,lagos is no go area to all PDP,we are omoluwabi,we are gentlemen here

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Igbo Curse That Killed Yar'adua And Will Kill Buhari. / Ekiti APC Rejects The Ministry Of Solid Minerals / Confusion In Aso-rock As Buhari Shock APC Chieftains Over 2019 [PHOOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.