Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,641 members, 7,851,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:16 PM

Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen (19501 Views)

He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo / Truck Runs Into Edo Gubernatorial Aspirant, Barr. Asue Ighodalo’s Car / Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by ufotunang: 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2023
oz4real83:
Typical scenario where a stranger wants to be governor of a state shocked shocked. Such a person won't even know the problems of the state to even think of profering solutions to them cheesy grin
n,,....we have governors that is not a stranger to their state and they know their state very well and can speak their languages but they still provide bad goverance ..they put their people in poverty hunger hardship unemployment and no much development and those governor loot money and enrich themselves....so the governor that is not a stranger to their state does all of this
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by internationalman(m): 9:59am On Dec 05, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
he is not o

Are you kidding me, someone that even speaks English in palace

He not only doesn't speak he also doesn't know zilch abt the culture that's how he went to oba palace without bringing kola and was embarrassed

Young man I have seen obaseki speaking Benin with my own eyes. How can he speak bini in the palace when it's not only the binis he governing.

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by sunsplash99(m): 6:58pm On Dec 05, 2023
lexy2014:

but you are from Edo state. how come you cant answer the simple question?

how is it the turn of an esan man to be the next governor?

It's actually a simple question I expected you to know the answer. Anyway, Edo north have served (Oshiomole), the current governor is From Edo south. So the Next governor should be somebody from Edo Central.
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by lexy2014: 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2023
sunsplash99:

It's actually a simple question I expected you to know the answer. Anyway, Edo north have served (Oshiomole), the current governor is From Edo south. So the Next governor should be somebody from Edo Central.

its a simple question but u couldn't answer. how does oshiomole and obaseki serving now automatically mean that the next governor must come edo central?

did anybody stop anybody from edo central from contesting before now or from contesting in the upcoming edo gubernatorial election?
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by XAUBulls: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The book "Stumbling on happiness" on my mind right now wink

The reality is that Edo is not monolingual so there may be no furore if a candidate turns out to be like LP's Chinedu in Lagos who can't speak Yoruba in a monolingual Lagos and had to get an interpreter during campaign too.

Asue and his siblings were born and raised in Ibadan where their parents lived, stayed and worked. They are Omo Ibadan.

Their late mum was Yoruba while their late Dad was Esan. If they were females married to Yoruba men, they could even aspire to be the Governor of Oyo state. It's the names of the boys that affiliated and restricted them as Edo, aside that, they could pass for a Yoruba family and seen as such by their Yoruba kith and kin.

Their late mum, a Yoruba woman, was particularly phenomenal and popular as well as a role model to many people in Ibadan so much that her name was a household name in Ibadan those days. Their late Dad was a Senior Staffer at the University of Ibadan.Check my signature for free stuffs!
Oh that's Ituah Ighodalo's brother.

Indeed their father was Esan and the Esans migrated from Benin. Esan when translated means "those who fled or ran" as a result of some upheavals in Benin. Esans and Binis are ancestrally kinsmen.

I read a biography book over 10 years ago on the life and times of the Ighodalo patriarch and it was truly illuminating. ituah's mothers was a Princess from a royal family.

Many Esan-Edos are married to Yorubas as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by XAUBulls: 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
Masterstroke4:
[b]Edo Governorship Aspirant Engages Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before kinsmen.

https://punchng.com/edo-governorship-aspirant-engages-interpreter-to-declare-ambition-before-kinsmen/?amp

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by FreeStuffsNG: 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2023
XAUBulls:

Oh that's Ituah Ighodalo's brother.

Indeed their father was Esan and the Esans migrated from Benin. Esan when translated means "those who fled or ran" as a result of some upheavals in Benin. Esans and Binis are ancestrally kinsmen.

I read a biography book over 10 years ago on the life and times of the Ighodalo patriarch and it was truly illuminating. ituah's mothers was a Princess from a royal family.

Many Esan-Edos are married to Yorubas as well.

Wow!!! Very interesting. Thank you for sharing sir.

The Esans used to be strong political allies of the Yoruba, from the Pa Enahoro's time to Dr. Ambrose Folorunsho Alli etc. It's no longer so any more in my opinion.

You're right about many marriages between both, few of the most prominent are of the Ighodalos, Late Stella Obasanjo and Pa Olusegun Obasanjo etc.

There marriage used to be far more common than marriages of Yoruba to others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by XAUBulls: 6:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Wow!!! Very interesting. Thank you for sharing sir.

The Esans used to be strong political allies of the Yoruba, from the Pa Enahoro's time to Dr. Ambrose Folorunsho Alli etc. It's no longer so any more in my opinion.

You're right about many marriages between both, few of the most prominent are of the Ighodalos, Late Stella Obasanjo and Pa Olusegun Obasanjo etc.

There marriage used to be far more common than marriages of Yoruba to others.
I've always enjoyed your verifiable submissions here on NL, being a widely read person myself.

Indeed... Especially Yoruba men getting married to Esan women. Itsekiris, Urhobos and indeed the entire Edo and Delta States were and still are the primary epicenters of Yoruba inter-ethnic marriages due to the Old Western Region associations before the creation of the Mid West in 1963.

It's great your mentioned Ambrose Folorunsho Ali of the UPN who was the Governor of Bendel State (Now Edo and Delta States). I was going to mention Ambrose Ali's name in my first reply to you on this thread being that he is someone with Edo and Yoruba ancestries just like Asue Ighodalo) but I decided to not get too wordy. His mother's home town Idoani is in Ondo State along the border with Edo State. One of Oranmiyan's cousins who followed him to Benin from Ife (Ufe) later settled in Idoani when Oranmiyan finally left Benin to return to Ife and fully establish Oyo Kingdom.

Indeed, Bendel State majorly went with the UPN that was led by Chief Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, because the UPN programs were populist in nature and people could see the impact until the Military came and overthrew Shagari and others.

The Action Group also did a lot in the areas of free education and development right up till the Mid West Region was created to enable further dynamic developments in that area.

All the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by FreeStuffsNG: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
XAUBulls:

I've always enjoyed your verifiable submissions here on NL, being a widely read person myself.

Indeed... Especially Yoruba men getting married to Esan women. Itsekiris, Urhobos and indeed the entire Edo and Delta States were and still are the primary epicenters of Yoruba inter-ethnic marriages due to the Old Western Region associations before the creation of the Mid West in 1963.

It's great your mentioned Ambrose Folorunsho Ali of the UPN who was the Governor of Bendel State (Now Edo and Delta States). I was going to mention Ambrose Ali's name in my first reply to you on this thread being that he is someone with Edo and Yoruba ancestries just like Asue Ighodalo) but I decided to not get too wordy. His mother's home town Idoani is in Ondo State along the border with Edo State. One of Oranmiyan's cousins who followed him to Benin from Ife (Ufe) later settled in Idoani when Oranmiyan finally left Benin to return to Ife and fully establish Oyo Kingdom.

Indeed, Bendel State majorly went with the UPN that was led by Chief Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, because the UPN programs were populist in nature and people could see the impact until the Military came and overthrew Shagari and others.

The Action Group also did a lot in the areas of free education and development right up till the Mid West Region was created to enable further dynamic developments in that area.

All the best.

Thank you so very much sir. I am deeply honoured and privileged to drink from your fountain of knowledge sir.

I am very happy to read about late Elderstatesman, Dr. Alli's maternal lineage in Ondo state. That's a very important part of his history that's not easy to come by. Thank you for sharing sir.

Compliments of the season to you and yours sir.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwara APC Governorship Candidate Escape Assassination / Buhari Participates In Katsina State Development Fund 2023 (Photos) / New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.