Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr (11758 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by ektbear: 11:42am On Nov 08, 2011
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0AsNUaGBnBF1KdFpfNEVNNDYtSzBhRk1HT2tuRDlMUFE&hl=en_US&gid=2

Culled from a document floating around on the internet.

Zone by zone analysis is kind of interesting. Within the SW, Oyo and Ogun seem to be neck-and-neck for 2nd place after Lagos.

In NC, Kwara is king. In the SE, Abia is by far #1.

Anyway, lots of other stuff there. Enjoy!
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by ektbear: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
t
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by danjohn: 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2011
are these numbers monthly or annual?
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by danjohn: 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2011
Dont worry. These numbers have to be annual. Nigeria is too poor for these numbers to be monthly.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by efisher(m): 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2011
Where there is data, there is danjohn. cheesy Bro, are u a statistician?
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by kcjazz(m): 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
@Ekoile I find Anambra's numbers very strange cos of the commerce activity there, I can understand Abia
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by nolongTing: 8:02pm On Nov 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0AsNUaGBnBF1KdFpfNEVNNDYtSzBhRk1HT2tuRDlMUFE&hl=en_US&gid=2

Culled from a document floating around on the internet.

Zone by zone analysis is kind of interesting. Within the SW, Oyo and Ogun seem to be neck-and-neck for 2nd place after Lagos.

In NC, Kwara is king. In the SE, Abia is by far #1.

Anyway, lots of other stuff there. Enjoy!

Interesting data, but what document was that may i ask? I just want to make sure the source is credible.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by ektbear: 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2011
Eh, looks like the IGR and FAAC columns come from a 2010 CBN report. But the document I'm reading is a report written by someone else.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by danjohn: 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2011
efisher:

Where there is data, there is danjohn. cheesy Bro, are u a statistician?

hahahahahaha I just believe in data driven objective analysis.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by emiye(m): 12:45am On Nov 09, 2011
danjohn:

hahahahahaha I just believe in data driven objective analysis.
That is very right! Data driven objective analysis, rather than beer parlour inspired gist
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by emiye(m): 1:05am On Nov 09, 2011
I have arranged the states in order of there total revenue annually in billions

(1)    Rivers                 >>> 184.5

(2)    Lagos                 >>> 182.8

(3)    Akwa-Ibom        >>> 144.5

(4)    Delta                  >>> 124.1

(5)    Bayelsa              >>> 89.5

(6)    Kano                  >>> 51.7

(7)   Ondo                  >>> 46.1

(8.)   Oyo                    >>>  41.1

(9)    Edo                   >>>  40.9

(10)  Kaduna              >>> 40.8

(11)  Abia                   >>> 37.7

(12)  Imo                    >>>  35.7

(13)  Ogun                  >>> 35.6

(14) Benue                  >>> 35.3

(15) Kwara                  >>> 34.1

(16) Katsina                >>> 33.2

(17) Niger                   >>> 32.3

(18) Borno                  >>> 31.9

(19) Cross river          >>> 31.8

(20) Gombe                >>> 31.7

(21) Bauchi                >>> 31.6

(22/23) Anambra       >>> 30

(22/23) Jigawa           >>> 30

(24/25) Sokoto          >>> 29.2

(24/25) Adamawa      >>> 29.2

(26)     Kebbi              >>> 28.9

(27)   Osun                >>> 28.6

(28)  Kogi                   >>> 28.4

(29) Plateau              >>> 28.1

(30) Taraba                >>> 28

(31) Enugu                >>> 27.7

(32) Zamfara            >>> 27.5

(33) Yobe                 >>> 26.3

(34 Nasarrawa        >>> 23.8

(35) Ekiti                  >>> 23.6

(36) Ebonyi             >>>  22.8
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by emiye(m): 1:08am On Nov 09, 2011
Akwa- Ibom is quite evidently the richest state in Nigeria, when you consider per capita.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by jason123: 1:10am On Nov 09, 2011
Interesting!
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by jason123: 1:13am On Nov 09, 2011
Welldone Delta state!! smiley
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by ektbear: 1:15am On Nov 09, 2011
emiye:

Akwa- Ibom is quite evidently the richest state in Nigeria, when you consider per capita.

Yep.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Onlytruth(m): 3:58am On Nov 09, 2011
Statistics is like the bikini. What it reveals is interesting; but folks are more interested in what it DOES NOT reveal, which is intriguing. - Senator Chuba Okadigbo cool

Take Anambra for instance. Four plots of land in Nnewi market was listed for N270M in the Nairalist site. I don't doubt that figure, because I know my town. Folks from this part of Anambra state own similar highest priced real estates in Nigeria, eg Banana Island Lagos and Asokoro district, hence the similarity of prices of Nnewi [b]market land [/b]and those areas. Need I say more.

I was also reading where a Nigerian government official was saying that Nigeria is targeting $100 billion in remittances from the diaspora by 2015. That means the diaspora remits at least 1/5th of that already. Guess who remits most money in Nigeria? I know that no region beats SE in that. cool

All I can make out of the statistics here is that Anambra folks are not paying taxes; or that Peter Obi is not disturbing them for whatever reasons; maybe he is prudent enough with whatever he gets from the FG.
Let no one be fooled by this.
One man in Nnewi alone recycles for more money per annum than the figure allocated to Anambra state here. cool
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by emiye(m): 4:10am On Nov 09, 2011
Onlytruth:

Statistics is like the bikini. What it reveals is [b]interesting; but folks are more interested in what it DOES NOT reveal, which is intriguing.[/color[/b]] - Senator Chuba Okadigbo cool

Take Anambra for instance. Four plots of land in Nnewi market was listed for N270M in the Nairalist site. I don't doubt that figure, because I know my town. Folks from this part of Anambra state own similar highest priced real estates in Nigeria, eg Banana Island Lagos and Asokoro district, hence the similarity of prices of Nnewi market land [/b]and those areas. Need I say more.

I was also reading where a Nigerian government official was saying that Nigeria is targeting $100 billion in remittances from the diaspora by 2015. That means the diaspora remits at least 1/5th of that already. Guess who remits most money in Nigeria? I know that no region beats SE in that. cool

All I can make out of the statistics here is that Anambra folks are not paying taxes; or that Peter Obi is not disturbing them for whatever reasons; maybe he is prudent enough with whatever he gets from the FG.
Let no one be fooled by this.
One man in Nnewi alone recycles for more money per annum than the figure allocated to Anambra state here. cool

I think i like the highlighted quote on statistics.

I am not quite sure you understand what the total revenue figures meant. It simply means what goes in to the hands of those you have elected. The revenue for[b] "Administrative governance"
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Onlytruth(m): 4:17am On Nov 09, 2011
^^

What do you mean
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by emiye(m): 4:26am On Nov 09, 2011
^^^
The total revenue(IGR + Federal Allocation) we are talking is what comes to the hands of government (State Govt and local govt.)

It is what comes in for Peter Obi and his local govt wo(men) to spend for development in Anambra. Hope you grab it now.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Onlytruth(m): 4:34am On Nov 09, 2011
^^
That is what I thought before.
I was not wrong then.
The figure is very deceptive. But whoever wants to cook soup with it can go ahead. cool
I'm laughing though.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by emiye(m): 4:47am On Nov 09, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^
That is what I thought before.
I was not wrong then.
The figure is very deceptive. But whoever wants to cook soup with it can go ahead. cool
I'm laughing though.
If that is what you thought before, then your earlier statement betrayed your thought.

I guess you won't hold your folks from this part of Anambra state who own high priced real estates in Nigeria(moneybags) ACCOUNTABLE for the bad roads in your state, the poor educational standard in state schools. and a greater part of the development you want in your state.

If you think development is slow or nil in your state, the man you hold responsible is PETER OBI, and maybe the local goverment chairpersons. Those developments need money.

If it is true you've got lots of those moneybags in your state, i suspect they are not appropriately taxed, if not your IGR should be higher than it is now. cool
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Pifa: 4:51am On Nov 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

Eh, looks like the IGR and FAAC columns come from a 2010 CBN report. But the document I'm reading is a report written by someone else.

What is FAAC?
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Onlytruth(m): 4:53am On Nov 09, 2011
@emiye

My folks generally don't like paying taxes, but I know that Peter Obi is a prudent governor and less ambitious than say a Soludo. Anambra is still one of the most stable states in Nigeria financially. FACT.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by emiye(m): 5:12am On Nov 09, 2011
Onlytruth:

@emiye

My folks generally don't like paying taxes, but I know that Peter Obi is a prudent governor and less ambitious than say a Soludo. Anambra is still one of the most stable states in Nigeria financially. FACT.

Glad you see the analogy.

None of those moneybags have offered to pay the striking doctors in your state? have they?

Conclusion is that the figure is a sad statistics in reality for your state. I am also aware from Nairaland that your Governor has decided not to borrow.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Onlytruth(m): 5:36am On Nov 09, 2011
Posted by: emiye

Glad you see the analogy.

None of those moneybags have offered to pay the striking doctors in your state? have they?

Conclusion is that the figure is a sad statistics in reality for your state. I am also aware from Nairaland that your Governor has decided not to borrow.

Nope.
We are not complaining yet, until he fails to build roads and needed infrastructure. He is not failing in that yet. He is just a very prudent governor, and people like that.

I read somewhere today that he is gearing up for work again on the roads since the rains have stopped.
Taxing people like mad is frowned upon by my people. He should only do that as a last resort.

I am behind him on his stand against doctors in the state. They are thieves, always striking, and not considering the interest of patients. The governor threatened to fire them and employ foreign (Indian) doctors. I support that. cool

All I can say is, don't use the figure here to wipe your @ss. It could be corrosive! shocked
If Anambra needs to raise hundreds of billions of Naira as a necessity, it would be done. cool
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by emiye(m): 5:50am On Nov 09, 2011
Onlytruth:

Nope.
We are not complaining yet, until he fails to build roads and needed infrastructure. He is not failing in that yet. He is just a very prudent governor, and people like that.
  I am not very sure most folks from your state share the same feeling, maybe i am erroneously concluding from the reactions of NL's from your state.

I am behind him on his stand against doctors in the state. They are thieves, always striking, and not considering the interest of patients. The governor threatened to fire them and employ foreign (Indian) doctors. I support that. cool
How intelligent is this decision? be honest with yourself, and supply the answer to yourself in your closet.

All I can say is, don't use the figure here to wipe your @ss. It could be corrosive! shocked
i suspect you play lots of vindictive game,to folks from other regions that's why you made this statement. I support development all round Nigeria. ok?
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Onlytruth(m): 6:05am On Nov 09, 2011

I am not very sure most folks from your state share the same feeling, maybe i am erroneously concluding from the reactions of NL's from your state.
You are mixing up things. People can complain about his methods. Isn't it a free world anymore?
Have you seen Anambra state begging for money or complaining of lack of funds?
If that is not the case, what then are you talking about?

How intelligent is this decision? be honest with yourself, and supply the answer to yourself in your closet.

I happen to believe that a single Indian doctor being paid N500,000 in a month and never goes on strike, is better than a Nigeria doctor earning N250,000 a month and always goes on strike and keep asking for more even if he gets N500,000. He is free to unionize. An Indian doctor isn't that free.
For me, doctors unions are criminal. It should be outlawed.

i suspect you play lots of vindictive game,to folks from other regions that's why you made this statement. I support development all round Nigeria. ok?

I have no idea what you are yapping about. I only told you not to put your trust in deceptive statistics.
Like I told your brother Ekt-bear, if anyone thought that SE is a parasite in any way in Nigeria, we would have since been allowed to form Biafra. Those literate enough know the truth.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Abagworo(m): 7:50am On Nov 09, 2011
@onlytruth.Stop worrying yourself.Anambra people are not in any way painted as poor by the figures.The government is poor.If all rich folks from Anambra diaspora send 10,000 Naira monthly Anambra might be 2nd only to Lagos.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by emmke(m): 8:09am On Nov 09, 2011
from that list, it's obvious the north isn't as poor as most people are making it to be. Look at bauchi, gombe, jigawa etc all doing pretty well and if we take the population of these states into consideration, then u'd know is not all gloomy for them. But mehn, akwa ibom and bayelsa are frigging rich (considering their small population)
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Abagworo(m): 8:29am On Nov 09, 2011
emmke:

from that list, it's obvious the north isn't as poor as most people are making it to be. Look at bauchi, gombe, jigawa etc all doing pretty well and if we take the population of these states into consideration, then u'd know is not all gloomy for them. But mehn, akwa ibom and bayelsa are frigging rich (considering their small population)

Akwa Ibom is highly populated.It is in no way like Bayelsa.They have a population density like Anambra or Imo and I consider them the 3rd most populous State when you include diaspora.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by namfav(m): 8:40am On Nov 09, 2011
the north west is doing better than the south east and the north east not doing any worse than the se, empty barrels make the most noise tongue
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Guk: 9:19am On Nov 09, 2011
Some people obviously did not analyse this link before posting their responses. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0AsNUaGBnBF1KdFpfNEVNNDYtSzBhRk1HT2tuRDlMUFE&hl=en_US&gid=2

It is disheartning that states that are collecting 80billion and above from Federal govt still have their IGR quite low. It is expected that you will use that free money to develop the state in a manner to stimulate growth and commerce in order to generate Internal revenue. What this shows is that they just collect money from FG, blow it & life goes on. What a pity!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos Lock Up Idumota Traders Shop,orders Them 2Go To Ambode's Rally-pics / Atiku Abubakar Welcomes A New Grandchild / Herdsmen Killings: Osinbajo In Meeting With Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.