Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions (10099 Views)

Tinubu Approves ₦35,000 Wage Award To Civil Servants / President Tinubu Approves Adjustment Of 25% Peculiar Allowance For Health Worker / Coronavirus: FG Seeks National Assembly’s Approval For N500bn Intervention Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by LegendHero(m): 7:41pm On Jan 12
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the sum of N683billion as the 2024 Intervention Funds for public tertiary education institutions in the country.

— Public Universities - 1.9bn each
—Public Polytechnics - 1.1bn each
—Public Colleges of Education 1.3bn each

It is important to note that this year’s intervention is significantly higher than 2023’s own which was capped at N320 billion.

A reminder that the much awaited students loan initiative is expected to kick off later this month.

By Dada Olusegun On X (Formerly called Twitter)

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Christopher48: 7:42pm On Jan 12
Let us respect the President for having the political will to make a change
Its not just making policy and not making any moves to turn them into realistic targets for the populace
I am impressed that this government is starting this year firing from all cylinders
I really hope they keep the momentum,also there are some ministers that are practically absent and will not be surprised that they are shown the door
A Good Example is the Minister of Creative Economy
I seriously am struggling to understand why the Lady is not pulling her weight
She should understand that the Ministry is to evolve a comprehensive policy for the Arts

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by efego: 7:43pm On Jan 12
Good news.

Hope this will also improve the students facilities in our high institutions

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by LegendHero(m): 7:44pm On Jan 12
1 billion naira is a very huge amount for each terrorists institution.

They should just make sure all those VCs and university leader swear with Ogun Lakaaye that they won’t embezzle the money.

Government must create special task force that’ll see that it’s used for intended purpose.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by LegendHero(m): 7:47pm On Jan 12
I remeber one professor for FUTA computer science department that year.

This man legitly got millions of naira from both government and private sector as research grants for his students but he instead use the money to build house and other stuffs rather than invest it in the said students and research.

Then, I never knew until I worked with him for a software and mistakenly saw his emails and I was just seeing millions this millions that.

Corruption in this country might never end. It has percolated into the fabrics of every society.

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by SharingIsLife(m): 7:49pm On Jan 12
Are intervention funds outside the year's budgetary allocations? If yes, from where are they provided for? I want to be better educated on this before I comment on it. So, if you are well informed about this, kindly help me to understand it better.

Meanwhile, let's stop allowing Tinubu to be deceiving us with words like "approved". Why? We've seen approved funds that weren't disbursed at the end of the day and nothing happened.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Dapson73(m): 7:58pm On Jan 12
SharingIsLife:
Are intervention funds outside the year's budgetary allocations? If yes, from where are they provided for? I want to be better educated on this before I comment on it. So, if you are well informed about this, kindly help me to understand it better.

Meanwhile, let's stop allowing Tinubu to be deceiving us with words like "approved". Why? We've seen approved funds that weren't disbursed at the end of the day and nothing happened.

You need no more education., infact you are in position to educate us and give instances where money were approved by Mr President and the money doesn't get disbursed

You already made your supposedly reserved comment. And you own no one any apologies.

Is your conscience judging you?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by RenaissanceGuy: 8:35pm On Jan 12
That's quite big. If there's any university where construction is always ongoing 365 days a year, it has to be FUT Minna. Obviously, they're judiciously utilizing their revenue and FG allocation, even if there's still a possibility they're taking some percentage from it.

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Jking20(m): 8:46pm On Jan 12
Only if it gets to the appropriate institutions, and that purpose which is supposed executed as I'll appreciate.
For now I reserve my comment
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by naija4life247: 9:19pm On Jan 12
Christopher48:
Let us respect the President for having the political will to make a change
Its not just making policy and not making any moves to turn them into realistic targets for the populace
I am impressed that this government is starting this year firing from all cylinders
I really hope they keep the momentum,also there are some ministers that are practically absent and will not be surprised that they are shown the door
A Good Example is the Minister of Creative Economy
I seriously am struggling to understand why the Lady is not pulling her weight
She should understand that the Ministry is to evolve a comprehensive policy for the Arts

Cursed children will still curse their parents no matter what the god of Politics Emilokan Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban the City Boy Extraordinaire does

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by naija4life247: 9:23pm On Jan 12
This money will lead several people to jail, because they would want to embezzle it as they have always done. Tinubu will hold their necks and drag them to jail

I will be counting how many criminals in high places will go to jail as a result of this money.

A new Sheriff is in town, his name is Emilokan Asiwaju Jagaban

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by naija4life247: 9:52pm On Jan 12
Jking20:
Only if it gets to the appropriate institutions, and that purpose which is supposed executed as I'll appreciate.
For now I reserve my comment

Any looter that falls into Tinubu's trap through this money will spend several years in prison.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Kingof2nations(m): 10:09pm On Jan 12
Tinubu has been approving Money since he took over nothing has been disbursed
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:23am On Jan 13
Sure my contract will be funded. Time to ball
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by nairalanda1(m): 8:23am On Jan 13
Sounds like a lot of money, but in my opinion, universites need trillions of naira per annum, not billions.

The day I realized our universites needed more money than we were thinking of was the day when Wike and polytechnic teachers took a new salary regime they had agreed on in 2013 (back when Wike was minister of state for education)..to the Salaries and Wages commision, and the SWC told them to get out.(lol).

Also, in 2013, GEJ, and his ministar of labour told ASUU that the 2009 ASUU FG agreement was not feasible as agreed...and at the end ASUU agreed to a five year spread of part of the money.

And that was when we had high oil prices above 100 dollars per barrel.

At the end , universites need far far more money. More than we think they need. But the problem is, Nigerians are not that rich to pay high school fees, and also a university degree is the only way many people have out of poverty. Better to keep the status quo, and do periodic interventions.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by SoNature(m): 8:23am On Jan 13
At this point, Tinubu is showing that he has the political will to bring about a positive change.
Unfortunately, he lacks the stamina to see to it that it's implemented to the letter. Evil people in sensitive positions will loot this money. Even the 50% fare discount Tinubu declared, God Is Good Motors collected our names, paid some and looted the rest. Nigérians are devil incarnates.

This is why we need an energetic leader. Nigérians are fantastically corrupt and realising money isn't enough. You need on-the-spot assessment. This is the reason I like Peter Obi, Chibuike Amaechi, and Babagana Zulum. Even a monitoring team will be corrupted. Go there yourself and punish people for not doing the right thing. This is the only thing that can save this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Xwizard: 8:24am On Jan 13
Everything in Billions
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by thaoriginator: 8:25am On Jan 13
Ehh, up Jagabandit till 2087 grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by bigdammyj: 8:25am On Jan 13
Noted.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by TayDesign1: 8:25am On Jan 13

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Writer50: 8:25am On Jan 13
Our ears can hear ,but our eyes can't see neither will our hands touch ,that is Nigeria for you
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Greatex90: 8:26am On Jan 13
The criminals in his govt will not allow the money to achieve it's purpose.
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by money121(m): 8:26am On Jan 13
Congrat
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Bizibi(m): 8:26am On Jan 13
They should monitor those thieves....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by COVR: 8:28am On Jan 13
Slow but steady win the race.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Adonis69: 8:28am On Jan 13
Nice one if properly implemented

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by princeemma69: 8:29am On Jan 13
I hope the VCs make proper utilization of the funds

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Valuepaints20(m): 8:29am On Jan 13
Ok
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by Coolsat(m): 8:29am On Jan 13
To me ooo I think the president obviously has good intentions for Nigeria, it's just hard for now but will eventually get better.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:30am On Jan 13
Good move
Re: Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions by stanliwise(m): 8:30am On Jan 13
nairalanda1:
Sounds like a lot of money, but in my opinion, universites need trillions of naira per annum, not billions.

The day I realized our universites needed more money than we were thinking of was the day when Wike and polytechnic teachers took a new salary regime they had agreed on in 2013 (back when Wike was minister of state for education)..to the Salaries and Wages commision, and the SWC told them to get out.(lol).

Also, in 2013, GEJ, and his ministar of labour told ASUU that the 2009 ASUU FG agreement was not feasible as agreed...and at the end ASUU agreed to a five year spread of part of the money.

And that was when we had high oil prices above 100 dollars per barrel.

At the end , universites need far far more money. More than we think they need. But the problem is, Nigerians are not that rich to pay high school fees, and also a university degree is the only way many people have out of poverty. Better to keep the status quo, and do periodic interventions.

Trillions from where
So how about other sectors?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Madam Jonathan And Her English / Missing Youth Corper Confirmed Dead. / Uncertainty Trails Bailout Fund In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.