Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,321 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. (1306 Views)

Bill This Guy From The First Day You Set Eyes On Him & He Asks For Your Number / Dating: Why Do Teens Lie About Their Age So As Not To Be Seen As A Minor? / "Clean Boys Are Seen As Girly While Messy Boys Are More Masculine" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Localemperor: 7:10pm On Jan 31
Something happened in my place of work, I work in an industry where the internal labor Union is active and till growing. Due to the kind of work, there is always or likely to be a disagreement between the employer and employee and this might affect production. So both parties have always made effort to see that issues are resolved before they escalate.

I happened to be the leader of the labour union, I have always made sure I tackle industrial issue that affects employees and staffs and even to an individual level.

We all lived inside the place of work, it's a large expense of land, our various houses is inside the industry and we avoid contact with the outside world due to the nature of what we do ( more like off-the grid stuff grin ).

On our last Union meeting I talked about working as a team to solve labor problems. Now this was what happened today. Yesterday, there was an emergency in the industry that affects all workers and employees. As the labour leader I went straight to our boss in other to address the issues with him, he told me he was tired ( it's was already night ) but i made mention to him that it was an emergency that require immediate attention but till he refused to give me audiences.

When I went back to the staff quarters I declared total strike and no union member was to resume work tomorrow ( which is today ).

So this morning, when it was time for work and it's was obvious no worker was going to work after about two hours of work time wasted. The management called for dialogue, I took some union members and negotiated with the management. The management as promised went to work and saw that the issue was addressed.

There was about 5hours of work time for the day when the issue was addressed but the workers refused to resume work even after the issue was addressed immediately and provisions was made to every person there.

They refuse to go to work but I went to work because I saw no reason why the civil disobedience should continue even after issues was addressed 100%. Now they see me as a saboteur that is pretending to look good in the eyes of the administration. I'm beginning to think that I did something wrong.

Please what do you think?
Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by VeryWickedMan: 7:19pm On Jan 31
Localemperor:

There was about 5hours of work time for the day when the issue was addressed but the workers refused to resume work even after the issue was addressed immediately and provisions was made to every person there.

They refuse to go to work but I went to work because I saw no reason why the civil disobedience should continue even after issues was addressed 100%. Now they see me as a saboteur that is pretending to look good in the eyes of the administration. I'm beginning to think that I did something wrong.

You are not in charge.

3 Likes

Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Bynz: 8:02pm On Jan 31
Some person(s) are vying for your position be careful around most of your colleagues

Localemperor:
Something happened in my place of work, I work in an industry where the internal labor Union is active and till growing. Due to the kind of work, there is always or likely to be a disagreement between the employer and employee and this might affect production. So both parties have always made effort to see that issues are resolved before they escalate.

I happened to be the leader of the labour union, I have always made sure I tackle industrial issue that affects employees and staffs and even to an individual level.

We all lived inside the place of work, it's a large expense of land, our various houses is inside the industry and we avoid contact with the outside world due to the nature of what we do ( more like off-the grid stuff grin ).

On our last Union meeting I talked about working as a team to solve labor problems. Now this was what happened today. Yesterday, there was an emergency in the industry that affects all workers and employees. As the labour leader I went straight to our boss in other to address the issues with him, he told me he was tired ( it's was already night ) but i made mention to him that it was an emergency that require immediate attention but till he refused to give me audiences.

When I went back to the staff quarters I declared total strike and no union member was to resume work tomorrow ( which is today ).

So this morning, when it was time for work and it's was obvious no worker was going to work after about two hours of work time wasted. The management called for dialogue, I took some union members and negotiated with the management. The management as promised went to work and saw that the issue was addressed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by fyzaila: 9:47pm On Jan 31
You that declare an industrial strike, when the issue was resolved did you declare that the industrial strike has been call off? Even if the issue have been resolved, you still need to write boldly on a cardboard paper that, "strike has been called off"
Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Nicepoker(m): 9:50pm On Jan 31
Off grid kind of stuff. Na cocaine una de produced? grin

1 Like

Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Localemperor: 10:04pm On Jan 31
fyzaila:
You that declare an industrial strike, when the issue was resolved did you declare that the industrial strike has been call off? Even if the issue have been resolved, you still need to write boldly on a cardboard paper that, "strike has been called off"
I had a meeting with them and called off the strike. What I do believe is this, theory x played it part today and it's natural.

1 Like

Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Localemperor: 10:10pm On Jan 31
VeryWickedMan:

You are not in charge.
It is not a matter of not being in charge, people naturally do not like work and they look for ways to avoid work. That was what played out.

Or what do you think someone in charge. Would have done?
Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Localemperor: 10:11pm On Jan 31
Bynz:

Some person(s) are vying for your position be careful around most of your colleagues

It is understand and it politics. Thanks anyways.
Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Albertone(m): 10:12pm On Jan 31
Localemperor:
I had a meeting with them and called off the strike. What I do believe is this, theory x played it part today and it's natural.

You seem to study a management science course. Probably business administration.
Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by chinae(m): 11:20pm On Jan 31
Your boss toldyou he is tired, you went straight to declare industrial action, do you think he is a robot?

His state of mind is not fit for such discussions as he might make an unfathomable decision.
Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by TINTINABULATION(m): 12:47am On Feb 01
I do not know the system of communication in place, but i will suggest you adopt putting everything in black and white.

Raise an official memo whenever you are going on strike, and issue a rejoinder when strike has been called off. Serve the Management a copy of the memo at both instances.

By so doing, you will absolve yourselves from matters like this. You can't lead people, especially Nigerians with very poor disposition to work, with words of mouth only.

This one is gone but re-organise your leadership strategy to safeguard future re-occurrence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Citizen10: 3:18am On Feb 01
Somebody is sabotaging your reputation in that place of work. They don't trust you anymore......
Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:52am On Feb 01
TINTINABULATION:
I do not know the system of communication in place, but i will suggest you adopt putting everything in black and white.

Raise an official memo whenever you are going on strike, and issue a rejoinder when strike has been called off. Serve the Management a copy of the memo at both instances.

By so doing, you will absolve yourselves from matters like this. You can't lead people, especially Nigerians with very poor disposition to work, with words of mouth only.

This one is gone but re-organise your leadership strategy to safeguard future re-occurrence.

OP take this advice, everything you do should be firmal and documented.

1 Like

Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Namaster: 11:58am On Feb 01
Localemperor:

See as you latched on to a nonsense theory to get an explanation that suits you. Are you forgetting that Theory Y is also a thing?

Fact is you bleeped up!

It sounds like you work in a factory and you were TOO eager to declare a TOTAL strike when the situation is something that could be fixed EASILY.

You are NOT a leader. You just occupy a leadership position.

A position you seem to exploit. You want management to jump at your say so. You want the employees to jump at your say so.

YET when shit hits the fan, your BLAMED your fellow workers claiming that they are lazy and unmotivated.

BTW with what happened this morning, MANAGEMENT knows you no longer have control over the workers. And the employees know you are a snake that does not have their backs.

In short, you are the BAD GUY.
Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Localemperor: 1:14pm On Feb 01
Namaster:

See as you latched on to a nonsense theory to get an explanation that suits you. Are you forgetting that Theory Y is also a thing?

Fact is you bleeped up!

It sounds like you work in a factory and you were TOO eager to declare a TOTAL strike when the situation is something that could be fixed EASILY.

You are NOT a leader. You just occupy a leadership position.

A position you seem to exploit. You want management to jump at your say so. You want the employees to jump at your say so.

YET when shit hits the fan, your BLAMED your fellow workers claiming that they are lazy and unmotivated.

BTW with what happened this morning, MANAGEMENT knows you no longer have control over the workers. And the employees know you are a snake that does not have their backs.

In short, you are the BAD GUY.

If you understand the X and Y theory very well you will understand that staffs and workers especially in Nigeria, naturally do not like work and are looking for every means possible to cheat the system and thwart productivity.

Secondly I don't work in a factory or sweatshop, far from it actually and at least 90% of staff here are learned and have undergo at least university education. You know little or nothing about labour union and managing people and this is what all you have said has clearly suggested.

In all your efforts to sound intelligent, you ended up achieving the opposite. Your opinions are subjective and is based on assumptions and everything you said up there are all in your head. You have never being in a leadership position, so it is easy for you to think it is easy and compromises shouldn't be made.

According to you, workers should evade work even when their demands has been met.

You won't last long in a work place and would be a cancer to the organization. And if you're already working, it's won't take long before your rebellious attitude is known to all.
Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Localemperor: 1:16pm On Feb 01
TINTINABULATION:

Thanks a lot and I really appreciate.
Re: Seen As The Bad Guy From Colleagues In The Place Of Work. by Localemperor: 1:17pm On Feb 01
ExudeLoveToAll:

OP take this advice, everything you do should be firmal and documented.
Thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

And When Ye Pray, Say / Jist A Gal / Questions For Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.