Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital (28014 Views)

Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! / Recent Images of Abeokuta Rail Terminal and the Surrounding Areas / Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by Quebec91(m): 10:33am On Dec 10, 2023
Abiòoo cheesy
eliwa47:
We have seen it, and this is not new if you ask me.
But Lagos has been tough on many, I am lagosian, lived in Lagos for almost 21yrs, but presently resident in osogbo, I will tell you life is good in osun state, Road, water, electricity, business and name it.

Skyscrapers won't put food on my table undecided

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by SonOfDSoil01: 10:47am On Dec 10, 2023
Emetex22:

They won't understand, they will soon tag u IPOB or hater, truth is that Lagos holds enormous potential but a mediocre compared to similar metropolis in Africa. The blur and red lines is an excellent step, hopefully our leaders get it right
smiley we all can see where the hate is coming from, if you are really honest with your views, then we must give state govt some accolades. Regardless of wherever u come from, lagos is faced with the challenge of mass migration from all over the country.

I am an indigene of lagos, born and bred, and it was quite serene not up until the mid 19s when we started have mass influx of people even when the capital had already been moved to abuja. Lagos has been a place that has attracted so many people over the years and the Govt in their thinking, are upgrading our transport infrastures .

If state from wherever it is you came from where doing the same, will there be need for people move out of there place? Now compare the population of lagos to those countries you mentioned and mind you lagos is just a sub national, and you comparing it with countries or cities with lesser population? Make una dey try use una brain think sometimes angry

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by tollyboy5(m): 10:49am On Dec 10, 2023
Pristine664:

I know you are just being mischievous and you are not Yoruba, but the reality is that Ondo State is a wonderful place to live as well.

Whatever unfortunate experience your father had (if there was ever any) in Ondo State is peculiar to your family.
Yes in every area there are people who will still settle down in the deepest village behind several forest.
I'm from Lagos and spending almost a decade in akure seeing the people rejoice whenever they get 8hours light is embarrassing.
Ondo state people always think they're one of the smartest but unfortunately they now appear to look like one of the dumbest in southwest.
How do you celebrate 8hours light and say nepa tried? shocked in a state Capital?
There is nothing nice about ondo state where their governor reside in ibadan cheesy cheesy cheesy
No sensible company here, infact which company will want to stay in a place where 8hours light is the best they could offer? Maybe garri company or so.
My mums hometown ikale is even worst. Ikale/ilaje axis no light for over a decade. Last time i went there i was so worried that i need to leave that place so quick. I even thought it was only those area that has not seen light for over a decade not until i took note of many other areas lol.

Please tell me what is nice about ondo state? is it idanre hill? lol you must be joke.

Seven years ago i remember when i had some complications that almost claimed my life, i managed to get to the state hospital myself only to see that the health workers were on strike.

Ondo state is Rubbish! the only good and functioning thing there is amotekun and idanre hill. If shoprite and chicken rep had knew, they would have chosen osun state but in the past the state was looking like a place with better future only for them to chase dangote refinery away grin grin grin grin.
Now the refinery is close to my hometown in Lagos here.

You can keep lying to yourself that ondo state is working while osun state now surpass ondo state on various economic index. Ondo is now next to her sister ekiti as the porest in southwest.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by RichAbujaGuy: 10:53am On Dec 10, 2023
Dubai 2.0 😁
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:01am On Dec 10, 2023
Mosba:
It's colonial masters that did everything that's why Obi cannot live in Anambra but settled in Lagos to enjoy the fruits of his slave colonial master's labour

You should be worried you don't have sense at your age.

Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by Emetex22(m): 11:04am On Dec 10, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
smiley we all can see where the hate is coming from, if you are really honest with your views, then we must give state govt some accolades. Regardless of wherever u come from, lagos is faced with the challenge of mass migration from all over the country.

I am an indigene of lagos, born and bred, and it was quite serene not up until the mid 19s when we started have mass influx of people even when the capital had already been moved to abuja. Lagos has been a place that has attracted so many people over the years and the Govt in their thinking, are upgrading our transport infrastures .

If state from wherever it is you came from where doing the same, will there be need for people move out of there place? Now compare the population of lagos to those countries you mentioned and mind you lagos is just a sub national, and you comparing it with countries or cities with lesser population? Make una dey try use una brain think sometimes angry
In a sane country, efforts would be made to develop Calabar and Onne ports as Lagos Port, then watch how the migration reverses. People will always say Lagos port was developed by Lagos money, lol, well thats a story for another day. In a country of blind, a one eye man is the King. It is a no brainer why people are not pouring into Ondo, Ogun and Ekiti but choose the overcrowded Lagos.
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by Madeu(m): 11:17am On Dec 10, 2023
Show us ground pictures. No photo-enhanced ones.
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by 7upnigeria: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2023
mejetov422:
I should have said what is on my mind o. But let me mind my business because of our international guest that are here.

Are you afraid of anyone? Shame on you. If they can defend what they believe in, you should also defend what you believe in.
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by tollyboy5(m): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2023
Evolutionism:
Edited Shiiithole.

Where you wan mention for Island down to Epe wey i no know.

Awon Olooorun Smellos.
What is your problem with Epe?
Epe is home to many natives and the place is clean.
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by 7upnigeria: 11:28am On Dec 10, 2023
Kingosytex:

The way you guys bring Obi into everything is baffling.
I had to read the post over and over to see it's connection with Obi but there is none.
If you aren't a kid but an adult then I'm really sorry for you.

The reason we bring him in is because its surprising that someone WITHOUT ANY ACHIEVEMENT IN LIFE could be competing with someone who created the foundation of a greater Lagos all because his people are bullies is very surprising. Go and watch how Nigerians are messing up the whole of Europe by not following laws, same set of people that want to vote Obi. God forbid bad thing.
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by Idoko619(m): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2023
Not seeing dirts....nice edit
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by Idoko619(m): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2023
7upnigeria:

The reason we bring him in is because its surprising that someone WITHOUT ANY ACHIEVEMENT IN LIFE could be competing with someone who created the foundation of a greater Lagos all because his people are bullies is very surprising. Go and watch how Nigerians are messing up the whole of Europe by not following laws, same set of people that want to vote Obi. God forbid bad thing.

You still believe this or you just want to win argument?
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by tollyboy5(m): 11:40am On Dec 10, 2023
Emetex22:

In a sane country, efforts would be made to develop Calabar and Onne ports as Lagos Port, then watch how the migration reverses. People will always say Lagos port was developed by Lagos money, lol, well thats a story for another day. In a country of blind, a one eye man is the King. It is a no brainer why people are not pouring into Ondo, Ogun and Ekiti but choose the overcrowded Lagos.
Putting ondo and ekiti in the same sentence with ogun state is too much.
Alot of people are settling down in ogun state despite the bad roads, what do you think will happen when the roads get fixed? massive settlement. Alot of people are settling down in Oyo state also.
Lagos is not just any one's mate. Why has it take it so long not to develop the sea port in the niger delta is truly that will bring in a reverse change in population migration?
The truth is just that there are visionary leaders in lagos maybe thanks to the mr crook (Tinubu). They didn't rely on the apapa refinery despite being the number one functioning. They went ahead to have a larger sea port on the lekki lagoon axis.
River state monorail lies in ruins while Lagos redline and blueline rail are active. Its about vision this time.
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by Emetex22(m): 11:51am On Dec 10, 2023
tollyboy5:

Putting ondo and ekiti in the same sentence with ogun state is too much.
Alot of people are settling down in ogun state despite the bad roads, what do you think will happen when the roads get fixed? massive settlement. Alot of people are settling down in Oyo state also.
Lagos is not just any one's mate. Why has it take it so long not to develop the sea port in the niger delta is truly that will bring in a reverse change in population migration?
The truth is just that there are visionary leaders in lagos maybe thanks to the mr crook (Tinubu). They didn't rely on the apapa refinery despite being the number one functioning. They went ahead to have a larger sea port on the lekki lagoon axis.
River state monorail lies in ruins while Lagos redline and blueline rail are active. Its about vision this time.
Visionary leaders no doubt is the bane of other states, trust me, I live close to San Francisco and have seen first hand how people left in droves back to their former states of origin despite its strategic position in the economic clime of US, worthy of Note San Francisco is top richest city in US, it all about time, Lagos should enjoy this status and be humble
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by OGrockinnewacct: 11:53am On Dec 10, 2023
The pictures aren’t complete until you include Ketu/Ojota
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by tollyboy5(m): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2023
Emetex22:

Visionary leaders no doubt is the bane of other states, trust me, I live close to San Francisco and have seen first hand how people left in droves back to their former states of origin despite its strategic position in the economic clime of US, worthy of Note San Francisco is top richest city in US, it all about time, Lagos should enjoy this status and be humble
We're indeed humble o! Because the governor is not giving us extra salary for being an indigene.
I honestly want the population in Lagos to reduce that i wish inter state train should be increase like Lagos to Abuja and Lagos to Rivers state.
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by Phantom233: 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2023
Lagos was the former FCT, expect nothing less
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by ClitRaider: 12:10pm On Dec 10, 2023
Philistine:
Good One! Lagos....ancestral home of Binis

No o..

Yebhoes were the first ancestry of Lagos.

Nri, the progenitor of yebhoes first landed in Lagos where he met Badagry fishermens.
Because Nir couldn't savor the beauty of Amala and Ewedu, he later left Lagos for biabia godforsaken land.

Check history.
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by ClitRaider: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2023
OGrockinnewacct:
The pictures aren’t complete until you include Ketu/Ojota

Go include am na?!

Who hold you?

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by OGrockinnewacct: 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2023
ClitRaider:

Go include am na?!

Who hold you?

I no be OP
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by stevups(m): 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
Olachase:
Ogun State could have gotten to this level buh I don't kw what's wrong

Anyway this is Lagos best we are waiting for the better

Like for the betterment of Lagos, 👍👍

Share ti óri è bafè burú

All Govs and leaders that come from Ogun State are mistakes to humanity
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by FreeStuffsNG: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
bhella10:
Eko Akete
Eko Aromire
Greater Lagos Rising.
Eko o ni baje!

You're great!

Lagos the State of Aquatic splendor and centre of excellence.
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by SonOfDSoil01: 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2023
Emetex22:

enough with the excuses abeg, that why your state governor can throw crumbs at you, and you celebrate them. So people are not pouring into ogun and it made it the most industrialized state in the country? And not just ogun, even ibadan so stop saying nonsense. The truth is that, your governor are lazy and cant think outcof the box.

The truth is, lagos has the market and not just the port, onne port and other port are functional and you dont have to come to lagos if thats your reason. Lagos is a progressive state and Sw in general and thats why its still the most progress region in the country. Check most of the NBS stat of GDP and igr aleast you will find 3 Sw states doing well . Sit back home and call your state
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by SonOfDSoil01: 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2023
Emetex22:

enough with the excuses abeg, that why your state governor can throw crumbs at you, and you celebrate them. So people are not pouring into ogun and it made it the most industrialized state in the country? And not just ogun, even ibadan so stop saying nonsense. The truth is that, your governor are lazy and cant think outcof the box.

The truth is, lagos has the market and not just the port, onne port and other port are functional and you dont have to come to lagos if thats your reason. Lagos is a progressive state and Sw in general and thats why its still the most progress region in the country. Check most of the NBS stat of GDP and igr aleast you will find 3 Sw states doing well . Sit back home and call your state govt to account for what they do with your state money..lobatan
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by SonOfDSoil01: 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2023
Menclothing:

That’s Eko Atlantic visit the city
Visit vi ordinary Rccg church there is build as sky scrapper
grin make Una free the village boy nah...its obvious he has never been out of his cave wink
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by ViceGovernor: 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
essentialone:
Show the beautiful places on Lagos Mainland
Dear sir.
Don't embarrass the government 😌 kindly lower the volume pls

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by SonOfDSoil01: 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2023
jaxxy:
A beautiful mess. The agberos on ikoyi, lekki and ajsh axis didn't show from these edited pictures.
wink hypocrite, after you will claim not to be a tribalist grin shamless flat head ibo.....always envious and jealous grin
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by adecz: 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2023
DeepSight:

This is not true. Only Abuja, Kano, Kaduna and Port-Harcourt have a small claim as worthy cities outside of Lag.

Calabar is also cool and quaint but quiet and small.

Owerri

Onitsha

Ibadan

Enugu

Benin

Are all quiet big, but not close to the
scale of the sprawling metropolis of
Lagos..

But the point is that, very few African
countries have more than 2 major
cities and have populations in the
millions like Nigeria.
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by Dshocker(m): 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2023
Mosba:
It's colonial masters that did everything that's why Obi cannot live in Anambra but settled in Lagos to enjoy the fruits of his slave colonial master's labour

Mugu, Obi is based in Onitsha
Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by victor175(m): 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
Meerahbel:
Is this Lagos?
Yes that’s Ajah Lagos

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital by LagosG: 2:12pm On Dec 10, 2023
10mobile:
Catapault, you can do better reporting. Tell us a place in Lagos represented in each photo - like the twin tower. To be honest, I suspect that some of those pictures are not taken even in Africa.

But, if all these are Lagos, even if the photos are over edited, they are good to help us visualize having such a country.
Eko Atlantic city. You should visit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Foods You Should Avoid As A First-time Flyer / Emirate Makes Emergency Landing In Lagos Due To Passenger’s Cocaine Inges / Coronavirus: 23 Nigerian Returnees Arrive Seme Border From Lome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.