Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? (10494 Views)

Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Definition Of Marriage To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by oneuniquemind(m): 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
A real man is real,brave,responsible,nd keeps hs words
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by MadDog1(m): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2011
ronkebp:

Maturity has nothing to do with marraige, (yes we know) but marraige and the way a man cares for his home/wife and children, determines the level of maturity a man has.
i like this one
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by seedord247(m): 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2011
ronkebp:

Maturity has nothing to do with marraige, (yes we know) but marraige and the way a man cares for his home/wife and children, determines the level of maturity a man has.

So you mean Pasuma, 2face, Ayinla kollington are not man?
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by Xionez(m): 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
This is interesting. Please keep it coming. Some wise words here. smiley
*grabs seat*
I aint kidding.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by arsenefc: 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
Anyone who phocks a lot is a man to me. Thats how I define a man, your phocking rate.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by stillme(m): 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2011
Responsiblity
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by arsenefc: 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
beethoven:

Here's to all the REAL men out there, Boys play house. Men build homes!!! Boys shack up. Men get married!!! Boys make babies. Men RAISE children!!! A boy won't raise his own children. A man WILL RAISE HIS AND SOMEONE ELSE'S!!! Boys invent excuses for failure. Men produce strategies for success!!! Boys look for somebody to take care of them. Men look for someone to take care of!!! Boys seek popularity. Men demand respect and know how to give it!!!

Definitely you are a woman, and a cheap feminist to boot.

You forget to add that a man opens the car door for a woman, says yes ma'am to whatever a woman says, raises a b/a/s/t/a/rd child that the woman forces on him, loves a woman unconditionally even when the women is cheating on him with his best friend, hands over his paycheck to a woman because he wants to make sure the woman is well taken care off, cooks for a woman, stays home to take care of the child while the woman is out partying, stays home to watch REAL HOUSEWIVES  with their wife.

Ediot!
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by micawber(m): 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
arsenefc:

You forget to add that a man opens the car door for a woman, says yes ma'am to whatever a woman says, raises a b/a/s/t/a/rd child that the woman forces on him, loves a woman unconditionally even when the women is cheating on him with his best friend, hands over his paycheck to a woman because he wants to make sure the woman is well taken care off, cooks for a woman, stays home to take care of the child while the woman is out partying, stays home to watch REAL HOUSEWIVES  with their wife.

Ediot!

[size=22pt]L[/size] cheesy[size=22pt]L[/size]
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by emmatok(m): 9:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
arsenefc:

Ediot!

+100
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2011
A man must be responsible. It really defines him better than any other thing.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by Skii(m): 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
harakiri:

A REAL MAN in my terms is a man who takes his destiny into his own hands and isn't pushed by mediocrity. A real man is a man who dictates his life as he wants it and doesn't dance to the tune of society. A real man plans,aims and walks towards his goal. A real man is a lone ranger (even among family and friends). He is the lion in his kingdom.

That being said, a real man can be all these WITHOUT being married. If you need to get married before you become "responsible", you were never a real man to begin with (you're just a boy that was forced to accept these responsibilities after much hen pecking). If you need to get married before you start thinking about your future, then you're still a boy.

Maturity has NOTHING to do with marriage. Get your minds right people.

Quote from: beethoven on Today at 06:42:35 PM

Here's to all the REAL men out there, Boys play house. Men build homes!!! Boys shack up. Men get married!!! Boys make babies. Men RAISE children!!! A boy won't raise his own children. A man WILL RAISE HIS AND SOMEONE ELSE'S!!! Boys invent excuses for failure. Men produce strategies for success!!! Boys look for somebody to take care of them. Men look for someone to take care of!!! Boys seek popularity. Men demand respect and know how to give it!!!

Well said, I actually copied and pasted on my wallpaper, since I am still learning how to be a man
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by vb0mb(m): 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
A man is a human being that is not a woman
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by Seun(m): 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2011
A real man is a male who is above 18.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by dayokanu(m): 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2011
arsenefc:

You forget to add that a man opens the car door for a woman, says yes ma'am to whatever a woman says, raises a b/a/s/t/a/rd child that the woman forces on him, loves a woman unconditionally even when the women is cheating on him with his best friend, hands over his paycheck to a woman because he wants to make sure the woman is well taken care off, cooks for a woman, stays home to take care of the child while the woman is out partying, stays home to watch REAL HOUSEWIVES with their wife.

Ediot!

Yes ooo else you are a fake man according to the posters here
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by harakiri(m): 10:22pm On Oct 31, 2011
Isn't it funny that the people who use the words "REAL MAN" the most are mostly WOMEN? How many times do guy differentiate "REAL WOMEN" from girls? How can a woman know what a "real man" is when she isn't a man? She doesn't think,act or reason like a man so how on earth does she know which ones are "real"?

At the end of the day, a typical woman's definition falls into these categories :

(1)His ability to provide for his wife and children (this is the most common answer. . .how selfish! ! !)
(2)He cares for her,does all she wants,makes her happy (a mugu that has no word of his own)
(3)His entire world revolves around her, she has him under her thumb, he never argues with her but does her bidding (every woman's dream man).

If this is what real manhood is all about, then i hope i sleep and die a horrible death before morning comes! Is that what a man's life is? Even the male termites have a more meaningful existence.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by kabukabu50(m): 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
emmatok:

And you are doing the opposite.

Abegi don't start another gender battle on NL.

A man is an Adult male .

A real man is an Experienced and Matured  Adult male.

Seems like your feathers got ruffled by my comment  grin, you just exposed yourself LMAO grin
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ElmA1(f): 10:40pm On Oct 31, 2011
Interesting!
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by DerMeister: 10:41pm On Oct 31, 2011
All the posts above are bull crap! REAL MEN DON'T EAT QUICHE and it's as simple as that  cool
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by gmcbiz(m): 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2011
smiley
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ronkebp(f): 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2011
I think most men/women, should ask themselves what their role in humanity is?, and how to play that part well, if that role does not involve how you treat the other person/ other people around you, then am sorry gan, that person has just lived a useless life. Hence, instead of living as 'real men', they live a 'fake life', proto-type life, irrespective of their acheivements.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by harakiri(m): 11:00pm On Oct 31, 2011
ronkebp:

I think most men/women, should ask themselves what their role in humanity is?, and how to play that part well, if that role does not involve how you treat the other person/ other people around you, then am sorry gan, that person has just lived a useless life. Hence, instead of living as 'real men', they live a 'fake life', proto-type life, irrespective of their acheivements.

If a man is single at 40 and yet, very successful with chains of businesses that employs thousands of people. . .would you say he isn't a "real man"? If he gives regularly to different orphanages,sponsors over a dozen people in school each year, pays legal fees for the less privileged who are being oppressed by the faulty judicial system. . .would you say he isn't a "real man"?

Why is it that a woman's definition of a "real man" always boils down to what will profit her? If a man doesn't get married, it's ALWAYS the women that will be the first to label him as being "irresponsible" and being scared to be a "real man". Why is it always the case? There are married men out there who's marriages are being saved financially by single guys. I really don't get this shallow pattern of thought.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by Ofido(m): 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2011
A real man is he with a vision. Who has a dream and takes responsibility of his actions and inactions
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ronkebp(f): 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
If a man chooses to be single at forty then, it is his cross, there is nothing fulfilling, than giving life to another (children) and caring for them, i know some would say, afterall you can have them without necessarily getting married ( well, to each his own). You can do all these, give to charity and so on and so forth and not still be a real man, Being a real man is not determined by the money you have in the bank, but your heart.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by dayokanu(m): 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
ronkebp:

If a man chooses to be single at forty then, it is his cross, there is nothing fulfilling, than giving life to another (children) and caring for them, i know some would say, afterall you can have them without necessarily getting married ( well, to each his own). You can do all these, give to charity and so on and so forth and not still be a real man, Being a real man is not determined by the money you have in the bank, but your heart.

So if the hypothetical 40yr old single man decides to go adopt from the numerous children in orphanages looking for love he still doesnt qualify as a real man until he gives birth to his own?

So if a man for any reason, personal, medical or whatever does not have kids biologically, He can never be a real man?
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ibedun: 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2011
Thank you Harakiri. The last thing you want is women defining men. Marriage, babies, homes and all that bullcrap that suits and serves women.

We dont have to be ladened with unnecessary kids and domestics to be responsible. Responsibility is in how you live your life. And as for looking after somebody else's child - thats simply mugunmania
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ronkebp(f): 11:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
dayokanu:

So if the hypothetical 40yr old single man decides to go adopt from the numerous children in orphanages looking for love he still doesnt qualify as a real man until he gives birth to his own?

So if a man for any reason, personal, medical or whatever does not have kids biologically, He can never be a real man?

Nope, that is not what am saying, a 40 year old man can adopt a child, and not care for him/her, not every person that brings a child into the world, can be termed a responsible parent, parenting goes beyond, donation of sperm and egg or money or adopting a child, but goes to the length of you sacrificing what is the most important to you, inorder to satisfy the other person, my thoughts right now, goes beyond the ''me'' syndrome, but 'you', 'us', 'we', those are part of the things that make you real, whether male or female.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On Oct 31, 2011
^^ So whats the definition of a real woman?
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by jle(f): 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
A real man is someone who is authentic enough to make his choices becos of the values that lies close to his heart,instead of living his lives behind a mask. This can manifest itself in a variety of type of people,becos everybody's values are different.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ronkebp(f): 11:56pm On Oct 31, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ So whats the definition of a real woman?

That is not what the topic is all about. we do not want to digress, do we now?
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Oct 31, 2011
ronkebp:

That is not what the topic is all about. we do not want to digress, do we now?

^^ Why cant we digress?
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 01, 2011
My definition of a man is an adult male who knows exactly wat he wants, knows how to get it and does actually go for it. Be it material things, a woman or a worthy goal. Period.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can I Make Entry In Any Welfare Office In Nigeria? / Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women / Topcio Alata Ghana Soap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.