Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,028 members, 7,849,154 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:22 PM

"How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? (360 Views)

Is One Thousand Naira Enough To Take Someone For Lunch / 'Lack Of Sex Will Make You Mad' - Nigerian "Slay Queen" / Ladies If You Were To Ask A Guy Out, What Lines Or Moves Would You Make? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by codedgalaxy: 10:39pm On Jan 23
I know a thousand naira aint worth much to you right know, but a quick stroll down memory lane will get you really excited about how you felt the first time you held the sweet reward for your labour. The joy, the pain, euphoria, the feeling of adulthood. To say the least its must have been great for you back then.
Which begs the question,
How did you earn your first one thousand 1k ?
And how did you spend it?

1 Like

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by codedgalaxy: 10:42pm On Jan 23
I no mean money wey person dash you o,
Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by rentAcock(m): 10:44pm On Jan 23
Working at a paint factory back in primary 5 - JSS2. I spent it all on sprint chewing gum, Goody Goody and those small satchet of very sweet condensed peak milk. I spent the rest buying knockout during Christmas period and dashing village people money.

3 Likes

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by codedgalaxy: 10:48pm On Jan 23
Me, i earned my first 1k by serving as labour (ogba'aka) for borehole drillers, lol,
My main work was to move sand from the water channels, I didnt know what pushed me, naso i carry go jack "winch" only me. The next day i was promoted to a full "clamper" lol.
Borehole drillers can relate.
I was paid 2k though.
I used it for my project.
Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by codedgalaxy: 10:55pm On Jan 23
rentAcock:
Working at a paint factory back in primary 5 - JSS2. I spent it all on sprint chewing gum, Goody Goody and those small satchet of very sweet condensed peak milk. I spent the rest buying knockout during Christmas period and dashing village people money.
lol, how can you be buying that much. you be santa clause? lol.
Goody-goody, damn brought some good memorise there, i feel you mahn.

1 Like

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by Wainey: 10:58pm On Jan 23
How person wan use remember how him take make his first 1k?
You no even talk 100k.

Some of us made our first 1k in primary school, probably stole it from my parents and we use am buy knockout.

1 Like

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by codedgalaxy: 11:04pm On Jan 23
Wainey:
How person wan use remember how him take make his first 1k?
You no even talk 100k.

See of us made our first 1k in primary school, and we use am buy knockout
Its rear thing for a man not to remember the first time he was paid for a service he rendered.
Just like a woman saying she forgot her first kiss.
Its impossible.
Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by illicit(m): 11:18pm On Jan 23
Maybe I stole it

I really can't remember

🥵

1 Like

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by Wainey: 11:21pm On Jan 23
codedgalaxy:

Its rear thing for a man not to remember the first time he was paid for a service he rendered.
Just like a woman saying she forgot her first kiss.
Its impossible.
I really don't know how old you are but I am old enough not to remember the first time I made 1k.

Maybe the first time I made such amount, I picked it on the road sef or maybe I stole it from my mom's pause.

3 Likes

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by rentAcock(m): 11:27pm On Jan 23
codedgalaxy:
lol, how can you be buying that much. you be santa clause? lol.
Goody-goody, damn brought some good memorise there, i feel you mahn.

Na only me dey chop am. I get sweet teeth 😁😁

1 Like

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by Rathoreng(m): 11:32pm On Jan 23
By making photo album apps 4 graduates. I was in ss2 then. It was more than 1k though

1 Like

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by codedgalaxy: 11:38pm On Jan 23
Rathoreng:
By making photo album apps 4 graduates. I was in ss2 then. It was more than 1k though
mind sharing how you spent it? Hope you didnt spent it on ashana?
Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by burp18: 11:52pm On Jan 23
As an apprentice. HVAC. Some 15years ago

1 Like

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by kevwemike: 2:20am On Jan 24
Farm work

1 Like

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by Peakdesign23(m): 4:34am On Jan 24
That was my pocket money back then. I use am buy biscuit, ice cream, meat pie, egg, mineral, and groundnut, then I saved N500.

2 Likes

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by okoroemeka(m): 5:51am On Jan 24
codedgalaxy:
I know a thousand naira aint worth much to you right know, but a quick stroll down memory lane will get you really excited about how you felt the first time you held the sweet reward for your labour. The joy, the pain, euphoria, the feeling of adulthood. To say the least its must have been great for you back then.
Which begs the question,
How did you earn your first one thousand 1k ?
And how did you spend it?
this got me thinking about the first thousand naira I made,it was in 1990 so a thousand naira was a big deal back then,I was doing general house cleanup and taking out papers and trash to burn when I saw share certificates of Guinness and Nigerian tobbaco company bought in my name by my father,so after putting two and two together I went to Union securities in enugu and demanded to get all bonus shares from those companies,,I got them after some while and later sold it to general securities for #58,500 naira cheque which in 1990 is a problem I am still in js3 no bank account,so I just paid the cheque into my mother's salary account in cooperative and commerce bank and after the clearing period just took a blank cheque and signed her signature and collected my money,it was huge the biggest denomination was #20 naira back then,one plate of food with meat is #5 naira then and it took me almost a year to fully squander the loot,042 flexings

3 Likes

Re: "How Did You Make You First (one Thousand) 1k"? by Klinxmanz(m): 6:21am On Jan 24
that was my js3, i work in a furniture factory were i supplied goods to customer, when i dey find money to start my ss1, i make money pass 1k sha com usd am buy books that term use the remaining flex break time!!..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Valentine Prayer! / Mr Nl / Reflections-a Relationship With Self

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.