Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) (13983 Views)

10 Things Fashola Should Do To Solve Housing Problem / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / photo: Nigerian Voters Usin Stones And Bottles To Keep Space Ahead Of Votin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 1:31am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Nothing like this, I pray.

kiss

well if you pray for such, I forbid it for south westerners. what nonsense.

If you study structural engineering and economics, you would know that strength to money ratio, this is far better that those cements and sand that cannot hold houses for more than 20 yrs again, I am sure you have been reading the news

these bottle houses can hold up for more than 70 yrs because of it's flexibility structural and inter-changeably
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 08, 2011
auwal87:

Yet again, exposing your ignorance! lol

Those people look like Pakistanis to you? Well, no wonder, you no fit my size here, go back to primary school first, then join secondary school, after that join university, finish, then come to nairaland, then we can listen to you. You do that first, then the first response you will give here is, [size=18pt]You were the dumbest person in Nigeria!  [/size]grin

I hate haters!

Yes oh, thank you for stealing the position.  kiss

List all the components in the completed house and compare them with what your boko is doing on the first stage. I doubt those up north have that level of intelligence to take every safety issue standard, security, etc into consideration.

Na who wan pakurete for us, all in the name of going green.  shocked

Arewa!!! yea!!!

I'm sure that that was you in the pix, playing with sand and water bottles. Just drop the mat on the floor to complete it.

South-East picture of that death trap keke is beginning to look better and better when comparing it to this one.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 1:34am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Fascinating ko.

As long as it stays in the north and gets those almajiris off the street.  kiss

You did not even read the article and jumped in to start "hating". SMH!

“The structure has the added advantage of being fire proof, bullet proof and earthquake resistant, with the interior maintaining a constant temperature of 18 degrees C (64 degrees F) which is good for tropical climate,” Yahaya Ahmad, the project coordinator said.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 1:35am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Yes oh, thank you for stealing the position.  kiss

List all the components in the completed house and compare them with what your boko is doing on the first stage. I doubt those up north have that level of intelligence to take every safety issue standard, security, etc into consideration.

Na who wan pakurete for us, all in the name of going green.  shocked

Arewa!!! yea!!!

And the ones in the west do ko ?

I dey laff o, just last month, a house collapsed in lagos, does that show the Lagos state government intelligence or it's stu,pidity ?

Where the houses not meant to be checked for safety before people start living in them ?

Abeg comot for here angry
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 08, 2011
auwal87:

You did not even read the article and jumped in to start "hating". SMH!

“The structure has the added advantage of being fire proof, bullet proof and earthquake resistant, with the interior maintaining a constant temperature of 18 degrees C (64 degrees F) which is good for tropical climate,” [size=18pt][b]Yahaya Ahmad[/size], the project coordinator said.[/b]

Earthquake resistance? using what technology to determine it? That's assuming Nigeria he even knows how to work it grin
Another Yahaya has done it again. Let me guess, it has also been flood and demonic proof.
I see, you're one of those gullibles who believes anything you read uh?
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 1:37am On Nov 08, 2011
alj_harem please take on this boy, I can't 'resist' his level of ignorance on everything.

shocked see me see wahala, abi anonymity na license for showing donkey-ness??
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 08, 2011
alj_harem:

And the ones in the west do ko ?

I dey laff o, just last month, a house collapsed in lagos, does that show the Lagos state government intelligence or it's stu,pidity ?

Where the houses not meant to be checked for safety before people start living in them ?

Abeg comot for here angry

So a house collapsing in lagos is an assurance for the strength of this one?
And what has lagos got to do with this discussion? or with me?

A house fell in Las vegas last year, I wonder why the one in lagos still fell.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 1:41am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Earthquake resistance? using what technology to determine it? That's assuming Nigeria he even knows how to work it grin
Another Yahaya has done it again. Let me guess, it has also been flood and demonic proof.

Go and find empty bottle, fill with sand, choke it with stick and make sure it is 100% full of sand, go and weigh this bottle. Try piecing a knife to it or hitting it hard with a heavy object and see what happens! Raise it up and drop down hard. Make sure the cap is tightly closed. Come back here and tell what happen.

Go find a 9 inch block, raise it up and drop it down, not hard, just drop on the floor.

Ajegule boy! grin Speaking English like the Queen of England doesn't mean you are literate enough, you got a lot to learn boy!
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 08, 2011
auwal87:

Go and find empty bottle, fill with sand, choke it with stick and make sure it is 100% full of sand, go and weigh this bottle. Try piecing a knife to it or hitting it hard with a heavy object and see what happens! Raise it up and drop down hard. Make sure the cap is tightly closed. Come back here and tell what happen.

Go find a 9 inch block, raise it up and drop it down, not hard, just drop on the floor.

Was that your assignment?

Gosh why did I get myself into a discussion with 2 northerners? It's like having a discussion with two @$$$
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 08, 2011
auwal87:

Ajegule boy!  grin Speaking English like the Queen of England doesn't mean you are literate enough, you got a lot to learn boy!

Even that, you cannot do. Talkless of being literate "enough".

c'mon get with the comparison. What were the component used? You think posting two pictures and comparing them makes it logical.

Earthquake resistance ko boko haram resistance ni.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 08, 2011
Lawd have mercy!!! grin
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 1:54am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Even that, you cannot do. Talkless of being literate "enough".

c'mon get with the comparison. What were the component used? You think posting two pictures and comparing them makes it logical.

Earthquake resistance ko boko haram resistance ni.

Your question was COMPONENT ko?

My Answer was; BOTTLES FULL OF SAND!, A'aaaaaaa, which kind eyes you get??

If you no believe ASK dem Civil Engineers, ASK dem people wey dem construct houses! ASK dem, they are engineers, they said it is fireproof, bullet proof, etc and you say dem no nothing, you are not an engineer but you say dem no nothing. See me see wahala.

These broken for you, make u understand wellu wellu!!! Haba, must you defeat aboki nowwww!
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 1:55am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Earthquake resistance? using what technology to determine it? That's assuming Nigeria he even knows how to work i[/b]t grin

SMH, I posted that to know if houses are earthquake resistance,[b] the STRUCTURE NEEDS TO HAVE STRENGTH AKA FLEXIBILITY [/b]stop displaying ignorance here and accept you are wrong.

Yes there is a technology used to determine if a structure is earthquake resistant or not and it has to do with structural engineering and architectural design such as this.

Infact this is a way to reduce earth quakes in places like Japan, and I am such they would buy the technology.

[b]Simplicity is brilliance as one famous scientist once said.

stop thinking everything is all about machines and advance things. NO, in fact that is one of the major achievements of the 21st century. Go figure.

Ileke-IdI:

So a house collapsing in lagos is an assurance for the strength of this one?
And what has lagos got to do with this discussion? or with me?

A house fell in Las vegas last year, I wonder why the one in lagos still fell.

i am trying to compare the block hosues in lagos with this. those houses are not flexibale and as such due to strain and acid rain, the structure becomes weak and they collapse out of shere weight

cements are made from Limestone to build blocks which are made from  CaCO3

CaCO3 + H+ ========== Ca +    Cation. this is soluble in water and can dissolve thus weaken the structure of those houses.

were as a plastic or glass bottle  are resistant to WEAK ACIDS.

they simply eat the plastering and and not the structure itself
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 08, 2011
auwal87:

Your question was COMPONENT ko?

My Answer was; BOTTLES FULL OF SAND!, A'aaaaaaa, which kind eyes you get??

If you no believe ASK dem Civil Engineers, ASK dem people wey dem construct houses! ASK dem, they are engineers, they said it is fireproof, bullet proof, etc and you say dem no nothing, you are not an engineer but you say dem no nothing. See me see wahala.

These broken for you, make u understand wellu wellu!!! Haba, must you defeat aboki nowwww!

Sincerely, if you believe the garbage that you just typed up to be the components of a home, esp the 21st century one you posted up there, then you must be educationally declined as I hope.

A bottle of sand. What an incredibly NORTHERN boy.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by nolongTing: 2:00am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Sincerely, if you believe the garbage that you just typed up to be the components of a home, esp the 21st century one you posted up there, then you must be educationally declined as I hope.

Ileke kilode now? Are you against Northern Architectural Innovation? grin grin grin grin
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 2:01am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

alj_harem:

SMH, I posted that to know if houses are earthquake resistance, the STRUCTURE NEEDS TO HAVE STRENGTH AKA FLEXIBILITY [/b]stop displaying ignorance here and accept you are wrong.

Yes there is a technology used to determine if a structure is earthquake resistant or not and it has to do with structural engineering and architectural design such as this.

Infact this is a way to reduce earth quakes in places like Japan, and I am such they would buy the technology.

stop thinking everything is all about machines and advance things. NO, in fact that is one of the major achievements of the 21st century. Go figure.

i am trying to compare the block hosues in lagos with this. those houses are not flexibale and as such due to strain and acid rain, the structure becomes weak and they collapse out of shere weight

cements are made from Limestone to build blocks which are made from  CaCO3

CaCO3 + H+ ========== Ca +    Cation. this is soluble in water and can dissolve thus weaken the structure of those houses.

Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 2:05am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

A bottle of sand. What an incredibly NORTHERN  boy.

Please stop the hating, it is not a NORTHERN IDEA, it is not Northerner that invented the idea, nobody claimed that, no where.

For your information

Waste bottles for construction? Yes, it is difficult to think of a bottle as a brick. But a mud-filled bottle is as strong as a brick and whatever you can do with a brick, you can do with a bottle too, Plus it has got lots of advantages too,

This project was done as part of our college activity.The man behind this innovative idea is a german named Andreas Froese,who is also the founder of 'ECO-TEC' .

OFFICIAL WEBSITE : http://www.eco-tecnologia.com

About ECO-TEC

Found in 2001 by Andreas Froese Germen citizen and its head quarters is at Honduras Central America.
ECO-TEC has done more than 50 eco friendly projects at Honduras, Columbia, Bolivia.
ECO-TEC has experience working with Govt, Non-Govt and International organization.
ECO-TEC has won lot of environmental awards for innovation.
Developed technology to build with pet bottles which helps to reuse plastic bottles and avoid plastic menace.
Developed technology to build water tanks with pet bottles.
Being a student of Architecture, I feel privileged to be part of this innovative construction project.

Building with Bottles :

This is an effective solution for reusing the plastic. Bottles have the following advantages over bricks (not even blocks, bricks are stronger than blocks, I bet this Ajegule does not even know the difference) and other construction materials.

1. Low cost - You know how much a bottle costs!
2. Non-Brittle - (Unlike bricks)
3. Absorbs abrupt shock loads - Since they are not brittle,there can take up heavy loads without failure.
4. Bio climatic
5. Re-usable
6. Less construction material
7. Easy to build
8. Green Construction

http://www.instructables.com/id/New-Innovation-in-Construction-using-Waste-Plastic/

A northern boy is educating you! grin
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 08, 2011
alj_harem:

SMH, I posted that to know if houses are earthquake resistance, the STRUCTURE NEEDS TO HAVE STRENGTH AKA FLEXIBILITY [/b]stop displaying ignorance here and accept you are wrong.

Of coursethere are techs to determine that, my question is, is Nigeria or the north even equipped with such? Esp since nigeria is not prone to earthquakes. and if so, why were we not told the level of earthquakes that it could withstand? Homes in Japan and USA have been knocked down by earthquakes. What is earthquake proof?

Lesson: Dont be assured by bogus crap in news articles, esp one from a nigerian article, carried out by a northern inspectors.

alj_harem:

Once again, what has your attempt at simple chemistry got to do with the discussion?
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 08, 2011
auwal87:

3. Absorbs abrupt shock loads - Since they are not brittle,there can take up heavy loads without failure.
4. Bio climatic
5. Re-usable
7. Easy to build
8. Green Construction

http://www.instructables.com/id/New-Innovation-in-Construction-using-Waste-Plastic/

You're getting these slowly, but that was part of your assignment.

That home was not build only on plastic bottles with sand in it. Compare the components of the structured 21st house you posted to the death trap this thread is about.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 08, 2011
nolongTing:

Ileke kilode now? Are you against Northern Architectural Innovation? grin grin grin grin

Lawd help us. Every death trap fashioned against us shall not prosper. grin
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 2:14am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You're getting these slowly, but that was part of your assignment.

That home was not build only on plastic bottles with sand in it. Compare the components of the structured 21st house you posted to the death trap this thread is about.

Any uncompleted building = death trap
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 08, 2011
Seems like educating this northern boys aint gonna be easy as I thought.
Twee much gworo chewing  grin

4. Bio climatic
5. Re-usable
7. Easy to build
8. Green Construction

Now tell us about plastic bottles, you can do it! We thank god for googles grin

Where is the comparison?
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 08, 2011
auwal87:

Any uncompleted building = death trap

completed ==> death
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by auwal87(m): 2:17am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

completed ==> death

Ileke-IdI:

Seems like educating this northern boys aint gonna be easy as I thought.
Twee much gworo chewing  grin

Now tell us about plastic bottles, you can do it! We thank god for googles grin

Where is the comparison?

tongue
Good night Jare.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 2:19am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Of coursethere are techs to determine that, my question is, is Nigeria or the north even equipped with such? Esp since nigeria is not prone to earthquakes. and if so, why were we not told the level of earthquakes that it could withstand? Homes in Japan and USA have been knocked down by earthquakes. What is earthquake proof?

Lesson: Dont be assured by bogus crap in news articles, esp one from a nigerian article, carried out by a northern inspectors.

Why is Nigeria and the north not equip with such? is there any reason not to be equip with such ? Nigeria is not prone to earthquakes but prone to acid rain that weakens structures isn't it ?

Offices in Japan withstand earthquakes . Earthquake proof is when a structure is flexible enough to absorb the energy or wave of the quake. Or if the house can counter balance the energy of the quake by using a counter weight to cancel the energy of the quake.

Ileke-IdI:

Once again, what has your attempt at simple chemistry got to do with the discussion?

It has everything to do with the discussion because I am trying to explain to you why houses collape in Lagos and how this can be an alternative in structural engineering
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 08, 2011
auwal87:

tongue
Good night Jare.

Makes sure you come back here tomorrow. You still have an assignment to complete.

@alj harem

Oya, where you dey? Mr, we have this chemistry to discuss.
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 2:24am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

@alj harem

Oya, where you dey? Mr, we have this chemistry to discuss.

I dey here cool I am sure you are cluless about this discussion but I dey wait cool
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:25am On Nov 08, 2011
alj_harem:

Why is Nigeria and the north not equip with such? is there any reason not to be equip with such ? Nigeria is not prone to earthquakes but prone to acid rain that weakens structures isn't it ?

Offices in Japan withstand earthquakes . Earthquake proof is when a structure is flexible enough to absorb the energy or wave of the quake. Or if the house can counter balance the energy of the quake by using a counter weight to cancel the energy of the quake.

It has everything to do with the discussion because I am trying to explain to you why houses collape in Lagos and how this can be an alternative in structural engineering

Did the article you read disclosed the type of equipment used and to what extent your death trap can withstand an earthquake? So they simply told you it can withstand earthquakes and fire and rain and thunder, and you believed without questioning how they can about their conclusion. How can a house that has not been completed guarantee earthquake resistance?  And next time, put sand in a bottle or glass bottle, drop in into one of those outside fires you cook your soup in.

BTW, I really dont care about the earthquake since it's not nigeria's problem, just wondering about the extent of the false info stamped in that news article.

and those houses in japan were built with sand filled plastic bottles?
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:26am On Nov 08, 2011
alj_harem:

I dey here cool I am sure you are cluless about this discussion but I dey wait cool

I would have been burned if you were beaf grin Since your last attempt at chemistry failed you, we'll just laugh this off and pretend that you know what you're discussing tongue
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by aljharem3: 2:28am On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I would have been burned if you were beaf grin Since your last attempt at chemistry failed you, we'll just laugh this off and pretend that you know what you're discussing tongue

Ok madam I don hear. grin grin
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 08, 2011
cements are made from Limestone to build blocks which are made from  CaCO3

CaCO3 + H+ ========== Ca +    Cation. this is soluble in water and can dissolve thus weaken the structure of those houses.

were as a plastic or glass bottle  are resistant to WEAK ACIDS.

BTW, you do know that cements are being used to paste these bottles together in this your death traps right.

So how exactly has the problem been solved?
Re: Using Plastic Bottles To Solve The North's Housing Problem (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:30am On Nov 08, 2011
alj_harem:

Ok madam I don hear. grin grin

Good because I was about to pull your hears for being such a blockhead grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tambuwal Has Not Defected To APC- Aide / Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. / Assets Declaration: CCB Invites Adeosun, Emefiele, Fashola Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.