Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. (5310 Views)

Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? / South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria / Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Workch: 11:23pm On Jan 18
I know Lagos is probably the most developed city in Nigeria by landscaping and second to Abuja infrastructure but going outside of Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja may not be able to compete with their contemporaries infrastructural wise.
This post is not to meant to undermine Nigeria but for us to see that we have a long way to go as a nation.
When I mean infrastructure, I refer to transport system, aesthetics, public water, organization and quality of life.

1. Johannesburg, South Afria
2. Cairo, Egypt
3. Durban, South Africa.
4. Cape Town, South Africa.
5. Oran, Algeria.
6. Casablanca, Morocco.
7. Tunis, Tunisia
8. Pretoria, South Africa.
9. Alexandria, Egypt.
10. Algiers, Algeria.
11. Rabat, Morocco.
12.Nairobi, Kenya.
13. Tripoli, Libya.
14. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Workch: 11:24pm On Jan 18
Johannesburg

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Workch: 11:28pm On Jan 18
Oran, Algeria

4 Likes

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Workch: 11:30pm On Jan 18
Alexandria, Egypt

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Workch: 11:31pm On Jan 18
Tunis, Tunisia

9 Likes

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Workch: 11:36pm On Jan 18
Casablanca, Morocco

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by kenny714433(m): 11:40pm On Jan 18
Nigeria is a very large slum. Let's tell ourselves the truth.

In your spare time, go to Google, type compare Nigeria with (input any country). You would discover we are only in par with countries like Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Cameron, and other war torn countries. But we're not at war!

The only thing we beat most countries is child birth and stupid unproductive landmass which has even be occupied by bandits.

The scariest part of it is that before we get it right and things start to fall in place, we'll be in our 70s/80s because its quite hard to build.

Okay, states like Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta (let me not even call Lagos) is bigger than numerous countries like Maldives etc in both Landmass, GDP etc. Those state should have their capitals more beautiful than those counties' capital. But what do we have? A group of people pocketing everything in their account while their demonic minions cheers them up and defend them.

An average Nigerian has become a beggar. Listen to them speak, you will hear extreme hopelessness. It pains me...

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Workch: 11:41pm On Jan 18
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Workch: 11:44pm On Jan 18
Nairobi, Kenya

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Workch: 11:48pm On Jan 18
kenny714433:
Nigeria is a very large slum. Let's tell ourselves the truth.

In your spare time, go to Google, type compare Nigeria with (input any country). You would discover we are only in par with countries like Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Cameron, and other war torn countries. But we're not at war!

The only thing we beat most countries is child birth and stupid unproductive landmass which has even be occupied by bandits.

The scariest part of it is that before we get it right and things start to fall in place, we'll be in our 70s/80s because its quite hard to build.

with the way things are going, I don't think Nigeria will be okay in our live time because of the level of mental decay

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Scentedgrance: 11:49pm On Jan 18
I had wanted mentioning cairo
Had a brief stint there.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by tollyboy5(m): 11:51pm On Jan 18
With the kind of dirty people in Lagos today. Things are worst.
After government do road the next thing is to dump refuse on the road

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by NextAbuja: 11:55pm On Jan 18
But don't forget Lagos made it go the list but no other state did.

South Africa had 4 state on the list
Morocco Egypt Tunisia have two each where are the likes of

Anambra Abia etc

tollyboy5:
With the kind of dirty people in Lagos today. Things are worst.
After government do road the next thing is to dump refuse on the road

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Workch: 11:57pm On Jan 18
NextAbuja:
But don't forget Lagos made it go the list but no other state did.

South Africa had 4 state on the list
Morocco Egypt Tunisia have two each where are the likes of

Anambra Abia etc

Dude, we have a long way to go. Should I shock you?

Cotonou and Lome are far more organized and have more infrastructure than Lagos generally and I don't even want to mention Accra. Nobody that has been to those cities will disagree, Lagos only has more economy and money but we don't see what they are using the money for.

The question boils down, if Lagos is as wealthy as Johannesburg, why is Lagos not as developed as Johannesburg? Think about it

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by allcomage: 12:07am On Jan 19
It will only surprise those who have not crossed our borders.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Kepukepu: 12:19am On Jan 19
You are even going Far, Accra, Dakar and Kigali all have better infrastructure than Lagos and Abuja.
All the cities I mentioned have better roads, drianages, transportation, serene environment, electricity and public water system than Lagos nd Abuja. We wey dey here go dey think say we dey heaven.

Cotonou that is just less than 150km away from Lagos here is far more developed than Lagos if you consider basic amenities.

I have been to these places.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Konquest: 1:54am On Jan 19
Workch:
I know Lagos is probably the most developed city in Nigeria by landscaping and second to Abuja infrastructure but going outside of Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja may not be able to compete with their contemporaries infrastructural wise.
This post is not to meant to undermine Nigeria but for us to see that we have a long way to go as a nation.
When I mean infrastructure, I refer to transport system, aesthetics, public water, organization and quality of life.

2. Cairo, Egypt
3. Durban, South Africa.
5. Oran, Algeria.
6. Casablanca, Morocco.
7. Tunis, Tunisia
9. Alexandria, Egypt.
10. Algiers, Algeria.
11. Rabat, Morocco.
12.Nairobi, Kenya.
13. Tripoli, Libya.
Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Konquest: 1:58am On Jan 19
Workch:
Johannesburg
Breathtaking skylines of Joburg.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Ofodirinwa: 2:33am On Jan 19
Workch:

2. Cairo, Egypt
3. Durban, South Africa.
5. Oran, Algeria.
6. Casablanca, Morocco.
7. Tunis, Tunisia
9. Alexandria, Egypt.
10. Algiers, Algeria.
11. Rabat, Morocco.
12.Nairobi, Kenya.
13. Tripoli, Libya.

You have inferiority complex and you want reality to mold to your complex rather than you addressing it.

GDP, Lagos v. The Whole Countries Talkless of Cities

Lagos: $266.55 (2021)
Ethiopia: 111.3 billion USD (2021)
Libya: 42.82 billion USD (2021)
Morocco: 142.9 billion USD (2021)
Algeria: 163 billion USD (2021)
Tunisia: 46.69 billion USD (2021)

So nobody knows what you mean by 'development' because Lagos is the #1 city in Africa by a distance

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Ofodirinwa: 2:37am On Jan 19
This is the Tunis he's making noise about

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by justtoodark: 2:41am On Jan 19
choosin some places of cities to show how bad nigeria is is stvpid....

their are some places in nigeria too that can be compared....

if you dont like nigeria,why cant you just leave....??
are nigerians beggin you to compare them with anybody....??

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by ElSudani: 2:43am On Jan 19
So, Addis Ababa is more developed than Abuja? I don't think so.
Addis Ababa is nowhere near Lagos or Abuja.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by justtoodark: 2:43am On Jan 19
Ofodirinwa:
This is the Tunis he's making noise about

this people are soo annoyin....when you abuse them back then they start cryin marginalization and tribalism....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by revolt(m): 2:54am On Jan 19
Sad...anything the Whiteman touches turns to gold.. southafrica and kenya.. infact all the countries you mentioned. They were built by whites. Black's are truly at the bottom of the food chain.. all we wanna do is dance and have sex ...make babies.. dumb race.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Winneepye: 2:55am On Jan 19
Lagos and Abuja are both well developed cities in world standard, we should stop inferiority complex. Everybody that travels like the op can testify to that. What we lack is maintaining culture. There are places in both cities that will make you feel like us or uk. Stop passing wrong information because you hate your country

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Elemosho478: 3:42am On Jan 19
OP is a very popular tribalist in Nairaland and hate anything South west.

Look at him trying his best to discredit Lagos but when the government want to make a proper change by taking down houses that are messing up Lagos plans he will also be the first one to open thread and cry how Lagos government is demolishing igbo houses.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Winneepye: 5:03am On Jan 19
The sad thing is that foreigners who cannot travel to the country rely on these opinions on nairaland from bittered Nigerians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Ofodirinwa: 5:24am On Jan 19
justtoodark:

this people are soo annoyin....when you abuse them back then they start cryin marginalization and tribalism....

idk what you're talking about, I'm Igbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Starhearts: 6:36am On Jan 19
I love casablanca, morocco 🇲🇦.... d city of white house 🏠??..

Pray to go back one day....

Where black nd Arab get equal right

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Mrexcell(m): 6:36am On Jan 19
Workch:
with the way things are going, I don't think Nigeria will be okay in our live time because of the level of mental decay

The mental decay and damage is really a very deep one the most pitiful is seeing poor and wretched nigerias praising and supporting the same leaders that undeveloped their land and rendered them totally useless.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by onumadu: 6:40am On Jan 19
Nairobi is not more "developed" (as in built up) than Lagos.
But it is certainly more civilized and cleaner than Lagos.
Gaskia.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. by Nigercity: 6:40am On Jan 19
You skipped Der es salaami Tanzania

It's by far more developed than Lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria To Charge Russian Sailors With Arms Smuggling / 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? / Am Afraid... Buhari Is Winning...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.