Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped (5027 Views)

Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / Human Rights Activists Protesting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Aladinn(m): 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2011
drgica74:

I know Atiku is behind this bill
hahaha! I'l laff til december. If Atiku catch ur yansh, it wil flame up. Hahaha!
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Kay17: 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2011
tpia@:

i wish the lady would cry for the bad state of nigerian roads, infrastructure and healthcare.

This is another tragedy, like ethnic discrimination. The problem is the lack of tolerance which is horrific. Ppl go around imposing their moral codes on others who dont recognize it. Imagine a Muslim enacting Sharia inspired legislation in the country.
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by ficoram(m): 1:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
Homosexualism is a form of sexual orientation,and anybody who chooses to be one should be let alone-though it nt a "CHOICE" people just find themselves to be one,just like an Asexual person.There are many married men and women among us,who cover up their identity with marriage for fear of being lynced.Let them be.
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by ficoram(m): 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2011
Must everything one write be changed.My choice of the word intimacy.UAL give meaning than intimate orientation.pls do something about it.
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by manny4life(m): 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2011
stiko:

. grin grin wonders will never end in this country. 3years is even too small. Don't be surprised if this bill is reversed because  90% of these senators and house of assembly reps are man-loving-men especially those from the north.

Too small, I don't blame yo, should I? You will jail someone because of their sexuality? What they do and how they do it is none of anyone's business, in fact such nonsense should be challenged.
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Homar(m): 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2011
I cant believe that there are people who supports gays and lesbian in nairaland.May thunder fire all of you that supports them.Its like some of you in nairaland are gays and lesbian.I have said it before and over again that nigeria will never allow such rubbish.So you all that are supporting this gays and lesbians should go and hug transformer cause the bill has already been created.
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Homar(m): 2:01pm On Nov 02, 2011
I cant believe that there are people who supports gays and lesbian in nairaland.May thunder fire all of you that supports them.Its like some of you in nairaland are gays and lesbian.I have said it before and over again that nigeria will never allow such rubbish.So you all that are supporting this gays and lesbians should go and hug transformer cause the bill has already been created.
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2011
Those that say homo.sexuality is not a choice are TOTALLY wrong! Hom0 is an addiction just like hard drugs. People who practice this animalistic act find themselves into it due to environmental factors such as the place they grew up, people they grew up with and the kind of friends they keep. People who mingle only with same sex friends with very rare or no contact with opposite sex are likely to be hom0 inclined. This is seen in only boys or only girls boarding schools, prison and places where mixing of males and females are forbidden.
This is also common in places where sharia law is very strict, that is one of the reasons why people in northern Nigeria marry very early as teenagers. In the north, young men or women grow up with only their same sex friends without interaction with their opposite counterparts and they often sleep in the same room so, when they feel arouse they have no boyfriend/girlfriend to think about. Therefore, the hom0 among them teaches others the act and before you know it, they are already addicted. This may be one of the reasons why they marry early to avoid these sins. This is not peculiar to the north, it is found in the south as well but not due to religious law (like sharia) rather, due to people they mingle with and places they have once lived like the boarding school.
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by begwong: 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2011
stiko:

. grin grin wonders will never end in this country. 3years is even too small. Don't be surprised if this bill is reversed because  90% of these senators and house of assembly reps are man-loving-men especially those from the north.
?? I never knew dep senate presido(sponsor of the bill) is a northerner grin grin grin
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by iykak47: 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2011
TURN BY TURN LTD.                                                                                                                                                                                        After same sex right, next maybe peodophila right, incest right and zoophilia right ( human and animal chuku chuku} you would see some activists  in the national assembly  with their ''lovers''  doggy and horssy asking for recognition  and some people  on NL  would  give  them 100 percent support all in the name of human right. Must people follow oyibos like zombie?      satan it no go better for you. angry
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by mkdboy: 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2011
This is not part of our culture so we should not encourage such act. cry
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by deprince0(m): 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2011
Anyone who has understanding should read this
ROMANS 1
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2011
angry have you ever seen male goat f[i]u[/i]cking male goat b4? st[i]u[/i]pid people
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Ranoscky(m): 3:40pm On Nov 02, 2011
deprince0:

Anyone who has understanding should read this
ROMANS 1
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to intimate impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural intimate relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
And the embolded is EXACTLY what is going on here (nairaland).
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by bebe2(f): 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2011
LIVE AND LET'S LIVE.

HOW ABOUT MEN THAT ENGAGE IN ANAL S-EX SHOULD WE GO CHECKING IN PPLE'S BEDROOMS TO FISH THEM OUT?

DISCRIMINATION CAN ONLY BRING CRISIS,
IF YOU R NOT A MAN LOVER, UR BOTTOM IS SAFE, IT WILL REMAIN SEALED.

IS NIGERIA THE ONLY COUNTRY THAT CALLS GAY PPLE ''MAN LOVER''?
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by alpontif(m): 4:36pm On Nov 02, 2011
We are indeed becoming more ''civilized'' everyday, in fact the level of civilization of some people is truly ''commendable'', people are now so civilized and exposed that very soon we might have to legalize financial corruption in Nigeria because it is not a ''choice'' but rather ''natural'' for our kleptomaniac politicians.

The sentential propositions of some clearly very well ''educated'' people on this site is equally ''commendable'', they are so educated that they know it is right to subjugate clearly forward looking , positive tradition values for questionable western moral standards. while the west is trying all it can to revert back to natural moral systems as expounded by our wise forefathers, these ''liberal'' ''progressives'' are asking that we should throw traditional African values, values that any sane society cannot argue against, to the dogs, they are saying that there is nothing wrong in a man marrying a man, or a woman doing the same, very soon we shall have to legalize robbery, murder, rape, anarchy because it is '' natural'' to some people, and we must not '' punish '' them for what they had no choice in doing, these developments are really '' commendable'',
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by OlaPhils(m): 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2011
those are immoral art which should be strongly condemn in our country. God made man and woman, so they will live together, not man and man or woman and woman
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Kay17: 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2011
I do believe sex is an addiction and should be banned.

Our culture has sadly been used as a defence to pedophile acts ( Sharia peeps) used to discriminate against women.

At least progressive thoughts for women rights have been however treated as western encroachment
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2011
@OmoLisabi,
Oshiii, Otibho Obiowu is a not an Igbo name. Get your facts straight before going all tribalistic.
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by flofashon(m): 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2011
GagaBoy:

I av said this befor and I will say this again. Criminalising Homo se x ual behaviour is a Huge violation of human right. Its is no a choice to be G-A-Y just like the colour of our skin. And we africans should be more accepting Knowing what we went thru In the hands of the White man just for being different(Black). I say let them live their life. Its not our place to judge. As far as they are no comitting REAL crimes. Afterall its their body. Its just crminalising M@stubating.
GAGABOY_ur a very big retarded fool for sayin dt its not a choice 2 be gay and even comparing it 2 d color of skin.
See ur name na "gagaboy" its sounds very gay 2 me.
Homosexuality is against our culture,christianity,islam,it is against our own very existence.it is a pestilence and should be wiped out.
All homosexuals should be killed,this is Africa not Europe nor America,get it to your skulls all u Manfuckers,UncleFuckers,Boyfuckers etc. And ur supporters.Any body that supports gay rights is an ENEMY of God and the society.it shuld be dead sentence not 3yrs,
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by HISchild: 1:20am On Nov 03, 2011
I pass no personal judgment, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD;” - Rom 3:23. GOD HIMSELF is Judge. However, these are one of the many, many signs of the times in which we live, (the very end times)

Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.” - Psalm 96:13
----
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even
their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
” - Romans 1:25-27
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by ebere1712: 1:44am On Nov 03, 2011
koastar:

Those that say homo.sexuality is not a choice are TOTALLY wrong! Hom0 is an addiction just like hard drugs. People who practice this animalistic act find themselves into it due to environmental factors such as the place they grew up, people they grew up with and the kind of friends they keep. People who mingle only with same sex friends with very rare or no contact with opposite sex are likely to be hom0 inclined. This is seen in only boys or only girls boarding schools, prison and places where mixing of males and females are forbidden.
This is also common in places where sharia law is very strict, that is one of the reasons why people in northern Nigeria marry very early as teenagers. In the north, young men or women grow up with only their same sex friends without interaction with their opposite counterparts and they often sleep in the same room so, when they feel arouse they have no boyfriend/girlfriend to think about. Therefore, the hom0 among them teaches others the act and before you know it, they are already addicted. This may be one of the reasons why they marry early to avoid these sins. This is not peculiar to the north, it is found in the south as well but not due to religious law (like sharia) rather, due to people they mingle with and places they have once lived like the boarding school.
You are probably right. However that does not justify putting two consenting adults in jail for their sexual activities.
GagaBoy:

I av said this befor and I will say this again. Criminalising Homo se x ual behaviour is a Huge violation of human right. Its is no a choice to be G-A-Y just like the colour of our skin. And we africans should be more accepting Knowing what we went thru In the hands of the White man just for being different(Black). I say let them live their life. Its not our place to judge. As far as they are no comitting REAL crimes. Afterall its their body. Its just crminalising M@stubating.
Please stop with your comparisons. It is very annoying to hear people compare slavery to ho-mosexu*ality. Please make your point without annoying others.
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by lastpage: 2:25am On Nov 03, 2011
Bottom line is: We Africans are allowing ourselves to be INFECTED with the White-man's malaise!

Before you know it, America and UK will revoke the VISA of ALL LAW_MAKERS in Nigeria! grin grin should they pass that Bill! shocked shocked

Its called "arm-Twisting"!

Africa must suffer what Europe and America is suffering naah!

How can they allow "Dark people from that Dark continent" to claim "moral superiority" over them, Them whites folks!! wink wink

It has nothing to do with human rights!
As Fela would say: Animal cant dash me Human right!

All same-sex lovers should keep it under wraps (quiet), accept counseling to help them overcome their depravity or face the consequence if thy continue to "foul the air" with the noise!
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by polokor60(m): 5:51am On Nov 03, 2011
good riddance.team total eradication of anus Zap.e.rs.very soon them anus Zap.e.rs go dey clamour for human rights of children having intimacy with their parents saying afterall it's their choice and we should respect it.human right my foot.this is nigeria not oyinbo land. cool
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Isokoman1(m): 6:20am On Nov 03, 2011
GagaBoy:

@ Gagaboy, what is the difference between being GAY and INCEST? The argument is:

GAY: IT'S NOT A CHOICE TO BE GAY, YOU FEEL THE WAY YOU FEEL AND THEREFORE IT IS YOUR HUMAN RIGHT TO BE ALLOWED TO DO WHAT YOU FEEL AND WHAT. IT IS TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE GENUINELY IN LOVE AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT.

INCEST: THEY ARE TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE GENUINELY IN LOVE, EITHER PARENT-SIBLINGS OR SIBLING-SIBLINGS. THEY DON'T HARM ANYONE.

if this is the case, why does society go against INCEST and not GAY. Shouldn't the two be given human right?

My opinion, gay and incest are thesame and if one is wrong and punishable by law, the other is TOO!
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Ranoscky(m): 6:30am On Nov 03, 2011
Isoko man:

@ Gagaboy, what is the difference between being man-lover and Inbreeding? The argument is:

man-lover: IT'S NOT A CHOICE TO BE man-lover, YOU FEEL THE WAY YOU FEEL AND THEREFORE IT IS YOUR HUMAN RIGHT TO BE ALLOWED TO DO WHAT YOU FEEL AND WHAT. IT IS TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE GENUINELY IN LOVE AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT.

Inbreeding: THEY ARE TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE GENUINELY IN LOVE, EITHER PARENT-SIBLINGS OR SIBLING-SIBLINGS. THEY DON'T HARM ANYONE.

if this is the case, why does society go against Inbreeding and not man-lover. Shouldn't the two be given human right?

My opinion, man-lover and Inbreeding are thesame and if one is wrong and punishable by law, the other is TOO!
U need to have the FEAR of GOD in you, man!
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by cristog120: 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2011
whitemen progress because of their believe in practical reality and their believe that every human deserves support and enabling enviroment to attain his/or her God given potentials.on the contrary we africans like pretense and discouragement of what is impossible to change.this act of man loving man has been in exixtence in africa or nigeria from time imemorial but in absolute secrecy.let me ask can you tell what the person next to you does in secret?obviously no.this is inborn,as well as exposure to it.im one no doubt but i wont say there is any spiritual attatchment to it.can you imagine your child being one.i know you will say.god forbid,but so many nigerians are into it even popular political office holders.go to manjam .com, bgclive.com and see how many nigerians you will find there.denying this number their right is like sending your child on a psychological axile.if you are not one that does not mean you are a saint.its an orientation that defies treatment.ive tried several times because of my ENVIROMENT,but it seems im going to die of psychological trauma.the best is accepting people for who they are.
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2011
Isoko man:

@ Gagaboy, what is the difference between being man-lover and Inbreeding? The argument is:

man-lover: IT'S NOT A CHOICE TO BE man-lover, YOU FEEL THE WAY YOU FEEL AND THEREFORE IT IS YOUR HUMAN RIGHT TO BE ALLOWED TO DO WHAT YOU FEEL AND WHAT. IT IS TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE GENUINELY IN LOVE AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT.

Inbreeding: THEY ARE TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE GENUINELY IN LOVE, EITHER PARENT-SIBLINGS OR SIBLING-SIBLINGS. THEY DON'T HARM ANYONE.

if this is the case, why does society go against Inbreeding and not man-lover. Shouldn't the two be given human right?

My opinion, man-lover and Inbreeding are thesame and if one is wrong and punishable by law, the other is TOO!
You are absolutely wrong Gagaboy! Homo is a choice, nobody was born homo because there is no gene found to be connected to homosexuality. It is an act picked up from the environment i.e places these homo once lived/is living or kind of friends he/she keeps.
God NEVER created anybody homo, it is clearly written in Roman 1:26-28, 32. If you read this part of the bible (if you are a christian) you will understand for yourself the mind of God about homosex.uality. You dont need any explanation because it is written in simple English. *I still find it difficult to believe that some Pastors/Bishops in the west are practising & encouraging it. what kind of bible do they read to their congregation?* embarassed
Re: Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped by asha80(m): 3:48am On Nov 04, 2011
let us be honest with ourselves,for those that went to unity schools we must have encountered people like this .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bakare, El-rufai Storm Nnewi For Ojukwu / Enugu City has better Roads Than Any City/town In Yoruba Land. / Ongoing Fight Going On In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.