Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 (42672 Views)

Igbo Language Spoken In Equatorial Guinea / List Of Igbo Dialects And Where They Are Spoken In Igboland / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2023
Offpointng:

Broo that noise is just too much, Kilode.

The other day one was bragging Igbos are rich and own 90% of private jet in Nigeria blabla until I checked in at Hangar list of Private jets owners in Nigeria and saw only 5 Igbo business men own Private jet whilst Yoruba business men who own PJ are bout 10. Yet you won't see an Average Yoruba brag bout frivolities as such

undecided

Most of the boast is just plain empty and unsubstantiated chest-beating. Many just deliver it from their guts without ever checking for data and facts; they just employ anecdotes!

The data I have seen definitely shows Yorubas run most industries in Nigeria. It is almost a monopoly!

8 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 11:25am On Dec 08, 2023
TinubuNG:
Yes it is , if you don't look at it from hatred angle wink . Data didn't say the most spoken Nigeria language in US but in Africa as a whole

Yoruba remain the best in Africa.

Low IQ, you could not check before making empty boast?

The most spoken African language in the US is Amharic, dimwit!

Unemployable "yoot"!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by ShangTsung000: 11:25am On Dec 08, 2023
Igboslayer:
You be mo.ron which part of Igbo land una develop?. You should be ashamed of yourself that 5 state governors of the east couldn't develop a land mass just about the size of Oyo state.

Excuse me sir, I'm busy at the moment. Try maybe when are dead or something.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 11:26am On Dec 08, 2023
tommy589:

Tribes with their sporting strength. Do you know of any Igbo representing in table tennis from time immemorial? It is Yoruba sport grin

Hmmm!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LooneyLester: 11:27am On Dec 08, 2023
US issa shit hole

Go to any LATAM or EU country and do this , Igbo is more than yellow bars

I've met more igbos in Bogota than yellow bars

How many igbos actually like US??

Most Anambra men avoid US

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by ShangTsung000: 11:27am On Dec 08, 2023
TinubuNG:
In a more serious note, Igbo are the father of bigotry and that's the truth

2023 election is a case study. Tinubu lost in some SW state and funniest part,Lagos State while Obi cleared all SE States with average of 85-90% , think am if that's not tribalism enough.

It's never tribalism fam. Yorubas are the most tribalistic people in Nigeria. Quote me anywhere. You guys are always rubbing it on pipo
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 11:29am On Dec 08, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:
Something is currently going on in his country between Yoruba and Igbo and no one is talking about it……..😀 every post na tribal war like this oooooo

It is just a few mooorons that the useless NL people allowed on the platform and allow to flourish, while banning those who try to stop them.

In reality and real life, most Igbos and Yorubas get along quite well.

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by criuze(m): 11:30am On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

Why are you this sttttupid?

W
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 11:32am On Dec 08, 2023
Kog45:
Listening to Old Ebenezer Obey,Sunny Ade,Sikiru Ayinde and of recently K1 de Ultimate songs then you will agree that Yorubas are many in the States,no need arguing it.They are the first Nigeria travelers to UK and United States.

I visited Igbomina Yoruba village in Kwara state but to my surprised checking the village archives,their sons and daughters have been traveling to United States and UK since 1940s for education.

What kind of dimwitted illiterate mooron are you for God sake.

AHHH! Our schools have really failed o!

Completely unemployable "yoot"!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by viodemus: 11:32am On Dec 08, 2023
A very skewed list.

They are going by people that need interpreting in courts or other services.

Sometimes some yorubas use their language to claim ignorance or naivete during a crime case or immigration case. Most igbos will go with the english in court hearing.

It is not evidence of who is more there.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2023
ajepako:

Hausa people prefer United Kingdom

My observation though

Which UK?

They prefer even Sudan over UK.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by ariesbull: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2023
Pristine664:

Lol the only available West African Language in my school in Canada is Yoruba

It's either you click Yoruba or you don't click any west African language.
Canada isn't USA
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 11:34am On Dec 08, 2023
casualobserver:

The way Ibos carry on in the US, you will think they are the only Nigerians in the US. They are just loud!!

Yorubas are loud in speaking!

Igbos are loud in chest-beating!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Lightorder: 11:35am On Dec 08, 2023
opamoses1:
Some 🤡s like to say "Yorubas don't travel".

We just don't travel to unsafe regions. That's all.
skunks like you know that Yoruba travel and like to live in other people's land but wouldn't let whoever lives in thier own land rest.

Don't come out to vote if you are not Yoruba but wouldn't stay home .
Why wouldn't your language top the list while you make the loudest noise , everywhere you go
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by enemyofprogress: 11:36am On Dec 08, 2023
Igbos will dispute this claim

I wonder how some men feel after sending 10k to their girlfriend 😎 I just send 1k an am not breathing well since yesterday
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by casualobserver: 11:37am On Dec 08, 2023
profmallor:
Yorubas dont have that hustling, get it by all means attitude, so they are concentrated at mostly relatively what you would call advanced societies. Yorubas also rarely are boastful, so you tend to believe they are docile, but its not true, they know and see things and act only when they need too.

Typically average Yoruba man is motivated by education and status in society. The average Ibo man is motivated by money. Respect in Yoruba society is not achieved by money but by having a Noble profession. The average yoruba man seeks to have a Noble profession and it is usually their wives that are the hustlers…probably explaining why yoruba women are very aggressive. Most of the best yoruba brains produced between1970 and 1990 are unable to practice their highly sought professions in Nigeria so it is no surprise many yoruba professionals are abroad. Doctors, engineers etc. professionals also tend to be a quiet reserved group. So unless you take a poll you may not know how many actually exist as they are not given to noise making.

7 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by casualobserver: 11:37am On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

Yorubas are loud in speaking!

Igbos are loud in chest-beating!

Ibos are loud in everything..plus they have a habit of going to other peoples’ land and making noise bragging about their “achievements in other peoples’ land whereas Yorubas and other tribes respect themselves as visitors. If you count the number of Nigerian born mayors or politicians in America I am sure there are more Yorubas but the way Ibos carry on you will think every black mayor of politician in America is an Ibo man.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by reddingtonblack: 11:40am On Dec 08, 2023
ShangTsung000:

You should also know that Igbos are more enlightened than the Yorubas. We develop our areas and theirs too. They should also learn to appreciate too.

Are you aware the 1st, territiary institution, Hospital, Television station and 1st noble laureate emerged from the west (Yoruba)

Before East saw Light, electricity as being ON and working in the West and the 1st woman to drive an automobile in Nigeria is yoruba.

The 1st man to travel round the world is yoruba. i can go on and on

Your forefathers and fathers studied in prestigious school in the West. go n verify

When it comes to fashionista, yorubas dominate the industry.

Maybe you need to lookup the dictionary for the real definition of "enlightened", besides west is an abbreviation of Westernization you are trying so hard to cloutchase kiddo

9 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Bishopsgate(m): 11:40am On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

I really struggle to believe there are more Yorubas in the USA than Igbos.

I am suspecting maybe Yorubas just teach their kids their indigenous language more than Igbos.

There are more Yorubas in the UK than Igbo. I struggle to believe that is also the case in the USA.

It's not so implausible that there are more Yoruba speakers in the US than Igbo speakers because quite a higher percentage of Igbos in Lagos grew up being able to speak Yoruba, while there are much fewer Yoruba that can speak Igbo.

So in completing the census info, Igbos who can speak Yoruba will add to Yoruba speakers more than Yorubas will add to Igbo Speakers.

Just come to Lagos and conduct a little sample to check the veracity of my submission and you'll see that it is quite very likely true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by engrpheleeks(m): 11:41am On Dec 08, 2023
Giveaway! Giveaway!! Giveaway!!!

Men, this is for you. Join the picture challenge for a chance to win 10k.

All you need to do is follow Perry Izuu Iwuoha and share his posts. Then you can become the winner.

https://www.facebook.com/100057394153210/posts/842937977629333/?app=fbl
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 11:42am On Dec 08, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

They rarely leave Naija o.

That's where quota system favours them.

Check well, you'll find out that the Fulani speakers are not Nigerians.

Our harbowkeys like to stay where everything is handed to them on a gold platter.

Nonsense!

They rarely leave because:

1. They do not have the prerequisite educational levels (many Nigerians leave via education route)
2. They are not great at the language of the West (They start of learning Arabic more than English)
3. The religion is number one and everything to them; even more than self and familial well-being (Hence, would not want to mix with infidels in power; they would rather head for a Muslim nation)
4. They are poor and cannot afford travelling (Northerners are the poorest in Nigeria).
5. Poor education and strong hierarchical systems leads to accepting fate of being at the bottom and destitute (only few are the top are enlightened and enjoying like Kings; including enjoying Quota System with their family)

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Nwaajasa: 11:43am On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

I really struggle to believe there are more Yorubas in the USA than Igbos.

I am suspecting maybe Yorubas just teach their kids their indigenous language more than Igbos.

There are more Yorubas in the UK than Igbo. I struggle to believe that is also the case in the USA.
the topic is not about which language is more in number but the one more spoken, you and I know that Igbos don't like to speak Igbo to their brothers and even their children at home like other tribes, so more than 85% of Igbos here don't speak Igbo, Do you know that even in our Igbo meetings here we still speak English
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by ShangTsung000: 11:44am On Dec 08, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Are you aware the 1st, territiary institution, Hospital, Television station and 1st noble laureate emerged from the west (Yoruba)

Before East saw Light, electricity as being ON and working in the West and the 1st woman to drive an automobile in Nigeria is yoruba.

The 1st man to travel round the world is yoruba. i can go on and on

Your forefathers and fathers studied in prestigious school in the West. go n verify

When it comes to fashionista, yorubas dominate the industry.

Maybe you need to lookup the dictionary for the real definition of "enlightened", besides west is an abbreviation of Westernization you are trying so hard to cloutchase kiddo

Old man, let's talk about the present.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by GoodGovernance: 11:44am On Dec 08, 2023
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 11:44am On Dec 08, 2023
profmallor:
Yorubas dont have that hustling, get it by all means attitude, so they are concentrated at mostly relatively what you would call advanced societies. Yorubas also rarely are boastful, so you tend to believe they are docile, but its not true, they know and see things and act only when they need too.

Yorubas have refined pride.

They are very proud, but not in an annoying and nauseating way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by reddingtonblack: 11:45am On Dec 08, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Igbos will dispute this claim

I wonder how some men feel after sending 10k to their girlfriend 😎 I just send 1k an am not breathing well since yesterday

Relax EP, their is no way she can make progress with your 1k in these present Nigeria.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 11:47am On Dec 08, 2023
ShangTsung000:

It's never tribalism fam. Yorubas are the most tribalistic people in Nigeria. Quote me anywhere. You guys are always rubbing it on pipo

Igbos are the tribe that have problems with too many tribes hating them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by reddingtonblack: 11:47am On Dec 08, 2023
ShangTsung000:

Old man, let's talk about the present.

cool, but 1st and foremost what defines your "enlightened"
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 11:48am On Dec 08, 2023
viodemus:
A very skewed list.

They are going by people that need interpreting in courts or other services.

Sometimes some yorubas use their language to claim ignorance or naivete during a crime case or immigration case. Most igbos will go with the english in court hearing.

It is not evidence of who is more there.

Moronic view!

Useless "yoot"!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Eze Eri & His Chiefs Wearing Jewish Apparel (Photos) / Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) / Highlighting Two Igbo Deities And Their Significance To Their Followers (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.