Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu (10918 Views)

Ex-Delta Governor, Chief James Ibori Mourns Akeredolu, Na'abba / Tinubu Mourns Prof Ben Nwabueze / Tinubu Mourns Military Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash In Niger State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by TheDemola: 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2023
I MOURN MY FEARLESS BROTHER, ROTIMI AKEREDOLU

It is a difficult task to have to pen a tribute and sing a dirge for a departing soul. It is a more difficult job in our African culture when one is compelled to do so for a younger person. Here I am with the difficult job of singing a dirge for Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu, my beloved brother, confidant, political soulmate and governor of Ondo State.

I cannot fairly capture in words Rotimi’s towering figure and his human essence. Rotimi was a man who moved our nation towards equity, fairness and justice in his strident advocacy against every form of injustice in our country through the instrumentality of the law as a senior advocate, attorney general of his beloved state, as President of the Nigerian Bar Association and Governor of Ondo State.

In a challenging moment of our statehood when marauding agents of darkness spread their tentacles across our country, Rotimi was a strong voice in wilderness calling us to rethink our security architecture so we can have a more secure nation. His unrelenting advocacy led to the birth of the local police in the South West.

Rotimi was a man of ideas and action. While he was with us, he taught us the power of action and service. In Ondo State where he had the honour to serve as the Governor in the last 6 years, he served his people with absolute loyalty, dedication and forthrightness. His footprints dot the entire landscape in the hundreds of kilometres of roads he built, the many school he built and healthcare facilities that he provided. During the dark hours when marauding agents of darkness visited the state and killed defenceless citizens where 40 worshippers of the Catholic Church of Owo were killed on June 5, 2022, Rotimi’s leadership qualities as a true statesman and compassionate leader radiated brightly to the world. He was a mourner-in-chief who guided his people through an agonising period. Today, I MOURN a fighter and fearless defender of truth and the masses.

My personal journey with Rotimi started as joint members of the progressive family. We fought many battles together to restore progressive governance in the South West, Edo State and Nigeria as a whole. During this uncertain period, Rotimi was resolute and unflinching. He showed uncommon courage as member of our legal team in our battles to reclaim our stolen mandates in Ekiti, Ondo, Edo and Osun States. A gallant lawyer and one of the finest of the legal profession. I beckoned on him to contest for the governorship position of Ondo State in 2012. Even though he didn't make it in first attempt his enthusiasm and determination to serve his people never diminished. He eventually made it to the Alagbaka Government House in his second attempt in the 2016 election, Since he was sworn-in in February 2017, he had served the people with devotion.

Rotimi has played his role well and left us untimely. We will never see his likes again. Let me tell the people of Ondo State that I am grieving with you. We will honour Rotimi's memory and make sure his legacy of service is never forgotten.

In my grief and sadness, I have telephoned his wife, Betty, and Acting Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa to commiserate with them and urge them to take heart over this national tragedy.

Governor Akeredolu was not just a friend, ally and associate, he was a brother and soulmate.

His death is a blow to our governing APC and the progressive family as we are diminished by it.

I hope that his successor Aiyedatiwa will hold steadfast to the vision of governance left by this towering political leader.

H.E. Bola Ahmed Tinubu
President, Federal Republic of Nigeria
December 27, 2023

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:14pm On Dec 27, 2023
May his soul rest in perfect peace

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by TheDemola: 4:18pm On Dec 27, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:

Amen

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by orohbirodeysmel: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2023
No Governor have ever died in power in the South East...it is always the North and now the South West...

This is because of lack of good health care in the North and South West. The west resort to agbo too much, part of what deteriorated Aketi's health. When I heard that an erudite legal luminary like him was taking agbo, I was shocked.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Toluwanise247(m): 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2023
I testified to everything that was written about him is true. I saw a video on YouTube a woman from his residency crying bitterly about his death. The woman described how generous he was . I never see him one on one but I know he was a good man . God please grant him forgiveness .

18 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by TANID(m): 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
amen

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Saturnalia(m): 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2023
The death of Aketi is beyond painful.

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Dijita: 4:37pm On Dec 27, 2023
May his soul rest in peace.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by ElSudani: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2023
Very sad. May he rest in peace.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Totilopussylick(m): 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2023
It is a huge loss for the indigenous peoples of Ondo the sunshine State

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by richiemcgold: 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2023
Totilopussylick:
It is a huge loss for the indigenous peoples of Ondo the sunshine State
It isn't.
People are going about their daily activities as if nothing has happened. Only owo people are mourning. May his soul RIP

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Totilopussylick(m): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2023
Akeredolu may have not done everything for the indigenous peoples of Ondo state but the truth is that, you can never satisfy everyone tonguetongue
richiemcgold:

It isn't.
People are going about their daily activities as if nothing has happened. Only owo people are mourning. May his soul RIP

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by WebSurfer(m): 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2023
Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2023
TheDemola:
I MOURN MY FEARLESS BROTHER, ROTIMI AKEREDOLU

Mourn him by drinking wine and thinking of the next way to loot.
Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Laple0541(m): 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2023
Though he might have his shortcomings as human, but by and large, Akeredolu was a compassionate and great man who always liked to stand by justice. His death is a big loss to the country.

May his soul rest in peace 🙏

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Smartjeezy01(m): 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2023
So sad.
Where are the vanity crews?
May his soul rest in governor's lodge in heaven. We gonna miss this man because he is very loyal, jovial and a cheerful givers.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by tiswell(m): 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2023
I join emilokan on this sad news to mourn Aketi.

Rip,true omoluabi

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by haybhi1(m): 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:
No Governor have ever died in power in the South East...it is always the North and now the South West...

This is because of lack of good health care in the North and South West. The west resort to agbo too much, part of what deteriorated Aketi's health. When I heard that an erudite legal luminary like him was taking I was shocked.
Heaven can attest there is never a group of people as ... as those from the region of this putz, particularly those we encounter on nairaland.

How could you see others lose someone as iconic and formulate a tribalistic reasoning immediately, how did God even create these lot?

Ekweremadu left SE for medicals in UK but took along his criminal nuances that threw him in jail today, first of his kind in Nigeria, no one would attribute that to lack of medical facilities in SE, but in others case...

May God redeem you people.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Opolopoopolonio: 7:50pm On Dec 27, 2023
I mourn him too cry
Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by 2special(m): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2023
GOTVee:
sad
Born again Christian.....you better be proud of your Islamic religion

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by McLizbae: 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2023
Rip to a great man.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Jostoman: 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2023
W
Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by UnfairLife7(m): 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2023
richiemcgold:

It isn't.
mind your speech

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by McLizbae: 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2023
Bros which one be this again nah!? Why you nor kuku say nobody dey die for southEast! Yeye person!

Do you even realize that Akeredolu being the first governor to die with such circumstances in the SW, is also the first yoruba governor with an Igbo first lady?
We can safely advice future yoruba governors to reconsider their igbo wives as first lady to avoid the BettyAkeredolu effects.
orohbirodeysmel:

This is because of lack of good health care in the North and South West. The west resort to agbo too much, part of what deteriorated Aketi's health. When I heard that an erudite legal luminary like him was taking I was shocked.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Longingg: 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2023
RIP
Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by GUNITGuy: 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

An Erudite legal Luminary take Agbo kaii
Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by 96ACE: 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2023
R.I.P
Re: Tinubu Mourns Akeredolu by Jostoman: 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2023
I hope it is not high service

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fbi's Most Wanted Nigerian Criminals / PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week / Great Akwa Ibomite U Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.