Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man (14452 Views)

How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man / What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? / Single Man Throws Himself A Baby Shower As He Awaits The Birth Of His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Kobicove(m): 2:29pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

That's completely out of the picture.

Why is it completely out of the picture?

What guarantees can you offer to buttress this?
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by BondRiv: 2:34pm On Jan 03
phorget:

You are busy blowing grammar but I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Take correction.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by komzy589(m): 2:39pm On Jan 03
Kobojunkie:
I would not recommend you adopt any child into your situation. lipsrsealed
He wants it and frankly, I don’t think there’s a situation here that dissuades him from raising a child.
He has the finance and sounds like someone who’s very honest with his sensations. At least he understands that he’s not going to be in a sexual relationship with anyone in the near future.
This man seem more ready to have a child than so many couples today.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by ibinaboonline: 2:39pm On Jan 03
😆😆Leave him alone, this woman. 😄😄
TimiRume:
What you are looking for is companionship not a progeny(you just don't know what it is yet) Yes you are aware of a gap but you are mistaking it for something else.

If you dig deeper, you will see a crave for a female partner. And when you dig even further down the root, you will see something unclear, undefined, impossible to grasp by you but if light should prick your heart, you will see your creator's arms wide opened.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by abbeyd2(m): 2:40pm On Jan 03
You better open up to people so you can get your problem solved. I don't want to have a family I believe you fall from heaven 😇
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Schoolshooter: 2:43pm On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:

If you're serious and need a surrogate, I can volunteer but not through direct sexual intercourse o. Through insemination and after thorough HIV and other STDs test. I'll carry your baby to full term for you and deliver with CS. At least it will be your blood and every body goes their separate ways afterwards cos me too i no want Marriage wahala but somebody wey go take good care of my offspring cheesy.
You must be handsome too. I no wan born atutupuyoyo grin
I dey game o.

TF nigger

What kind of forking simp will agree to your t & c ??
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by komzy589(m): 2:44pm On Jan 03
wittyt98:
I'm not saying the idea of adopting a child is bad or terrible but, since when has impregnating a woman become so hard??

do you have a medical history that suggests you cannot recreate?? Why not make your own baby and let he/she grow with your mother since you claim you're not family oriented

You can even impregnate a woman, make your own baby and still adopt a child if you so wish or crave to adopt. But the idea of not having a child to carry your own blood doesn't sound right to me. If there's a medical history that's hindering you from making your own child, it's better you say it for clarity sake

Look at the picture attached below,👇👇 Don't you crave moments like that in your life?? undecided
One of the problems with Africans is failing to understand that people are different. Variety is the spice of life and frankly, for some, there’s no moment to crave in that picture.
Personally, I won’t be in a picture like that, even if I’m paid to do it.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by TimiRume(f): 2:45pm On Jan 03
ibinaboonline:
😆😆Leave him alone, this woman. 😄😄
I lie cheesy
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by komzy589(m): 2:48pm On Jan 03
motionarena:

What deterioration?
Continue basing your life on what you see on social media and nairaland am sorry 4 you.

Many young couples are getting married and living happily be forming bachelor.
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Jewessgratitud3: 2:50pm On Jan 03
Schoolshooter:

TF nigger

What kind of forking simp will agree to your t & c ??

Ah ah.. this one no Sabi how surrogate dey work ni?
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by komzy589(m): 2:51pm On Jan 03
Brownemeka:
According to U, You're not a family oriented Man,Yet U want to Adopt a child... You're not qualified Oga...Let your wealth be your companion...in future you'll realize Y U will never be wiser than God ....
You people are just pained that a man is exploring other ways of having kids without involving a woman that he’s emotionally connected to.
This is Nigeria and he’ll get his wish whether you’re pained or ok with it.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Autobot05: 2:51pm On Jan 03
Instead of y’all to shut up or give an advice related to his request you’re advising him to get married which he doesn’t want

Who tf wants marriage with the rate of infidelity, divorce or paternity fraud

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Benwallt(m): 2:56pm On Jan 03
So long you're adopting a dog not bitch. It's all good
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by phorget(m): 2:58pm On Jan 03
BondRiv:

Take correction.

NO GREE FOR ANYBODY...my 2024 resolution.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by komzy589(m): 3:02pm On Jan 03
Olatara:
You are not family oriented and you want to adopt a child.

How do you intend doing that?⁰

Do not adopt any child, do you think adopting is about dropping money for school, clothes and food.

Be careful!
Get out with your archaic mindset.
If someone doesn’t want to deal with the emoticonal aspect of sharing custody of a child with a spouse, one’s free to do so, as long as one can take care of that child.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Limassol(m): 3:08pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:
Nl folks, pls your opinions are needed.
I'm currently 31, earning reasonably well and with greater prospects for the future.

The pressure to settle down is getting stronger by the day. However, I don't consider myself psychically fit for marriage in the midst of the deterioration that the marriage Institution is experiencing.

Judging by my current perspective and disposition on the subject of marriage, I don't see myself setting down even in the next 5years. I try to carefully look at the pros and cons of contracting a marriage in today's world and I always come to the conclusion that there are more cons than pros.

I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them hence I derive my fulfillment and pleasure in doing the things I love to do, acquiring wealth and giving help wherever I deem necessary.

The thought of opting for an adoption is beginning to occupy the greater part of my consciousness and the reasons are few and in my opinion very valid.

1. Progeny is very important in social arrangements especially in the Igbo society. I'll definitely be needing someone to carry on the family's name and legacy when I'm no more.

2. If my perspective on marriage changes for any reason and I decide to take the step towards contracting one, I may have become a little too old then to handle the perculiates of marriage and family life( parenting, school runs issues etc). But with a child already in picture and almost a teenager by then, that part of the problem would have been kicked out..

Nb:As for raising the adopted child, myself, parents, siblings and a helper will be involved while financial responsibility will be exclusively mine.

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience.

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Rrchrd(m): 3:10pm On Jan 03
If you're medical fit & you said you wanto adopt a child that mean @31 you're your thinking is still immature & before you geto 40 you'll know the right thing to do.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Trustyourself: 3:12pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:
I'm currently 31, earning reasonably well and with greater prospects for the future.

The pressure to settle down is getting stronger by the day. However, I don't consider myself psychically fit for marriage in the midst of the deterioration that the marriage Institution is experiencing.

Judging by my current perspective and disposition on the subject of marriage, I don't see myself setting down even in the next 5years. I try to carefully look at the pros and cons of contracting a marriage in today's world and I always come to the conclusion that there are more cons than pros.

I'm also not a very family oriented person in the sense of creating familial bonds and deeply cherishing them hence I derive my fulfillment and pleasure in doing the things I love to do, acquiring wealth and giving help wherever I deem necessary.

The thought of opting for an adoption is beginning to occupy the greater part of my consciousness and the reasons are few and in my opinion very valid.

1. Progeny is very important in social arrangements especially in the Igbo society. I'll definitely be needing someone to carry on the family's name and legacy when I'm no more.

2. If my perspective on marriage changes for any reason and I decide to take the step towards contracting one, I may have become a little too old then to handle the perculiates of marriage and family life( parenting, school runs issues etc). But with a child already in picture and almost a teenager by then, that part of the problem would have been kicked out..

Nb:As for raising the adopted child, myself, parents, siblings and a helper will be involved while financial responsibility will be exclusively mine.

Kindly help me with insightful and mature advice that is based on direct or third party experience.

For me, I understand your feelings about marriage and I will suggest you take the option of surrogacy. Just contact a doctor that specializes in that line for proper guide. The option will afford you the opportunity of having your own biological child without any woman in your house.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Olatara(f): 3:24pm On Jan 03
komzy589:

Get out with your archaic mindset.
If someone doesn’t want to deal with the emoticonal aspect of sharing custody of a child with a spouse, one’s free to do so, as long as one can take care of that child.
Archaic kor!!!

If you are not family oriented, do not raise a child, because you will be raising an unstable adult like the OP.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by binswoli: 3:28pm On Jan 03
Just passing...
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by maasoap(m): 3:43pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

The idea of a babymama sounds somewhat immoral, deceitful and wicked to me. I believe that if a lady is good enough to produce a child for you, she should also be good enough to be brought close as a wife rather than a mere baby making machine
Sometimes, it is more complicated than the way you just simplified it. I'm not talking about the man who already has the mindset to make someone a baby mama. I'm talking about knowing the true colour of a woman after getting pregnant for you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by maasoap(m): 3:46pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

Then, you have no business raising a child, be it your biological or adopted child because there's really no difference between the two
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Karnice600: 3:54pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

It's not bad, until it turns out bad.
You'll still need a companion as you grow older. Adoption can't erase that need.
Imagine the adopted fully grown son, by chance, re uniting with his biological father.., think its impossible? Well, pray it turns out best.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by scoobyblogspot(m): 4:03pm On Jan 03
Bros, seat yourself down and ask yourself THIS question. Why SHOULD you want to adopt a child at your age 31? If you need some companionship, why not get a woman in your life. Start plans with her and God can show his mercies in your life
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Boldideas: 4:07pm On Jan 03
You never said anything about the sex of the child you wish to adopt and the age too.. I am a single father, trust me it ain't easy! Most times I get very tired, but because he is my biological son I get refreshed. They are very demanding and can be very naughty when they want something their own way. I doubt if the agency will allow you to keep a child.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by ForUrgentSale: 4:14pm On Jan 03
tasalanoni:

I have a connect in kwara state for surrogacy, the child will be your blood but the mother will not have anything to do with the child after birth, and it is more affordable than adopting in Nigeria. Send a mail
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:27pm On Jan 03
linearity:

Not true though!

Baby mama is baby mama and can result from a one night stand or a private arrangement between two between two people who never dated! And usually both have legal rights to the baby unless one of them thereafter gave up such rights in a legal setting.

Surrogate mom is more of an official arrangement where the mom gives up her rights from day one, and it can result through a third party company without sexual contact or through consensual sexual contact.
My bad,I didn't reason that direction.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by OvertheTop(m): 5:32pm On Jan 03
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

That thing called marriage is not for me

Story, i will check on you in 2034,
You will Most likely be Married grin
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by Dinieoj(f): 5:37pm On Jan 03
Since you don't cherish family bonds, don't get involved with any child. You may end up not cherishing or bonding with the child. In a more civilized society you can never be qualified to have an adopted child.
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by rapheal5(m): 5:42pm On Jan 03
phorget:

Some ladies cant subject themselves to live under any man but they'll appreciate having a child and cater for the child even without the mans support.
Are you referring to Aunty Linda
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by ibinaboonline: 5:46pm On Jan 03
I no fit answer that one.
TimiRume:
I lie cheesy
Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by rapheal5(m): 5:50pm On Jan 03

[/quote]
Let me be your middle man, let's do business. I will provide a beautiful lady with AA genotype.
We sign a legal form, you provide a healthy sperm. Contact me for the rest...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Challenges Of Being The 1st Child / Court /registry Marriage / Which Infant Formula Is Suitable For Weight Gain In Babies Under 12 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.