Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,790 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? (1979 Views)

In This Case What Would He Do? / What Steps Should I Take To Get This Bae Laid / Pls What Steps Should I Take To Secure A Fully Funded Schorlaship Abroad ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Autobot05: 11:18am On Dec 25, 2023
Good morning and merry Christmas

I have this distant cousin ( Mid 20’s) and we are quite close. From my perspective She kinda suffers from a mental disorder or illness rather but y’all know African parents and their mentality na. Her parents believed it’s a spiritual thing . This cousin of mine often run away from home.

The last time she ran away from home, she copied a pastor's Number from a TV advert when watching TV at home and ran to his house when her parents tracked her down to his house through his ( the pastor’s) help too. After meeting her parents He said she should stay at his place for a while so he can tackle her case specially . Her parents often send money to the pastor during those times. After a while She suddenly packed her bag and ran back to her parents house Without any explanation and the pastor kept calling her mother frequently to bring her over that he wasn’t done with the deliverance or whatever. ( the pastor is a married man btw and stays with his wife but I don’t know if they have kids )
Fast forward to last month the parents of my cousin found out she was pregnant. After multiple interrogations She finally confessed that the pastor Raped her ( while she was at his place ) and threatened to kill her if she tells anybody
She never told anyone even after she came back to her parents house until they found out she’s pregnant. The pastor isn’t aware he is still calling for them to send her back but her mother isn’t picking his calls

I’m lost because I was so close to her. she even babysat me as a toddler and even taught me Before I was old enough to go to school and we have been close since like forever … now I even stopped speaking to her because I feel so bad she opened the door for all this mess by running from home and not telling anyone at the right time .. I’m just trying to manage my emotions because I’m short tempered and can act irrationally when Angered

What can I do in this case ? What legal steps can be taken ?

1 Like

Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:33am On Dec 25, 2023
PASTORS!!! grin

Well go and tell your own pastor to show you how to follow step by step what the Bible says about the matter. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Quality20(m): 11:59am On Dec 25, 2023
Just sincerely confess yà action
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by CandyOps(m): 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2023
Pastors dey knack their members well sha. Same with Lecturers and employers of labour.

Very sick folks.

The sickest being people who take advantage of their cousins from the wife's side of the family because she dey squat with them.

All of them na sex offenders

1 Like

Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by dawnomike(m): 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
Autobot05:

I have this distant cousin ( Mid 20’s) and we are quite close. From my perspective She kinda suffers from a mental disorder or illness rather but y’all know African parents and their mentality na. Her parents believed it’s a spiritual thing . This cousin of mine often run away from home.

The last time she ran away from home, she copied a pastor's Number from a TV advert when watching TV at home and ran to his house when her parents tracked her down to his house through his ( the pastor’s) help too. After meeting her parents He said she should stay at his place for a while so he can tackle her case specially . Her parents often send money to the pastor during those times. After a while She suddenly packed her bag and ran back to her parents house Without any explanation and the pastor kept calling her mother frequently to bring her over that he wasn’t done with the deliverance or whatever. ( the pastor is a married man btw and stays with his wife but I don’t know if they have kids )
Fast forward to last month the parents of my cousin found out she was pregnant. After multiple interrogations She finally confessed that the pastor Raped her ( while she was at his place ) and threatened to kill her if she tells anybody
She never told anyone even after she came back to her parents house until they found out she’s pregnant. The pastor isn’t aware he is still calling for them to send her back but her mother isn’t picking his calls

I’m lost because I was so close to her. she even babysat me as a toddler and even taught me Before I was old enough to go to school and we have been close since like forever … now I even stopped speaking to her because I feel so bad she opened the door for all this mess by running from home and not telling anyone at the right time .. I’m just trying to manage my emotions because I’m short tempered and can act irrationally when Angered

Visit a human right organization and also report to the ministry of women affairs.

The only issue will be how to prove it was a rape and not consentual.

1 Like

Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Scarrr: 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
Better cool down before u complicate already complicated thing again with your short fuse
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Mosetgg: 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2023
If you stay in Abuja I will take it up by writing a petition against the pastor for her for free.

If you are not within Abuja, seek the services of a lawyer but if you can’t afford the services of a lawyer go to any recognized Human Right Organization or visit any Ministry of women affairs as suggested above.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by TheFinesseKid: 1:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
Autobot05:

just mind your business man
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by NFBI: 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2023
Have not read the content..

But i think you should mind your business
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by BondRiv: 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2023
A report should be made to the police about the crime for the pastor to be arrested.

The rape victim should be taken to the hospital for medical examination and all the necessary medical reports taken for the prosecution of the case.

1 Like

Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by parcydrix(m): 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
If na ur sister you go talk this thing? Have sense IJN. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Geovanni412(m): 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
Autobot05:

You have zero to no chance of proving rape based on the circumstances you just described unless there is corroboration of the incident.

Linking the wounds that occurred due to the rape to the Pastor considering the timeline would be hard to do in a court of law

What she can do, however, is sth similar to what was done to Baba Ijesha - create a scenario in which the man can be caught trying to molest her then record him on video

1 Like

Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by kabius(m): 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2023
Are you sure is rape. And why will the very naive parents allow her to stay with Astor in the name of deliverance
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by samwash(m): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2023
This matter get has he be oo!!!
First report to the appropriate authority.
Secondly, because of the lady's mental health, it will be hard to take her seriously & the pastor sue for damages, not until the girl has a concrete evidence against the pastor.
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Gadafii: 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2023
Matter wey you supposed involved police asap, you carry come here

Pastors using their joysticks to deliver sheeples since 18BC
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by holarmylekan(m): 6:18pm On Dec 25, 2023
Report him or write a petition against him to the FCT police commissioner or the dpo of the police station in that area
Get a sound lawyer as he will charged to court after he has been arrested
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by PaZwoD: 7:06pm On Dec 25, 2023
Geovanni412:

You have zero to no chance of proving rape based on the circumstances you just described unless there is corroboration of the incident.

Linking the wounds that occurred due to the rape to the Pastor considering the timeline would be hard to do in a court of law

What she can do, however, is sth similar to what was done to Baba Ijesha - create a scenario in which the man can be caught trying to molest her then record him on video

The pregnancy can be used as evidence.
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Autobot05: 7:45pm On Dec 25, 2023
Mosetgg:
If you stay in Abuja I will take it up by writing a petition against the pastor for her for free.

If you are not within Abuja, seek the services of a lawyer but if you can’t afford the services of a lawyer go to any recognized Human Right Organization or visit any Ministry of women affairs as suggested above.

No Lagos
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Coolsat(m): 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2023
What is it with some of these pastors and knacking?

But they'll be saying bless you bless you all the time whenever you greet them ooo 😂😂😂
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Geovanni412(m): 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2023
PaZwoD:

Evidence of intercourse but not of rape

We're talking proof beyond all reasonable doubt.

They can get him on sexual assault if they set him up like those ladies did for Baba Ijesha.
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Geovanni412(m): 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2023
Coolsat:
What is it with some of these pastors and knacking?

But they'll be saying bless you bless you all the time whenever you greet them ooo 😂😂😂

They're MEN first

We need to look at them from that lens if we want to protect our kids

Would you be comfortable with your sister/daughter staying in the house of a man she intends to have no sexual relationship with?

If people think in this way, many of these issues will be avoided

Let's not forget that King David was a man after God's heart, yet he murdered Uriah because he couldn't control his urge to kpansh the man's wife.
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by TheFinesseKid: 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2023
parcydrix:

If na ur sister you go talk this thing? Have sense IJN. Amen
I don't have sister. The joke is on you. Nigga with animalistic tendencies.
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by ShinjaWWest: 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2023
Don't blv everything a woman say ..

They lie alot ..

That pastor can be innocent
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Passionnn: 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2023
dawnomike:
Visit a human right organization and also report to the ministry of women affairs.

The only issue will be how to prove it was a rape and not consentual.
They should just draw the pastor's attention to own up so that he could assume responsibility. The pastor, no doubt took advantage of her vulnerability, but proving it was rape could prove messy.
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by 100smile(m): 9:25pm On Dec 25, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
I don't have sister. The joke is on you. Nigga with animalistic tendencies.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2023
PaZwoD:

Not just pregnancy but DNA from the pregnancy.
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Anny69: 11:41pm On Dec 25, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
Rape apologist don talk. Oponu.

1 Like

Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by Anny69: 11:46pm On Dec 25, 2023
Autobot05:

No Lagos
She shouldn't suffer in silence. A mentally disordered person can not give consent.
Tag this account (@Lagosdsva) on Twitter since you're in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by TheFinesseKid: 4:43am On Dec 26, 2023
Anny69:
Rape apologist don talk. Oponu.
Mama e,baba e oponu.
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by imagrg(m): 6:28am On Dec 26, 2023
You said she's mentally unstable.

Please let her parents be discreet about this matter by discussing the matter privately with the pastor.
Re: Rape Case … What Steps Should I Take ? by jumokeadele(m): 6:45am On Dec 26, 2023
i wonder how people have boldness to cum inside a very unlawful sex . If you report the case and the pastor goes to jail , who will train the child? Your cousin will still end up having more mental issue knowing she has a child and the father is in jail

(1) (2) (Reply)

Promiscuity Is Eating Deep / 8 Golden Rules To A Lasting Relationship / How Do You Control Your Emotions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.