Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? (10492 Views)

Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Definition Of Marriage To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ronkebp(f): 12:15am On Nov 01, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ Why cant we digress?

Because the topic is about 'real men', when another thread is open that wants a definition of a 'real woman', i will drop my penny.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by kabukabu50(m): 12:40am On Nov 01, 2011
Well I already gave my opinion on men so I'll say this for real women.
1)Real women do not allow gender to hold them back in the pursuit of anything.
2)Real women earn respect from men not through their words but through their actions.
3)Real women know when they are being played and walk away.

Just a few that came to my mind. grin
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by Ascony(m): 1:02am On Nov 01, 2011
you can outsmart ur way tru life, wat will dat profit u? u can manage to dodge all d bullets dat life throws at u. wat will dat make u in d end? A Nobody!

But d real man is dat man dat look his obstacles and fears face 2 face!; d man dat tackles his challenges wit all d strength, vigour and pasion; d man dat swims tru d oceas of tribulations and tough times and still comes out alive and successful! Dat man is d Real Man!

Life is not a bed of roses, when life confronts u with a difficult challenge, do not dodge it, rather face it with all ur guts, , cos wat does not kill u will surely make u stronger! se fini,
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by dabrake(m): 1:07am On Nov 01, 2011
Chei! Beijing '95 @ work again. Wel op, i dnt knw d definition of a real man buh imo, a real man is one who allows evry one 2 partake in success by making his 'world' a bera place(bera than d way he met it) in his little contribution instead of a winner-take-all attitude. One who sees failure as an opportunity 2 begin afresh more intelligently instead of taking, giving & making excuses. One who do unto others as he wil want dem 2 do unto him. Finally, one who combines african's character wyt d western's skill. I rest ma case
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by dabrake(m): 1:10am On Nov 01, 2011
Ascony:

you can outsmart your way tru life, wat will dat profit u? u can manage to dodge all d bullets dat life throws at u. wat will dat make u in d end? A Nobody!

But d real man is dat man dat look his obstacles and fears face 2 face!; d man dat tackles his challenges wit all d strength, vigour and pasion; d man dat swims tru d oceas of tribulations and tough times and still comes out alive and successful! Dat man is d Real Man!

Life is not a bed of roses, when life confronts u with a difficult challenge, do not dodge it, rather face it with all your guts, , cos wat does not kill u will surely make u stronger! se fini,
may it be well with you. Best comment so far.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by WAVixen: 1:53am On Nov 01, 2011
one with balls of steel!!!!
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by iice(f): 6:49am On Nov 01, 2011
blogger1.0:

LWKMD, BTW wot u said is it a form of beef to men or wot?

No, why should i beef them
Frankly, i don't use the term real man unless i'm talking about transgendered people and that's only to differentiate between heteros and homos.
People use real man/woman to define what suits their needs/wants.
In the end, having responsibility or maturity makes a person simply a responsible/matured adult. Nothing real or unreal about that.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by fxtopedia(m): 7:34am On Nov 01, 2011
MAN:

M= Morning

A= Afternoon

N= Night
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by sexylogan(m): 7:41am On Nov 01, 2011
A real man knows the difference between what's important and what isn't.
A real man makes decisions and lives with the consequences.
A real man strives to be a role model.
A real man knows that his wife and children are God's gift and treats them as such.
A real man doesn't love a million girls, he loves one girl in a million ways.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by kayalla(f): 7:47am On Nov 01, 2011
from my own view,

A man is oe who makes more money yhan his wife can spend grin
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by emekamisha: 8:04am On Nov 01, 2011
A man could be said as any male that can face challenges no matter what.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by pkv(m): 8:25am On Nov 01, 2011
WAVixen:

one with balls of steel!!!!
and a mind as hard as a diamond,he is the person that can get ALONG WITH anoda best and yet when the situation warrants get ALONE WITHOUT another best.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by pkv(m): 8:27am On Nov 01, 2011
kayalla:

from my own view,

A man is oe who makes more money yhan his wife can spend grin
try me.datz my Man talent sweety
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by DaLover(m): 9:07am On Nov 01, 2011
A real man is at least 8 inches long and can pleasure his female partner successfully, lolz
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by Wislet(f): 10:10am On Nov 01, 2011
A real man is one who is not afraid to make mistakes, but rather owns up to them and accepts correction. Who recognizes his maker and humbles himself to be led by Him. Who is not perfect, but strives to be better everyday. Who does not run away from accepting responsibility, but rather assumes the mantle and gives his all to make the best of it. Who respects and protects those weaker than him.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by AZeD1(m): 10:38am On Nov 01, 2011
Ascony:

you can outsmart your way tru life, wat will dat profit u? u can manage to dodge all d bullets dat life throws at u. wat will dat make u in d end? A Nobody!

Life is not a bed of roses, when life confronts u with a difficult challenge, do not dodge it, rather face it with all your guts, , cos wat does not kill u will surely make u stronger! se fini,
or leave you paralaysed in a hospital, grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ImaIma1(f): 10:59am On Nov 01, 2011
Does marriage define a man? I am happy with my lifestyle of raising a kid outside wedlock and don't feel less of a man.

@ MALILA off course u wont feel less of a man.u can be sincerely wrong. take a step back and see how it looks.wouldnt it hv been better if u were living wit a wife n ur child? if we were to judge btw u and a married man wit his child and wife as a responsible man, mature, etc.who wld we pick?

@BEETHOVEN men!!!! u said it all.

a man is not afraid of challenges, commitments, responsibilities, instead he faces them.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by badmrkt(m): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2011
real never boast of wht they have
they never give up hope even whn they'r not sure
they understand their purpose and they work towards it.
they affect those around them positively
they never drink themselves to stupor
they don't sag their pants
they're always consistence
they're not easily moved by their female counterparts
they stay real
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by harakiri(m): 11:31am On Nov 01, 2011
ronkebp:

If a man chooses to be single at forty then, it is his cross, there is nothing fulfilling, than giving life to another (children) and caring for them, i know some would say, afterall you can have them without necessarily getting married ( well, to each his own). You can do all these, give to charity and so on and so forth and not still be a real man, Being a real man is not determined by the money you have in the bank, but your heart.

What do you mean by "it's his cross"? This is the typical shaming language women use to hen peck naive,docile and weak minded men to bend to their selfish whims and caprices. Any naive man who reads that would believe it's a "bad thing" to be single and unmarried at 40. Did you say there's "nothing fulfilling than giving life to children"? It's very clear that you are speaking for YOURSELF (being a woman) and not for men. Marriage,childbirth and all that has ALWAYS been a woman's thing. A man can live his entire successful life in peace and harmony without the stress and heartache of marriage and child upbringing. This is not the same with YOU (being a woman). From your late teens to early adulthood, your sole priority is to tie down a "real man" for marriage and have children with him. . .YES! ! ! That's the truth.

You say a "real man" is not determined by money but if things turn upside down for your husband tomorrow, you'll be the first to call him yeye man,useless man,good for nothing man,do you think you are a man? Do you think having a peN.is makes you a man?I didn't beg you to marry me. I regret marrying you. . .bla bla bla. YES! I've seen how you women act when things aren't going according to YOUR plans. You'll waste no time in telling everyone who cares to know that you are the one that has been feeding him,clothing him and taking care of the children. You will advertise to the world what an ungrateful man your husband is (forgetting that once upon a time, things were different). YES! That is how you women are (from the most intelligent to the dumbest. . .you all have that evil trait to bring shame on a man who is downcast with trials and tribulations).

If breeding children is the hallmark of a "real man", the polygamous men are the "REALEST" of men (if there's such a word).
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by marveluxbe(m): 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2011
tongue
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by pkv(m): 2:02pm On Nov 01, 2011
DaLover:

A real man is at least 8 inches long and can pleasure his female partner successfully, lolz
no scare d gals away na.abi u want open my nyash 4 d chic wey i dey try arrange 4 here.biko nah
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ronkebp(f): 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2011
We have our duties, men have theirs, women have their own duty to perform as human beings. Yes women want to have families, raise children and live happily ever after (monetary wise). Who does not want a good thing?? or when did aspiring to be great become a sin? Men, decide to put this women in their own homes, no woman can tie a man down, haven't you seenand heard, from the experiences sorrounding you and even on NL, how men leave their wives and children to tend to other things that matter most to them So stop saying women tie men down, instead it is the other way round. Men are the ones tying women down these days.

There are so many women that have decided to stay with their men both interms of need and in plenty, not all women are like what you painted, ''gold diggers' ''fff's'', And there are men, when everything is now clear and good, they forget the woman that stood by them against all odds (and again, not all men are like that). And when i said ''that was his cross' is that; every decision we make, we are accountable to them, we face the consequences alone. so a 40 year old man/woman that decides to not marry or have children, not because there are no spouses, but because of ''hatred'' for the other gender, is sooo carrying his/her cross.

I don't know the crowds you have been hanging with, but you need to change your friends, why live a bitter life?
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by harakiri(m): 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2011
ronkebp:

We have our duties, men have theirs, women have their own duty to perform as human beings. Yes women want to have families, raise children and live happily ever after (monetary wise). Who does not want a good thing?? or when did aspiring to be great become a sin? Men, decide to put this women in their own homes, no woman can tie a man down, haven't you seenand heard, from the experiences sorrounding you and even on NL, how men leave their wives and children to tend to other things that matter most to them So stop saying women tie men down, instead it is the other way round. Men are the ones tying women down these days.

There are so many women that have decided to stay with their men both interms of need and in plenty, not all women are like what you painted, ''gold diggers' ''fff's'', And there are men, when everything is now clear and good, they forget the woman that stood by them against all odds (and again, not all men are like that). And when i said ''that was his cross' is that; every decision we make, we are accountable to them, we face the consequences alone. so a 40 year old man/woman that decides to not marry or have children, not because there are no spouses, but because of ''hatred'' for the other gender, is sooo carrying his/her cross.

I don't know the crowds you have been hanging with, but you need to change your friends, why live a bitter life?

First of all, i'd give my left arm and my right leg to get listen to you lecture me on HOW MEN TIE WOMEN DOWN! ! ! I wouldn't miss that for anything in the world. Second, i can't remember where i painted women as gold diggers. I can't remember ever painting women as gold diggers on nairaland. You must be taking me for someone else (see your life?). Third. . .did you say "bitter life"? Lady, i don't mean to blow my horn but i'm living real good and peaceful with any woman i'm having a relationship with. The only difference between me and the gullible,naive,dim witted,weak minded man/men in your life is that I KNOW HOW WOMEN ARE! ! ! Yeah! I know how totally phucked up your minds are. And my friends (mostly business associates) are very successful matured men that are usually way,way,way above my age group. . .so, i learn a lot from them. I am yet to see any of them talk about how "peaceful" their marriage is. It's always one trouble or the other which is ALWAYS started by the wife (who is hell bent on making sure the man never enjoys 48hrs of peace and harmony) .They might put up the "happily married facade" in public but deep down, they all hate the day they decided to throw away their freedom and get married. Marriage is all about WOMEN,WOMEN,WOMEN,KIDS AND WOMEN! ! ! That's all there is to it and the man is just the ATM to keep the engine running.

End of!
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ronkebp(f): 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2011
harakiri:

First of all, i'd give my left arm and my right leg to get listen to you lecture me on HOW MEN TIE WOMEN DOWN! ! ! I wouldn't miss that for anything in the world. Second, i can't remember where i painted women as gold diggers. I can't remember ever painting women as gold diggers on nairaland. You must be taking me for someone else (see your life?). Third. . .did you say "bitter life"? Lady, i don't mean to blow my horn but i'm living real good and peaceful with any woman i'm having a relationship with. The only difference between me and the gullible,naive,dim witted,weak minded man/men in your life is that I KNOW HOW WOMEN ARE! ! ! Yeah! I know how totally phucked up your minds are. And my friends (mostly business associates) are very successful matured men that are usually way,way,way above my age group. . .so, i learn a lot from them. I am yet to see any of them talk about how "peaceful" their marriage is. It's always one trouble or the other which is ALWAYS started by the wife (who is hell bent on making sure the man never enjoys 48hrs of peace and harmony) .They might put up the "happily married facade" in public but deep down, they all hate the day they decided to throw away their freedom and get married. Marriage is all about WOMEN,WOMEN,WOMEN,KIDS AND WOMEN! ! ! That's all there is to it and the man is just the ATM to keep the engine running.

End of!

You do not have to paint women as 'gold diggers' in your post, before i can perceive you infering that in your statements. I will gladly lecture you on how men tie women down, since you don't know.

You see!! am so right to say, you are bitter, and you have a bitter feeling and attitude towards women, you are such a chauvinist, that do not see anything good in a woman, all you do is talk/ write about, women doing this, marraige is that blabla and bla. Dude, like i said, i do not know the calibre of women and men you have been hanging out with or dating. There are some men that look at their relationships/marraige and are grateful for who they have in a girlfriend or wife. You have the ''wrongest'' attitude towards marraige, that is ssooooo wrong. Marraige is all about having a family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, family!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something to call your own, wife to call your own, children to call your own. I am not trying to change your mentality( which is really messed-up) about marraige, but just letting you know what some of us see marraige as.
And am so glad for the 'ONE' in my life, i just imagine the ladies that go into relationships with you, you obviously use them as 'se.x object'' and dump them, going on to the next available one. Too sad that they cannot see through, those fake smiles and corky attitude.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by pkv(m): 1:23am On Nov 02, 2011
ronkebp:

You do not have to paint women as 'gold diggers' in your post, before i can perceive you infering that in your statements. I will gladly lecture you on how men tie women down, since you don't know.

You see!! am so right to say, you are bitter, and you have a bitter feeling and attitude towards women, you are such a chauvinist, that do not see anything good in a woman, all you do is talk/ write about, women doing this, marraige is that blabla and bla. Dude, like i said, i do not know the calibre of women and men you have been hanging out with or dating. There are some men that look at their relationships/marraige and are grateful for who they have in a girlfriend or wife. You have the ''wrongest'' attitude towards marraige, that is ssooooo wrong. Marraige is all about having a family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, family!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something to call your own, wife to call your own, children to call your own. I am not trying to change your mentality( which is really messed-up) about marraige, but just letting you know what some of us see marraige as.
And am so glad for the 'ONE' in my life, i just imagine the ladies that go into relationships with you, you obviously use them as 'se.x object'' and dump them, going on to the next available one. Too sad that they cannot see through, those fake smiles and corky attitude.
try him u wont regret it!
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by emmatok(m): 1:57am On Nov 02, 2011
ronkebp:

You are so predictable!!!

Immediately someone say something you don't agree with, you quickly spin it around .

My friend, stop judging people by your own ideology.

Every Married man i know complain about it - but it is their cross .

If i decide not marry that is my choice.

I heard that Kim Kardashian will file for divorce  after 72 days of marriage.

That is marriage for you-Just a contract and noting else.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by dabrake(m): 2:09am On Nov 02, 2011
ronkebp:

chei!!!!!!! Wetin i no go read 4 this online beer parlour again?
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by harakiri(m): 3:56am On Nov 02, 2011
emmatok:

Immediately someone say something you don't agree with, you quickly spin it around .

My friend, stop judge people by your own ideology.

Abeg, no mind dat woman jare. Even from the way she types and the gibberish she's flooding this place with, it's easy to tell she isn't the "brightest of the bunch". Her last comment is so dumb,dense and reetarded that i wouldn't glorify it with an answer. I'd rather discuss politics with a random lunatic on the street.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ronkebp(f): 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2011
emmatok:

Emmatok, whatever anyone does with her/his life is 'their' business. Let me be predictable, i love it that way, if you like marry, that is your effing business, it is not going to make me darker or lighter. and it would not put food on my table. Stay off my post!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ronkebp(f): 2:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
harakiri:

Abeg, no mind dat woman jare. Even from the way she types and the gibberish she's flooding this place with, it's easy to tell she isn't the "brightest of the bunch". Her last comment is so dumb,dense and reetarded that i wouldn't glorify it with an answer. I'd rather discuss politics with a random lunatic on the street.

Harakiri, you are the biggest looser i have ever perceived. You feel you are so intelligent that you do not see sense IN another person's post, because you are ''senseless''. So all the grammer you type and the conjunctions you use and the way you highlight whatever nonsense you type, qualifies you as an intelligent person?? then you are the biggest fool that has ever existed.

Any person that is conceited in his own ways, and feel that his/her way is right even when they are obviously wrong is a big fool.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What is so spectacular about your life that any sane person would want to emulate. You live a freaking boring and worthless life, God you no worship, girl frd/ wife you no get, children you don't have, sense you don't have, eyes and ears !!! mbanu!!!!. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! LOOOSER!!!!!!!!!!!

you will always be the one to cast the first stone of insults, we know the type of people they are, worthless idiots. I have just started with you, If you pass anyform of insult at me again, since you can not argue like a civilised, intelligent fool you claim to be, am so ready for your ugly azz. ONIRANU!!! OSHI!!!
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by ronkebp(f): 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2011
emmatok:

AM BACK TO YOUR POST, WHO SAYS MARRAIGE IS SUPPOSED TO BE PROBLEM FREE,? IN WHICH DICTIONARY OR LITERATURE DID YOU SEE THAT? ALL MARRAIGES, AND I REPEAT ALL, MARRAIGES ARE FULL OF PROBLEMS AND IT TAKES ''MATURITY'' TO BE ABLE TO SOLVE MARITAL PROBLEMS. THAT IS WHAT '' REAL MEN WITH SENESES'' ARE SAYING ON THIS POST.
Re: What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? by emmatok(m): 4:20pm On Nov 02, 2011
ronkebp:

AM BACK TO YOUR POST, WHO SAYS MARRAIGE IS SUPPOSED TO BE PROBLEM FREE,? IN WHICH DICTIONARY OR LITERATURE DID YOU SEE THAT? ALL MARRAIGES, AND I REPEAT ALL, MARRAIGES ARE FULL OF PROBLEMS AND IT TAKES ''MATURITY'' TO BE ABLE TO SOLVE MARITAL PROBLEMS. THAT IS WHAT '' REAL MEN WITH SENESES'' ARE SAYING ON THIS POST.

OH SHUT-UP.

What real men are you talking about,

The real man that marries, divorce and remarries just to be acceptable to the society.

The real man that beat his wife silly just to prove he is THE MAN.

You keep revolving around Real Man and Marriage as if life is all about marriage.

Marriage is just a contract and anybody can go into it.

But Real Man knows what he wants and go for it, irrespective of what the society dictates.

A Real Man accept his success and failures and blame nobody for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog / Can I Make Entry In Any Welfare Office In Nigeria? / Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.