Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,519 members, 7,850,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:59 AM

Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen (19496 Views)

He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo / Truck Runs Into Edo Gubernatorial Aspirant, Barr. Asue Ighodalo’s Car / Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by VEHINTOLAR: 7:57am On Dec 04, 2023
A certain Chinedu from Alaigbo who wanted to rule Lagos readily comes to mind ! Awon eyan "I don't think in Yoruba " yet the mumu wants to govern Lagos State,werey from hell !

7 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by HeatSeeker(m): 7:58am On Dec 04, 2023
Way4orward:
No no this is unacceptable .

Why? Does his ability to speak his local language translate to competence? Is he not a verified son of the state? Please respond intelligently.
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by ruggedtimi(m): 7:58am On Dec 04, 2023
Ben bruce cant speak ijaw yet he became a senator

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by HeatSeeker(m): 7:59am On Dec 04, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:
A certain Chinedu from Alaigbo who wanted to rule Lagos readily comes to mind ! Awon eyan "I don't think in Yoruba " yet the mumu wants to govern Lagos State,werey from hell !

This is the kind of mentality that will keep us backward smh.

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by freemanq(m): 8:01am On Dec 04, 2023
After 24 years of democracy our politicians kept deceiving us by same thing Road, water and Light. For how long?

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by lexy2014: 8:03am On Dec 04, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Interpreter or not

It is time for the esan to rule

I'm a Bini. Father Bini mother Bini

But as a real niggar Let us give it to esan

That stupid marginalisation Nigeria is doing at the national level we won't do it here in Edo state

how is it time for Esan to rule?

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by BitterTruth0001: 8:04am On Dec 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The book "Stumbling on happiness" on my mind right now wink

The reality is that Edo is not monolingual so there may be no furore if a candidate turns out to be like LP's Chinedu in Lagos who can't speak Yoruba and had to get an interpreter during campaign too.

Asue and his siblings were born and raised in Ibadan where their parents lived, stayed and worked. Their mum is Yoruba while their Das is Esan. If they were females married to Yoruba men, they could even aspire to be the Governor of Oyo state. It's their names that kept restricted them as Edo , they could pass for a Yoruba family.

Their late mum, a Yoruba woman, was particularly phenomenal and popular as well as a role model to many people in Ibadan so much that her name was a household name in Ibadan those days. Their late Dad was a Senior Staffer at the University of Ibadan.Check my signature for free stuffs!

You think you’re clever .
Why is he not contesting in the accommodating region of Ibadan ?
Edo is not monolingual ?? Can he speak any of the local languages? Is yoruba part of the indigenous yoruba language ?

You’re being clever by half . Typically.

2 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Way4orward: 8:07am On Dec 04, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Why? Does his ability to speak his local language translate to competence? Is he not a verified son of the state? Please respond intelligently.

Edo state people will not support imported candidates. A candidate that know nothing about the state. We don't need a foreigner

We have so many people in the state that know the problem of the state and same time they are competent too.

4 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by StPete: 8:10am On Dec 04, 2023
Way4orward:

Edo state people will not support imported candidates. A candidate that know nothing about the state. We don't need a foreigner

We have so many people in the state that know the problem of the state and same time they are competent too.

It is this kind of mindset that eventually makes you vote for deep criminals like Igbinedion. Very low myopic thinking. Are you supposed to vote for his language-speaking capabilities or investigate what he can truly bring to the table. I weep for your generation.

South Africa has remained relevant and so is Egypt and co in the scheme of things because of “foreigners” who brought their ideas and have continued to stay in those countries. If the typical indegenous black South African were to have been in charge of the state of affairs, by now the country would’ve been in ruins same with Egypt

4 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by FreeStuffsNG: 8:16am On Dec 04, 2023
BitterTruth0001:

You think you’re clever .
Why is he not contesting in the accommodating region of Ibadan ?
Edo is not monolingual ?? Can he speak any of the local languages? Is yoruba part of the indigenous yoruba language ?

You’re being clever by half . Typically.
Smh. Insolent and uncouth as usual.

During the last election campaign, I watched it live on Channels TV where the current Deputy Governor of Edo state, Philip Shaibu, was campaigning in Yoruba and interpreting for Obaseki! I kept wondering which part of Edo is this that Phillip Shaibu was campaigning in fluent Yoruba but I never bothered because I don't honestly care. Shaibu speaks fluent Yoruba! Same as Asue and his siblings yet this is 2023.

Edo is not in South West and if in Edo the Edo politicians campaign in Yoruba language,they
know why they do so ,the Yoruba here in Yorubaland really don't even know or care to know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Way4orward: 8:16am On Dec 04, 2023
StPete:

It is this kind of mindset that eventually makes you vote for deep criminals like Igbinedion. Very low myopic thinking. Are you supposed to vote for his language-speaking capabilities or investigate what he can truly bring to the table. I weep for your generation

If you like cry a river Ighodalo cannot be the governor of Edo state. If you are one of the prodigal sons in a Edo state is not too late for you to go to your village and learn what you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by chloride6: 8:18am On Dec 04, 2023
Wow! grin
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by HeatSeeker(m): 8:18am On Dec 04, 2023
Way4orward:

How can you say he is imported when his lineage is not being disputed or in question?

Please don't conflate the issues. Knowing "something" about the state and being able to speak his local language are two completely different things.

You did not assess his knowledge of the issues with the state and solutions to the local problems he can provide once given the job. Instead your focus is on something that has no real consequence on his ability to lead.

The people wey sabi their local language well, wetin dem don do to solve una problem? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:18am On Dec 04, 2023
SmartyPants:

Language is not a true test of leadership. We must not major in the minor always!

I totally disagree with you.

I don't know why most of you people are not deep and thorough in your analysis. This is the same reason people see signals that look like red flags before marriage but they are not wise enough to spot them.

For him not to be able to speak his local language speaks volume about him. Unfortunately, many of you cannot read between the lines.

People don't pick political ambition overnight, do they? What stopped him from taking one or two years to live and interact with his people to learn the language?

You said language is not a true test of Leadership. You are wrong in this case sir/ma. Learning that language is the beginning of true Leadership and having genuine interest of the people at heart.

On a final note, who is he to be given such waiver of Language?
What special things has he achieved?

Only individuals with very formidable track record of performance maybe considered for such waiver privilege.

4 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by duro4chang(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2023
Just like Garebo who wanted to be governor of Lagos. Kikikikikiki
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by HeatSeeker(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:

I don't know why most of you people are not deep and thorough in your analysis. This is the same reason people see signals that look like red flags before marriage but they are not wise enough to spot them.

For him not to be able to speak his local language speaks volume about him. Unfortunately, many of you cannot read between the lines.

People don't pick political ambition overnight, do they? What stopped him from taking one or two years to live and interact with his people to learn the language?

You said language is not a true test of Leadership. You are wrong in this case sir/ma. Learning that language is the beginning of true Leadership and having genuine interest of the people at heart.

Only individuals with very formidable track record of performance maybe considered for such waiver privilege.

You are very biased in your thinking. So you can grant waivers to certain people that cannot speak their local language? And then go ahead to deny some others that same waiver because of "track record". Wow!

What do you mean by track record? Is it by bribing all the local Chiefs with gifts? Or doing give away as your people often demand? I wonder what "achievements" will warrant such a waiver.
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by omoredia: 8:24am On Dec 04, 2023
Doesnt change anything. Blood is blood

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by SmartyPants(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:

Don't you know you just proved my point?? Instead of asking whether he can speak your language, ask, rather:

Who are you?
What have you done?
What can you do?
Why do you want to lead us?

The ones that speak your language so fluently how far?

You also suggesting that someone at that level should leave all he is doing to go and live somewhere to learn a language at 40 something. Is that the deep analysis you were talking about? lol. Go and sit down abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Indispensable85(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2023
Masterstroke4:
[b]Edo Governorship Aspirant Engages Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before kinsmen.

https://punchng.com/edo-governorship-aspirant-engages-interpreter-to-declare-ambition-before-kinsmen/?amp

Wow! OP where did you scoop this news from? You just quoted me right there. My Facebook ID is on your report.

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by SmartyPants(m): 8:26am On Dec 04, 2023
Obakoolex:
angry
Don't lie to yourself bro, in Africa it is...no one will vote for you or believe in your leadership if you can't address them in the lauguage they understand....na why deaf and dump no dey rule

That is the way things are. I am saying it is time we change those ways of thinking.
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Procashtips(m): 8:27am On Dec 04, 2023
SmartyPants:

Language is not a true test of leadership. We must not major in the minor always!

No one is saying language is a test of leadership,but when it comes to representing anyone, you must understand and align with those you represent.

I wonder why you lot love to twist things.

This is how some of you vote for chairmen that do not live nor understand what's going on in your LG to run your LG

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by NzogbuNzogbu: 8:28am On Dec 04, 2023
SmartyPants:

but it is very important in our system of govt

That's how obaseki couldn't speak bini was forced by oshomole from Lagos and we saw the mass disconnect in his govt

He was talking abt muo instead of knowing the problem of roads and unmemployment

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by BitterTruth0001: 8:30am On Dec 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

During the last election campaign, I watched it live on Channels TV where the current Deputy Governor of Edo state, Philip Shaibu, was campaigning in Yoruba and interpreting for Obaseki! I kept wondering which part of Edo is this that Phillip Shaibu was campaigning in fluent Yoruba but I never bothered because I don't honestly care. Shaibu speaks fluent Yoruba!

Edo is not in South West and if Edo the politicians campaign in Yoruba language, the Yoruba here in Yorubaland really don't even know or care to know.

The only insolence here is you trying to insult our intelligence .
There are yoruba residents in Edo and Shaibu interpreted in Yoruba to carry everyone along and get as much votes as possible but Yoruba is not an indigenous language in Edo.

You’re comparing apples and oranges . And then backing it up with a justification that you cannot accept in your own backyard . You even admitted that the man is more yoruba than Esan, so why is he not contesting in Ibadan ?
Oh wait his last name is Esan so he is not Yorubanized enough .

Not funny.

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by StPete: 8:32am On Dec 04, 2023
Way4orward:

If you like cry a river Ighodalo cannot be the governor of Edo state. If you are one of the prodigal sons in a Edo state is not too late for you to go to your village and learn what you don't know.

I shame for you especially if you are partly educated. Why are you even writing in a foreign man’s language then, why not write in your local mother tongue adeke
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by NzogbuNzogbu: 8:34am On Dec 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

During the last election campaign, I watched it live on Channels TV where the current Deputy Governor of Edo state, Philip Shaibu, was campaigning in Yoruba and interpreting for Obaseki! I kept wondering which part of Edo is this that Phillip Shaibu was campaigning in fluent Yoruba but I never bothered because I don't honestly care. Shaibu speaks fluent Yoruba! Same as Asue and his siblings yet this is 2023.

Edo is not in South West and if in Edo the Edo politicians campaign in Yoruba language,they
know why they do so ,the Yoruba here in Yorubaland really don't even know or care to know.
the only place Shaibu can be doing that is akoko edo, igarra

Btw we don't care abt asue history but he can't rule us same with olumide akpata

For bleep sake we haven't finished the obaseki dilemma, obaseki couldn't speak bini yet people said its technocracy that mattered

He entered and started fighting oba of bini, he was doing fanciful nonsense policies and over spending in stuffs that weren't priority to local needs

Our problem here is local, it's the home breed politicians that know them, especially the ones who have done lga chairmen before

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by FreeStuffsNG: 8:35am On Dec 04, 2023
BitterTruth0001:

There are yoruba residents in Edo and Shaibu interpreted in Yoruba to carry everyone along and get as much votes as possible but Yoruba is not an indigenous language in Edo.

You’re comparing apples and oranges . And then backing it up with a justification that you cannot accept in your own backyard . You even admitted that the man is more yoruba than Esan, so why is he not contesting in Ibadan ?

Not funny.
No. You just don't get it. Yoruba don't even care @ bolded. The Yoruba don't even care at all.

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by NzogbuNzogbu: 8:37am On Dec 04, 2023
BitterTruth0001:

Not funny.
funny enough I got feelers from his people abt this before punch, and they were all laughing at him at the event

Now that is the turn of esan would they now give it to an imposter who the gov invited overnight from Lagos to come snatch it?

Why would he even go back to the esan when he gets what he wants, for bleep sake this man no even base in edo at anythime not even Benin city sef

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by SmartyPants(m): 8:38am On Dec 04, 2023
Procashtips:

No one is saying language is a test of leadership,but when it comes to representing anyone, you must understand and align with those you represent.

I wonder why you lot love to twist things.

This is how some of you vote for chairmen that do not live nor understand what's going on in your LG to run your LG

So if a true son of your place, born and bred abroad comes back home to deliver his expertise, you will say no, go back because you don't understand the local language?

Who is really twisting things?
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by SmartyPants(m): 8:39am On Dec 04, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
but it is very important in our system of govt

That's how obaseki couldn't speak bini was forced by oshomole from Lagos and we saw the mass disconnect in his govt

He was talking abt muo instead of knowing the problem of roads and unmemployment

Bro the ones that speak fluently, have they improved the lives of the people?

2 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by NzogbuNzogbu: 8:39am On Dec 04, 2023
Way4orward:

na obaseki we dey suffer so cos he didn't understand his language or people

Same idiot get mind to replicate another obaseki Lagos gov

2 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Reference(m): 8:42am On Dec 04, 2023
Procashtips:
This one don fail already.

You can't speak the language of your people, yet you want to represent them.

Is it only his people that will elect him.
We have serious problems in this country Tower of Babel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption / Edo APC Ex-Chairman Ojezua, 18 LGA Chairmen, Others Defect To PDP / Boko Haram Currently Attacking Military Formation In Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.