Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero (8628 Views)

FG Approves 499 Licences For Buying And Selling Solid Minerals In 2023 / NLC President, Ajaero, Arrested & Beaten By Police, Rushed To FMC Owerri / Pictures Of NLC President Ajaero & Oshiomhole At The FG & NLC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by dre11(m): 9:37am On Jan 26
Joe Ajaero, President of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), has lamented about the crisis in Nigeria’s power sector.

Speaking during the 21st Trust Dialogue themed “Tinubu’s Economic Reforms: Gainers and Losers”, held at NAF Conference Centre, Abuja, Ajaero narrated how more than 30 companies got licence for power plant in 2005 yet nothing fruitful came out of the venture.

Ajaero also criticised the first three policies introduced by the Tinubu administration, saying they inflicted more pain on Nigerians.

He said, “President Tinubu wants to build on President Jonathan’s privatization policy. When Buhari came in, he did nothing about it… In 2005, over 30 companies got licenses to build power plants, but up till now, none of them has generated a watt.

“They said that they sold it and they would go to borrow money from banks, That does not pay. Nigeria that went to borrow money from banks would buy the power sector tomorrow. And what they told us was that what they needed were foreign investment and technical ability.

We have heard that proxies are the owners of Nigeria’s power sector. As of today, nobody can tell us who are the owners of the power sector. The Tinubu government should look at this holistically to have a conscious plan to move Nigerians forward. I agree that Nigeria was down at the time he came in, but the first or three policies have inflicted more pains on Nigerians and those injuries are painful coupled with the cash crunch.”

https://dailytrust.com/over-30-companies-got-licences-for-power-plant-yet-single-watt-not-generated-ajaero/

5 Likes

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by crossfm: 10:46am On Jan 26
Hehehe.

A governments that came in through the back doors,works with propaganda and is not ready to listen to anybody is who you are expecting much from.

They kept on bringing up policies that will bring untold hardship on Nigerians.

Removing subsidy without any plans on how to cushion the effect. They just want to proof a point.
After shouting, subsidy is gone, subsidy is gone,now see where we are today.

Instead of due diligence and consultations,they went ahead to float the naira, another hasty step that has rubbish our economy. Today naira is amongst the weakest currency in Africa.

The power sector is dormant.

Insecurity, terrorism and banditry is now becoming normal in Nigeria.

Inflation is on another level. The cost of basic food items is just alarming.

The funny thing is that their online paid supporters are still telling us that the one who built Dubai, China, South Korea and Lagos is doing exceptionally well grin tongue.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by chris4gold(m): 10:47am On Jan 26
Na Naija we dey.

Meanwhile, you have spoken well Ajaero the first 2 to 3 policies add to the pains. You are also part of the problem as Nigerians look unto you guys to lead while we follow.

3 Likes

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by TOYNEX(f): 10:47am On Jan 26
They are working on it .... E lo f'okan bale angry
Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by Brendaniel: 10:47am On Jan 26
I think I have plans for the energy sector, grace and favour be upon me and my plans, it is well....

3 Likes

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by fasho01(m): 10:47am On Jan 26
I don't take anything this man says seriously

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by melodyogonna(m): 10:48am On Jan 26
Interesting.
Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by AbdulQuadri2(m): 10:49am On Jan 26
Naija
Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by Idoko619(m): 10:49am On Jan 26
Electricity is becoming a shame to this nation, it's 2024 for God sake!!

7 Likes

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by Chikel20000(m): 10:49am On Jan 26
Who do we blame for dis....Peter Obi?

1 Like

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by adesegun121(m): 10:49am On Jan 26
Ok
Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by richiemcgold: 10:51am On Jan 26
dre11:

...Tinubu government should look at this holistically to have a conscious plan to move Nigerians forward. I agree that Nigeria was down at the time he came in...
https://dailytrust.com/over-30-companies-got-licences-for-power-plant-yet-single-watt-not-generated-ajaero/

So Ajaero knows all these facts, yet he is deliberately mounting unnecessary pressures on this government. Obviously, he knows that Nigeria's problem are so many and nobody can solve it overnight. That's a fact they all know, yet they don't want to accept.

..but this Tinubu govt sef no dey try. His performance rating so far is less than 50%.

6 Likes

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by Timmi: 10:51am On Jan 26
dre11:

This Agbero man still have mouth to talk? I thought the people down there remove all of his teeth, I guess he is back from the abroad treatment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by orion7: 10:52am On Jan 26
fasho01:
who cares ? Mtchewwww

2 Likes

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:52am On Jan 26
Frankly speaking I don't blame those companies.
Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by SoNature(m): 10:52am On Jan 26
fasho01:

Prove him wrong if you can.

You people keep defending absurdity in this country.

10 Likes

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by Toluwanise247(m): 10:52am On Jan 26
Let me think, before I make my comment to avoid ban…..
Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by Nbote(m): 10:53am On Jan 26
Vej
Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by trevorlinda: 10:53am On Jan 26
Did u knw... Nigeria is still building its mega city since 1967 (After Civil War)

How long does it take Dubai to build their entire country.... SMH grin
Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by Praxis758: 10:54am On Jan 26
Wait and see how some folks will tag him Obidient for saying the obvious.
Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by free2ryhme: 10:54am On Jan 26
dre11:

ajaero is as foolish as can be

you have this information and yet you people have choose not to do anything about it but only shout and make noise.

if you are not benefitting financially what is stopping you from acting on this information if you claim it is credible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by Splashme: 10:54am On Jan 26
Wow
Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by Anguldi(m): 10:55am On Jan 26
Waiting for government stolen funds

Almost fifty (50) companies got license to build Petro-chemical refinery since year 2000 but only (4) are on site with dangote leading, BUA etc

1 Like

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by ecolime(m): 10:55am On Jan 26
Praxis758:
Wait and see how some folks will tag him Obidient for saying the obvious.

He has always been an obidient. That is not in dispute. However, his Political leaning and well known bias doesn't erase the facts of his speech.

He has great points here. It is sad for people to get licenses and don't generate electricity.

Same as refineries, several licenses have been issued with nothing to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by eliteweb(m): 10:55am On Jan 26
Nigeria has always been a cruise.

Until we decides as a people to do what's right, we will continue to leave like maad people without direction

1 Like

Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by RPG2020(m): 10:59am On Jan 26
The regime Will favour them and their families where are they now

Lost people
Re: Over 30 Companies Got Licences For Power Plant Yet No Watt Generated - Ajaero by inoki247: 11:06am On Jan 26
Lol people are getting all doz License to get Loan from banks even ordinary CAC registration na bkuz of loan most people register am ....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

RMAFC, Accountant-general’s Office Suspend Workers Over Padding Of Salaries / Ojukwu - The Economist / Gen Ibrahim Babaginda Gay Activities Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.