Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,696 members, 7,813,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? (14202 Views)

"I Will Win In Court" - Peter Obi Says When Asked If He Will Contest In 2027 / Atiku Promises To Support Wike For President In 2027 / When Next Will President Muhammadu Buhari Dress This Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2023
Is President Bola Tinubu a political deity? Why do some believe that he is unbeatable in 2027?

There's no doubt that the President a core politician and a strategist. He understands dynamics of political movement and plots, and is in firm control of both the government and the APC - his party. These make him a very formidable candidate into the 2027 presidential election - one that should never be taken for granted. In addition to these, the PDP, being the major opposition, is yet to pose any significant opposition to the President and the APC. Despite these, the President is not immune to defeat in the next election cycle in 2027 irrespective of the current state of the PDP.

There are formidable leaders within the APC and the opposition that have what it takes to challenge the President in 2027 - provided that the candidate is supported by a united opposition.

Among those that can potentially unseat the President are;

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan (Bayelsa): He is not new to the political arena due to his laudable performance as president between 2010 and 2015. If he gets the ticket of the opposition, he will not be a hard product to resell to the Nigeria electorates.

Professor Yemi Osinbajo (Ogun): The immediate past VP is not new to Nigerians. His performance as Acting President during the short absence of the former president Buhari earned him the goodwill of Nigerians. Some of these include, the signing the 2017 budget, confirming Justice Walter Onneghen as substantive CJN, dismissing the 'powerful' Lawal Musa Daura from office as the DG DSS for invasion of the National Assembly, and visiting sites of terror attacks unlike his principal that only expressed shock, among others. He enjoys admiration of members of the APC and opposition alike at present

Chief Peter Obi (Anambra): The former Governor of Anambra state successfully led a mass movement of young Nigerians known as the Obidient Movement majorly from PDP to LP, and rode on that platform to secure majority votes in 11 states (including Lagos) and FCT, and secured highest votes in the Southern Nigeria. He also secured majority votes in northern states of Benue, Nasarawa and the FCT. A coalition of opposition forces backing his candidature would likely unseat the President.

Governor Seyi Makinde (Oyo): The Executive Governor of Oyo State enjoys acceptability among young people especially in southern Nigeria. Though he worked for President Tinubu victory in 2023, he doesn't appear to be invested in the APC administration of the President. His laudable performance as Governor is a pointer to his leadership qualities. These make him a viable candidate against the incumbent PBAT in 2027.

From the North, potential challengers with clout include; Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki (Kwara), the acclaimed Nigeria's best Senate President who made a national mark in the Senate, as well as Governor of Kwara State. He enjoys wide popularity among young people in the south and nothcentral. He is a sellable product in the political market

Dr. Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano), the Kano strongman and leader of the popular Kwankwasiya Movement. His time as Governor brought development to Kano state, and his clout is recognized even by his rivals.

May I also add that a potential presidential candidate from the south that seeks to obtain support of the northern leaders and electorates in 2027 must be willing to commit to a single term of four years. That means he should be prepared not to seek reelection in 2031 (should he win 2027).

Conclusively, President Tinubu is not a political pushover, but with strategic planning and cohesive opposition, a victory over him is not impossible.

Admittedly, what Nigerians need is good governance, but one needs a favorable government to design and implement pro-people policies for him to enjoy that good governance. The only way to install such government is through strategic politicking.

Tonye Barcanista

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by chiefolododo(m): 5:44pm On Dec 10, 2023
If the election is free and fair, he cannot win any state

But you know him ...he is ready to grab it and run away with it

Not even when the current Eyeneck chairman is the one in charge

174 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by CoronaVirusPro: 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2023
Sealed!

Nothing born of a woman can stop His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR)

Anyone or party aiming to recontest, should know they are just starting a charity campaign.

His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) remains unmovable, unshakeable and a constant.

Emilokan 2027 is guaranteed!

Isaiah 54:15
Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

54 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2023
Yes he is

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by Maize247(f): 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2023
He's unbeatable

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2023
chiefolododo:

You can't rig where you are not popular

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by nairalanda1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2023
The only way he can be unseated is a strong oppositon alliance, or failing that, a united and strong PDP.

Otherwise, nothing will change.

Personally, I would love it if in 2027, Nigerians voted out PDP and APC, and even LP and NNPP, and vote in all the other smaller parties that we have. It would be a true and fine revolution. But Nigerians do not want to vote out PDP or APC, but they do want change, so that leaves us with an opposition alliance centered around PDP.

I don't want to see Atiku coming back though.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by Onuimo1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2023
Una never come out of renewed shege banza you're talking about 2079. Channel this permutations on how to hold your leaders accountable not asking who'll be beatable in 2098.
When your leaders see these kind of comments they feel relaxed and do anyway and anyhow they want because the people are Carried away by unnecessary permutations.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by chiefolododo(m): 5:55pm On Dec 10, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

hummm I hear you...

1 Like

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2023
nairalanda1:
The only way he can be unseated is a strong oppositon alliance, or failing that, a united and strong PDP.
This is my position!

Personally, I would love it if in 2027, Nigerians voted out PDP and APC, and even LP and NNPP, and vote in all the other smaller parties that we have. It would be a true and fine revolution. But Nigerians do not want to vote out PDP or APC, but they do want change, so that leaves us with an opposition alliance centered around PDP.

I don't want to see Atiku coming back though.
Other political parties (so-called) neither have structures nor members - including LP and NNPP!

Peter Obi led Obidient Movement and Kwankwaso led Kwankwasiya Movement were the reason LP and NNPP are being discussed in politics. Remove them from the equation, both parties are not different from APM and Co.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by Sergio107: 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2023
You can't beat him now he has federal might.

You know his code.....Rig!!

10 Likes

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by nairalanda1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

This is my position!

Other political parties (so-called) neither have structures nor members - including LP and NNPP!

Peter Obi led Obidient Movement and Kwankwaso led Kwankwasiya Movement were the reason LP and NNPP are being discussed in politics. Remove them from the equation, both parties are not different from APM and Co.

Like I said, people don't like my IDEAL solution...(which is part of why smaller parties don't have structure...people prefer what they know to what they do not, even if what they do not know is wonderful.)...hence my comment that PDP should form the nucleus of any oppostion led effort to unseat APC.

Like I say here, in politics, you go with what you have, not what you wish you had.

4 Likes

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by LegendHero(m): 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2023
chiefolododo:

I love this. This is the delusion that we need.

The delusion that Tinubu can’t win any state. I am sure by next election, una social media noise maker will still be dancing online claiming he won’t win one polling unit while on Election Day Jagaban continue to win.

We saw how una cancel Xperience pastor Paul crusade online only for the place to be full to the brim on actual day.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by OneCandleAway(f): 6:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
It's only if the western masters (US, UK ) don't want him to win, that's when he can lose.

Without that he will win

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by MEEVEET: 6:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
Anyone who can get 40% of North and be known in the South can beat him easily

Kwankwaso/obi can beat tinubu even with rigging

Atiku / obi can beat tinubu

Tinubu only hope is North that's all

17 Likes

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by SpatialKing(m): 6:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
PDP were once proud and arrogant thinking they will rule Nigeria forever just a common mistake cost them everything...

13 Likes

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by OneCandleAway(f): 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

There will always be people that can be bought over where he isn't popular.

3 Likes

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by nairalanda1(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2023
SpatialKing:
PDP were once proud and arrogant thinking they will rule Nigeria forever just a common mistake cost them everything...

True, but they probably would have still been in charge, if several opposition figures did not put their egos aside and join to form APC in 2013

APC better watch out.

3 Likes

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by ottersberger(m): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Sealed!

Nothing born of a woman can stop His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR)

Anyone or party aiming to recontest, should know they are just starting a charity campaign.

His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) remains unmovable, unshakeable and a constant.

Emilokan 2027 is guaranteed!

Isaiah 54:15
Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

Why do you feel the need to yell like a tout?.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by SpatialKing(m): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
chiefolododo:

There are states like Ekiti filled that will still vote Tinubu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by CoronaVirusPro: 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
ottersberger:

Why do you feel the need to yell like a tout?.

Fvck you!

Did that mandate you to oink!

7 Likes

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by SpatialKing(m): 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2023
nairalanda1:

True, but they probably would have still been in charge, if several opposition figures did not put their egos aside and join to form APC in 2013

APC better watch out.

It was their arrogance and greed

APC already going that part

6 Likes

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by SpatialKing(m): 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

Exactly 👌

1 Like

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by MuchAdo: 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2023
I just hope this stupid thread does not make it to frontpage angry

2027 is just too far off

2 Likes

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by ottersberger(m): 6:13pm On Dec 10, 2023
MEEVEET:
Anyone who can get 40% of North and be known in the South can beat him easily

Kwankwaso/obi can beat tinubu even with rigging

Atiku / obi can beat tinubu

Tinubu only hope is North that's all

You mean:

Obi / Kwankwaso
Obi / Atiku

That's the knockout formula.

Atiku ought to engage from the shadows going forward, so:

Obi / Kwankwaso will do it if the arrogant Kano man finally realizes that the man he wants to deputize him is a much bigger shoe size than he will ever become.

16 Likes

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 10, 2023
Nice
Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by ottersberger(m): 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Fvck you!

Did that mandate you to oink!

Yea, that goes for the ashewo you call mother.

1 Like

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2023
nairalanda1:

APC better watch out.
You get the point! PDP felt they were untouchable then just like the way PBAT supporters are feeling invincible now... We all know that Tinubu is a very formidable politician, but no one is a political deity, nobody is immune from defeat, only God cannot be defeated.

The opposition just need to drop their ego and come together to confront the incumbent

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by CoronaVirusPro: 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2023
ottersberger:

Fvck the ashewo you call mother.

The loser you call dad wont say that to my face! As for the dwarf you call mum, Fvck her too!

10 Likes

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by bhella10: 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2023
A man Buhari, Atiku, Obi, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Saraki, Asleep TV, PDP, NNPP, LP and many others couldn't defeat as a candidate na im you wan defeat as an incumbent? Stop playing

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by LegendHero(m): 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2023
ottersberger:

You mean:

Obi / Kwankwaso
Obi / Atiku

Obi / Kwankwaso will do it if the arrogant Kano man finally realizes that the man he wants to deputize him is a much bigger shoe size than he will ever become.

And you think Kwakwanso will deputize Peter Obi?

How can a majority tribe deputize a minority tribe?

No ticket can defeat Tinubu in 2027 except if APC split. If they split and most Northern governors port to the other side, then it’s easy to defeat Tinubu.

If I am PDP, I will invest more time in weakening APC and making sure that party fracture before 2026 or else even if they go and bring David in the Bible, he still won’t defeat Tinubu.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will President Tinubu Be Unbeatable In 2027? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
ottersberger:

You mean:

Obi / Kwankwaso
Obi / Atiku

Personally, I think we are at a period that is critical. The coalition or merger (if it comes to that) should not be about any particular person, let the ticket be open to all interests, fair primary process conducted, whoever emerges should be willing to carry with him a strong person as running-mate, while every other person work together - similar to how APC emerged in 2013-2015.

Though I know that the sentiment will be for a Southern candidate - who will be expected to run for just one term.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breaking: We Are Ready To Die For Sheikh Zakzaky - Supporters Tell Army/police / 2023: Lagos APC Backs Tinubu, Says Ex-gov Qualified / Racist British Woman Captured On Videotape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.