Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 (42673 Views)

Igbo Language Spoken In Equatorial Guinea / List Of Igbo Dialects And Where They Are Spoken In Igboland / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Nonybb: 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2023
Pristine664:

Yoruba triple Igbo population in US and Canada. Stop capping!

It is carping not capping
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2023
TinubuNG:
Can your brain ever process anything aside insult , you clearly need help.

Well, you try and allow your brain to process before you make public pronouncements.

It is what smart, well-educated people do.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gerrard59(m): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2023
Ballmer:
This is how you fools dish out stat that makes no sense. When the count is done you will be far off so rest n shut your foolish mouth till a verifiable count is done or if you wager now who wan do the count ?

You think I wager your Igbo bigoted father doing a count for me to accept ?! Rest abeg.

I have no time to address your foolish way of reasoning. I am not the cause of your frustration. For readers, I had to quote your post:

- https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/535667/every-human-intention-by-dreux-richard/

- https://www.japantimes.co.jp/community/2011/07/19/issues/japans-nigerians-pay-price-for-prosperity/

The majority of Nigerians in Japan, East Asia's second biggest economy and one-time biggest, are Igbos. That should not be different from the rest of the sub-continent.

Now, go ahead and argue with the Japanese, bloody riff-raff!

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2023
Never4getU:

Are you pained

Sorry it's not the fault of the Yorubas for ur lost both at home and abroad... Yoruba to the world.

We're Omoluabi. We don't travel to cause nuisance but live a dignifying life unlike my igbo folks that like to export madness and display stupidity at a glare

Another certified moooron!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
johnjose68:

The I.gbos are usurpers.

They can also take up the names of the natives, not because they love the native or the tribe, but because they want to hijack those people's community and land.

Thats why you will see the first coup plotter, Nzeogu bearing Kaduna in his name: Kaduna Nzeogu.

When you see an ig.bo man bearing your native native name, please be careful.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are dangerous!!!!!!

They know they have a very bad and unproductive land, so they go all out to hijack peoples land in subtlety....they tried that in Porthacourt (those ones know them and will not take shit from them).

They are so proud to the extent that they will NOT appreciate the host. They will rather insult and even boast and brag about it!!!!!

Such a tribe.

I have an Indian friend who surprisingly knows the I.gbo tribe for what and who they are...Fraudsters. Imagine!!!!!!!!!

You are a pure mooooron!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
seunny4lif:

German government for the past 5 years have been changing their every time to make foreigners come to Germany, on education or Skills due to shortage of professional skill.
Lang is the reason many people go UK, Canada, USA etc

Very true!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by TinubuNG: 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

Well, you try and allow your brain to process before you make public pronouncements.

It is what smart, well-educated people do.
Only low IQ individual come to the public to force his hogwash opinion on others.

Like I said, you need help and sadly , I can't help you.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Mrnairalandd: 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

Struggle to believe that, men.

Always thought:

UK - Yoruba
US - Igbo

This is coming from someone that has lived in UK, US and Ireland, trust me, the Igbo population is not even close to 1/4 of Yoruba population in USA, UK and Ireland. I am 100% sure of this…

98% Nigerian businesses in UK, USA, Ireland, Australia are owned by the Yorubas.

If you go to gym, schools, churches, universities even Asia stores, all you ll be hearing is a Yoruba language. 100% truth!

It got so good in UK and some places in USA that the hospital leaflets are written in Yoruba, French Arabic, Chinese as well as English Language

2 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Sunnyski: 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
That means the Yorubas have flooded America and abandoned their Ojujuwa Rape-public
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
QueenDima47:

When they say Yorubas don't travel what it means that Yorubas don't add any economic values where they go.

Many countries don't see selling drugs to their under-aged kids as "economic values (sic)".

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2023
ASAPFERG:
that animal tribe is cursed anshould be exterminated.

i hate them die

Your useless family and gene should be exterminated.

Retarded bastard!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
QueenDima47:

When they say Yorubas don't travel what it means that Yorubas don't add any economic values where they go.
lol who is given you all this zobo to drink? Most of the black doctors and nurses in the US are Yoruba but for your small mind we no dey add economic value? Shebi when you come here for medical tourism you will open that your dirty mouth to tell us we don't add value.....let's see if you no go back naija with the problem you carry come......🤣🤣😂

2 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gerrard59(m): 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
TinubuNG:
In a more serious note, Igbo are the father of bigotry and that's the truth

2023 election is a case study. Tinubu lost in some SW state and funniest part,Lagos State while Obi cleared all SE States with average of 85-90% , think am if that's not tribalism enough.

Tinubu only lost in Osun and Lagos. The former was a close call because of the governor's ties with Atiku. The latter was because of the state's cosmopolitan nature. Yorubas overwhelmingly voted for Tinubu. Please don't lie. The figures are widely available on the Internet.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2023
Ballmer:
This is how you fools dish out stat that makes no sense. When the count is done you will be far off so rest n shut your foolish mouth till a verifiable count is done or if you wager now who wan do the count ?

You think I wager your Igbo bigoted father doing a count for me to accept ?! Rest abeg.

Stop talking nonsense. He is right!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

Nonsense!

They rarely leave because:

1. They do not have the prerequisite educational levels (many Nigerians leave via education route)
2. They are not great at the language of the West (They start of learning Arabic more than English)
3. The religion is number one and everything to them; even more than self and familial well-being (Hence, would not want to mix with infidels in power; they would rather head for a Muslim nation)
4. They are poor and cannot afford travelling (Northerners are the poorest in Nigeria).
5. Poor education and strong hierarchical systems leads to accepting fate of being at the bottom and destitute (only few are the top are enlightened and enjoying like Kings; including enjoying Quota System with their family)

Are the agberos of Lagos going to the US?

Are the touts of Nkpor going?

Take a chill pill, man!

Even if what I wrote appears nonsense to you, can I argue that it's not completely nonsensical, at least?

The poor of all tribes are rarely able to leave Nigeria. It's the relatively well-off who do. Now, you see even the rich Hausa-Fulani? They don't go anywhere. They have all they need here, to the detriment of everyone else.

How many rich Yorubas do you know who don't have a family member in Europe or North America?

We love sending our kids there to study and excel. The Northerners will train their kids and ensure they are well-placed right here with jobs, contracts, etc. After all, the system favours them.

See my point?

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gerrard59:

Tinubu only lost in Osun and Lagos. The former was a close call because of the governor's ties with Atiku. The latter was because of the state's cosmopolitan nature. Yorubas overwhelmingly voted for Tinubu. Please don't lie. The figures are widely available on the Internet.
Yorubas voted massively fir Obi as well but for the guy small mind ba only igbos wey dey Lagos vote Obi......

2 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Meti99(m): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
I'm sure Yoruba speakers are triple that figure..when a thorough research is conducted
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gerrard59:

I have no time to address your foolish way of reasoning. I am not the cause of your frustration. For readers, I had to quote your post:

- https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/535667/every-human-intention-by-dreux-richard/

- https://www.japantimes.co.jp/community/2011/07/19/issues/japans-nigerians-pay-price-for-prosperity/

The majority of Nigerians in Japan, East Asia's second biggest economy and one-time biggest, are Igbos. That should not be different from the rest of the sub-continent.

Now, go ahead and argue with the Japanese, bloody riff-raff!

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/community/2011/07/19/issues/japans-nigerians-pay-price-for-prosperity/

Amazing: "Union president Honorable Okeke Christian Kevin knows he has inherited an image problem that verges on unfixable"
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gerrard59(m): 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeonSaab:
Yorubas voted massively fir Obi as well but for the guy small mind ba only igbos wey dey Lagos vote Obi......

Well, the numbers have it that Peter Obi did not come second outside Lagos, which is a cosmopolitan state, in the south west. So one can say that Yorubas did not vote for him. That is what the numbers are saying. More Yorubas voted for Atiku than Obi. Not like I am surprised as I did not expect Yorubas to vote for an Igbo man especially when the main contender is also Yoruba: https://www.nairaland.com/7225545/why-peter-obi-step-down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
TinubuNG:
Only low IQ individual come to the public to force his hogwash opinion on others.

Like I said, you need help and sadly , I can't help you.

I didn't force an opinion on you. I brutalised your dimwitted ass with facts.

Stop talking like a bitch. Women are the ones who say "That is your opinion" when a fact they don't like is presented to quash their foolish arguments.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
Mrnairalandd:

This is coming from someone that has lived in UK, US and Ireland, trust me, the Igbo population is not even close to 1/4 of Yoruba population in USA, UK and Ireland. I am 100% sure of this…

98% Nigerian businesses in UK, USA, Ireland, Australia are owned by the Yorubas.

If you go to gym, schools, churches, universities even Asia stores, all you ll be hearing is a Yoruba language. 100% truth!

It got so good in UK and some places in USA that the hospital leaflets are written in Yoruba, French Arabic, Chinese as well as English Language

I am sure you are pulling figures from thin air!
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gerrard59(m): 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/community/2011/07/19/issues/japans-nigerians-pay-price-for-prosperity/

Amazing: "Union president Honorable Okeke Christian Kevin knows he has inherited an image problem that verges on unfixable"

Because the majority who came then overstayed their visas and broke Japanese laws. Immigration laws have been tightened, and the newer generation is better off and come in via structured routes.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by ASAPFERG: 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gamesmart:

Retarded bastard!
useless omo nna
iku ojiji lo ma pa e
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by tyinfinity: 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2023
Emeka change his name to Collins in
Chukwuka change his name to fidelis
Obiageli change her name to Vivian
Chimamanda change her name to Olivia
Eberechukwu change her name to Yvonne
Ifunaya change her name to destiny
Igbo are not proud of their culture

2 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Offpointng: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2023
ASAPFERG:
that animal tribe is cursed anshould be exterminated.

i hate them die

They hate us to cuz eyes see shege for Enugu. I hope the love come around someday
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol who is given you all this zobo to drink? Most of the black doctors and nurses in the US are Yoruba but for your small mind we no dey add economic value? Shebi when you come here for medical tourism you will open that your dirty mouth to tell us we don't add value.....let's see if you no go back naija with the problem you carry come......🤣🤣😂

Which medical tourism?

You think such a foool would have the money?

Person we go die if she becomes seriously sick; and add to the lowering of the official Nigerian life expectancy age.

1 Like

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Gamesmart: 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gerrard59:

Close call or far call, a non-Yoruba beat a Yoruba in core Yoruba land.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by LeonSaab: 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gerrard59:

Well, the numbers have it that Peter Obi did not come second outside Lagos, which is a cosmopolitan state, in the south west. So one can say that Yorubas did not vote for him. That is what the numbers are saying. More Yorubas voted for Atiku than Obi. Not like I am surprised as I did not expect Yorubas to vote for an Igbo man especially when the main contender is also Yoruba: https://www.nairaland.com/7225545/why-peter-obi-step-down
so you mean to tell me that it was only igbos in Lagos that voted Obi that he got 500k+ votes and my focus is on Lagos not the whole SW, as the what i quoted had a focus on Lagos, and when the results came out you people were shouting up and down how you take Lagos for governorship.....even in a broader sense self in the SW as a whole how many igbos do you think voted for obi in the entire southwest.....cause i'm sure if you check Yorubas voted more for him in the SW than igbos living in the SW......you people rig yourself in the SE and are claiming we support our own.....which politician in this world can you point to that gas a 95% approval rating when it's not jazz? But obi pulled it off in the SE and the rest of us kept quite and let you have it cause your small children like that let it not be said we took your biscuit......but that don't mean we are fools.

2 Likes

Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by ASAPFERG: 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
[quote author=Gamesmart post=127378621]

Retarded bastard![/quoteand they have destroyed the reputation of nigeria there with their nuisance behaviour.

useless criminal tribe.
Re: Top Five West African Languages Spoken In The United States - 2022 by Higherthan: 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
ShangTsung000:

It's never tribalism fam. Yorubas are the most tribalistic people in Nigeria. Quote me anywhere. You guys are always rubbing it on pipo
Goat is on everyone mention olofo Omo wretched being wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Eze Eri & His Chiefs Wearing Jewish Apparel (Photos) / Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) / Highlighting Two Igbo Deities And Their Significance To Their Followers (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.