Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust (24738 Views)

How Emefiele Moved Shady ₦400 Billion To Monguno’s Office - Sahara Reporters / How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat / How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Kukutente23: 10:55am On Dec 23, 2023
spiSeyi:

I am not a blind supporter and I don't follow tribal sentiment, I might be a fan of PBAT but I won't support his biased motion because I am far from being a hypocrite. PBAT is not doing well on the Emefiele issue there is to more to this saga
There's nothing more
Tinubu cannot and will not fight any corruption. It's like thunder striking itself
You already said it all that it's witch-hunt

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by blowjohn(m): 11:00am On Dec 23, 2023
Fear black man o.
It's not like he wasn't a billionaire before becoming CBN government o.

Sold his soul for riches still
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by richeso: 11:01am On Dec 23, 2023
feed them about emefiele , be it truth or not. a case steal in court, but media already cast judge.
so na only Emefiele thief for buhari 8years rule ? very useless , rubbish country.
we go soon hear emefile steal 1000000000$ belonging to an old woman in oyo or he sold Nigeria aircrasft belonging to army.
anything una want twll una mumu followers, feel free.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Xox1945(m): 11:01am On Dec 23, 2023
APC and Tinubu zombie over to you
Tinubu is a thief not Emefiele
Is just punishing this man because of 2023 election were is Malami
Tinubu the real thief
Is Emefiele making us to suffer from naria scarcity now.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by dickson2000(m): 11:04am On Dec 23, 2023
membranus:

The government is not complaining, they are just exposing your criminal brothers' level of financial atrocities committed against the country. Or should they just sweep it under the carpet and not say anything about it?
' Criminal brothers' you said, but I can see through you that you're a bigot who ethnically stereotype other people's comments out of sheer hatred.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Max24: 11:06am On Dec 23, 2023
spiSeyi:
These are mere speculations and propaganda to call the dog a bad name so that it can be hanged just like what Abacha did to OBJ, Gen. Yaradua and the rest in 1995 (like PBAT like Abacha cool) grin. If PMB and his cabals/cousins are not prosecuted then PBAT is only witch-hunting Emefiele because he stood a presidential contest against him and refused to step down at BAT's will. After all, the scarcity of cash that brought this upon Emefiele is reoccurring as we speak despite the ousting of Emefiele as CBN governor.
There is more to Emefiele's arrest but APC is more of a fraternity than a political party undecided. PBAT and the current CBN governor should address why the scarcity of cash is resurfacing undecided
If e sure for Emefiele that all above are false why can't he sue the FG and the media houses that published the leaked report for libel/slander? After all , he has SANs as lawyers. His SAN lawyers have been extremely quiet since he was arrested. They are looking for political leniency for him and pleading for his forgiveness underneath. But in all these Nigeria is the loser. If he is allowed to go scot free then you are giving the current CBN management the freedom to outdo his corruption.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by DeBruno1: 11:08am On Dec 23, 2023
Wahala be like rice and stew,financial terrorist derating our economy,Emefiele You are mefieling go to court let see the outcome
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Opexzy: 11:09am On Dec 23, 2023
thesicilian:

Yeah, I guess so.
Would it then be better if I resign from the position in order to pursue the purchase? Surely that should resolve the ethical dilemma?

Sure... That's how it should be

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by membranus: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2023
dickson2000:
' Criminal brothers' you said, but I can see through you that you're a bigot who ethnically stereotype other people's comments out of sheer hatred.

I hear you. But you forget something, criminality comes in different hues, might be tribal and might also be of mind. I am now talking of the mind now. By supporting Emefiele in his criminal acts, that means you are his brother.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by descartes400: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2023
Make una wait ooh! I never finish reading ooh, I dey were the article talk say dem buy Keystone bank for FREE! free oh shocked eeii!
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by 11doubledee: 11:15am On Dec 23, 2023
MrPresident1:
Emefiewele chosen as the fall guy for Buhari's 8years

Scapegoat

scapegoat
/ˈskeɪpɡəʊt/
noun
a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.
Similar:
whipping boy
victim
Aunt Sally
goat
fall guy
patsy
(in the Bible) a goat sent into the wilderness after the Jewish chief priest had symbolically laid the sins of the people upon it (Lev. 16).

Diezani was Jonathan's own
Why did he not resign?
He is very culpable,let's stop making excuses for these selfish politicians.
We were all victims of his bad monetary policies.
The truth is the greedy fellow saw an opportunity to steal from Buhari's Clueless government but didn't know when to stop.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by membranus: 11:17am On Dec 23, 2023
dickson2000:

Does saying it out automatically prosecute him and his accomplices? Or does the media? Is he still the CBN governor that makes fiscal and monetary policies? Aren't you aware of people groaning about cash crunch and business failing due to bad policies? Emefiele and his cronies should be prosecuted if guilty and not all these media trial. Still be reminded that this government has impoverished a lot of Nigerians due to their policies.

The government is only 8 months in action. Are you saying the other governments before them are not culpable for the present financial stress all of us are going through? Is the present government now the only one responsible for the country's economy's mismanagement?
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Vadese1: 11:25am On Dec 23, 2023
APC is at it again. The same propaganda they use against Deziani. That is what they playing out against Emiefule now so that they can diverse out attention from their evils did
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by femi4: 11:28am On Dec 23, 2023
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by honour7: 11:30am On Dec 23, 2023
thesicilian:
I can understand it's a crime buying the banks (or anything else for that matter) from ill-gotten wealth.
However what I need clarification for is this: is it ethically or legally wrong to buy a bank in distress if you are the CBN Governor, assuming you plan to follow due process?

Yes it is, it is conflict of interest, remember Bart nnaji former minister of power under Goodluck when he wanted to invest in transmission or so through his company geoelectric or so, he resigned as minister.

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by dickson2000(m): 11:30am On Dec 23, 2023
membranus:

The government is only 8 months in action. Are you saying the other governments before them are not culpable for the present financial stress all of us are going through? Is the present government now the only one responsible for the country's economy's mismanagement?
So, whose government was it? Mine or APC? Is the current government not the same as the previous? The man at the helms of power today said he came in prepared with a master plan and blueprint to fix the country; however, the government had made living unbearable for Nigerians just within the space of 8 months. Ohh, because the previous government mismanaged the economy justifies the current government's mismanagement and lack of directions?
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:37am On Dec 23, 2023
DrDoc:
Emefiele is stealing banks. Buying banks with phantom payments. What a wonderment !

Emefiele is a financial terrorist ans should serve ten life times behind bar
Exactly! That man is the biggest crook ever in recent times and deserves hanging.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Myer(m): 11:39am On Dec 23, 2023
DrDoc:
Emefiele is stealing banks. Buying banks with phantom payments. What a wonderment !

Emefiele is a financial terrorist ans should serve ten life times behind bar
This deserves a Nollywood blockbuster.
The guy is Nigeria's Wolf of Wallstreet.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:39am On Dec 23, 2023
richeeyo:
Some tribe once dey reach the top they always leave a dirty mark
Another one dey prison for uk
Another woman wa ruin our economy too dey uk
And dem go dey shout maginazation
Lol! Igbophobic rabid animals have started again with their madness.The moderators won't see this comment by an animal to do the needful.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by dickson2000(m): 11:40am On Dec 23, 2023
membranus:

I hear you. But you forget something, criminality comes in different hues, might be tribal and might also be of mind. I am now talking of the mind now. By supporting Emefiele in his criminal acts, that means you are his brother.
Your perception about me or my comments are just your personal judgement which won't deter my unbiased opinion.
No rational individual supports corruption, and my comments never supported the Emefiele. Tell your people to quit the blame game and fix the economy. Mind you, the previous government was an APC government and Emefiele worked for the APC government.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:42am On Dec 23, 2023
richeeyo:

But you people want to join dem with Biafra
Confused sets
Are you WAILING? I feel your pain dear.Let me bring a jumbo size Geepe Rubber tank to collect your tears.
Some people reason at a level lower than that of a goat.
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Funflipper: 11:42am On Dec 23, 2023
Mandate1:
it's surprising you're believing this politically motivated stunt. More allegations will pop-up.

Please stop displaying your ignorance publicly. This fraud ( aquisition of heritage and keystone banks for free) has been in the news since 2016
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:46am On Dec 23, 2023
89green:

People like you remain the reason for Nigeria's optimum backwardness, you can't even spell simple words correctly
Lol! How do you expect it to spell marginalisation properly,when he's mentally imbalanced?
Can a rabid animal spell words correctly?
You are not serious,bro
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by naturefellow(m): 11:52am On Dec 23, 2023
richeeyo:

Was a particular tribe mentioned, why is ur tribe talking it personally
bigots assume that it's a specific tribe that would react to their bigotry. Slowpoke!
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by LONEWOLFJOHN: 11:57am On Dec 23, 2023
BossGerald:

So Emefiele is igbo today??

I didn't know Anioma/ika of delta state are igbos...wonderful cheesy

But according to you they're igbos...why are you so confused and double mouthed
but he never mentioned any tribe so you are guilty as charged
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by naturefellow(m): 11:57am On Dec 23, 2023
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Codes151(m): 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2023
EMEFIELE AND BUHARI SHOULD BE ARRESTED FOR TREASON

THEY SHOULD FACE THE HANG
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by snofay(m): 12:05pm On Dec 23, 2023
Diezani is a thief not a scape goat pls.
MrPresident1:
Emefiewele chosen as the fall guy for Buhari's 8years

Scapegoat

scapegoat
/ˈskeɪpɡəʊt/
noun
a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.
Similar:
whipping boy
victim
Aunt Sally
goat
fall guy
patsy
(in the Bible) a goat sent into the wilderness after the Jewish chief priest had symbolically laid the sins of the people upon it (Lev. 16).

Diezani was Jonathan's own
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by Tareq1105: 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2023
thesicilian:
I can understand it's a crime buying the banks (or anything else for that matter) from ill-gotten wealth.
However what I need clarification for is this: is it ethically or legally wrong to buy a bank in distress if you are the CBN Governor, assuming you plan to follow due process?

Yes, it's ethically wrong. This is bcoz you would not be objective or fair in the process bcoz of your interest. It's called Conflict of Interest.

1 Like

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by spiSeyi: 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2023
Max24:

If e sure for Emefiele that all above are false why can't he sue the FG and the media houses that published the leaked report for libel/slander? After all , he has SANs as lawyers. His SAN lawyers have been extremely quiet since he was arrested. They are looking for political leniency for him and pleading for his forgiveness underneath. But in all these Nigeria is the loser. If he is allowed to go scot free then you are giving the current CBN management the freedom to outdo his corruption.
Nobody can fight and win Nigerian government in court, Emefiele is just the PMB cabals and BAT war collateral damage grin
Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2023
richeeyo:
Some tribe once dey reach the top they always leave a dirty mark
Another one dey prison for uk
Another woman wa ruin our economy too dey uk
And dem go dey shout maginazation

Another tribal bigot spotted, seun this is one of the tribal bigots that almost made you lost nairaland. Na dem be the enemies of nairaland.

Re: How Emefiele Used Proxies To ‘Buy’ Union, Keystone Banks - Daily Trust by ufuosman(m): 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2023
Dis man do oh 😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Reconciles Gov. Obiano And Peter Obi (pix) / Buhari’s Administration More Clueless Than Jonathan’s – Chibok Girls’ Mother / Sierra Leone Mudslide: Obasanjo & Tony Elumelu Visit Victims In Hospital (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.