Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,011 members, 7,863,671 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:05 PM

Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race (14329 Views)

Peter Obi Endorses Olumide Akpata For Edo Governorship Race / 2023 Presidency: “Lagos Is Clearly Going Peter Obi’s Way” – Jack Obinyan / After What I Saw Today, Peter Obi Should Not Border To Campaign In Edo - Obinyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Charlico2(m): 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
DiamondPant:
I wish him all the best.
I hope catholicism is strong in Edo as it is in Benue.
One of the reasons why Hyacinth Alia won his election convincingly is that since 1979, Moses Adasu (a Reverend Father) of blessed memory has remained the best governor that Benue State ever had. He was in office for just a year but he made his mark.

1992 - Moses Adasu
"Very Rev. Fr. Moses Orshio Adasu became governor of Benue State, Nigeria on 2 January 1992, elected on the Social Democratic Party platform. He left office after the military coup in November 1993 in which General Sani Abacha came to power. Wikipedia
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Cromagnon: 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
KingLennon:
No man can serve two masters. He has to chose one. There's no way you become a politician in Nigeria and not do dirty things sad
lies. Only lazy ppl do dirty politics
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Cromagnon: 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2023
wunmi590:

I think the Catholic church h should do something about this, they shouldn't be disguising under catholic and being using it as an avenue to contest for a position while still being a priest and using that to deviate from their original calling...
what is their original calling? Is it not to be their brothers keeper? Read your bible well and stop following charlatans made up rules to keep you paying tithe while they buy private jet
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by pseudaria: 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

First of all na your generations be mumu. Ozwor. How many catholic church are in Edo State....unlike Benue State where everywhere is Catholic church. Benin people are mostly protestants. The Archbishop of Benin City sef, is an Igbo man from Anambra State. Benin people no dey go Catholic church
Nobody is talking about the popularity of Catholic in Benin even myself am not Catholic and have never been but yet he is well known in the state because of his charitable works and fearless criticism of corrupt politicians. Even the benue you are talking about is not abound with the Catholic Church. They have more Protestant and missionary churches like ecwa there. Travel and broaden your horizon you ignorant imp

1 Like

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by JagabanB: 11:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
sirpharrell:

The godfather part of my post is not for Father Alia.
But the Party part is for him.
If he didn't like the APC or the leaders of the party, he should have rebuffed their advances and begging according to you.
He should have contested under one of these small political parties since you said that he was too popular and would have still won.
If he did that, no one in the state will lay any claim to him and he would do anything that he likes.
I didn't tell u that the godfathers were the ones who asked him to come and I can't remember telling u that he was too popular either.
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by orohbirodeysmel: 12:15am On Dec 22, 2023
pseudaria:

Nobody is talking about the popularity of Catholic in Benin even myself am not Catholic and have never been but yet he is well known in the state because of his charitable works and fearless criticism of corrupt politicians. Even the benue you are talking about is not abound with the Catholic Church. They have more Protestant and missionary churches like ecwa there. Travel and broaden your horizon you ignorant imp

You're a dumb moronn. I have been to many states in Nigeria, Benue is highly populated with Catholics, From Oturkpo, Katsina-Ala, Markurdi, Gboko these are the four major Catholic dioceses in Benue State. The First Rev Father that governed the State, Fr. Adasu performed so well that they all followed him to the Catholic Church. When I was in Gboko, na so so Catholics full there. Even the Tor Tiv in Gboko is a Catholic. All my Benue friends, Doshima, Benshima, Aonduve, Breaker, etc are Catholics. Their is even a Catholic major Seminary in Markurdi.

Now in Edo State, Benin City to be Precise...from Ring Road to Agbor road only 3 Catholic church. Holy Cross Cathedral at Mission Road. St Joseph Catholic Church at 1st East Circular road. And St Thomas Catholic Church at 1st Upstairs...this is across two local governments Oredo and Ikpoba -Okha. Average Edo man knows Benson Idahosa, Chris Oyakhilome than Archbishop Patrick Ekpu or Cardinal Okogie, of Lagos. Cardinal Okogie, emeritus Archbishop of Lagos is an Esan prince from Edo State. Many Edo people don't even know.

I am not even from Edo State or Benue State...but you no travel pass me. Grow up scumbag
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by sunshineV(f): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

You tend to hate what u think its a scam

Psychologically, its shows u just wanna give yourself a strong reason to stop believing in religion...

If u think something isnt real, then just ignore it altogether and stop talking about it
I'll continue talking about it. you can continue crying tho...I don't really care like that
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by livebullet(m): 2:54am On Dec 23, 2023
mastermaestro:

You should be more worried about your pope endorsing gay unions. Remove the beam in your eyes first, hypocritical judge.

Mumu, let me explain simple texts you could not understand in simple pidgin. Wasted education.
Pope no endorse gay union , Pope say you fit bless gay person not as a union, and yes na the Christian way be that, any body should be blessed. Abi blessing na for only righteous people? Come back come answer me.
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Odibembem: 5:23am On Dec 23, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

First of all na your generations be mumu. Ozwor. How many catholic church are in Edo State....unlike Benue State where everywhere is Catholic church. Benin people are mostly protestants. The Archbishop of Benin City sef, is an Igbo man from Anambra State. Benin people no dey go Catholic church

Not correct to say the Catholic Church is not formidable in Edo. Yes d Binis have very few Catholic priests, perhaps that's why they don't have a Bishop but d Binis have strong numbers in Catholic. That was why there was an archdiocese in Benin long ago,almost same time Onitsha had theirs. Edo has three Catholic Diocese, d Esans and Etsako people are predominantly Catholics, in fact Esan have produced a Cardinal,an ArchBishop and a Bishop. In Benin, besides d host Binis, there is a huge Catholic population made up of Ibos and Esans. If u at to group d state along denominations, d Catholics outnumber any other single Christian denomination by far. My problem with Father Obinyan is that he is unsure of what he is actually doing, if at this time he has not identified d political party platform he is going to contest in, then it's too late and a dead end for him. Serious people are already going round party leaders in wards and LGs in preparation for primaries in less than two months
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by orohbirodeysmel: 7:04am On Dec 23, 2023
Odibembem:

Not correct to say the Catholic Church is not formidable in Edo. Yes d Binis have very few Catholic priests, perhaps that's why they don't have a Bishop but d Binis have strong numbers in Catholic. That was why there was an archdiocese in Benin long ago,almost same time Onitsha had theirs. Edo has three Catholic Diocese, d Esans and Etsako people are predominantly Catholics, in fact Esan have produced a Cardinal,an ArchBishop and a Bishop. In Benin, besides d host Binis, there is a huge Catholic population made up of Ibos and Esans. If u at to group d state along denominations, d Catholics outnumber any other single Christian denomination by far. My problem with Father Obinyan is that he is unsure of what he is actually doing, if at this time he has not identified d political party platform he is going to contest in, then it's too late and a dead end for him. Serious people are already going round party leaders in wards and LGs in preparation for primaries in less than two months

Ok, I agree with you. Moreso Fr. Obinyan is Esan...if he can be serious, he will shake up the political structures in Edo, because, Esan people believe it is their turn to produce the next Governor. As for Binis they no serious for Catholic church.
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by mastermaestro(m): 9:52am On Dec 23, 2023
livebullet:

Mumu, let me explain simple texts you could not understand in simple pidgin. Wasted education.
Pope no endorse gay union , Pope say you fit bless gay person not as a union, and yes na the Christian way be that, any body should be blessed. Abi blessing na for only righteous people? Come back come answer me.

You are helplessly doomed. So all your Catholic bishops who have knocked the pope for his deviant endorsement don't understand the text and can also be called mumu? Satan has you already. Pope-worshipping boy, I will be praying for your deliverance. cry
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by livebullet(m): 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
mastermaestro:

You are helplessly doomed. So all your Catholic bishops who have knocked the pope for his deviant endorsement don't understand the text and can also be called mumu? Satan has you already. Pope-worshipping boy, I will be praying for your deliverance. cry

Please put a source to your claims , so we can continue from there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North Will Accept Restructuring If No State Is Cheated – Governor Tambuwal / Black Marketers Take Over As Filling Stations Run Dry Of Fuel / Stop Python Dance III Now – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.