Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? (23907 Views)

My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness / My Mom Has Been On My Neck Because Of This / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Jan 08
princetom1:
■ Sadly, that's how most of dem look. Like it's a crime to dem to look good
The thing be like mental illness oh. undecided
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:46pm On Jan 08
Kobojunkie:
First explain when wearing of slippers and shabby came to constitute natural or modest dressing. undecided
So where did I say wearing slippers and shabby constitute modest dressing
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Goalnaldo(m): 1:47pm On Jan 08
ufotty2001:
The same thing with my sister.. I wonder how man go take approach her..
if she fine get fine ass, I'll date her. Na low maintenance babe like her I dey find
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by ZekeYeager: 1:47pm On Jan 08
What kind of language is this?

fxexperts:

Na Jesus go fvck her. you guys must be a big joke.

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Calitoscassius(m): 1:48pm On Jan 08
She has joined the cult, soon they tell her to sell all her belongings and bring the money to them and move in with them in their church, one day they d set the church on fire with all the so called born again inside apart from the scammer pastor. Make them believe they d go to heaven, burn them alive to ashes.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 1:48pm On Jan 08
Renman:
So where did I say wearing slippers and shabby constitute modest dressing
Where you one of those who claimed it was natural then or how exactly did you creep up into my mention on this? undecided
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Aparche(f): 1:52pm On Jan 08
pocohantas:
You think your mum isn't looking good because she stopped wearing makeup, wig and jewellery?

I thought natural is better and more beautiful?

Mummy is on the right track and I can assure you she looks beautiful in her natural state.

Exactly 💯

Many women have been brainwashed to believe that if you don't wear makeup, you don't use attachment or weaves, then you don't look good.

This is pure nonsense!

Many are ashamed of their natural hair, and have completely destroyed it with chemicals and hair styles that keep cutting their hair and giving them receding hairline.

Men don't wear these things but they look good.

What's wrong with someone choosing to be natural.

Op, the problem is from your mindset, change your mindset.

The natural look is beautiful.

I refuse to live by the society's perception of what "beauty" should look like.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 1:52pm On Jan 08
Fortune118005:

My point is that it is not in the Bible that Esther wore gold or make-up as you said before.

Let's even leave the old testament, read 1 Timothy 2:9-10

‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2:9‭-‬10‬ ‭KJV‬‬
[9] In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; [10] but (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

You don't seem to be very bright.

Did that passage ask women not to braid their hair or wear jewelry.

Don't your women braid their hair now?

You conveniently omitted that to suit your narrative and jumped on the others.

Note the commas and semi-colons to understand what was being said.

He talked about humility and character.
Modest apparel, shamefacedness and sobriety ( whuc he says is not about clothes), but with good works.

Do women teach in Church now?

You jumped that one too.

This is Ezekiel 16, God says he adorned his Children with Jewelry.

In the Old Testament, a freed slave had an Ear-ring put on him.

Also check this link-- copy and paste in your browser:

womeninthebible.net/bible-extras/clothes-ancient

If you still believe in your nonsense with these, then I cannot help you!

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:53pm On Jan 08
Kobojunkie:
Where you one of those who claimed it was natural then or how exactly did you creep up into my mention on this? undecided
You said "Slippers and shabby clothes na modest dressing?"

So I want to know,...what is modest dressing I want to learn...
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Jan 08
Renman:
You said "Slippers and shabby clothes na modest dressing?"

So I want to know,...what is modest dressing I want to learn...
I asked a question. If it is the case that you do not understand what it means to dress modestly, I suggest you start with the dictionary abeg! undecided
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by winner37(m): 1:57pm On Jan 08
Think about yourself and not your mom .
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:58pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

You don't seem to be very bright.

Did that passage ask women not to braid their hair or wear jewelry.

Don't your women braid their hair now?

You conveniently omitted that to suit your narrative and jumped on the others.

Note the commas and semi-colons to understand what was being said.

He talked about humility and character.
Modest apparel, shamefacedness and sobriety ( whuc he says is not about clothes), but with good works.

Do women teach in Church now?

You jumped that one too.

This is Ezekiel 16, God says he adorned his Children with Jewelry.

In the Old Testament, a freed slave had an Ear-ring put on him.

Also read this:

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrkMzqK6ptlC74tXTdB4iA5;_ylu=Y29sbwNpcjIEcG9zAzUEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1704745739/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwomeninthebible.net%2fbible-extras%2fclothes-ancient%2f/RK=2/RS=lf.1F5u.s879ljflGCevXqgdx30-

If you still believe in your nonsense with these, then I cannot help you!

You are confusing yourself the more! You read bible the way you read a novel. The passage you quote is an idiomatic expression... God was not physically putting earring on anyone's ear or nose ring on any ones nose etc. God was using the way the heathen nations decorate themselves which is understood by the Israelites to explain how He has blessed the Israelites with natural resources like gold, silver etc.

Back to 1Timothy 2:9 - it's very clear "NOT WITH"

Not with gold/jewelries, broided hair, costly pearls etc

Infact, why didn't God opened your ear or nose during or after creation if He actually wanted you to wear earring/nosering

Besides, can you point any new testament saint that wore jewelers or painted her face Infact how many gold did Jesus wore when He was on earth This is how you guys will carry ignorance and enter hell because your so called pastor's don't care about your souls!!!! SMH
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 1:59pm On Jan 08
Kobojunkie:
I asked a question. If it is the case that you do not understand what it means to dress modestly, I suggest you start with the dictionary abeg! undecided
Ok. So do you know the meaning of dressing modestly
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Jan 08
Renman:
Ok. So do you know the meaning of dressing modestly
Does my knowing --- or not--- impact you in some way? If you have nothing better to do please go read dictionary or something. undecided
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by princetom1(m): 2:02pm On Jan 08
Renman:
How does one look good

Look clean, make ur hair or cut it, wear clean dress and put perfume even if na 200 naira aboki perfume... The take out, be clean and look clean... Make person no go dey look like psychiatric patient
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 2:03pm On Jan 08
Kobojunkie:
Does my knowing --- or not--- impact you in some way? If you have nothing better to do please go read dictionary or something. undecided
Are you scared to answer the simple question
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 2:04pm On Jan 08
princetom1:

Look clean, make ur hair or cut it, wear clean dress and put perfume even if na 200 naira aboki perfume... The take out, be clean and look clean... Make person no go dey look like psychiatric patient
Ok. So when one exposes the breasts, laps, etc is the person looking good
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by captaininiobong(m): 2:07pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.

Maybe it's tiring or she just like the life but don't take it personal or else you have grudges or issues with her
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by youneedjesus: 2:09pm On Jan 08
You think your mum isn't looking good because she stopped wearing makeup, wig and jewellery?
You make up what is not complete. God made man and said he is beautiful even without make up. If God said she is beautiful then she is beautiful. No more no less.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Jan 08
Renman:
You are confusing yourself the more! You read bible the way you read a novel. The passage you quote is an idiomatic expression... God was not physically putting earring on anyone's ear or nose ring on any ones nose etc. God was using the way the heathen nations decorate themselves which is understood by the Israelites to explain how He has blessed the Israelites with natural resources like gold, silver etc.

■ Back to 1Timothy 2:9 - it's very clear "NOT WITH"

■ Infact, why didn't God opened your ear or nose during or after creation if He actually wanted you to wear earring/nosering
■ Besides, can you point any new testament saint that wore jewelers or painted her face Infact how many gold did Jesus wore when He was on earth This is how you guys will carry ignorance and enter hell because your so called pastor's don't care about your souls!!!!
1. Bullsheet! You are speaking here of the same God whose temple was at some point decked in Gold from the roof down. That was no idiomatic expression. God did reward the people with booty from war plenty with good and other ornaments. undecided

2. Paul's letter does not suggest that the people do without braided hairs, jewelries, etc. Rather, what the writer meant was that the adornments not represent the whole for the women. That opinion is Paul's and not God’s and except a person worships the man Paul, I see no reason why anyone would consider his opinion godly. undecided

3. You mean the same way you were not circumcised from birth abi, and your appendix not taken out, etc? E be like say wisdom dey skip generations. Why else would anyone be repeating the same stewpid claim wey I hear last during the 1980s. undecided

4. First point out where Jesus Christ talk say make you do as your new testament "saints". undecided
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Jan 08
youneedjesus:
You make up what is not complete. God made man and said he is beautiful even without make up. If God said she is beautiful then she is beautiful. No more no less.
Stop using God's mention to trade what amounts to bullsheet abeg! undecided

God never stopped women from dressing up well. Jesus Christ never did that too. So your ideas have absolutely nothing to do with either. undecided
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by HBB1(m): 2:14pm On Jan 08
Renman:

Back to 1Timothy 2:9 - it's very clear "NOT WITH"

Infact, why didn't God opened your ear or nose during or after creation if He actually wanted you to wear earring/nosering

Besides, can you point any new testament saint that wore jewelers or painted her face Infact how many gold did Jesus wore when He was on earth This is how you guys will carry ignorance and enter hell because your so called pastor's don't care about your souls!!!!

You are not very smart.

Why would God use an expression of wearing Jewelry if he was not okay with it.

Why did he not use an expression he despised to describe it-- such as sleeping with you Mothers or something very abonimable.

He talked about how he clother them, fed them, covered them and adorned them with Jewelry; but you jump all the others and capitalize on Jewelry alone being idiomatic expression.

You are very silly!

Did Moses ask Israelites to put Ear-rings on freed slaves or not?

Have you read the link I posted-- it has archaelogical evidence.
Ancient Israelites wore Jewelry!

You ask if Jesus or the Nee Testament peeps wore Jewelry or not...

If they did not wear, the New Testamemt would not use Jewelry and braiding hair to describe how they shiuld comport themselves.

If I may ask, whay kind of shoes did Jesus wear?
Were his sandals ankle lenth of calf length?

So if the Bible does not say, means he went about with bare feet.

So if the Bible does not mention it, it never happened?

How daft is that.

So if a Christian Saint write letters to his Congregation today and those letter are seen 800 years after...

If he does not mention he used a Phone or watched TV, or went to the Gym in those letters, it means he didn't do these things.

Moreso if God wanted us to be circumcised, why did he let us have foreskin?

If he does not want us to have long hair as men, why does he allow our hair grow continuously?
Or our nails?

Why allow us have Acne and armpit hair that will make you stink.

...and as he did not born you with shoes, why do you wear shoes.

How daft can this be?

Better you start living like Amish people who don't even use electricity and still ride Horses.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by KnownUnknown: 2:16pm On Jan 08
She is now as close to a true christian as possible. The message of Christianity is basically rejecting wordly and conventional norms in exchange for a life of asceticism..
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 2:19pm On Jan 08
Kobojunkie:
1. Bullsheet! You are speaking here of the same God whose temple was at some point decked in Gold from the roof down. That was no idiomatic expression. God did reward the people with booty from war plenty with good and other ornaments. undecided

2. Paul's letter does not suggest that the people do without braided hairs, jewelries, etc. Rather, what the writer meant was that the adornments not represent the whole for the women. That opinion is Paul's and not God’s and except a person worships the man Paul, I see no reason why anyone would consider his opinion godly. undecided

3. You mean the same way you were not circumcised from birth abi, and your appendix not taken out, etc? E be like say wisdom dey skip generations. Why else would anyone be repeating the same stewpid claim wey I hear last during the 1980s. undecided

4. First point out where Jesus Christ talk say make you do as your new testament "saints". undecided
Like I said continue forcing your opinions to defend what you love doing. Even Satan misquoted the bible to tempt Jesus. So anybody can quote the bible to deceive themselves!!!!

God created gold and silver Yet was it created for us to wear them and for what purpose When the creator of gold and silver(God the son) came to this earth in the form of man, how many of the gold did you read that He wore on His body Yet He wore cloth etc

Besides, in Paul's letter, what do you understand by the word "Not With"

Continue deceiving yourself!!!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 2:24pm On Jan 08
HBB1:

You are not very smart.

Why would God use an expression of wearing Jewelry if he was not okay with it.

Why did he not use an expression he despised to describe it-- such as sleeping with you Mothers or something very abonimable.

He talked about how he clother them, fed them, covered them and adorned them with Jewelry; but you jump all the others and capitalize on Jewelry alone being idiomatic expression.

You are very silly!

Did Moses ask Israelites to put Ear-rings on freed slaves or not?

Have you read the link I posted-- it has archaelogical evidence.
Ancient Israelites wore Jewelry!

You ask if Jesus or the Nee Testament peeps wore Jewelry or not...

If they did not wear, the New Testamemt would not use Jewelry and braiding hair to describe how they shiuld comport themselves.

If I may ask, whay kind of shoes did Jesus wear?
Were his sandals ankle lenth of calf length?

So if the Bible does not say, means he went about with bare feet.

So if the Bible does not mention it, it never happened?

How daft is that.

So if a Christian Saint write letters to his Congregation today and those letter are seen 800 years after...

If he does not mention he used a Phone or watched TV, or went to the Gym in those letters, it means he didn't do these things.

Moreso if God wanted us to be circumcised, why did he let us have foreskin?

If he does not want us to have long hair as men, why does he allow our hair grow continuously?
Or our nails?

Why allow us have Acne and armpit hair that will make you stink.

...and as he did not born you with shoes, why do you wear shoes.

How daft can this be?

Better you start living like Amish people who don't even use electricity and still ride Horses.

Jesus used an expression we all can understand by saying "He will come as a thief"..... Does using the word "Thief" to describe His coming means that it is good to become like a thief God can use anything we understand to explain something like parables to make us understand not that using it means He is okay with it. Did God opened your ears, nose for the purpose of wearing earring or nose ring Yet He opened your ear, nose, mouth, anus for the purpose of hearing, eating, perceiving, talking and defecating. After God created man, He saw it and said it was very good without opening the earlobe or the nose for the purpose of wearing earring and nose ring!!!

Jewelries, makeup/face painting has been existing during Jesus time.... So how many gold did Jesus or His followers wore when they were on earth Yet they wore cloth, foot wears etc - Wearing of gold/jewelries is never the custom of the Israelites but the heathen nations!!!

When you read bible like a novel, you will never understand it!!!
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by theamazonguru(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08
Leave that woman alone.
She has seen the light.

I pray you see the same light.

It takes the Holy Spirit to Convict man of his sin and for such a man to drop his old life for a new one in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by princetom1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 08
Renman:
Ok. So when one exposes the breasts, laps, etc is the person looking good

Where u see for my write up, say make person e, pose his/her self?
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by FireUpNow(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08
Where is your dad her husband? If her husband love her the way she is right now, it's non of your business. Looking beautiful is a personal business.

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by SAMBARRY: 2:30pm On Jan 08
Beremx:
I have never seen any member of Lords Chosen wearing clothes and looking good because they are always wearing their banner as their clothes. I'm yet to see the rich ones among them though because all of them dress the same way.

As for your mom, she has been trapped in the church. There's nothing you can do about it. She's in safe hands grin
she's not in safe hands o

I love Jesus but I hate religion.his mom has been trapped in religion.religion enslaves, religion impoverishes, religion propagates fear of God instead of love of God.jesus came to destroy the works of darkness (religion) and set the captives free

If you like don't wear jewelry and make your hair if you harbour hate, resentment, jealousy or closet envy you're not going to get to the kingdom of God.

Moreover God has already told us his requirements for those who are going to enter the kingdom of God. Those pure in spirit with a right heart.i did not see any place where he said those who don't wear jewelry and look like weirdos

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by paul6k: 2:40pm On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.
This is the current state of my elder sister. She has even refused to use her certificate to be a full time house wife. Got her a lecturing job with a federal polytechnic and was shocked when she refused to bring out her certificate and CV. Offered her money for business and she said her spiritual mother prayed about it and asked her to refuse it. All this started when she married one good for nothing guy. Both of them are suffering. Even the money sent to them, they use it to donate to the church. I have requested for leave at work so i can visit her to see what is actually happening. She even stopped using body cream. Just pray your mum doesn't get to this level.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Renman: 2:41pm On Jan 08
princetom1:

Where u see for my write up, say make person e, pose his/her self?
I just asked
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by CarlsJaz567(m): 2:41pm On Jan 08
Westerhoffe:
I still can't figure how some people are trapped by mere words from anyone... Like how do you guys do it even when what you're told is not in line with the word of GOD according to the Bible?

How can you stop looking good because you converted? undecided

Well, to my future partner, as a woman:
*You can't cut your hair. Don't even attempt it.
*You can't plait your hair looking like Nene or Nana from the forestry reserve where no humans have been to.
*You must have your jewelries on when going out unless you forget to use them. And these comprises of both earrings, necklaces/chokers, wrist bangles, wrist watch.
*No nose piercing or double ear piercing.
*No tattoos.
*You must always look good and attractive.
*No tying of wrapper around the house or when going out.
*No tying of scarf around the house or when going out. If you must cover your head, get a hat or face cap.
*No wearing of low shoe except for sneakers.

Let me stop here.
cool

Well, it's quite difficult to make an adult do exactly what you want if they don't want the same thing all the time.

Your list is long, while not bad in essence, yet it's difficult to keep up for women as they grow older. At this point, if you've not been very caring and respectful of them from the early stage, they won't care what you think at all and you may start having conflicts.

Therefore I would rather see your list as a 'wish-list' that you are hoping and praying for, but not entirely a 'demand-list'.

Another important thing to note is that high-heeled shoes are not really healthy for people and will often lead to pains and maybe even difficulty in walking later in life for most women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? / Trending Babies Names In Your Local Language. / I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.