Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 (42642 Views)

Igbo Language Spoken In Equatorial Guinea / List Of Igbo Dialects And Where They Are Spoken In Igboland / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2023
siant:
That's the believe of chest beaters. They always claim that na Yoruba plenty pass Igbo in UK, but na them Igbo get US.
I don't know where they get their statistic. Bunch of illiterates!

I really must have fallen for this chest-beating this time. grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by osothermal(m): 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
Pristine664:

What I understand when they say Yorubas don't travel is... "Yorubas don't constitute nuisance wherever they are" cool
Are you sure? Some I know in the UK constitute more than nuisance
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

You are a cretin, why would you ask me such?

Why not ask me why South Africa represents whites, reetard?

You just made up shit from your ass and thought "Wow! See sense!". grin grin grin grin
fo@l why would you ask what you asked?
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

It is not completely nonsensical. I included it when I said ".....enjoying Quota System with their family".

The point is that, the Core North has a far larger proportion of poor and mentality that limits them and directs them more to Arab/Islam.

Northerners don't train their kids. Only a few top Northerners do. A large fraction end up with Almajiri .............and now we are seeing bandits biting them for not developing their people.

By the way, MC Oluomo's kids are in USA to study. That is agbero family going to the USA. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Elite Agbero na!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeonSaab:
fo@l why would you ask what you asked?

Cretin, so you now want to utilise obfuscation to distract from your moronic use of Lagos as proof "Yorubas voted massively for Peter Obi"?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You no fit try am. Your IQ is not that high.

Accept you are retarded with that claim and I will go gentle on you. cheesy
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
YoungBlackRico:

You decided to have a few more brain cells light up in a very short period of time abi? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

Elite Agbero na!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by drmuri(m): 1:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
walefresh3:
naa sonone your stupid brother talk say una igbos plenty pass yorubas for north ?

I come tall sey because una dey park una sele for one market make una think so...

Igbo no even reach half 9f yorubas in the north..
Exactly!
Yorubas are generally more accepted in the north, hence the reside amongst the local populace.unlike Igbos who lump themselves into Sabongari.
Moreover, most Yorubas dress like Hausas, peak the language fluently. You may mistake them for indigenes

2 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Frankobenn: 1:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
But your father lives in Ekiti, he hasn't crossed to Benin Republic before

Wolexyoshi:
Smiles. You Igbos sha like to dey compete with Yorubas with your "Dot in the circle population" 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

Elite Agbero na!

Another evidence of Agbero with visa.

https://www.nairaland.com/7927558/portable-excited-he-witnesses-snow

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

Another evidence of Agbero with visa.

https://www.nairaland.com/7927558/portable-excited-he-witnesses-snow

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Portable no be Agbero o....Na complete weyrey!

2 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 1:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

Portable no be Agbero o....Na complete weyrey!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Pauliaette(m): 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
Which language is called Akan?
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
Pauliaette:
Which language is called Akan?

Ghanaian Twi/Ashanti and other similar ones with dialects spreading into of CIV as majority tribe.

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by ASAPFERG: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

I know poverty normally comes hand-in-hand with stupidity.

Since you are a moooron, I know you are poor and are very likely to die with your family young. grin
you shall celebrate christmas in sorrow cheesy
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by iReddington: 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
ShangTsung000:

You should also know that Igbos are more enlightened than the Yorubas. We develop our areas and theirs too. They should also learn to appreciate too.
Deluded airheads, You have been brainwashed, enlightened kwa grin...your ancestors were roaming in the bushes naked and making Animal sounds on trees while Yoruba were living in modest houses and wearing regal traditional attires, you guys are many centuries behind the Yorubas in civilization and enlightenment.

The Yoruba picture was in 1920 while the Igbo picture below was 1921 grin These are well documented history and images you can source yourself. In other words; Go and Verify!

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Juniorangel(m): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
Always measuring dîìck with irrelevant things...
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
ASAPFERG:
you shall celebrate christmas in sorrow cheesy

Your poverty and low IQ from being jobless and wasting your life opening threads to attack Igbos already shows you would die if you have any illness.

I am sure that applies to your wider family too.

No job, no money, no healthcare, no safety. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by femisplash: 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

And so?

African migrants cannot overstay visa and live and work in the US?

Only those that illegally cross borders are allowed or able to live and work illegally without documents?
If they overstayed visa, have they not been already documented?. Abeg rest.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Igboslayer: 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2023
ShangTsung000:

Excuse me sir, I'm busy at the moment. Try maybe when are dead or something.
Person wey don die already! Ponkrinyoo.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by chemicalwasiu(m): 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

I really struggle to believe there are more Yorubas in the USA than Igbos.

I am suspecting maybe Yorubas just teach their kids their indigenous language more than Igbos.

There are more Yorubas in the UK than Igbo. I struggle to believe that is also the case in the USA.

1. You struggle to eat
2. You struggle to pay house rent
3. You struggle to survive
Yet you still struggle to believe this. My bro, when will you stop struggling?
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2023
femisplash:

If they overstayed visa, have they not been already documented?. Abeg rest.

What a moronic statement!!!

Why do you people like to grasp at straws instead of accepting your folly and learning?

https://immigrantsrising.org/resource/defining-undocumented/

You must not carry last?
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by AbujaLagos: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
BlackhatMentor:
Is this supposed to be an achievement?
ask your data balance
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
chemicalwasiu:

1. You struggle to eat
2. You struggle to pay house rent
3. You struggle to survive
Yet you still struggle to believe this. My bro, when will you stop struggling?

Cretin, I can buy you and your father if they made slavery legal today.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by megautche: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
Most likely due to Oluwole back in the days.
adamusuleiman1:
As reported by the US Census Bureau:

Yoruba: 207,252
Akan: 149,510
Igbo: 117,118
Fulani: 28,100
Wolof: 25,529

Source:
https://data.census.gov/mdat/#/search?ds=ACSPUMS1Y2022&rv=LANP&wt=PWGTP
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2023
megautche:
Most likely due to Oluwole back in the days.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by chemicalwasiu(m): 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

Cretin, I can buy you and your father if they made slavery legal today.

After
1. You struggle to pass jamb
2. Struggle to pay school fees
3. Struggle to graduate
4. Struggle to serve
5. Struggle to get a job
6. You will struggle to save 100k and you want to buy someone.
HAPPY STRUGGLING
Hope you are not struggling to buy 40mb data
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by atobs4real(m): 2:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Better to be a drug pusher that sells the supply to others than be a ritualistic unrepentant dubious Afonjizy ready to use their brothers and sisters for rituals that won't amount to N20,000
See the real ritualist.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Omoawoke2(m): 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

Yeah, I know Maryland is Yoruba.

And I know Dallas is Igbo.

Well, we can see the difference in the census. Yoruba speaking is 2 times Igbo

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Omoawoke2(m): 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Ogun state is literally the capital of human sacrifice in Nigeria

Imo, Enugu , Abia listed among ritual killers too from what you posted

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Eze Eri & His Chiefs Wearing Jewish Apparel (Photos) / Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.