Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance (22067 Views)

Enugu State Government Demolishes Buildings In Centenary City, Residents Cry Out / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / Anambra Government Demolishes Brothel In Kara, Ogbaru (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by epainos: 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
GboyegaD:

In my understanding, they could have encroached government lands however, did they not get approval for the building? If they did, don't you think they should be adequately compensated?
Not what you think sir. The original plans most of them got approval for are within setbacks. They deliberately take gates and fences beyond setbacks...and the security room by the gate is placed beyond it too. I have seen owners who even asked builders to extend the building beyond the architectural plans. It is like you aren't based in Nigeria. Lol.

Even if they got approval .....they paid bribes to get such. Should they still be compensated or fined?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by Badonasty(m): 7:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
Lol…chief reactor no go see this one ooo

5 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by Chimookigwe: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
GboyegaD:
Hope the affected with the right title are adequately compensated and notified in advance before the demolition.

You were opening your oversized teeth when they demolished houses in Lagos, insulting Yorub leaders. Today, you are sounding like an hypocrite. Shameless being.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by Myhusband(m): 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
iggbo is now a laughing stock to others ethnicity in Nigeria because of their insecurity

Obi and his other fellow Iggbo will lose their voice now, hypocrisy and hate is the only thing developing in sad East, common sense decreases every seconds

7 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by target100: 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
Until they build on center of road abi, why didn't they do their due diligence? If it is wrong it is wrong let us not want a planned city and yet feel sorry for inconsiderate people.
However all state including abuja should make their master plan easily accessible to the general public and not wait until building is completed before they act
opamoses1:
I am shocked by the recent demolition of several houses in Enugu State. I am again pained that we are embarking on such an inconsiderate project at this critical time when the country is going through untold hardship. I would like to reiterate that at this time, our preoccupation should not be sending hundreds of people into homelessness. We need to focus instead on how to lessen the pain and suffering of poor people. wink

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by Brimstone77: 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2023

This is the first and only project that peter mba have achieved since he became governor of enugu state..

He only knew how to have numerous meetings with absolutely nothing to show for it.
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by Benwallt(m): 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
Afamed:

The fraud called Peter Obi, charity doesn't begin at home

It begins in the north and West. Let me wait to hear from Reno omokri
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by GboyegaD(m): 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2023
Chimookigwe:

You were opening your oversized teeth when they demolished houses in Lagos, insulting Yorub leaders. Today, you are sounding like an hypocrite. Shameless being.

Rather than expose your stupidity, why not tag my post on demolished houses in Lagos. I am not the source of your frustration, so learn to post receipts instead of trying to prove smart when you are not.
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:27pm On Dec 22, 2023
callmevirus:

You're such an illiterate
Is Peter Obi from Enugu
By next year will live to regret voting your Saint Tinubu

is her from Lagos too??

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by GboyegaD(m): 8:27pm On Dec 22, 2023
epainos:

Not what you think sir. The original plans most of them got approval for are within setbacks. They deliberately take gates and fences beyond setbacks...and the security room by the gate is placed beyond it too. I have seen owners who even asked builders to extend the building beyond the architectural plans. It is like you aren't based in Nigeria. Lol.

Even if they got approval .....they paid bribes to get such. Should they still be compensated or fined?

To the 1st one in italics, if builders are asked to extend building beyond architectural plans without proper approval, then the owners do not deserve compensation however, government officials should have highlighted/earmarked the building since the violation was noticed.

On the second, if they got it through bribe, they should be compensated as there is an evidence of the approval except there is a document showing they bribed their ways and in such a case, the government can prosecute such officials and property owners.
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by joe1309: 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2023
Goodvibes007:

Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority
Peter obi d shock master will never say anything since this is emanating from southeast

4 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by quickee: 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
Goodvibes007:

I support every effort put in place to remove unnecessary structures from the road. Why do Nigerians like building on the road? Is it some kind of culture or madness that makes people feel they must encroach the road? Even those who rent shops very close to the road still go as far as putting their wares on the road. Is that even necessary? I think the government must demonstrate their stance against this madness by demolishing every illegal structure built on the road? You don’t have to build on the road before people see your house or shop.
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by KwuoteYourFada: 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2023
grin

Una don finish obi here grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by Chizy12345: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
so na demolition dey rain
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by Thanks18(m): 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2023
Some people who rushed to comment are truly biased and tribalistic. Is there any reason to compare demolition going on in Enugu and Lagos? Demolitions going in Enugu are targeted to fences and other structures encroaching on the road while that of Lagos were outright demolition of the entire buildings causing loss of home and properties. Those calling Peter Obi bad names are lost in understanding and empathy
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by epainos: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2023
GboyegaD:

To the 1st one in italics, if builders are asked to extend building beyond architectural plans without proper approval, then the owners do not deserve compensation however, government officials should have highlighted/earmarked the building since the violation was noticed.
If you aren't in Nigeria, then, it is worthless to try to explain further...but if you are in Naija...you just want to extend this talk. Cos nothing is normal in Naija.

On the second, if they got it through bribe, they should be compensated as there is an evidence of the approval except there is a document showing they bribed their ways and in such a case, the government can prosecute such officials and property owners.
Have you heard the phrase: "The giver and taker of bribe are guilty"?
One pays a bribe and you are saying the person needs compensation......A beg...no fall my hand. Let's end it here. Perhaps I overrated you.

Take care!

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by gratefulheart(m): 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bitter Obi and haters obedient no cry?

Goodvibes007:

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by zelnababa(m): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
callmevirus:

Is Peter Obi from Enugu

is he from Lagos?
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by Lookawaybrand: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2023
Show me an Ibo man that he's not an hypocrite and i will show you a virgin with 7kkds

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by ufotunang: 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2023
This government has no conscience for the poor
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by ufotunang: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2023
When you demolish people house where do you expect them to go and live
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by ufotunang: 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2023
And this was the governor that knelt down during his governorship campaign begging enugu people for votes...and see how he is badly treating them
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by soullove1881(m): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2023
epainos:

Na wa ooooo.

It is dangerous to hand over social media to everyone. Just imagine what this one posted. Chai. Na wa oooo

Just tell the owners of the houses to build and block all Enugu roads finally....and tell them you will defend them. Some people sha.

Mehn! Sharing the same nation with some people be as e be oooo.

That's a copy and paste from Peter Obi. So rest!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by SonOfDSoil01: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
callmevirus:

Is Peter Obi from Enugu

so I guess he is from Lagos or Abuja where he only finds is tiny voice to critique the state government grin the flatness of your head must be affecting your brain….hypocritical Okoro grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by epainos: 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2023
soullove1881:

That's a copy and paste from Peter Obi. So rest!
So, you can't decode my post. Na waoo. It is not just dangerous to hand over social media to people like you....it is extremely dangerous. May God help us in Nigeria. It is well.
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by DLegacy1(m): 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Peter Obi the agulu shock absorber will never be shocked with this demolition.

Children of drug sniffing slave masters like you with your mtn borrowed 50mb will forever feel threatened when sane people challenge the actions of your drug sniffing balablu presidiot. Try develop yourself to the point when your comment will at least make some sense
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by Chimookigwe: 9:52pm On Dec 22, 2023
GboyegaD:

On the second, if they got it through bribe, they should be compensated as there is an evidence of the approval

See what someone's 9 months is saying.
Re: Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance by Dittodat: 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
Pandora pathological liar Obi the religious fanatical IPOB Agulu Conman will not be shocked now. It's only when it happens in Lagos and Abuja that the idiotic transgender will start posting rubbish trash.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umar Abdullahi Resigns As Brains And Hammers MD After 8 Years / Help On C Of O Ogun State / In Need Of A Modern 4 Bed Bungalow Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.