Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? (28407 Views)

I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by dinachi(m): 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:
I'm sorry, this post is going to be a long one. But you're saving a soul if you read through and advice candidly.

My story
We've dated for 6months and we've lived together for the 6months.

On our 3rd month, I found her interesting and told her I'll like to marry her. She accepted but no engagement ring or anything to show. We just accepted by word of mouth.

Since then, I've worked towards it. I've told her to call her mum and eldest brother(dad is late) to relate my idea and understand their feeling since it won't be that easy to marry. (same state, but my people and her people are highly selective in marriage)

After several persuasion, and threat that I'll throw her out if she doesn't relate the circumstances to her family, she called the mum. And again I had to force her to call the eldest brother. She claimed she did. And that's enough. I'm ok.

Meanwhile, there's this guy(her ex) she claims helped her when she came to Lagos. It was when I started accommodating her that I found out in her chats that she was living with this guy, but lied to me she was living with her Aunt and the aunt's husband was harassing her sexually and she wants to leave. She later told me the guy, though provides for him but has never had sex with her, even when she was living in his house. These stories doesn't move me since everyone, who is not a virgin has an ex. So I forgave all that and we moved on.

She wasn't everything I need in a women, but I told myself I could train her the way I want. We continued adjusting to each others likes and dislikes.

I feed her this 6 months, provide comfortable shelter, buy her things she needs,(not want). Told her I'll do more and open a shop for her, if we get married, but she still confronts me asking why should I wait till after marriage? . I didn't allow the words move me cos Its my decision and my money and also, I'm used to gold diggers.

A good number of times, I see her as being selfish. If things doesn't benefit her, she'll not get bothered even if I'm involved.

Just this week, It became obvious to me that she argues everything I request her to do. From 24th Dec, we've been on holiday, we're always at home.
1. I'll wake her up at 9 and ask her to prepare breakfast for the family, she'll prefer to roll on the bed than do it. I'll finally have to do it myself so I can get things done and get busy.

2. I detest girls on eye lashes. I've repeatedly told her how I dislike it, but when she went to fix herself for the Christmas, she fixed the eyelashes, Contrary to my demand.

3. I got her some sneakers to upgrade her fashion style and look smarter, instead of the usual slippers and sandals she wears.
When we prepared to go to the beach few days ago, I requested her to put on the sneakers to look more fashionable, but she refused buttressing that she must wear what she wants, sandals.

4. Few days ago, we had a heated argument and she said that if I'm not happy that she's living with me, that she can go, afterall, she has somewhere to stay. I asked her to go and she immediately called that her ex bf to come to my house. I immediately swung into action, took all her belongings out, before the ex will arrive, at the same time, retrieving the items I gifted her.
While she was struggling to have her gifted items back, our neighbours heard the struggle and had to come and settle for us. She apologized and I forgave her. we were back into the house.

5. Just yesterday , we left home together, and I locked the door and I took the keys with me. We walked down the street together to the Busstop, I have almost no friend and seldomly greet. But there's this my ex girlfriend by the roadside, she saw me and yelled my name, I went to greet her and my Fiancée picked offence, left me without waiting for me. After that I chased her and told her it's nothing because I've told her everything about this ex.
Before we could get to the Busstop, she demanded for the house keys and I gave her since she might come back earlier than me.
We couldn't say bye. The anger was clear on her face and we parted ways.

After about 15mins, I got to where I wanted to make payment for the items I picked only to notice I am not with my transaction phone. I was confused where could I have kept it, the seller insisted I may not have come to his shop with the phone, and the phone rang as I called with my second phone. so I had to call my Fiancée for assistance since she's with the keys.
At first, she said she was still around the Busstop but when I told her I needed her to go home and confirm my phones whereabout, she said she can't go back that she has gone far, shouted on me and hung the phone.

I called and called and called, but she didn't pick. Many thoughts ran into me. Who took this phone? My money? , my phone? , my sim card? . I had to find my way and trekked back about 4km to the house since I had no cash with me. And finally saw the phone ringing in my house. I was relieved.

The way she shouted to me on the phone got me unbalanced, I felt she would be fire if I get this girl as a wife.

We finally traveled to our home state today and I paid the bills for the traveling. My major plan of traveling was to see her people and do the needful before I mistakenly get her pregnant. But I'm seriously contemplating of canceling this plan and throw her out come January. I need peace.

Dear nairalanders, I'm really in the middle of the deep blue sea and the devil.

I need mature and candid advice please.
Should I continue with the marriage plans or the redflags are obvious?
If after all this red flag you still go ahead and marry this lady, please don't blame God. He showed you enough evidence via her horrible behaviours that she is not for you.

1. The girl has absolutely no respect from you.

2. She is still knacking her ex, if indeed he is even an ex.

3. She doesn't want to marry you. You were forcing her. That why you practically forced her to call her people. Don't do that again. You don't need to force any lady to call their people.

4. You are a slave to sex, which is what she used to hold you if not so I don't see any reasons why you should be confused about what to do.

5.Send her packing now, else, it will be too late when she go use her ex belle hold you down claiming that you are responsible.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by hahn(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
Walk away bro.

FanRong:
I'm sorry, this post is going to be a long one. But you're saving a soul if you read through and advice candidly.

My story

On our 3rd month, I found her interesting and told her I'll like to marry her. She accepted but no engagement ring or anything to show. We just accepted by word of mouth.

Since then, I've worked towards it. I've told her to call her mum and eldest brother(dad is late) to relate my idea and understand their feeling since it won't be that easy to marry. (same state, but my people and her people are highly selective in marriage)

After several persuasion, and threat that I'll throw her out if she doesn't relate the circumstances to her family, she called the mum. And again I had to force her to call the eldest brother. She claimed she did. And that's enough. I'm ok.

Meanwhile, there's this guy(her ex) she claims helped her when she came to Lagos. It was when I started accommodating her that I found out in her chats that she was living with this guy, but lied to me she was living with her Aunt and the aunt's husband was harassing her sexually and she wants to leave. She later told me the guy, though provides for him but has never had sex with her, even when she was living in his house. These stories doesn't move me since everyone, who is not a virgin has an ex. So I forgave all that and we moved on.

She wasn't everything I need in a women, but I told myself I could train her the way I want. We continued adjusting to each others likes and dislikes.

I feed her this 6 months, provide comfortable shelter, buy her things she needs,(not want). Told her I'll do more and open a shop for her, if we get married, but she still confronts me asking why should I wait till after marriage? . I didn't allow the words move me cos Its my decision and my money and also, I'm used to gold diggers.

A good number of times, I see her as being selfish. If things doesn't benefit her, she'll not get bothered even if I'm involved.

Just this week, It became obvious to me that she argues everything I request her to do. From 24th Dec, we've been on holiday, we're always at home.
1. I'll wake her up at 9 and ask her to prepare breakfast for the family, she'll prefer to roll on the bed than do it. I'll finally have to do it myself so I can get things done and get busy.

2. I detest girls on eye lashes. I've repeatedly told her how I dislike it, but when she went to fix herself for the Christmas, she fixed the eyelashes, Contrary to my demand.

3. I got her some sneakers to upgrade her fashion style and look smarter, instead of the usual slippers and sandals she wears.
When we prepared to go to the beach few days ago, I requested her to put on the sneakers to look more fashionable, but she refused buttressing that she must wear what she wants, sandals.

4. Few days ago, we had a heated argument and she said that if I'm not happy that she's living with me, that she can go, afterall, she has somewhere to stay. I asked her to go and she immediately called that her ex bf to come to my house. I immediately swung into action, took all her belongings out, before the ex will arrive, at the same time, retrieving the items I gifted her.
While she was struggling to have her gifted items back, our neighbours heard the struggle and had to come and settle for us. She apologized and I forgave her. we were back into the house.

5. Just yesterday , we left home together, and I locked the door and I took the keys with me. We walked down the street together to the Busstop, I have almost no friend and seldomly greet. But there's this my ex girlfriend by the roadside, she saw me and yelled my name, I went to greet her and my Fiancée picked offence, left me without waiting for me. After that I chased her and told her it's nothing because I've told her everything about this ex.
Before we could get to the Busstop, she demanded for the house keys and I gave her since she might come back earlier than me.

After about 15mins, I got to where I wanted to make payment for the items I picked only to notice I am not with my transaction phone. I was confused where could I have kept it, the seller insisted I may not have come to his shop with the phone, and the phone rang as I called with my second phone. so I had to call my Fiancée for assistance since she's with the keys.
At first, she said she was still around the Busstop but when I told her I needed her to go home and confirm my phones whereabout, she said she can't go back that she has gone far, shouted on me and hung the phone.

I called and called and called, but she didn't pick. Many thoughts ran into me. Who took this phone? My money? , my phone? , my sim card? . I had to find my way and trekked back about 4km to the house since I had no cash with me. And finally saw the phone ringing in my house. I was relieved.

The way she shouted to me on the phone got me unbalanced, I felt she would be fire if I get this girl as a wife.

We finally traveled to our home state today and I paid the bills for the traveling. My major plan of traveling was to see her people and do the needful before I mistakenly get her pregnant. But I'm seriously contemplating of canceling this plan and throw her out come January. I need peace.

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by agabaI23(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
Oga I no finish but I feel you want to marry big nyash or big breast or pretty face or a combination of all of three.

You know the truth and that's why you're here. Pity your ancestors. That girl no rate you at all.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by JordanMichael(m): 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
It's obvious she's not ready for marriage shocked
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by alizma: 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Don't be in haste to do anything. The girl in question is yet to be on her own to take balanced decision. Most of her decisions are based on her need(accommodation) she may not really have feelings for you.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Skyfornia(m): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
The only thing I want to ask you is this

Name 3 reasonable things you will gain from marrying her
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by primeache: 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
This relationship be like colorful dashboard of a problem car
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Gidigrav(m): 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
You expect me to Give you advice you don't know what yoh saying
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by shobusag: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
shortgun:
It's logical to tell you to leave the girl or run for your life....but to who?
The experience you are having is just how women behave, you won't find a better one anywhere!
The only ones who will appear to be better are those who will pretend but will later show their true colours.
Any man who has made up his mind to get involved with a woman must be ready to put up with their nature and illogical dramas or just stay single.
You are even lucky she doesn't get angry with you cos you are cheating on her in her dreams.

The areas where I see you lacking is in dominance and assertiveness; you need to dominate her to conquer her.

This helped me as well man!!! My girl of 19 months is almost what this guy described here but one thing is that she loves me so much. But she likes doing what makes her happy without minding my reaction. But I am trying my best to let her know that am in charge. I have been 60% successful in that though. But my fear is about what will happen after marriage. Because the only thing that resets her to being 100% loyal is whenever I threaten to break up with her [she knows I can easily change my mind] apart from that she is just between 55 to 60% loyal. And that attitude alone has delayed me from getting married to her. I am as confused as this brother. But ur opinion helped me a little
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by richie240: 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
princemillla:

I quite understand how you feel but my honest advice pls don't try to marry a woman who always have an options.

If you can relate with me on phone will share similar experiences wit you. Calling card on me.

Just to widen your views
95% of ladies have an 'option' button stored somewhere in their brains. Since they will always want to 'level up', they will always fall for the temptation of going for a guy that has more than what you've got.

If she's attracted by ur 5- packs, she will go with a 6-packed guy if that one toasts her.
If it's ur money that attracted her, she'll fall for a guy that has more money than u if he toasts her.

You say u want a woman but nor want their drama? #on_a_long-thing.
cool

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Exceed15: 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
If she is challenging your principles now she will do worse in marriage. Marriage does not people. I see hell in that marriage if you marry her. I don tell u o.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by maxiuc(m): 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
Uncle as I was reading your story I saw where an ex is involved hmmmm Better cancel whatsoever plans you have with her and tell her to go meet the ex that you are not interested marriage never start she don dey lie up and down
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by NEUDUDE: 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
All of una just wan marry lol. What good is it to marry problem. Oya go and buy your problem now he-goat
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by shineeye1: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

She started living with you from the day you started dating her! What a generation! Una well-done. Yet you want the best of life from this relationship. What an aspiration!
For six months, you two delinquents have been "married" though criminally and now you are seeking public opinion on your new idea of dissolution of your self-styled marriage? Una no well..
Go and get well.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by WhereMyLoud: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
shortgun:
The experience you are having is just how women behave, you won't find a better one anywhere!
The only ones who will appear to be better are those who will pretend but will later show their true colours.
Any man who has made up his mind to get involved with a woman must be ready to put up with their nature and illogical dramas or just stay single.
You are even lucky she doesn't get angry with you cos you are cheating on her in her dreams.

The areas where I see you lacking is in dominance and assertiveness; you need to dominate her to conquer her.
O.P no listen to this one.. I sure say na the girl friend dey talk on her behalf so.. Maybe even the ex you spoke of..

God forbid. Me and you geh issue i say commot house the first person you call na ur ex boyfriend.. your fada dia..!!! I can bet you the day she shouted at you and cut call.. guy she went to see that ex boyfriend.. they are still fvcking live and direct.. if care is not taken you will train another man's child.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Greazyman99: 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2023
If you marry her, then you deserve it
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by richie240: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
favour32:
The flag wey red pass, na to marry a jobless girl.
She go show you pepper.

Many guys don hear am wey do am.

Jobless or not, the girl wey don bad from her father's house will be bad in her husband's house. The only difference is that she'll be an employed bad wife.

Under normal circumstances, a wife is supposed to be at home nuturing u and the kids, that's why they are called 'housewife'. Na civilization make women dey drag trouser with man.

The girl wey don spoil from her papa house will still be rotten in her husband's house, irrespective of whether she's jobless or employed.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
Patented:

Red flags Boku!!
You sha wan kee yourself... You better find better person ... E be like she Sabi for bed dey enter your head or her looks... These things no dey sustain marriage pass a year ooo... I pity your peace ... You will just turn a walking dead
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by yakson84(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
What u are curently experiencing is what we called semi marriage,since u are now living together. Every married couple experience one form challenge and other. U wil never know someone well until you live together. That is why it take patience and faith to make marriage work. No amount courtship wil give u perfect marriage. Remember the devil is better than the angel u dont know.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by richie240: 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
shortgun:

If u know, u know; if not then fogerrabourit!
cool

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2023
Usefulsense:

I have been married for over 12 years.

If the story you told is true, better run for your life.
That lady will make life miserable for you.
She will take peace away from his life
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by DLegacy1(m): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Please give me one good reason why you should marry a girl that doesn't respect you.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by MartinsD12(m): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

You don't need anybody to tell you these are red flags
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Machidon: 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Oh no no noo. This one no follow. Even me reading this, my heart is boiling
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by samology2000: 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
O.P pls no use your hand buy problem for yourself..
Mention 3 things she has contributed to your relationship.
If she can behave like this now I bet you she will frustrate you when both of you finally get married.
A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.
Pls...be warned!!!
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Juoflife1(f): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2023
Abort mission!
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Caleycash(m): 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Once a woman lies to you and disobeys you at will in your face... do away with such woman!!!, she doesn't love you, contacting her ex immediately says it all... you've been a mugu and SIMPLETON, if you marry that girl you'll see hell on earth!!!
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Patented: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

You sha wan kee yourself... You better find better person ... E be like she Sabi for bed dey enter your head or her looks... These things no dey sustain marriage pass a year ooo... I pity your peace ... You will just turn a walking dead

Na me you come quite instead of OP
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Fearyourcreator: 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2023
Patented:

Na me you come quite instead of OP
No vex ... Lolzzzzzz.. the guy just wan kee himself ni... Lolzzz
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by fantastic1: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2023
Do you want to die young? If not, run for your life.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Bukolaolamipo: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

You're a dead man walking
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Fulaninigger: 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
We have many foolish men and slowpoke in Nigeria, and it's guys like you that give us bad names. Making all ladies think we are like you

A lady threatened to leave, to an extent of calling her ex and you still had the audacity to forgive her. What makes you think she still won't be in contact even after marrying her? undecided
FanRong:

My story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Sent To Prison For Failing To Marry A Lady He Got Pregnant In Lagos / Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys / My Wife Records Our Argument

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 252
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.