Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,589 members, 7,843,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested (6136 Views)

Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations / Kano Election UPDATE: Deputy Governor arrested. / Inside Yahaya Bello's Multi-Billion Naira Mansion By TheNigeriaTimes.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by gare(f): 12:00pm On Jan 21
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Your argument is baseless. Teslim Balogun has been generating income.

Which income? How did it generate last year 😁 sabinus
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by gare(f): 12:01pm On Jan 21
MyVILLAGEpeople:

And you are talking about benue state lol. But it's actually Akwa Ibom

You are very wrong, not benue state
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by gare(f): 12:02pm On Jan 21
IjawAdvocate:

No proper guy think the way you do.
So it is clear that you are female.
How has the proper guy thinking helped this country 😂 always looking for handouts
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by gare(f): 12:05pm On Jan 21
Nice2023:

Any how u want it...the truth is that,u can't be building such a structure when ur people are still behind in almost everything.

Yes everything including education,investments in human development and name it.

That is my point but I am sorry if u feel offended.

Behind in everything thing like what? Akwa ibom state is far better than almost all states in the country outside Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja and maybe Kano up north. Which other states can you compare with them.
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by azpekuliar: 12:10pm On Jan 21
gare:

When you travel abroad you go and take pictures with structures like this and post for all to see, but when built in your country you start making analysis and economic values is that not stupidity

It's a tourist attraction, I stopped to visit the location on my way from Calabar and several others, very soon it would become a tourist site, people will travel from far and wide to see the structure.

They will travel far and wide indeed. Get your priorities right you moroon. A syringe factory in that same state closed shop the same week this structure was being commissioned.
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by gare(f): 12:11pm On Jan 21
azpekuliar:

They will travel far and wide indeed. Get your priorities right you moroon. A syringe factory in that same state closed shop the same week this structure was being commissioned.

You are an idiot for say that, get your own priorities right if you have nothing to say save your data
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by Rolings: 12:23pm On Jan 21
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Lol. Why are non religious countries so prosperous than Nigeria then

There's no non religious country on earth. All humans have one form of religion or another.
China practice Bhudism taoism etc
India practice Hinduism
Japan practiced Shintoism

Everyone has a form of religion

Stop believing it's only Christianity and Islam that exist..... Christians and Muslims make up only half the world population
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by tollyboy5(m): 12:27pm On Jan 21
gare:

Are the state people complaining? From your comments you're not from the state, you can meet your governor to do handouts for you and allow others to use the money for the future of their state, people like would praise Lagos state government for renovations of the Taslim stadium but come here and cast aspersions on another, that is what I call witch craft 😂
Don't use Lagos to compare. Lagos state pays her indigene bursary and scholarship yearly.
Lagos does youth empowerment through skills acquisition program.
How far has akwaibom rice gone? Lagos has a large rice mill.

The governor wasted money on building church.

Lagos will rather spend such money on Eyo Masquerade Festival

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by tollyboy5(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21
gare:

Behind in everything thing like what? Akwa ibom state is far better than almost all states in the country outside Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja and maybe Kano up north. Which other states can you compare with them.

Try to understand what people are saying. The people in akwa ibom can't utilize infrastructure to its full maximum.
So social programs to improve the life of the people is necessary and important.
Well the state is more of a residential state and not like Lagos.

I opened my mind and understood your point. But I feel tourism should be promoting native artifact not European inherited stuff.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by gare(f): 12:47pm On Jan 21
tollyboy5:

Don't use Lagos to compare. Lagos state pays her indigene bursary and scholarship yearly.
Lagos does youth empowerment through skills acquisition program.
How far has akwaibom rice gone? Lagos has a large rice mill.

The governor wasted money on building church.

Lagos will rather spend such money on Eyo Masquerade Festival

Don't you see Ibom air and the power plant do you just comments because you feel the state spent money in building a church and so everyone should go mad,
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by malcom1X: 12:48pm On Jan 21
mrvitalis:

Ok let's take your village for example you have 50 billion

You use it to provide all the infrastructure your village needs, roads, school, world class hospital and the rest, perfect roads with street lights and all that

While I use my 50 billion to provide loans to my people to start business, set up factories, soft loans to expand businesses , but we did no roads, no infrastructure nothing

Your village or my village which would be economically more viable

That guy wants the governor to give 36 billion naira to it's citizens to cause inflation
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by mrvitalis(m): 12:52pm On Jan 21
malcom1X:

That guy wants the governor to give 36 billion naira to it's citizens to cause inflation
That would even be worse than building the church
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by Nice2023(m): 1:17pm On Jan 21
gare:

U are talking from a lay man point of view. Give us the reasons.
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by farem: 2:13pm On Jan 21
666Mymark:

Where in the Bible did they say same sex marriage is good?
But even Britain that brought the Bible to you already sign it into law.

Britain brought the Bible to you? Who has fed you with this sh!t?
Anyway, your ID says it all
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by tuzle(m): 2:47pm On Jan 21
farem:

Britain brought the Bible to you? Who has fed you with this sh!t?
Anyway, your ID says it all
who brought Christianity to Nigeria?
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by revolt(m): 2:50pm On Jan 21
gare:

When you travel abroad you go and take pictures with structures like this and post for all to see, but when built in your country you start making analysis and economic values is that not stupidity

It's a tourist attraction, I stopped to visit the location on my way from Calabar and several others, very soon it would become a tourist site, people will travel from far and wide to see the structure.

Don't mind the goat
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by tuzle(m): 2:51pm On Jan 21
Using 36b to build a church cathedral by a sitting governor is a colossal waste of money. Do u know why Nigeria is the way it is today because we want to pray ourselves out of all problem we face. Even simplest of things that can be done just by thinking. What is the benefit of the church to the state that 36b was spent on it, someone said tourism. Nigeria as a country isnt known for generating money through tourism, so how will a church cathedral change that.
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by gare(f): 4:40pm On Jan 21
Nice2023:

U are talking from a lay man point of view. Give us the reasons.

Reasons for what?
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by coputa(m): 6:42pm On Jan 21
mrvitalis:

You build structures when you have economically improved your people

At least get the average home income to $10000 -$20000

This your mindset is the major issue with Nigeria

If I go to your village, build all the roads, schools, market, clinic... What exactly would that change for the average man in your village

Development is the people not infrastructure
Good roads in rural areas make it easier to move agricultural produce to the cities, and the importance of schools in rural areas cannot be overemphasized,as for modern market in rural areas,it gives access to buyers of agricultural produce to come in and do business

All these add great economic value and economic development to the village, since they are now economically empowered through this actions.it aslo steam rural urban drift
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by mrvitalis(m): 6:44pm On Jan 21
coputa:
Good roads in rural areas make it easier to move agricultural produce to the cities, and the importance of schools in rural areas cannot be overemphasized,as for modern market in rural areas,it gives access to buyers of agricultural produce to come in and do business

All these add great economic value a development to the village, since they are now economically empowered through this actions.it aslo steam rural urban drift
Lmao this one just dey copy text book they post

You don't need tared road to move goods to the market... Absolutely u don't

You don't need access roads to the market to be good for people to come and buy

Ariara has disproven this theory na
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by coputa(m): 7:16pm On Jan 21
mrvitalis:

Lmao this one just dey copy text book they post

You don't need tared road to move goods to the market... Absolutely u don't

You don't need access roads to the market to be good for people to come and buy

Ariara has disproven this theory na
good access roads opens up rural areas to many developmental activities and initiatives it may not necessarily be tared,Ariaria is just a few case

Infrastructural development brings economic growth and development.

You sound like a secondary school student
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by mrvitalis(m): 8:40pm On Jan 21
coputa:
good access roads opens up rural areas to many developmental activities and initiatives it may not necessarily be tared,Ariaria is just a few case

Infrastructural development brings economic growth and development.

You sound like a secondary school student
Give us a few examples Akwa ibom have very good access road how's the economic activity

Give me example of a village this has happen
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by jamesharryson(m): 9:04pm On Jan 21
gare:

I would rather have you shut up that to yarn gibberish like this. Beautiful edifice like that can come more when the masses are mobilized and helped. Here, you don't food and we are talking about house
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by coputa(m): 9:22pm On Jan 21
mrvitalis:

Give us a few examples Akwa ibom have very good access road how's the economic activity

Give me example of a village this has happen
Good road network has enhanced rural urban trade in Akwa Ibom state by helping farmers and traders in rural communities have easy access to many high profile customers in the urban centres

The 4.2km Abak Ifa-Ikpa Mbok Eyop-Ikot Abia Osom -Nko Road that connects communities in Ikot Ekpene and Obit Akara local government areas are opening the areas to inter state trade with Abia state just to mention a few..

Since you mentioned Akwa Ibom state,you may be domiciled there as well

Road network is a key to economic growth and development
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by gare(f): 6:49am On Jan 22
jamesharryson:

I would rather have you shut up that to yarn gibberish like this. Beautiful edifice like that can come more when the masses are mobilized and helped. Here, you don't food and we are talking about house

Seun should use AI to scan post so useless trolls and sadistic nuisances like you can be banned for life.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by Nyouth: 7:01am On Jan 22
666Mymark:
*AKWA-IBOM CHURCH*

They should arrest that Governor.

It was built with 36billion, 36billion that would have saved 36 thousand AkwaIbom youths, if they were given 1million naira each.

Imagine you do program that say what would you use 1 million naira for if it is given to you and the best 36,000 answers get it.

Evil Governments and them say na witch be evil.

You are more evil than Satan yourself.

Who do Africans this thing?

Economic value 0 percent

And that money would have saved 36, thousand people to stand and they in turn would be able to help friends and family thereby living standards improving in large ways.

You see my name?
666Mymark it is because I know that all those are scams they use to deceive the gullible ones.

@General Ditari . This small senile mistake of a boy with a hundred Monika on niralnd, check the trade about Jonathan he can't be found found there

President, Nairaland Ijaws.
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by Nyouth: 7:01am On Jan 22
666Mymark:
*AKWA-IBOM CHURCH*

It was built with 36billion, 36billion that would have saved 36 thousand AkwaIbom youths, if they were given 1million naira each.

Imagine you do program that say what would you use 1 million naira for if it is given to you and the best 36,000 answers get it.

Economic value 0 percent

And that money would have saved 36, thousand people to stand and they in turn would be able to help friends and family thereby living standards improving in large ways.

You see my name?
666Mymark it is because I know that all those are scams they use to deceive the gullible ones.

@General Ditari .

This small senile mistake of a boy with a hundred Monika on niralnd, check the trade about Jonathan he can't be found found there
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by Nyouth: 7:02am On Jan 22
666Mymark:
*AKWA-IBOM CHURCH*

Economic value 0 percent

You see my name?

@General Ditari .
This small senile mistake of a boy with a hundred Monika on niralnd, check the trade about Jonathan he can't be found found there
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by mrvitalis(m): 10:39am On Jan 22
coputa:
Good road network has enhanced rural urban trade in Akwa Ibom state by helping farmers and traders in rural communities have easy access to many high profile customers in the urban centres

The 4.2km Abak Ifa-Ikpa Mbok Eyop-Ikot Abia Osom -Nko Road that connects communities in Ikot Ekpene and Obit Akara local government areas are opening the areas to inter state trade with Abia state just to mention a few..

Since you mentioned Akwa Ibom state,you may be domiciled there as well

Road network is a key to economic growth and development
Bros you are just speaking Grammer

What I mean is simple

Without that road this activities still go on... What exactly couldn't not happen before that can happen now with those infrastructure
Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by mbos: 1:45pm On Jan 22
point of correction
THE white colonialist not the missionaries
there is a huge difference between the two

666Mymark:
*AKWA-IBOM CHURCH*

Economic value 0 percent

You see my name?

@General Ditari .

Re: Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested by Measle: 4:02pm On Jan 31
[quote author=Measle post=128047687][/quote]
Whatever you mean by saying that,that is none of business.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally Sony Apologise To Nigeria (but Rejected) / EXPOSED: Why Saraki Must Be Jailed - Buhari Breaks Silence / Picture Of Amaechi In His New Office As Minister Of Transport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.