Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,369 members, 7,857,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 04:03 PM

Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen (19515 Views)

He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo / Truck Runs Into Edo Gubernatorial Aspirant, Barr. Asue Ighodalo’s Car / Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by NzogbuNzogbu: 8:43am On Dec 04, 2023
SmartyPants:

Bro the ones that speak fluently, have they improved the lives of the people?
we can select from the best that speak our language and know our people

I am 100% certain this one would be a failure becos we have been through this road before

He was brought in by obaseki less than 6 months ago and this imposition doesn't help his cause as we know it's for his master

He doesn't know jack about where aduwawa dey or where uromi dey, how do you know which road needs more attention

How do you know edo pulse

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Kobicove(m): 8:46am On Dec 04, 2023
I like this guy and admire him for his accomplishments but as for this political ambition I think he should just forget it so that his case will not be like Gbadebo who wants to be governor of Lagos State yet he cannot speak Yoruba language fluently undecided

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by NzogbuNzogbu: 8:46am On Dec 04, 2023
lexy2014:

how is it time for Esan to rule?
e shock you abi?

You are the only one behind, na the pulse of edo be this at the moment

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by sunsplash99(m): 8:46am On Dec 04, 2023
I think his governorship ambition is not over night thing.
You know very well it's the turn of an esan (Edo Central) man to be the next governor after Obaseki.
What stops him from learning the language maybe one or two years ago?
Though, Edo is not a monolingual state but at least he should have learn some vital phrases, proverbs and their meanings before now.

2 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by lexy2014: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
e shock you abi?

You are the only one behind, na the pulse of edo be this at the moment

that isnt what I asked you.

how is it time for Esan to rule?
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by jutan: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2023
Imagine this kind of mentality. Wat is really wrong with Africans. I am still asking
Procashtips:
This one don fail already.

You can't speak the language of your people, yet you want to represent them.
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by lexy2014: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2023
sunsplash99:
You know very well it's the turn of an esan (Edo Central) man to be the next governor after Obaseki.
Though, Edo is not a monolingual state but at least he should have learn some vital phrases, proverbs and their meanings before now.

how is it the turn of an esan man to be the next governor?
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by itsene: 8:51am On Dec 04, 2023
His sponsors are the major problem, not the interpreter!!

2 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Jagaban2012: 8:52am On Dec 04, 2023
Another Chinedu Rhode Vivour in Edo State says "/I don't think in Yoruba "

Interpreter to speak to his people....if he becomes the governor he will turn the Edo language into a vernacular...and ask the market women to be something in the English language
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by garfield1: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2023
SmartyPants:

Language is not a true test of leadership. We must not major in the minor always!

If he values and appreciate his people,he would learn his language

2 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by NzogbuNzogbu: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2023
sunsplash99:
werey would be able to speak Yoruba I can bet

He for just use English instead of adding interpreter

Ok learn bini too noway
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by sunsplash99(m): 8:55am On Dec 04, 2023
lexy2014:

how is it the turn of an esan man to be the next governor?

If you are from Edo state you would not be asking me this question.

2 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by casualobserver: 8:57am On Dec 04, 2023
Procashtips:

Like Chinedu

2 Likes

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by sunsplash99(m): 8:58am On Dec 04, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
werey would be able to speak Yoruba I can bet

He for just use English instead of adding interpreter

Ok learn bini too noway

Very easy for Children to speak and understand their mother's language even if they stay outside.
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by ODOGWUMALAY50: 9:11am On Dec 04, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Interpreter or not

It is time for the esan to rule

I'm a Bini. Father Bini mother Bini

But as a real niggar Let us give it to esan

That stupid marginalisation Nigeria is doing at the national level we won't do it here in Edo state

Rt Hon Dennis aka Denco , is a governorship material to behold! I think Denco is the next governor of your state.
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Newton2024: 9:28am On Dec 04, 2023
Caseless:
No matter what, teach your children your language. God did not make mistake for bringing you from your tribe.
Thank you.
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Coolbadguy: 9:28am On Dec 04, 2023
So na the language na wan bring development or na part of development mechanism, all the ones when dey speak for the country wetin dem don do.
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Procashtips(m): 9:41am On Dec 04, 2023
jutan:
Imagine this kind of mentality. Wat is really wrong with Africans. I am still asking

That's why people with no connection to what matters to you in your community are in power all over Nigeria,yet you want development.

You can't eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Procashtips(m): 9:42am On Dec 04, 2023
Reference:

Is it only his people that will elect him.
We have serious problems in this country Tower of Babel.

At least understand the people you want to represent first.

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Procashtips(m): 9:42am On Dec 04, 2023
SmartyPants:

So if a true son of your place, born and bred abroad comes back home to deliver his expertise, you will say no, go back because you don't understand the local language?

Who is really twisting things?

Was he born and bred abroad?

Another twisting I just mentioned.
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by sweetgala(m): 9:43am On Dec 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The book "Stumbling on happiness" on my mind right now wink

The reality is that Edo is not monolingual so there may be no furore if a candidate turns out to be like LP's Chinedu in Lagos who can't speak Yoruba in a monolingual Lagos and had to get an interpreter during campaign too.

Asue and his siblings were born and raised in Ibadan where their parents lived, stayed and worked. They are Omo Ibadan.

Their late mum was Yoruba while their late Dad was Esan. If they were females married to Yoruba men, they could even aspire to be the Governor of Oyo state. It's the names of the boys that affiliated and restricted them as Edo, aside that, they could pass for a Yoruba family and seen as such by their Yoruba kith and kin.

Their late mum, a Yoruba woman, was particularly phenomenal and popular as well as a role model to many people in Ibadan so much that her name was a household name in Ibadan those days. Their late Dad was a Senior Staffer at the University of Ibadan.Check my signature for free stuffs!

Is he from the same Ighodalo family from Agbowo area of Ibadan same as the Pastor Ighodalo ?

I do think he should be able to speak to his people in a language they understand, if he can't do so conveniently he should speak English or pidgin, there is no need for the interpreter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Biola67: 9:43am On Dec 04, 2023
Ozommadu:

Ebola is fluent in yoruba abi?? First class accountant

Howfar nau? What tangible has he achieved aside killing Nigeria economy?

How much is a bag of rice?
Chibuzor na Monday we dey find something do.. Leave Tinubu
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by foleskay(m): 9:44am On Dec 04, 2023
Coolbadguy:
So na the language na wan bring development or na part of development mechanism, all the ones when dey speak for the country wetin dem don do.
Yes. Na d language. Can an English man become the president of China or France?? Reason am na. Language is very important in governance all over the world. It's even a more serious matter in Europe and Asia undecided
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by sweetgala(m): 9:50am On Dec 04, 2023
SmartyPants:

Language is not a true test of leadership. We must not major in the minor always!

Identity can be very important in real leadership where the important element previously missing is servitude to the people their desires and needs.

There has been a disconnect between governance and the people at the local most basic levels.
This kind of governor would be ignorant of the realities, history and peculiarities of the people, he is doomed to fail before he even starts

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by SmartyPants(m): 9:51am On Dec 04, 2023
Procashtips:

Was he born and bred abroad?

Another twisting I just mentioned.

We are talking about principles here. But even at that, I've read he was raised in Ibadan so yes, he was not exposed to his indigenous land. The question is will you reject the value a person has to offer simply because they don't speak the language?

It's actually a yes or no question.

If someone comes to build a hospital for you as one of your sons based in another place, will you say no, you can't speak the language so you are not worthy?

Yes or no?
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by SmartyPants(m): 9:53am On Dec 04, 2023
sweetgala:

Identity can be very important in real leadership where the important element previously missing is servitude to the people their desires and needs.

There has been a disconnect between governance and the people at the local most basic levels.
This kind of governor would be ignorant of the realities, history and peculiarities of the people, he is doomed to fail before he even starts

What if he makes an effort to reconnect but falls short at the language barrier, will that still be viewed as not being enough? This issue is particularly touching for me as a person who cannot speak his mother tongue simply because I was not raised in that way nor exposed to that culture by the decisions of my parents. Does that mean I have no value to my people whom I cherish??
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Thinktwicemybro: 9:54am On Dec 04, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Interpreter or not

It is time for the esan to rule

I'm a Bini. Father Bini mother Bini

But as a real niggar Let us give it to esan

That stupid marginalisation Nigeria is doing at the national level we won't do it here in Edo state

You are a real nigga
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by emerged01(m): 10:05am On Dec 04, 2023
Procashtips:

I dont think so. Edo has many languages you dont expect him to speak all. His language maybe different form Esan.
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by EDUECO(m): 10:06am On Dec 04, 2023
freemanq:
After 24 years of democracy our politicians kept deceiving us by same thing Road, water and Light. For how long?
Nigerian politicians are useless like the p in psychology! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by Godmademan(m): 10:12am On Dec 04, 2023
Procashtips:

So even if he's the best candidate to deliver good governance, he should not have the chance because he can't speak the language. I myself find it extremely difficult to learn languages. I can imagine someone telling me that I can't win election because I can't speak my language. Their loss not mine
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by NzogbuNzogbu: 10:26am On Dec 04, 2023
SmartyPants:

We are talking about principles here. But even at that, I've read he was raised in Ibadan so yes, he was not exposed to his indigenous land. The question is will you reject the value a person has to offer simply because they don't speak the language?

It's actually a yes or no question.

If someone comes to build a hospital for you as one of your sons based in another place, will you say no, you can't speak the language so you are not worthy?

Yes or no?
you are just talking off

We don't doubt his value o, but he doesn't understand the local necessities of the people

Its even worst the gov is the imposing him not that he really desired governance

He is out of touch with the people, so the value already has disconnect to what edo value
Re: Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen by NzogbuNzogbu: 10:28am On Dec 04, 2023
Godmademan:
So even if he's the best candidate to deliver good governance, he should not have the chance because he can't speak the language. I myself find it extremely difficult to learn languages. I can imagine someone telling me that I can't win election because I can't speak my language. Their loss not mine
if you can't speak your language but understand your people no the teeth no wahala

I would even prefer an Igbo man born and raised edo who can't speak the language but passes through edo problems and know them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Po-Military Group Protest Against Punch, Daily Trust, Leadership Newspapers / Buhari Did Not Refuse Any Rolls Royce From Us” – High Commissioner To The UK / Why Is No One Talking About Fayose's Presidential Ambition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.