Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,937 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? (23908 Views)

My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness / My Mom Has Been On My Neck Because Of This / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by NoToPile: 1:17pm On Jan 08
Na wa oo.

There's a chosen church in my street and they all dress okay, just don't use jewelries and all that like a lot of other churches.

Don't sound like you were paid to discredit a church.

Besides there's nothing wrong with your mum going natural.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by davillian(m): 1:19pm On Jan 08
My advice is that u people should leave her alone but continue to take care of her .....
Make sure she eats what is good for her age and do regular health checkups for her.....
That church go use fasting, vigil and evangelism make her look skinny
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 1:21pm On Jan 08
Blakjewelry:

Going natural Doesn’t mean you should go old school na. Me I love ladies natural hair infact I like the feel of it but it doesn't mean you should leave the hair rough or go plait them grandma thread style. Though I sometimes see reasons with the women folks because they do complain that natural hair is hard to care for. On the makeup aspect I love semi natural makeup, like those that matches your skin tone with nice lipstick and eye make up to match not those masked type make, it is totally disgusting.

This woman has natural hair, takes care of it and is very beautiful.

I love natural hair myself, but you should be able to take care of it.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/GBg2WyhJELw
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/gD0OH6vzl6E
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Paulletasummy: 1:21pm On Jan 08
It is very simple:CUT OFF HER HEAD
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:22pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.

There's nothing you can do since she won’t even listen to your dad on this matter.
They mostly hypnotize them in places like that.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Asswipemod: 1:23pm On Jan 08
ObaOfYorubaLand:

FAKE STORY SPONSORED BY REDEEDMED CHURCH OF GOD.

Why did you collect money to tarnish image of a church?

Why are you demarketing a church on nairaland? Who is your paymaster?

I believe you're a member of redeemed church therefore not surprised this came from you.

Somehow, you have managed to cleverly turn this thread to a Yoruba vs Igbo thing. Again.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:23pm On Jan 08
pocohantas:

I am all for females looking good and modest. But less than two months ago, Nairaland males gathered to tell us women look more beautiful and approachable with their natural hair. They said we should go back to the days we rocked afro, kiko and allback. OP's mum is rocking her thread (kiko). I want to believe she is looking beautiful and I am surprised you think women without artificial hair look unkempt and uncatered for. Many NL guys said that is the kind of babes they love.

You know you can still use your natural hair and be attractive likewise unattractive. Some people look more attractive even with their natural looks but if you leave your natural looks shabby you will look unattractive.

Same thread used by another person who dresses elegantly with natural looks will look more adorable than the one who doesn't care but just come out with the natural looks nonchalantly.

What the OP is saying is that the mum should exude elegance in her natural looks, money to make that happen isn't the problem but she doesn't to. One can be rough in her natural state and you expect them to look pretty because men advocate for women to be in their natural state.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 1:24pm On Jan 08
Renman:

Don't you think you are highly ignorant here

Answer my question and stop beating around the bush...Besides, the word cosmetic is a broad.

We are talking about cosmetic treatment - Does cosmetic treatment means painting the face, lips, eyes etc

In this context cosmetic was clearly made to connot make up and you know this if you are not ignorant

Please sir rest and stop embarrassing yourself already

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:24pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

Read, research...

Read about ancient middle-eastern culture.

It says she had 12 months of purification according to the manner of women.

They bathed this woman in PERFUME for a WHOLE YEAR.
A WHOLE YEAR!

When she entered a room, it smelled good.
When she left a room, for a long time afterwards, it smelled good.

The prepared her for a whole year to meet the King, for one night.

So if thr women of that time wore jewelry and painted their faces, and the Bible says she was prepared in that manner (of women), how come Esther did not?

Even the Men wore jewelry.
Their Crown was jewelry.
Their Armour had jewelry
Their swords had jewelry.
Some of them wore ear-rings.

How much more their women.

Read, oga.
Read about history.
Travel...see the world.
See other cultures.
Watch Documentaries
Google things!
Watch Youtube.

Don't be narrow minded
Keep forcing your opinion on a verse that is crystal clear! It is the customs of the pagan nations and not the custom of the Israelites to wear jewelers, makeup/paint their eyes, etc. in Esther 2:21, because of how sunny and the harsh weather of that time, they virgins were required to treat their skins with oil/purification, bathing etc for 12 months to make their skin look good. Just as the way we take care of our skin against rashes, dark spot etc....Bur because of ignorant people like you who are good in twisting scriptures to justify your cravings for carnal things, you are now forcing your ignorance!!!!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by thaoriginator: 1:24pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.
Picture of your mum's before and after or we won't be leaf it cry
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Empresa: 1:25pm On Jan 08
She has her life to live. All man will account for himself before his creator on the last day. Nobody will speak for another. Do your best as a son and let her enjoy serving God the way it suits her
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Jokerman(m): 1:25pm On Jan 08
So it's the use of jewellery,make up and painting that makes her look good??

Seems you don't know what exactly looking good is... At 62 years, you think your mom really cares about all that??

My friend go and get your mom good clothes and she'd look super duper, not attires of Jezebel though....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:28pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:

In this context cosmetic was clearly made to connot make up and you know this if you are not ignorant

Please sir rest and stop embarrassing yourself already
You just confirmed that you are highly ignorant!

Cosmetic is broad. Do you know that tooth paste is cosmetic, body cream/lotion is cosmetic

So cosmetic is not makeup but makeup is part of cosmetic.

1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 1:28pm On Jan 08
Jokerman:
So it's the use of jewellery,make up and painting that makes her look good??

Seems you don't know what exactly looking good is... At 62 years, you think your mom really cares about all that??

My friend go and get your mom good clothes and she'd look super duper, not attires of Jezebel though....

Not at all sir, she also dress shabbily according to op, thats where his concerns are, if the op mom was your mum and suddenly she started wearing raggy cloths, what do you think people will think, that sh obviously isn't taking care off, and it's even worse when it's your wife in this context, before we dish out advice like a plate of jollof rice, we should always put the op in our shoes

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Fortune118005(m): 1:30pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

Read, research...

Read about ancient middle-eastern culture.

It says she had 12 months of purification according to the manner of women.

They bathed this woman in PERFUME for a WHOLE YEAR.
A WHOLE YEAR!

When she entered a room, it smelled good.
When she left a room, for a long time afterwards, it smelled good.

The prepared her for a whole year to meet the King, for one night.

So if thr women of that time wore jewelry and painted their faces, and the Bible says she was prepared in that manner (of women), how come Esther did not?

Even the Men wore jewelry.
Their Crown was jewelry.
Their Armour had jewelry
Their swords had jewelry.
Some of them wore ear-rings.

How much more their women.

Read, oga.
Read about history.
Travel...see the world.
See other cultures.
Watch Documentaries
Google things!
Watch Youtube.

Don't be narrow minded

My point is that it is not in the Bible that Esther wore gold or make-up as you said before.

Let's even leave the old testament, read 1 Timothy 2:9-10

‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2:9‭-‬10‬ ‭KJV‬‬
[9] In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; [10] but (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Jokerman(m): 1:33pm On Jan 08
princetom1:

Have u seen these people? U can look good naturally at any age bt they just don't take care of their self, seems like a thing to dem to look tattered and all that

You'd say the ones you've seen....
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 1:33pm On Jan 08
Uyi168:
She has given up on earthly possessions to focus on heavenly race .

Religion is madness.
She has given up on earthly possession. Why she no kuku man run around naked if na earthly possessions she wan give up on. Slippers na heavenly attire? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Jan 08
ufotunang:
You should even thank God that your mom is born again
Rubbish! She is not born-again but has made men her gods. lipsrsealed
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Jan 08
ZekeYeager:
So modest dressing is now a form of entrapment?
Slippers and shabby clothes na modest dressing? Many of you are just wicked. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by princetom1(m): 1:36pm On Jan 08
Jokerman:

You'd say the ones you've seen....

Sadly, that's how most of dem look. Like it's a crime to dem to look good

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:36pm On Jan 08
Kobojunkie:
Slippers and shabby clothes na modest dressing? Many of you are just wicked. undecided
So what is modest dressing
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On Jan 08
Bukolaolamipo:

Omor my momma too, imagine my mom telling my brothers she wants to follow them to her barber
The thing is evil abeg! lipsrsealed
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:37pm On Jan 08
princetom1:

How does one look good
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by SaLongs1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 08
CoronaVirusPro:
She has been trapped!

Only God can bail her out!

Hope she has not started donating all the allowances you give her to the church?
Na their regular trademark be dat!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Jokerman(m): 1:38pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:

Not at all sir, she also dress shabbily according to op, thats where his concerns are, if the op mom was your mum and suddenly she started wearing raggy cloths, what do you think people will think, that sh obviously isn't taking care off, and it's even worse when it's your wife in this context, before we wish out advice like a plate of jollof rice, we should always put the op in our shoes

If the mom has good clothes and she still dresses shabbily, then it's not the church fault...

Because if you have good clothes and you can't wear them but rags, then it's not the church...
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Jokerman(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08
princetom1:

You'd say the ones you've seen... Have you seen all chosen members to say *most*?
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 1:39pm On Jan 08
Renman:
You just confirmed that you are highly ignorant!

Cosmetic is broad. Do you know that tooth paste is cosmetic, body cream/lotion is cosmetic

So cosmetic is not makeup but makeup is part of cosmetic.

That's how easily you fail in exams, you study computer science for example and they ask you what is a mouse,

You now tell your lecturers that mouse is broad, as such you wouldn't know the mouse her referring to and you ignorantly end up making suggestions of it mouse rodent he's talking about or mouse an apparatus that made up a computer system

The context used in the quotation had been narrowed down to being make up, because it has to do with beautification, why the fvck are u still saying it's broad when it has been narrowed down for you, as a layman to understand ?

Nah una type most fake God of men they easily brain wash with Bible verse that suit their narrative to convince you always.

I know you are deeply rooted in ignorant, I will never reply your quote again because

Educating and ignorant person that has refuse to learn the true worth of being educated is a waste of education

Bye 👋
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by sajiwere(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08
If OP commit a less sin by even proof the church his mother attended, you are committing a bigger one by wrongly pick on Redeemed Church without a proof.

Forgotten the law of Theorem? Prove and proof!

quote author=ObaOfYorubaLand post=127833107]
FAKE STORY SPONSORED BY REDEEDMED CHURCH OF GOD.

Why did you collect money to tarnish image of a church?

Why are you demarketing a church on nairaland? Who is your paymaster?

I believe you're a member of redeemed church therefore not surprised this came from you.[/quote]
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by fxexperts: 1:39pm On Jan 08
pocohantas:
You think your mum isn't looking good because she stopped wearing makeup, wig and jewellery?

I thought natural is better and more beautiful?

Mummy is on the right track and I can assure you she looks beautiful in her natural state.
Ig you dare call Chosen people way of dressing as modest, then you don't know what modesty mean. maybe you think modesty is the same as wearing rags and banners, turning yourself into an advertising billboard.

Nicepoker:
You want to introduce that innocent woman to another man. Let her be she has embraced Jesus. grin
Na Jesus go fvck her. you guys must be a big joke.

ZekeYeager:
So modest dressing is now a form of entrapment?

How you see that as modesty dressing still baffers me.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by TruthsFM: 1:43pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:

free her let her be joor. You will still join the lord’s chosen church soon too
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Jan 08
Renman:
So what is modest dressing
First explain when wearing of slippers and shabby came to constitute natural or modest dressing. undecided
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:45pm On Jan 08
Sucre6:

That's how easily you fail in exams, you study computer science for example and they ask you what is a mouse,

You now tell your lecturers that mouse is broad, as such you wouldn't know the mouse her referring to and you ignorantly end up making suggestions of it mouse rodent he's talking about or mouse an apparatus that made up a computer system

The context used in the quotation had been narrowed down to being make up, because it has to do with beautification, why the fvck are u still saying it's broad when it has been narrowed down for you, as a layman to understand ?

Nah una type most fake God of men they easily brain wash with Bible verse that suit their narrative to convince you always.

I know you are deeply rooted in ignorant, I will never reply your quote again because

Educating and ignorant person that has refuse to learn the true worth of being educated is a waste of education

Bye 👋
You just cemented the fact that you are highly ignorant.

For your info, there are different types of cosmetic as seen in the screenshot below!!! Pls do more research and learn to avoid making blind argument....

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? / Trending Babies Names In Your Local Language. / I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.