Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities (7263 Views)

Peter Obi Demands 7.5 Billion From Obiano For Making Him Governor Of Anambra(vi / Festus Keyamo: Obi Demands 1 Million Naira Plus As Gate Fee To Address Nigerians / VP Slot: Disquiet As Peter Obi Demands Single Term,200 Billion From Datti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by DamnnNiggarr: 11:43am On Dec 03, 2023
Obi demands inclusion for Nigerians living with disabilities

Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi has called for better support for fellow citizens living with disabilities as Nigeria joins the world to mark the International Day of Persons with Disabilities.

In a statement on Sunday via his X account, Obi said, “I join in demanding a better nation for them as fellow compatriots, living with disabilities not by their making. Living with a disability should not be a death sentence or society stigmatisation, but should be a platform that calls up the humanity in us as their brothers and sisters.”

Obi decried that “in our clime where good governance is hard to come by leading to needless hardship, those living with disabilities in our midst feel the pinch more as life becomes more difficult for them.”

Referencing WHO statistics indicating over 35 million Nigerians live with disabilities, Obi affirmed, “Such a significant number of people must be cared for by the government so that they can live their lives in full, and contribute positively to the development of the nation.”

He called on the government to “ensure that they have access to healthcare and education, which are not only critical for national development, but will ensure that they thrive and fully explore their potentials.”

The former Anambra governor also rallied citizens to “break all barriers of discrimination against those living with disabilities. We are all differently gifted.”

Obi reminded that legislation mandates that public agencies reserve at least 5 per cent of jobs for such persons. “This will ensure that they are adequately represented in both governance and the public sector,” he explained.

He declared, “Every Nigerian has the potential to contribute to nation-building and we will leave nobody behind in our journey to New Nigeria.”

https://punchng.com/obi-demands-inclusion-for-nigerians-living-with-disabilities/

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by DamnnNiggarr: 11:43am On Dec 03, 2023
shocked

The man I and my family voted for

100 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by crossfm: 11:48am On Dec 03, 2023
Good .

Watch as wailers invade this thread,in 1 2 3 seconds grin cheesy. Obi is really giving them sleepless nights.

I have never seen in Nigeria where a man will lose election,yet people still focus more on him than the winner. No be juju be that.

Back to the matter, people living with disability is Nigeria are seriously on their own. The government don't put them in any of their plans from federal to local government.

One will think that in building roads atlist people with disability will be considered,but no

Even banks don't put people with disability in mind while constructing banks.

Nigeria is a funny country.

75 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Cruise777: 11:56am On Dec 03, 2023
cool

To stay relevant for the next Four years na serious wahala

Na everything you go use chase clout

Disable oo, Climate change oo

As Church Services no work

Arise TV no work

Joe Biden ignored all irrelevant talks with Trump and still won

Tinubu never attended a single debate, he won

51 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by CoronaVirusPro: 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2023
Cruise777:
cool

You said all!

Dude is so desperate for attention!

Peter should surround himself with sincere and truthful people!

It will be easier for Arsenal FC to win the UEFA Champions League than for him to become president!

Somethings are just impossible on Earth!

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Cruise777: 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

You said all!

It will be easier for Arsenal FC to win the UEFA Champions League than for him to become president!

Politics is like an addictive game similar to sport betting or gambling

After spending a lot from his offshore account in 2019 with Atiku losing to Buhari, he is hooked to continue trying and trying maybe he can get lucky till he exhaust his last dime

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by FuckingMachine: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2023
Imagine Peter Obi fighting for Buhari.
Good man.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by lamdbull: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2023
Were they not included before

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Kingrshd3: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2023
I guess OBI and his IPOB followers are suffering from disabilities from their lineage 😢😭

Tinubu should trunk deaf ears to them Biko 😛

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Frankaka8(m): 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2023
Cruise777:
cool

Maluuu don drop am

13 Likes

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Randal: 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2023
Good. But it's not living with, it's simply person's with disabilities.
Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2023
crossfm:
Good .

Watch as wailers invade this thread,in 1 2 3 seconds grin cheesy.

I have never seen in Nigeria where a man will lose election,yet people still focus more on him than the winner. No be juju be that.

Back to the matter, people living with disability is Nigeria are seriously on their own. The government don't put them in any of their plans from federal to local government.

One will think that in building roads atlist people with disability will be considered,but no

Even banks don't put people with disability in mind while constructing banks.

Nigeria is a funny country.

You’re so preoccupied with thoughts of your so called detractors 🤦‍♂️

Rather than constructively engage on the suggestion put forward by Obi you’re here disgracing yourself

Guess who’s the wailer?

###

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Cruise777: 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2023
Frankaka8:

Maluuu don drop am

One thing I like about Obi is that he raised decent kids, you can never see Osileko and Gabrielle behaving like mannerless kids on stranger online comment

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Frankaka8(m): 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

You said all!

Maluuuu don drop content. We don hear.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Kingosytex(m): 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2023
Cruise777:

Politics is like an addictive game similar to sport betting or gambling

After spending a lot from his offshore account in 2019 with Atiku losing to Buhari, he is hooked to continue trying and trying maybe he can get lucky till he exhaust his last dime

They can't exhaust their last dime because they've got businesses booming and raking in money.
Moreover, you don't just quit because it's not a trait of winners.
Buhari tried and tried until he succeeded.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Think9ja(m): 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2023
Eyin blogger blogger

1 Like

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by newnigerdelta00: 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:

https://punchng.com/obi-demands-inclusion-for-nigerians-living-with-disabilities/

Fake Man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by EtinosaDLaw(m): 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2023
My President

4 Likes

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by free2ryhme: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:

This country sef
Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by free2ryhme: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:

Tired
Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by sammsimm(m): 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2023
Obi-dense just wants to remain relevant by all means… how many disabled people were in his cabinet when he was the Governor of Anambra state? Anyways, either able or disable Nigeria belongs to all of us except those(flatigooos) who believe that they are in Zoo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Paraman: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2023
Shey he include them while he was the governor of Anambra state sha?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Sleekfingers: 12:41pm On Dec 03, 2023
Bitters Obi made a valid point though. .

Especially senior citizens, children and people living with disabilities

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Lanre1st(m): 12:41pm On Dec 03, 2023
lamdbull:
Were they not included before

Obi just want to appear on newspaper front page.

Just be saying something, relevant or not, so people will still remember him before next election

2 Likes

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:41pm On Dec 03, 2023
The man whose words are more meaningful than Bulaba ebola

1 Like

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by CpDroitz(m): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

and?

2 Likes

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Vulcan24(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2023
This man goan rest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Higherthan: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2023
Bush man , go and sit one place.

The way you included them when you were in government? Too petty for my liking.

Just decieving his followers, those ones too will come and be saying obi is a good man.

Like obi like his followers, too numuish

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by leketon: 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

My family & I didn't vote for him...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities by Padipadi(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Slawomir, he's also a lier!
But wetin he talk about disabilities true. They need to be included

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Appoints New Advisers Headed By Gen Danjuma / Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks / Governor Of Rivers State Wike Finally Destroy Ait Building In Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.