Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man (14404 Views)

How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man / What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? / Single Man Throws Himself A Baby Shower As He Awaits The Birth Of His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Ogisbaba: 6:06pm On Jan 03
If only the authority will allow a single parentage for the adoption then go ahead please !!
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Goldbw122(m): 6:29pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:
Nl folks, pls your opinions are needed.
I'm currently 31, earning reasonably well and with greater prospects for the future.

The pressure to settle down is getting stronger by the day. However, I don't consider myself psychically fit for marriage in the midst of the deterioration that the marriage Institution is experiencing.

Judging by my current perspective and disposition on the subject of marriage, I don't see myself setting down even in the next 5years. I try to carefully look at the pros and cons of contracting a marriage in today's world and I always come to the conclusion that there are more cons than pros.

I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them hence I derive my fulfillment and pleasure in doing the things I love to do, acquiring wealth and giving help wherever I deem necessary.

The thought of opting for an adoption is beginning to occupy the greater part of my consciousness and the reasons are few and in my opinion very valid.

1. Progeny is very important in social arrangements especially in the Igbo society. I'll definitely be needing someone to carry on the family's name and legacy when I'm no more.

2. If my perspective on marriage changes for any reason and I decide to take the step towards contracting one, I may have become a little too old then to handle the perculiates of marriage and family life( parenting, school runs issues etc). But with a child already in picture and almost a teenager by then, that part of the problem would have been kicked out..

Nb:As for raising the adopted child, myself, parents, siblings and a helper will be involved while financial responsibility will be exclusively mine.

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience.

It's essential to prioritize your personal well-being and fulfillment. If marriage doesn't align with your current values and lifestyle, consider focusing on your passions, career, and personal growth. Adoption is a thoughtful option for preserving familial ties while allowing flexibility in your life choices. Keep exploring what brings you happiness and purpose.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by PricelessGem1: 6:30pm On Jan 03
This is on point. The OP should read this again and again. This is clearly speaking to him but he needs wisdom to understand it.
TimiRume:
What you are looking for is companionship not a progeny(you just don't know what it is yet) Yes you are aware of a gap but you are mistaking it for something else.

If you dig deeper, you will see a crave for a female partner. And when you dig even further down the root, you will see something unclear, undefined, impossible to grasp by you but if light should prick your heart, you will see your creator's arms wide opened.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Thebest12(m): 6:47pm On Jan 03
MiracleMe7:

Gay spotted! Don't dispute it. This is what they are known for. F*king the fellow man an*s and adopting a baby. What will make a full-grown adult at 31 think unless being gay? Did your parents adopt you?

Good . Have been reading all the comments and none have said what is in my mind . You get sense jaree ... This is the absolute truth, I wonder why all others are not seeing this truth. The op is a gay 😒🤨 wants to adopt a child , while married and fvxking his fellow anus idiyot
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Thebest12(m): 6:49pm On Jan 03
komzy589:

He wants it and frankly, I don’t think there’s a situation here that dissuades him from raising a child.
He has the finance and sounds like someone who’s very honest with his sensations. At least he understands that he’s not going to be in a sexual relationship with anyone in the near future.
This man seem more ready to have a child than so many couples today.

That man is a gay . Why you guys ain't detecting this baffles me alot
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Thebest12(m): 6:50pm On Jan 03
komzy589:

You people are just pained that a man is exploring other ways of having kids without involving a woman that he’s emotionally connected to.
This is Nigeria and he’ll get his wish whether you’re pained or ok with it.

Na gay abeg rest
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by JayPeeOham: 7:59pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:
I'm currently 31, earning reasonably well and with greater prospects for the future.

The pressure to settle down is getting stronger by the day. However, I don't consider myself psychically fit for marriage in the midst of the deterioration that the marriage Institution is experiencing.

Judging by my current perspective and disposition on the subject of marriage, I don't see myself setting down even in the next 5years. I try to carefully look at the pros and cons of contracting a marriage in today's world and I always come to the conclusion that there are more cons than pros.

Oga are you sure you are talking about getting a human being or getting a teddy bear or a dog?
You sound like your money would get you anything in life including buying a human being just to satisfy your own selfish desires to the detriment of the child's emotions, care, love, joy, happiness and other human feelings

Guy you be gay ABI you be homo which one?
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by CrownLands(m): 9:16pm On Jan 03
I'd suggest you get a surrogate.
This will serve two purposes; progenitor and biological identity for the future.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Omalicious1: 10:00pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them hence I derive my fulfillment and pleasure in doing the things I love to do, acquiring wealth and giving help wherever I deem necessary.

The thought of opting for an adoption is beginning to occupy the greater part of my consciousness and the reasons are few and in my opinion very valid.

1. Progeny is very important in social arrangements especially in the Igbo society. I'll definitely be needing someone to carry on the family's name and legacy when I'm no more.

2. If my perspective on marriage changes for any reason and I decide to take the step towards contracting one, I may have become a little too old then to handle the perculiates of marriage and family life( parenting, school runs issues etc). But with a child already in picture and almost a teenager by then, that part of the problem would have been kicked out..

Nb:As for raising the adopted child, myself, parents, siblings and a helper will be involved while financial responsibility will be exclusively mine.

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience.

Men are always dragged and guilt-tripped whenever they try to set a standard for themselves. I believe if it were the other gender. They would would've been praised to the high heavens

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by DelphiOracle(m): 10:35pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

The idea of a babymama sounds somewhat immoral, deceitful and wicked to me. I believe that if a lady is good enough to produce a child for you, she should also be good enough to be brought close as a wife rather than a mere baby making machine
nahhhh. U fit born pikin no mean say u go be better wife o. E no follow

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Egoveen: 11:15pm On Jan 03
TimiRume:
What you are looking for is companionship not a progeny(you just don't know what it is yet) Yes you are aware of a gap but you are mistaking it for something else.

If you dig deeper, you will see a crave for a female partner. And when you dig even further down the root, you will see something unclear, undefined, impossible to grasp by you but if light should prick your heart, you will see your creator's arms wide opened.
wet in this one dey yarn sef😏😏😏

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by komzy589(m): 11:15pm On Jan 03
Thebest12:

That man is a gay . Why you guys ain't detecting this baffles me alot
So you think unmarried people do not have sex with their opposite gender.
He simply isn’t planning to get married because he doesn’t want to deal with women crap, not because he doesn’t want to have sex with women.
FYI, study have showed that most unmarried men have sex more than married men.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by komzy589(m): 11:22pm On Jan 03
PricelessGem1:
This is on point. The OP should read this again and again. This is clearly speaking to him but he needs wisdom to understand it.
Nonsense.
Yes everyone is craving for companion. But nowadays, most men don’t trust the company of a wife because it can end up being a disaster.
I’m on the OPs side on this one.
A child can also be a companion too. The parenting venture can very well be accompanying.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by komzy589(m): 11:25pm On Jan 03
TimiRume:

Nonsense.
Yes everyone is craving for companion. But nowadays, most men don’t trust the company of a wife because it can end up being a disaster.
A child can also be a company. The parenting venture can very well be accompanying.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Vision101(m): 3:24am On Jan 04
You can't officially adopt any child if you are single.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by lordsterlin(m): 5:29am On Jan 04
tasalanoni:

Methinks the Op is trying to dance around why he's not inclined to marriage. His reasons are as vague as the meaning of the word. Just simply tell us that yours is a complicated life and that the thought of living a pretentious life with someone you ain't attracted to all in the guise of marriage seem awkward to you hence your decision to pursue adoption. With adoption, you feel your attraction to people of same gender is completely going to be overlooked. This is your primary and secondary reason. You can't fool everyone here as more discerning men like me already know that you're GAY!
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:00am On Jan 04
tasalanoni:

The idea of a babymama sounds somewhat immoral, deceitful and wicked to me. I believe that if a lady is good enough to produce a child for you, she should also be good enough to be brought close as a wife rather than a mere baby making machine
babymama sure pass.some ladies are just good for making babies.Nothing else grin
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by JimD(m): 6:15am On Jan 04
If you have money, pay for a surrogate. You can adopt when older. You should father your own child. Makes it worth it.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by HIbreed(m): 7:16am On Jan 04
wittyt98:
I'm not saying the idea of adopting a child is bad or terrible but, since when has impregnating a woman become so hard??

do you have a medical history that suggests you cannot recreate?? Why not make your own baby and let he/she grow with your mother since you claim you're not family oriented

You can even impregnate a woman, make your own baby and still adopt a child if you so wish or crave to adopt. But the idea of not having a child to carry your own blood doesn't sound right to me. If there's a medical history that's hindering you from making your own child, it's better you say it for clarity sake

Look at the picture attached below,👇👇 Don't you crave moments like that in your life?? undecided
African mentality at its best. People now prefer to adopt, and it's gaining a global acceptance.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jacksparrow7(m): 9:02am On Jan 04
Surrogacy
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by cococandy(f): 9:22am On Jan 04
descarado:
One lady broke his heart.
Kpele.
Give it time, you will heal and try again.

of course
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by PEACE2023: 10:22am On Jan 04
tasalanoni:

Useless gays ediot
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by winner37(m): 10:48am On Jan 04
tasalanoni:

Just hit the nail on the head at once and stop asking for screw driver or chisel..
Say it out that you have some health issues impregnating a lady turns to zero percent then doctor in the house might do some research on you ... thank you ..
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Shugargal(f): 12:12pm On Jan 04
Jewessgratitud3:

You get money to pay on dollars? grin. What are sisters for? I don do am finish grin
Smiling 😃...I knew you would use me catch cruise. Na laugh I just wan laugh ni.fumny you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by yollychika(f): 1:39pm On Jan 04
Adopt pls and adopt two kids pls! Women no dey reliable
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by jmichael259(m): 3:04pm On Jan 04
tasalanoni:

SINGLE MAN?
ADOPT?
IN NIGERIA?!

Not all ladies want to marry. Marriage is not by force. You might as well "marry" the lady traditionally that's by meeting their people and letting them know she's with someone. This is recognised but not rites are not complete. It's like what the foreigners call civil union.
You don't even need to live full time with the person and this solves the guilt, shame of just baby mama.
This is a traditional contract, no legal registration etc.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Timtim007(f): 9:00pm On Jan 04
Jewessgratitud3:

Come young lady.. what's your mission? Adopt you as a child or for marriage?
Anyone o... just adopt me wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by BluntCrazeMan: 5:20am On Jan 05
At all times, see the child as your biological child (son or daughter)
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Rianalove: 2:36pm On Jan 09
Hello...
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Rianalove: 4:42pm On Jan 09
tasalanoni:

Hello...
I am interested in being an unorthodox traditional surrogate.
This means that I would perform the services of providing my egg for the formation of the foetus, use my womb for the gestation of the foetus for 9 months, birth the child, breastfeed the child/children, take care of the baby or babies, train and raise them with the motherly love that they deserve since you said you are incapable of doing that.
I require just some things which include; A contract marriage and series of test to affirm our health status and eligibility to have children in order to have authentic information towards this course.
I am a 29 years old Virgin who has been daydreaming of giving my virginity to a man who loves and cherishes me, but that hasn't happened yet.
I am willing to pour all the love I have in raising the children.
I'll be willing to include my virginity in the package for natural insemination.
We could include a virginity test in the series of tests we would do before signing the contract.
You would not be required to pay any bride price. Whatever Bride Price my people requests from you would be deducted from the money you would pay me.

The major fee for this service would be 50,000 dollars which covers Raw S*x or Natural Insemination, Conception, Gestation of the Child or Children, Child birth, Breastfeeding, Childcare and Child training.
The side fee would be 1,000 dollars as soon as we meet and and start up the processes.
You would have to sign a contract stating that you'll be responsible for the provision of these children from their birth till they are old enough.
Please let me know if you are interested, thank you.

P.S.: Just incase the Op is not interested in my offer and there's someone else who is interested in this offer, kindly indicate interest, thank you.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by tasalanoni(m): 8:27pm On Jan 10
Rianalove:

Hello...
I am interested in being an unorthodox traditional surrogate.
This means that I would perform the services of providing my egg for the formation of the foetus, use my womb for the gestation of the foetus for 9 months, birth the child, breastfeed the child/children, take care of the baby or babies, train and raise them with the motherly love that they deserve since you said you are incapable of doing that.
I require just some things which include; A contract marriage and series of test to affirm our health status and eligibility to have children in order to have authentic information towards this course.
I am a 29 years old Virgin who has been daydreaming of giving my virginity to a man who loves and cherishes me, but that hasn't happened yet.
I am willing to pour all the love I have in raising the children.
I'll be willing to include my virginity in the package for natural insemination.
We could include a virginity test in the series of tests we would do before signing the contract.
You would not be required to pay any bride price. Whatever Bride Price my people requests from you would be deducted from the money you would pay me.

The major fee for this service would be 50,000 dollars which covers Raw S*x or Natural Insemination, Conception, Gestation of the Child or Children, Child birth, Breastfeeding, Childcare and Child training.
The side fee would be 1,000 dollars as soon as we meet and and start up the processes.
You would have to sign a contract stating that you'll be responsible for the provision of these children from their birth till they are old enough.
Please let me know if you are interested, thank you.

P.S.: Just incase the Op is not interested in my offer and there's someone else who is interested in this offer, kindly indicate interest, thank you.
Thanks! I'm not intrested in surrogacy. It violates my convictions on motherhood and parenting.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Rianalove: 10:18pm On Jan 10
tasalanoni:

Thanks! I'm not intrested in surrogacy. It violates my convictions on motherhood and parenting.

Although my type of surrogacy does not say I am giving up my baby, that's why there's "Unorthodox" there; however I respect your decision.
Good luck on the adoption option.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable? / Her Boyfriend Won't Reveal His Surname And Age / Husband Calls Police Emergency Line To Report His Wife's Loud Snoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.