Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara (8982 Views)

As Accountant-General, I Acted On Approvals, Have Nothing To Fear - Fubara / Rivers Crisis: Wike Defies Threats, Lands In Port Harcourt / Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Morbeta11(m): 8:35am On Jan 03

Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, has said that the decisions taken by his administration in the political crisis in the state were not borne out of fear, but for peace to reign in the state.

Also, he explained that the resignation of the factional Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Edison Ehie, from his position and the legislature was in the interest of peace.

Fubara disclosed this while addressing Rivera people at the maiden state banquet held by his administration at the Government House, Port Harcourt, on Monday, to celebrate the New Year.

The PUNCH reports that Governor Fubara and his predecessor, Nyesom Wike, after a truce meeting with President Tinubu on December 18, agreed to an 8-point resolution.

According to the eight-point resolution signed at the end of the meeting, the President directed that all lawsuits instituted in the courts by Fubara and his team regarding the political crisis in Rivers State be withdrawn immediately.

The resolution was signed by Fubara; his deputy, Ordu; Wike; Ribadu; factional Speaker of the Rivers State Assembly, Martin Amaewhule; Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in Rivers State, Aaron Chukwuemeka, and the All Progressives Congress Chairman, Tony Okocha.

The resolution amongst others, mandated Fubara to re-present the 2024 appropriation bill he had earlier presented to the four-member state House of Assembly to the full House.

While wishing Rivers people a fruitful and prosperous 2024, he appealed to them to embrace the peace process at the instance of President Bola Tinibu.

Fubara stated that his administration would not be enmeshed in any dirty political war that would hinder the promising prospects of development in the state.

He said, “Every decision that we have taken is not borne out of fear but because we have the interest of our people and we have respect for elders.

“I’m appealing to every one of us to embrace peace. We need this peace because our intention for the state is not for our interest but for the development of the state.

“So when we are faced with this type of situation we consider the actions and reactions. Who is going to suffer? Fubara will not suffer, but one million supporters will suffer.”

The governor said his decision to embrace the eight-point resolution following the President’s intervention is not out of fear, but out of respect for elders.

” I want to leave you with only this message, we will not disappoint you. We also will not be involved in any dirty fighting because we know that we are going to be the losers.

“Therefore, whatever it will take as seen in our decisions, yesterday (Sunday) a lot of people were worried about why would the Speaker resign. It is to tell you what we can do for peace to reign, ” Fubara stated.

The governor said his administration was determined to leave a legacy of unity and development in the state and not a legacy of political apprehension.

In his welcome address, the Secretary to the State Government, Dr Tammy Danagogo, thanked God that despite the political turbulence in the state, Fubara is focused on dispensing the dividends of democracy in the state.

He pointed out that the state is blessed to have a governor who is “calculated, humble, honest and hardworking”, and urged Rivers people to be apostles of peace, truth and justice for the state to continue on a trajectory of greatness

https://punchng.com/rivers-crisis-my-decision-to-embrace-peace-not-out-of-fear-fubara/

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Ola9ja23: 8:39am On Jan 03
IPOB 0 - 20 Asiwaju
IPOB 0 - 10 Wicked Wike

🤣😂😀😄

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by LoveLeadsLand(m): 8:50am On Jan 03
Someone like this would be dangerous to fight with...

Fubara stated that his administration would not be enmeshed in any dirty political war that would hinder the promising prospects of development in the state.

One day, a hawk flew whoooooooooo and carried a duckling and flew off. But the duckling's mother was calm.

After some times, the hawk said to himself, "this woman did not fight me when I carried her kid. She must have something really dangerous up her sleeves."

So the hawk brought back the duckling. Still hungry, he asked himself, "what next should I do?"

From the three branch where he perched, the hawk saw a hen rummaging on a refuse dump with her chicks. The hawk instantly flew and carried one of the chicks. The chick's mother flew up and fought against the hawk all to no avail.

As the hawk glided triumphantly back to its tree branch stead, he muttered to himself, "I can eat this with zero consequences seeing that she's all noise and no power".

The deepest seas are the calmest. The little stream makes all the noise. If Wike is wise, he should leave Fubara alone. That's the lesson in my story.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Righthussle: 10:18am On Jan 03
Sim rest, E don do.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Saturnalia(m): 2:01pm On Jan 03
Na wa ooo. Why can’t this garrulous guy just keep quiet for once and move on? He has been issuing needless press statements since last week.

He should be wary of the people goarding him into a fight with Wike, not because they genuinely love him but simply because they have an axe to grind with Wike.

Wike took a preemptive precaution by ordering the obliteration of their Terrorist Arm at Obigbo and told them to restrict their Terrorist Activities to their home States.

Any sane mind would have done the same in order to prevent these unscrupulous elements from plunging his State into chaos & anarchy, thereby prompting the FG to declaring a State of Emergency - as was done in 2004 during Obasanjo’s administration in Plateau State.

Fubara should check the history of these barbarians who do not see anything good in anybody except themselves, and who derive joy in jubilating over the misfortunes of others.

I do not like Wike because he’s very pompous and exhibits this nauseating God complex.

But;

A man who doesn't keep his word is like a broken mirror, the reflection is distorted and unreliable.

A man who doesn’t keep his word is like a ship without a rudder.

A man who doesn’t keep his word is like a snake shedding its skin, leaving behind a trail of broken promises.

A man who doesn’t keep his word is like a cloud without rain, empty and unfulfilled.

A man who doesn’t keep his word is like a book without pages, unreadable and unimportant.

A man who doesn’t keep his word is like a map without directions, lost and directionless.

A man who doesn’t keep his word is like a tree without roots, easily swayed by the wind.

And finally,

A man’s honor and integrity are defined by his ability to keep his word.

Fubara should desist from entertaining & issuing useless press statements, in order not to reignite & escalate the already doused tensions in Rivers State.

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by CommonSense1967: 2:02pm On Jan 03
Ola9ja23:
IPOB 0 - 20 Asiwaju
IPOB 0 - 10 Wicked Wike

🤣😂😀😄

The IPOB retards are always on the wrong side of history. When you are filled with unnecessary and unjustified hatred of others, you are bound to make wrong decisions because your actions and thoughts are not based on good and pure deeds.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Curious345: 2:02pm On Jan 03
Coward .

Ambode hit more liver than this warth

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Cryofigbos: 2:02pm On Jan 03
Good and wise decision......am happy fubara did not listen to mad man advice like those advising obi, those ppl r born losers and dey r only interested in disruptions

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by LoveJesus87(m): 2:02pm On Jan 03
cool
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Curious345: 2:02pm On Jan 03
Like ambode like fubara

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Balistic4: 2:02pm On Jan 03
This guy talks too much and there is something very sexy about a man that says very little, yet his impact can be felt

now I believe that without Wike, this guy is a nobody, and Wike chose him because he knew he's easy to take out. Let him keep on singing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by shiki(m): 2:02pm On Jan 03
Nairaland moderators men of year are .....
1. Fubara
2. Wike
,..it's getting unbearable Pls
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by DamnnNiggarr: 2:02pm On Jan 03
shocked

peace is all we need
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Nigercity: 2:04pm On Jan 03
Truth is the Igbo part of river state have been marginalizing other parts of rivers state
If we are being honest here, since 1999
Igbo has been the only language spoken in rivers state government House, amaechi who said he is an Igbo man, tried to correct this thing after his tenure but dame Jonathan supported wike, who claimed he was not Igbo and he got support from both the riverine areas in rivers and other parts of rivers, then after his tenure he supported and opobo/ibani man (opobo/bonny a town where Igbo language is the most spoken language with little, I mean very little ibani spoken) and made another igbo woman! Ngozi they deputy governor! Haba
The ijaws kicked against this, go to Facebook
Some even called the governor fake ijaw (because opobo is a mixed town founded by king jaja from imo state,and few ijaws), that the need a pure real, ijaw/ kalabari man to be governor!
But wike played a smart card as usual an his successor, SIM who can't even speak ijaw by any means (the only language he knows how to speak is the same exactly Igbo dialect spoken in Abia state!) Check all his campaign video!
Yet as usual, he played the I am not igbo card and presenting his name as evidence!
He even got support from IYC, when he hard a fall out With wike! (Who where initially against him!)

Only god knows when a true ijaw man or other tribes in rivers state (non-igbo speakers) would be allowed to govern the state and take it to greater heights!
Trust the present governor to hand over the state to an etche or ndoki after his tenure! And claim that the ijaws have completed 8 years! And trust the next incoming governor to play the am not Igbo card and win again and again, they cycle continuous

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by ecolime(m): 2:04pm On Jan 03
Curious345:
Coward .

Ambode hit more liver than this warth
What did Ambode do better than Fubara?
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by EleventhWeirdo: 2:04pm On Jan 03
Typical activity cycle of an elected Nigerian public Officeholder :
Pre-election/settlement politics 35%
Real people Governance 5%
Party politics 40%
Reelection preps 20%

How do you expect development to take place amidst these?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Trustedpronet: 2:04pm On Jan 03
Media should he regulated. They are worst than bad politicians. They twitt everything to get public attention.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Nigercity: 2:04pm On Jan 03
The will of rivers state people must prevail!
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Ireportlive: 2:04pm On Jan 03
Fear who?! You are the Executive Governor
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Nigercity: 2:05pm On Jan 03
Nigercity:
Truth is the Igbo part of river state have been marginalizing other parts of rivers state
If we are being honest here, since 1999
Igbo has been the only language spoken in rivers state government House, amaechi who said he is an Igbo man, tried to correct this thing after his tenure but dame Jonathan supported wike, who claimed he was not Igbo and he got support from both the riverine areas in rivers and other parts of rivers, then after his tenure he supported and opobo/ibani man (opobo/bonny a town where Igbo language is the most spoken language with little, I mean very little ibani spoken) and made another igbo woman! Ngozi they deputy governor! Haba
The ijaws kicked against this, go to Facebook
Some even called the governor fake ijaw (because opobo is a mixed town founded by king jaja from imo state,and few ijaws), that the need a pure real, ijaw/ kalabari man to be governor!
But wike played a smart card as usual an his successor, SIM who can't even speak ijaw by any means (the only language he knows how to speak is the same exactly Igbo dialect spoken in Abia state!) Check all his campaign video!
Yet as usual, he played the I am not igbo card and presenting his name as evidence!
He even got support from IYC, when he hard a fall out With wike! (Who where initially against him!)

Only god knows when a true ijaw man or other tribes in rivers state (non-igbo speakers) would be allowed to govern the state and take it to greater heights!
Trust the present governor to hand over the state to an etche or ndoki after his tenure! And claim that the ijaws have completed 8 years! And trust the next incoming governor to play the am not Igbo card and win again and again, they cycle continuous

the ijaws,andoni, kalabari, and Every other groups in rivers state desvers a voice! And a shot at the government House!
I know most Igbo speaking part of rivers felt that the ijaws marginalized them, in the old rivers state before majority of them where carved out to become Bayesla! But that shouldn't be the reason why the igbo speaking part of rivers should be keeping the governorship to themselves alone, (this is what amaechi has been shouting!)
Imagine wike who has alot of ijaw supporters! Couldn't pick any of them, or support Lulu Briggs

He went and pick an opobo man
So that both of them can continue speaking Igbo in rivers state government House !
Is just unfair
SIM fubara who claimed to be ijaw, should have been asked to give a speech or make a little sentences or statement in ijaw,
The only two African language he knows how to speak is central Igbo, and Abia state ndoki igbo dialect
Despite fubara being from opobo, just because of his name not being Igbo, wike still didn't trust him! Wike went ahead and appointment SIM's deputy governor from igbo speaking part of rivers, not just the deputy governor, almost all the commissioner wike used in surrounding fubara! Where from etche, ikwerre, ndoki,omuku (infact all Igbo speaking part of rivers)
Check the names of those who resigned, during wike/sim issue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Lovenorth: 2:05pm On Jan 03
Fubaba is a coward, he has a made a grave mistake and he will regrate it forever
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by OloYeOfEgbE: 2:05pm On Jan 03
Sharap

Weak fool. GET HIM OUT OF OFFICE IMMEDIATELY
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Oscarchims: 2:05pm On Jan 03
We don't need fight in Rivers State so can properly develop
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by OloYeOfEgbE: 2:06pm On Jan 03
CommonSense1967:

The IPOB retards are always on the wrong side of history. When you are filled with unnecessary and unjustified hatred of others, you are bound to make wrong decisions because your actions and thoughts are not based on good and pure deeds.

Better than being a coward and a refugee...

Igbos don't buy properties anymore in Southwest..

Slaves started selling Indigeneship to Foolanis Just to gather money for Christmas owambe, now slaves are crying

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by Ironbull: 2:06pm On Jan 03
Pls everybody should leave this man alone for God sake. Allow this man to focus on the job given to him pls...

Fear or no fear leave him alone and let River people breath for crying out loud.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by tunjijones(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03
Even if it is out of fear, you have done the right thing.

Peace is far better than chaos.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03
Good , with peace we can move forward except the peace want to unsit you or stop you from second chance...come violence
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by cenaman(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03
Fura de nunu
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara by plessis: 2:09pm On Jan 03
LoveLeadsLand:
Someone like this would be dangerous to fight with...

One day, a hawk flew whoooooooooo and carried a duckling and flew off. But the duckling's mother was calm.

After some times, the hawk said to himself, "this woman did not fight me when I carried her kid. She must have something really dangerous up her sleeves."

So the hawk brought back the duckling. Still hungry, he asked himself, "what next should I do?"

From the three branch where he perched, the hawk saw a hen rummaging on a refuse dump with her chicks. The hawk instantly flew and carried one of the chicks. The chick's mother flew up and fought against the hawk all to no avail.

As the hawk glided triumphantly back to its tree branch stead, he muttered to himself, "I can eat this with zero consequences seeing that she's all noise and no power".

The deepest seas are the calmest. The little stream makes all the noise. If Wike is wise, he should leave Fubara alone. That's the lesson in my story.
The hawk did not eat the duckling because it was tastlesss. It ate the chicken because it was tasty.
Post the correct story next time even though there is no correlation between the story and topic.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo And Babangida, Abacha Playing The Game Of Draughts / GlaxoSmithkline Gets First Nigerian Md / BREAKING!!! Biafran Referendum To Be Debated In U.S Congress – Hon. Robert Dorna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.