Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu (21202 Views)

Obasogie Of Benin Eduwu Ekhator Dies. Governor Obaseki Mourns / Re: Akeredolu, Ondo Governor's Convoy Crushes Man / Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Has ‘taken Over’ As Ondo Governor – Pastor Giwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Aisosa25: 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2023
Obaseki mourns passing of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu

It is with great grief that I received the news of the passing of my brother governor and dear friend, Arakurin Rotimi Akeredolu, the Governor of Ondo State, who served his people meritoriously and diligently, building a legacy of sacrifice, sustainable development and prosperity.

Brave and independent-minded, Akeredolu was a great man in all ramifications. From an illustrious career as a lawyer, rising to become a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and then serving as Governor of Ondo State, his intellect, hard work and diligence stood him out and was reflected in his attainments and the fervor in which he served the good people of Ondo State.

His legacy in the legal profession is indelible as he was renowned in his field of expertise while building a reputation of being thorough, incisive and comprehensive. It won him a lot of admirers who came to recognise his genius.

As Governor of Ondo State, Akeredolu worked for the people of Ondo State and was committed to the State’s advancement not minding its toll on him. He was a governor who cared deeply and undertook projects that would cement his name in the sands of time. He made remarkable progress in developing different sectors of the State’s economy and improved on key indices of government.

When it mattered the most, he was always a voice of reason to provide insight, direction and guidance on issues of national importance, a reflection of his love for our dear country and deep introspection. He, indeed, gave himself for the service of the motherland.

He will be remembered for his unwavering commitment to Nigeria’s development, for contributing to the emergence of modern Ondo State and for his unblemished faith in Nigeria’s unity and diversity.

I commiserate with the Government and good people of Ondo State and the Akeredolu family, and pray that God will grant all the fortitude to bear this painful and irreparable loss.

His Excellency,
Godwin Obaseki,
Governor, Edo State

https://www.godwinobaseki.com/News/obaseki-mourns-passing-of-ondo-governor-akeredolu

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by yinkus6750(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2023
He really served his people meritoriously.
Unfortunately, good people tend not to last.
Pray his soul R.I.P
End of an era.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Redomi(m): 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2023
One reason why you all politicians should be going back d to your people. People if Ondo state are jubilating now, whereas people in other state are mourning cos they have no idea of how bad Aketi government is to us

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Kenedos(m): 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2023
May soul rest in perfect peace..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by ivolt: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2023
Redomi:
One reason why you all politicians should be going back d to your people. People if Ondo state are jubilating now, whereas people in other state are mourning cos they have no idea of how bad Aketi government is to us
Can you provide evidence of the people jubilating?

46 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Akinboboz(m): 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2023
Redomi:

I guess you're a clown, who and who are rejoicing, biko, stop the trash amd respect the dead.

47 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Oloki: 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2023
Jubiliating as in......

Can you furnish us on some of his wrong doing or actions that had negative effect on the people of Ondo state?

Or you just like to talk trash?

21 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Redomi(m): 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2023
Akinboboz:

I guess you're a clown, who and who are rejoicing, biko, stop the trash amd respect the dead.

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Redomi(m): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2023
ivolt:

Can you provide evidence of the people jubilating?

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by ivolt: 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2023
[quote author=Redomi post=127648311][/quote]
So one post from an underage faceless kid out of a state with 5 million+ people is your evidence of people jubilating?

grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by slaawomirr: 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2023
Damnnn niggar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by money121(m): 3:06pm On Dec 27, 2023
Ok
Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by mannobi(m): 3:06pm On Dec 27, 2023
Hope Obaseki learns something from this that power doesn't last forever. If he likes, let me lock his deputy out of the gate, one day he won't be governor anymore.

14 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by omenka1: 3:06pm On Dec 27, 2023
What a world, if only 9ja politicians can understand and see life from another perspective, only then can they value it and be more humane in their actions and inactions towards the masses.
I bet this man never saw this coming 2yrs ago
The inevitable finally gave him the red card after all the shenanigans being displayed by ada owerri in order to retain her husband's.
May his soul RIP
Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by ihatebuhari(f): 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2023
It's well
Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by atobs4real(m): 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2023
Death dey mourn death.
Na waooo.
Do good before you die no just mourn
Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Judolisco(m): 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2023
Rip to him... He should have resigned to take good care of himself... It's easier said than done though... Me wey dey talk sef fit no resign...
Na why I dey always pray dat i should not face life challenges that's beyond my control or power

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Antoeni(m): 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2023
Was There Any prophecies About his Death From Our Washing & Setting Pastors ?

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Itiskdg121(m): 3:11pm On Dec 27, 2023
Primate Ayodele
Any prediction on this?

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Bbgbs23: 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2023
Redomi:

SMH. Naso una go deh vomit wetin una no no. E fit be say na that brown floor state you deh now typing this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Antoeni(m): 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2023
This is why we are saying power should be given to the youth and not old men

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Antoeni(m): 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2023
If someone with govt financial back up can't surv!ve this, what will the poor do!
Na God dey save us.

More reason you should always thank your maker for giving you a new day everyday.

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Bbgbs23: 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2023
Antoeni:

Like obi. I guess

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by AbuTwins: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2023
Alhamdulillah for the gift of life!
Many are dying!
Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Treasure17(m): 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2023
yinkus6750:
He really served his people meritoriously.
Unfortunately, good people tend not to last.
Pray his soul R.I.P
End of an era.
You playing right?
Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Segzy19: 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2023
Maggot has infested your brain sha....
Show us the evidence of jubilation...

Oloshi oloriburuku omo ale

Redomi:

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by deewhydoski(m): 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2023
Hello everyone. If you are familiar with airdrops and have a Binance account, check your Binance account and search for NFP. The token's airdrop is currently ongoing and it's already listed on Binance for $1.2.
Use this link to get 50 NFP
https://nfpdrop.com/?ref=2817fa58
Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Chibuzoripob: 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2023
sad
Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2023
Antoeni:

What age do you refer as Youth? grin I want to check something. grin

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Segzy19: 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2023
Is this your evidence?
A Facebook post? With no pictures?
Surely you no get sense

[quote author=Redomi post=127648297][/quote]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Antoeni(m): 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2023
Rest in peace.
I hope your colleagues understand that they are en route your destination and stop the ill treatment of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Mourns The Death Of Ondo Governor, Akeredolu by Dennisochampa: 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2023
May his soul rest in peace...
Let's live right now that we can...
Nobody knows when death will come calling...it doesn't respect anyone..... Big, small... Rich, poor... Na one way when death comes calling...
May God preserve us, our families, friends and loved ones.... Amen

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jibrin Lashes At Buhari, Says President Taken Hostage / INEC Issues Certificate Of Return To Senators-elect / EFCC: Malami Tackles Sagay, Says He’s Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.