Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,712 members, 7,813,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake (6344 Views)

This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ / Kwara Must Change Call For Immediate Arrest Of Bukola Saraki / Saraki Is Mr. Poverty Transfer, Kwara Must Change Fires Back At Toyin Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by DamnnNiggarr: 4:21pm On Jan 08
For the future of the youths to be guaranteed, this criminal style of leadership tradition must be dismantled – Peter Obi at the convention tagged 'Igniting the voices of Africa' in Accra, Ghana.

Yesterday, I joined other notable and respected African voices like Prof P. L. O Lumumba from Kenya, Dr. Arikana from Zimbabwe, and a host of others, at The Convention tagged 'Igniting The Voices of Africa,' organized by New Africa Foundation, in Accra, Ghana.

The event was however canceled at the last moment notwithstanding the mammoth crowd that already assembled from all over Ghana and Africa. However, the three out of the four main speakers who were in Ghana already for the event; Prof Lumumba, Dr Arikana, and my humble self, granted a press interview to expatiate on the purpose of the Convention, which was mainly to start an African conversation that will give African youths hope.

Africa as the second largest and second most populous continent in the world, with a population of over 1.4 billion people, is home to a youthful, and dynamic workforce with the largest concentration of working age population of about 1.1 billion people, which when combined with the abundance of huge natural resources ranging from minerals to over 874 million hectares of arable land for agricultural revolution, positions Africa as a key player in the global economy.

Unfortunately, Africa's growth and development will continue to appear as an impossible dream if we do not deal with the only challenge facing Africa - leadership failure.

To paraphrase Late Prof Achebe’s ageless words on Nigeria, ‘the trouble with Africa is simply and squarely leadership problem,' caused mainly by the unwillingness of African leaders to rise to their leadership responsibilities.

This is a point I’ve heard Prof. Lumumba make continuously. Governments in most African nations have become gigantic criminal enterprises where the citizens, especially our youths who have the talent and energy, to lead the world in technology, health, and other areas, have watched their leaders shamelessly convert public wealth that should be used for a greater Africa, turned into private pockets. This criminal style of leadership tradition must be dismantled in order to guarantee the youths a future.

The fate of Africa is in our hands; especially, in the hands of our youths. We can ignite the long overdue emancipation of the African continent, by adding our voices to the need for change, but more importantly, by committing to ending Africa’s leadership morass.

A brighter future for Africa is possible. -PO
Peter Obi

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by DamnnNiggarr: 4:22pm On Jan 08
shocked

Watch as those youths whose future have been exchanged for a plate of porridge yam flock here to attack the messenger, without minding the message and hold their destiny snatchers accountable.
Governments in most African nations have become gigantic criminal enterprises where the citizens, especially our youths who have the talent and energy, to lead the world in technology, health, and other areas, have watched their leaders shamelessly convert public wealth that should be used for a greater Africa, turned into private pockets.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by alna: 4:34pm On Jan 08
Do they need to be told ?

1 Like

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by StrongAlphMale: 5:05pm On Jan 08
Obi is arguably the most greatest politician in Africa right now 🌍

Man is just too much

63 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by Richtaiwo: 5:19pm On Jan 08
StrongAlphMale:

Man is just too much
About 99% of Obi praise singers are the same. I mean the English. Personally, I still don't know what is much about Obi, considering his performance as a governor. Agulu community members are currently protesting because of Obi failed promise. The hospital in Agulu is now a breeding ground for reptiles, so they said.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by Richtaiwo: 5:28pm On Jan 08
Peter Obi, myself only used Labour Party as a “special purpose vehicle” to contest the 2023 general election.
Doyin Okupe
Lamidi Apapa finally vindicated.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by StrongAlphMale: 5:54pm On Jan 08
Richtaiwo:

About 99% of Obi praise singers are the same. I mean the English. Personally, I still don't know what is much about Obi, considering his performance as a governor. Agulu community members are currently protesting because of Obi failed promise. The hospital in Agulu is now a breeding ground for reptiles, so they said.

I wanted to educate you but upon seeing the bolded I decided not to.

You'll live long if you stay away from online propagandists and haters of good.

However you'll be doing yourself much good if you can travel round Nigeria and explore. Nigeria doesn't Start and end in Akure or ekiti

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by nagalee(m): 5:58pm On Jan 08
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Watch as those youths whose future have been exchanged for a plate of porridge yam flock here to attack the messenger, without minding the message and hold their destiny snatchers accountable.
the picture below your write, should not be generic but rather specific. Some Africa countries are becoming first world countries with the money generated from GDP and other for compositions. This should be specific to 9ja. I pray 9ja will change one day.

2 Likes

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by Newsmic: 7:17am On Jan 09
Hmm
Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by Judolisco(m): 7:18am On Jan 09
What people don't understand is dat Peter obi is also part of d criminals dat destroyed Nigeria... Don't quote me... Jst say a little prayer for yourself... That God should transform your life d way obi transformed anambra state.
Governors like Duke, ameachi, Wike, fashola ambode are miles better than obi, even fayose of ekiti better pass dis dude.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by OnionBandit(f): 7:19am On Jan 09
Man sounds empty all of the time

Only God knows how the emptiness in his speech made Prof Lumumba cringe

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by eleko1: 7:20am On Jan 09
sad
Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by YesGodcan(m): 7:20am On Jan 09
Any story wey una dey talk wey no go bring and put food on the Table of average Nigerian IS NONSENSE

Nigerians are running out of patients and if things does not change like now now, even the police on the road will run for their lives.

This I hv seen shocked
Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by eleko1: 7:20am On Jan 09
sad angry undecided waste of time of online President

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by Jovi10: 7:21am On Jan 09
True. In Nigeria we need a regional system of government , states should control their VATs, state policing, removal of religious laws in those states who have declared themselves a religious state, sea ports in the west and south at least 1 since the north is landlocked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by Bobloco: 7:21am On Jan 09
Richtaiwo:

I feel your pains

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 7:21am On Jan 09
renou people from sad waste are coming for him grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by princeade86(m): 7:22am On Jan 09
But zombies think other way round. Thinking obi is a bad person because of tribe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by mcmbonu: 7:23am On Jan 09
A man after God's heart. A Good man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by Marvieduke(f): 7:23am On Jan 09
Obi should assemble the African leaders together and tell them....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by dododawa1: 7:23am On Jan 09
TALK is. CHEAP

Mostly AFRICA LEADERS

4 Likes

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by Sccarrr: 7:24am On Jan 09
But u no turn Anambra to london or New York when u had the chance... mtcheew fraud man 😏

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by VIKTO83(m): 7:24am On Jan 09
Obi my brother is now a motivational speaker.

10 Likes

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:25am On Jan 09
Peter The Rock!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by adesegun121(m): 7:25am On Jan 09
Ok
Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by shiki(m): 7:25am On Jan 09
cheesy the 2 visionaries
Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by Angelfrost(m): 7:25am On Jan 09
Sake of which youths, please?!

The same youths that are willing tools for thuggery, propaganda, corruption, and other political vices?!

The same youths that see the evil in these politicians, yet support and help them into offices for selfish, religious and ethnic reasons?!!

Nigeria is beyond redemption... This is not cynicism or pessimism. This is an obvious fact!!!
Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:26am On Jan 09
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

is Africa a country... Obi that pple de Tak catch cruise...

2 Likes

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by jeff1993: 7:27am On Jan 09
Some Nigeria Youths dont want to be Liberated. They are littered around nairaland space both online and offline shouting their voices out for greedy politicians who dont givE a rat @ss about them!!!

Just watch out ... by their comment u shall know them!!!
Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by UptownVibes(m): 7:27am On Jan 09
StrongAlphMale:

Man is just too much
And he no fit win corruption? He needs to learn how to win corrupt politicians,before I can call him the g.o.a.t of African politics.

6 Likes

Re: Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake by tunwumi: 7:27am On Jan 09
This is Harry Maguire of Ghana grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brief Expose On Bola Ahmed Tinubu / ISRAEL Vs IRAN WW111 Military Comparison. / Yoruba leaders In Imo State Visit Emeka Ihedioha, demand appointment(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.