Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,258 members, 7,829,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? (28397 Views)

I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Godoverevery: 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Cohabiting with a man that has not yet married you normal? I hope you'll still say the same if your daughter packs her load and go stay with a man that has not perform any marriage rites on her.

Normal my foot!

Not everyone with get married that a fact people like you need to swallow.

Alot of couples are living together without been married with kids....

I mean well to do men and women, well educated and exposed.

Marriage have outlived it purpose so if my daughter decide not to it isn't a crime or sin.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Badgers14: 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
shortgun:
It's logical to tell you to leave the girl or run for your life....but to who?
The experience you are having is just how women behave, you won't find a better one anywhere!
The only ones who will appear to be better are those who will pretend but will later show their true colours.
Any man who has made up his mind to get involved with a woman must be ready to put up with their nature and illogical dramas or just stay single.
You are even lucky she doesn't get angry with you cos you are cheating on her in her dreams.

The areas where I see you lacking is in dominance and assertiveness; you need to dominate her to conquer her.

I respect your opinion but disagree with your second bolded paragraph.

It is similarly as saying women should just "endure " characters they don't like in their husband because that's their husband.

The truth is in a relationship, no one is perfect, but when 2 people come together, they should be able to work with one another to get the best version of their partner.

Relationship is not only about sex, people in relationships shouldn't be coming together only for the purpose of sex if that want that relationship to last.

In marriage, a man and woman must live their homes and come together to create their own new world and that entails both parties working on themselves, dropping certain attitudes and picking up a new one that would fit the common objective which stands as the foundation of their new home.

I really don't like that saying take me as I am.. everyone has fault... and we should be working actively to get better .

Cheers!
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Dpaulie(m): 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:
I'm sorry, this post is going to be a long one. But you're saving a soul if you read through and advice candidly.

My story
We've dated for 6months and we've lived together for the 6months.

On our 3rd month, I found her interesting and told her I'll like to marry her. She accepted but no engagement ring or anything to show. We just accepted by word of mouth.

Since then, I've worked towards it. I've told her to call her mum and eldest brother(dad is late) to relate my idea and understand their feeling since it won't be that easy to marry. (same state, but my people and her people are highly selective in marriage)

After several persuasion, and threat that I'll throw her out if she doesn't relate the circumstances to her family, she called the mum. And again I had to force her to call the eldest brother. She claimed she did. And that's enough. I'm ok.

Meanwhile, there's this guy(her ex) she claims helped her when she came to Lagos. It was when I started accommodating her that I found out in her chats that she was living with this guy, but lied to me she was living with her Aunt and the aunt's husband was harassing her sexually and she wants to leave. She later told me the guy, though provides for him but has never had sex with her, even when she was living in his house. These stories doesn't move me since everyone, who is not a virgin has an ex. So I forgave all that and we moved on.

She wasn't everything I need in a women, but I told myself I could train her the way I want. We continued adjusting to each others likes and dislikes.

I feed her this 6 months, provide comfortable shelter, buy her things she needs,(not want). Told her I'll do more and open a shop for her, if we get married, but she still confronts me asking why should I wait till after marriage? . I didn't allow the words move me cos Its my decision and my money and also, I'm used to gold diggers.

A good number of times, I see her as being selfish. If things doesn't benefit her, she'll not get bothered even if I'm involved.

Just this week, It became obvious to me that she argues everything I request her to do. From 24th Dec, we've been on holiday, we're always at home.
1. I'll wake her up at 9 and ask her to prepare breakfast for the family, she'll prefer to roll on the bed than do it. I'll finally have to do it myself so I can get things done and get busy.

2. I detest girls on eye lashes. I've repeatedly told her how I dislike it, but when she went to fix herself for the Christmas, she fixed the eyelashes, Contrary to my demand.

3. I got her some sneakers to upgrade her fashion style and look smarter, instead of the usual slippers and sandals she wears.
When we prepared to go to the beach few days ago, I requested her to put on the sneakers to look more fashionable, but she refused buttressing that she must wear what she wants, sandals.

4. Few days ago, we had a heated argument and she said that if I'm not happy that she's living with me, that she can go, afterall, she has somewhere to stay. I asked her to go and she immediately called that her ex bf to come to my house. I immediately swung into action, took all her belongings out, before the ex will arrive, at the same time, retrieving the items I gifted her.
While she was struggling to have her gifted items back, our neighbours heard the struggle and had to come and settle for us. She apologized and I forgave her. we were back into the house.

5. Just yesterday , we left home together, and I locked the door and I took the keys with me. We walked down the street together to the Busstop, I have almost no friend and seldomly greet. But there's this my ex girlfriend by the roadside, she saw me and yelled my name, I went to greet her and my Fiancée picked offence, left me without waiting for me. After that I chased her and told her it's nothing because I've told her everything about this ex.
Before we could get to the Busstop, she demanded for the house keys and I gave her since she might come back earlier than me.
We couldn't say bye. The anger was clear on her face and we parted ways.

After about 15mins, I got to where I wanted to make payment for the items I picked only to notice I am not with my transaction phone. I was confused where could I have kept it, the seller insisted I may not have come to his shop with the phone, and the phone rang as I called with my second phone. so I had to call my Fiancée for assistance since she's with the keys.
At first, she said she was still around the Busstop but when I told her I needed her to go home and confirm my phones whereabout, she said she can't go back that she has gone far, shouted on me and hung the phone.

I called and called and called, but she didn't pick. Many thoughts ran into me. Who took this phone? My money? , my phone? , my sim card? . I had to find my way and trekked back about 4km to the house since I had no cash with me. And finally saw the phone ringing in my house. I was relieved.

The way she shouted to me on the phone got me unbalanced, I felt she would be fire if I get this girl as a wife.

We finally traveled to our home state today and I paid the bills for the traveling. My major plan of traveling was to see her people and do the needful before I mistakenly get her pregnant. But I'm seriously contemplating of canceling this plan and throw her out come January. I need peace.

Dear nairalanders, I'm really in the middle of the deep blue sea and the devil.

I need mature and candid advice please.
Should I continue with the marriage plans or the redflags are obvious?
"Dear nairalanders, I'm really in the middle of the deep blue sea and the devil."
And you're still here telling all this story, when you already know the quoted above
Run for dear life bro
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by correctguy101(m): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
princemillla:

I quite understand how you feel but my honest advice pls don't try to marry a woman who always have an options.

If you can relate with me on phone will share similar experiences wit you. Calling card on me.

Just to widen your views

Why don't be blunt(I wonder the eediots who chose this "blunt" word instead of s"sharp" on telling people off? ) with this guy so he can have sense? shocked

See talk...
but I told myself I could train her the way I want. We continued adjusting to each others likes and dislikes

Is that not a stoopid way of thinking?

Some will think this is the usual nonsense bloggers bring up but I've had a werey friend who experienced such. If I was a crazy person, I would've slept with that his so-called fiancee. That girl na serious crazy.

Crase na worldwide disease.. smh

Abegi

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by debbydams(f): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:
I'm sorry, this post is going to be a long one. But you're saving a soul if you read through and advice candidly.

My story

On our 3rd month, I found her interesting and told her I'll like to marry her. She accepted but no engagement ring or anything to show. We just accepted by word of mouth.

Since then, I've worked towards it. I've told her to call her mum and eldest brother(dad is late) to relate my idea and understand their feeling since it won't be that easy to marry. (same state, but my people and her people are highly selective in marriage)

After several persuasion, and threat that I'll throw her out if she doesn't relate the circumstances to her family, she called the mum. And again I had to force her to call the eldest brother. She claimed she did. And that's enough. I'm ok.

Meanwhile, there's this guy(her ex) she claims helped her when she came to Lagos. It was when I started accommodating her that I found out in her chats that she was living with this guy, but lied to me she was living with her Aunt and the aunt's husband was harassing her sexually and she wants to leave. She later told me the guy, though provides for him but has never had sex with her, even when she was living in his house. These stories doesn't move me since everyone, who is not a virgin has an ex. So I forgave all that and we moved on.

She wasn't everything I need in a women, but I told myself I could train her the way I want. We continued adjusting to each others likes and dislikes.

I feed her this 6 months, provide comfortable shelter, buy her things she needs,(not want). Told her I'll do more and open a shop for her, if we get married, but she still confronts me asking why should I wait till after marriage? . I didn't allow the words move me cos Its my decision and my money and also, I'm used to gold diggers.

A good number of times, I see her as being selfish. If things doesn't benefit her, she'll not get bothered even if I'm involved.

Just this week, It became obvious to me that she argues everything I request her to do. From 24th Dec, we've been on holiday, we're always at home.
1. I'll wake her up at 9 and ask her to prepare breakfast for the family, she'll prefer to roll on the bed than do it. I'll finally have to do it myself so I can get things done and get busy.

2. I detest girls on eye lashes. I've repeatedly told her how I dislike it, but when she went to fix herself for the Christmas, she fixed the eyelashes, Contrary to my demand.

3. I got her some sneakers to upgrade her fashion style and look smarter, instead of the usual slippers and sandals she wears.
When we prepared to go to the beach few days ago, I requested her to put on the sneakers to look more fashionable, but she refused buttressing that she must wear what she wants, sandals.

4. Few days ago, we had a heated argument and she said that if I'm not happy that she's living with me, that she can go, afterall, she has somewhere to stay. I asked her to go and she immediately called that her ex bf to come to my house. I immediately swung into action, took all her belongings out, before the ex will arrive, at the same time, retrieving the items I gifted her.
While she was struggling to have her gifted items back, our neighbours heard the struggle and had to come and settle for us. She apologized and I forgave her. we were back into the house.

5. Just yesterday , we left home together, and I locked the door and I took the keys with me. We walked down the street together to the Busstop, I have almost no friend and seldomly greet. But there's this my ex girlfriend by the roadside, she saw me and yelled my name, I went to greet her and my Fiancée picked offence, left me without waiting for me. After that I chased her and told her it's nothing because I've told her everything about this ex.
Before we could get to the Busstop, she demanded for the house keys and I gave her since she might come back earlier than me.

After about 15mins, I got to where I wanted to make payment for the items I picked only to notice I am not with my transaction phone. I was confused where could I have kept it, the seller insisted I may not have come to his shop with the phone, and the phone rang as I called with my second phone. so I had to call my Fiancée for assistance since she's with the keys.
At first, she said she was still around the Busstop but when I told her I needed her to go home and confirm my phones whereabout, she said she can't go back that she has gone far, shouted on me and hung the phone.

I called and called and called, but she didn't pick. Many thoughts ran into me. Who took this phone? My money? , my phone? , my sim card? . I had to find my way and trekked back about 4km to the house since I had no cash with me. And finally saw the phone ringing in my house. I was relieved.

The way she shouted to me on the phone got me unbalanced, I felt she would be fire if I get this girl as a wife.

We finally traveled to our home state today and I paid the bills for the traveling. My major plan of traveling was to see her people and do the needful before I mistakenly get her pregnant. But I'm seriously contemplating of canceling this plan and throw her out come January. I need peace.

let her go
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by tooth4tooth: 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:
She doesn't seem like a wife material to me. Flee before she makes your life a living hell. Only an evil women will make trek 4km to prove a point. Pls tell to return to her ex.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Goodnewsforlife: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

see mumu man

Even after red flag u still insist u wanna continue
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Father4all: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

oga, iWas listening to your story oo until you said you mistakely pregnant her. You don buy market oo. I swear
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by EmeeNaka: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

The only problem I see in this relationship is You. You probably have low self esteem. You are bothered that you will feel bad if the girl leaves. You are also afraid of leaving/losing her to a former boyfriend of hers. It is clear to you that the lady do not want to marry you even, she probably enjoys better sex with her ex and misses it. I know you don't want to hear this. She only love you for your care and love which you give to her. Even if she marry you, you are likely to see she gets. She knows you can pardon her nonsense. You are asking the question here, because you need a moral support to pull yourself out of the obvious future pain. I am telling you today to stop being a coward. Let her go to her ex. She prefers him. There are many good girls out there. You must stop thinking that you can't get another girl. You surely can!.
I will give you an Idea that will help you. The idea is that you must get another girlfriend while she is still with you. The new one will seriously distract you and within few weeks, you will never care if she stays or leaves. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by FireUpNow(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
You cannot control this woman anyways do what you think is right for you as a man
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by bonnyhope: 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Simply throw her out

Men these days are too blinded by sex they got from women

Can't you see that she's disrespecting you because of her ex?
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by eamark505: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
You only dated for 6months and in 3 You observed all of these displays and You got the mind to wanna move to marriage.
You seem to be the one who wants to take away your own peace.

Plus the lady in discussion doesn't love you, disrespectful, would often never listen to you, and seem to have the power here over you even though you the guy and she stays with you and all the caring and spending you doing.

There are enough reasons already to break her up right at this stage and move on with your life other than even thinking of courtship nor marriage.

Don't let the fact that You already living together and getting cheap knacks get you blindfolded nigga but rather as an eye opener to the kinda lady you think you wanna spend the rest of your life with.

A comment is enough for the wise.
You know what not to do bro.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by humility33(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
Usefulsense:

I have been married for over 12 years.

If the story you told is true, better run for your life.
That lady will make life miserable for you.

Hello Sir
Good evening

Can I talk to you please
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by mercysamuelson(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
You better do the needful now when it's so easy and possible to do so before you go enter one chance. Run, run and run. No try marry a woman out of pity even when you don see red flags Better to let her go.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Omookunnimi(m): 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
Some men don't really know what they want. Please you don't need any advice. First it is wrong to stay together with whom you want to marry. Secondly, if a girl doesn't respect you when she is not marry to you, she will never respect you after marriage. For your information, respect is number one things husband deserve from his wife.
No matter the advice you get, remember you are the only person that will live with your wife. If I know about half of what I now know about my wife, I will wouldn't have married her. A broken courtship is far better than broken marriage. There is nothing good in marriage than rest of mind. Don't marry her.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by ajbiggie(m): 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2023
My brother just cancelled the plan that girl go give u BP, u will not get peace. Do the needful

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by rollywise(m): 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2023
I just heard now that women show 15% of their bad side in relationship and after marriage they unleash the full 100%. Now let's apply this to your case 🙄🙄🙄. That means what you are seeing now is child's play compared to what's to come. Any relationship where you already having High blood pressure should not lead to marriage. You should have peace of mind with anyone you intend to marry. There must be no trust issues coz you don't want to be at work hustling and at same time worrying where exactly your wife is right now. But the ultimate decision is yours. Meanwhile if you go ahead, don't come back here to post admin please hide my identity in few years time o. Peace!!

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by judatech: 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2023
This guy is addicted to sex
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Quidsin(f): 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2023
Bad attitude is like a flat tyre. It won't take you anywhere. Seems like she is a liability, and she has a very bad attitude, and this one that she has her ex as 'plan B', These are red flags.

If you don't want to die young, free her.

Sora fun obinrin o : olorun a wa kpelu e.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by cooljude(m): 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

Guy! It seems you don't want to live long on earth..... Kindly pick raise.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Princessfumi: 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

hum let her go, I'm currently going tru the worst moment of my life because I married the wrong guy, I was pregnant before I see the flags tried to abort but u couldn't I'v spent two years in hell..hmmm

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Brushstrokes20: 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
# Red flag galore 🚩⛳🚩⛳🚩⛳
Her heart is elsewhere!
Embark on a DETOUR asap...
A word is enough
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by prigoz(m): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

4. Few days ago, we had a heated argument and she said that if I'm not happy that she's living with me, that she can go, after all, she has somewhere to stay. I asked her to go and she immediately called that her ex bf to come to my house. I immediately swung into action, took all her belongings out, before the ex will arrive, at the same time, retrieving the items I gifted her.

5. Just yesterday , we left home together, and I locked the door and I took the keys with me. We walked down the street together to the Bus Stop, I have almost no friend and seldomly greet. But there's this my ex girlfriend by the roadside, she saw me and yelled my name, I went to greet her and my Fiancée picked offence, left me without waiting for me. After that I chased her and told her it's nothing because I've told her everything about this ex.

Should I continue with the marriage plans or the red flags are obvious?
The marriage won't work, you see handwriting on the wall and you still seek advice.btw who told you that you can a woman who still loves her ex-. Marry her at your own peril
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Mac2016(m): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2023
I think poster too is overbearing. Some demands you made are not necessary. Why can't she wear eyelashes she enjoys cos u don't likes it. A woman must not always bend to ur demands cos ure the husband. As a husband you lead but ur leadership must be in love with understanding. Not always imposing everything you like. You both are connected for a purpose. Her need for accommodation. And you too have made her feel so bad as if she has no other option. Relax ur rules abit, slow down on marriage. I doubt if she wants to marry you too. She's most probably seeing you like ure taking advantage of her situation as she's using her body also to gain stay in your house.
Slow down on the marriage, watch more if she's keen on marrying u which I doubt. Let all ur benefits stop aside the accommodation and watch her reactions. She may quit herself eventually. I don't think she loves u sincerely or it could be the natural human resistance to being ultimately controlled that she's displaying. Just watch more.. And relax rules on her... It won't take long you will know the right direction to go.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Babangidapikin: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
Women that are just your friend would give you wahala, how much more the one you want to marry ... Don't try to stop her from showing her true colors, just simply ask yourself if you can cope with it, although I see you are trying to be controlling , let her be herself o ....all this I see is just excuses ...You are not in the former era, where you control a woman....
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Johnweeked12: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Is it that you do not know that you are a fool to contemplate marrying such a girl or you want a second opinion to state the obvious to you that if you mistakenly impregnate her or marry her, you are finished. That day she called her ex to come pick her should have been the deal breaker for you. As little as it sounds, it has grave consequences if she is your wife. May God give you the needful to do right for yourself.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by AlomoReloaded: 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

One word...
RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by DDayve: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Marriage is overrated and most people marry the wrong person but manage themselves till they depart either by death or other reasons

1. Never marry a girl out of pity
2. Never marry a woman who does not respect you
3. Never marry a girl you cannot control
4. Never marry a girl who threatens you
5. Never marry a lady who can illegally cohabit with the opposite sex without conscience
6. Don’t ever show your weakness to a woman
7. Don’t marry a lazy girl
8. If you cannot teach, mold, recreate and positively influence her, please let go

Plenty wisdom here!!!
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Tzar(m): 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
After all this your long story about how she is not submissive, loyal or respectful to you & how she is a selfish gold digger, are you expecting someone to encourage you to marry her?
Ok go ahead, marry her! Ode!
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by inioluwaDaniels(m): 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
I think it's d small small change n care dat is still keeping her in ur house. Av u thought of how life ll be if u don't av anything to give her. Dat girl is not into u one bit and she ll definitely leave u for her ex wen the time comes
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by albert2512: 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Looking closely, I think your character influenced most of her reactions but the bottom line is that you are guys are most likely not compatible. Walk away but this won't be easy for none of you especially you cos you are already attached to her but trust me she will be fine.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Brushstrokes20: 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
I've been there, done that..
But that was then, this is now!
# no bitch born of a woman dare tries most of these nonsense with me again, NEVER! 💯

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Sent To Prison For Failing To Marry A Lady He Got Pregnant In Lagos / Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys / My Wife Records Our Argument

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 293
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.