Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr (11768 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by ektbear: 9:20am On Nov 09, 2011
Empty barrels do make the most noise indeed.

@Pifa: Federation Accounts Allocation Committee, I believe? But that column refers to money coming from the federation account (VAT [a sales tax in nigeria], port revenue, and oil.)
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by emmke(m): 9:42am On Nov 09, 2011
Abagworo:

Akwa Ibom is highly populated.It is in no way like Bayelsa.They have a population density like Anambra or Imo and I consider them the 3rd most populous State when you include diaspora.
ok. But is akwa ibom population density almost the same as those of imo and anambra? I mean they seem to have larger land mass and i dont think their population is more than 6mil.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Okijajuju1(m): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2011
Ekiti State o!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chai!!

How Sad!!

Poverty stricken state!! grin
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by mustspin: 10:50am On Nov 09, 2011
Okija_juju:

Ekiti State o!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chai!!

How Sad!!

Poverty stricken state!! grin
been expecting ur post, mr anti-ekiti, leave dem alone o, dem still get hope small na, atleast dem fit look ebonyi and still av something to smile about
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by scholes0(m): 10:56am On Nov 09, 2011
[QUOTE]Ekiti State o!!

Chai!!

How Sad!!

Poverty stricken state!! [/QUOTE]

Looool, who knows you might even be from Ebonyi, the VERY LAST state on the entire list, and u are there shouting Ekiti.,

Ekiti is a very small state with about 2 million people. And a Huge chuck of the total revenue on that lists also comes from Federal allocations, so in effect, only IGR {Internally generated revenue} measures the TRUE economic activity within states, not money given to your state by the government because you belong to the Nigerian federation.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 09, 2011
please can someone explain this whole to me in its simplest term maybe am not thinking clearly or am looking at my pc the other way round.

Are these amount money paid to states by federal govt? If the answer is yes. Then I think that calling some of the states in the north that can't show what they have done with the money rich is plain madness. In my own thought if u give Mr. A 20k and Mr.B 30k if at the end of the month Mr.A is able to turn his 20k around and accomplish project worth 25k with while Mr.B grappling with all his problem manages to stay afloat, calling Mr. B rich, is something I can wrap my head round.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Okijajuju1(m): 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2011
scholes0:

Looool, who knows you might even be from Ebonyi, the VERY LAST state on the entire list, and u are there shouting Ekiti.,

Ekiti is a very small state with about 2 million people. And a Huge chuck of the total revenue on that lists also comes from Federal allocations, so in effect, only IGR {Internally generated revenue} measures the TRUE economic activity within states, not money given to your state by the government because you belong to the Nigerian federation.

Me!! Does Okija sound like Ebonyi State?!

Plus Ebonyi people no dey make noise like those Ekiti Ofe Mmanu people!!

No wonder them dey pursue all the non-indegene cripples commot for their state!! grin

mustspin:

been expecting your post, mr anti-ekiti, leave dem alone o, dem still get hope small na, atleast dem fit look ebonyi and still av something to smile about

Anybody wey dey use Ebonyi State measure power na jonsing State!!

Omo! Ekiti matter too sweet!! Poverty State wey make noise pass States wey hold scatter!!
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by AjoMmuo: 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2011
Interesting!!! Based on this aggregate revenue index, SE is the poorest region in Nigeria. On the one hand, that is understandable. Lots of small and medium scale private firms meaning less government. On the other hand, the region gets the least from FAAC with two oil producing states in the region-Imo and Abia. Oh well good politics is never good economics,

There are other indices that could be used to measure the economic well being of a region this is just one of them and the revelation is an eye opener for me,
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by yommysomguy(m): 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2011
So much money in Lasgidi
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by demmy8: 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2011
Nigerians Please click on this link, to like this picture to put Nigeria on the world great scene again thanks
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=309160292443937&set=pu.127636357262999&type=1&permPage=1
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by chino11(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2011
How do you measure physical and practical economic well-being?

Aerial view of ibadan shows that the masses are starkly cropped in poverty

Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by chino11(m): 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2011
How do you relate the paperwork to practical reality??
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by pazienza(m): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2011
Ajo Mmuo:

Interesting!!! Based on this aggregate revenue index, SE is the poorest region in Nigeria. On the one hand, that is understandable. Lots of small and medium scale private firms meaning less government. On the other hand, the region gets the least from FAAC with two oil producing states in the region-Imo and Abia. Oh well good politics is never good economics,

There are other indices that could be used to measure the economic well being of a region this is just one of them and the revelation is an eye opener for me,

I don't know what you are talking about,how can the SE be poorest zone when it has the lowest rate of poverty in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by pazienza(m): 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2011
Namfav and ekt bear,stop deceiving yourselves,the north and sw are still the poorest regions in nigeria.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by manny4life(m): 4:26pm On Nov 09, 2011
Whoever that prepared that spreadsheet need to take another class in Report Preparation. I doubt the validity of such reports

1. The report has NO title and Heading,

2. The source link, notes etc are missing

3. Where is the graphical representation?

4. I would expect both a vertical and horizontal analysis?

5. We talk about revenues, what of expenses and debt?

6. How does debt pattern compare with relation to revenues?

7. The most important question, how does revenue compare to per-capita?

Anyway, thanks ekt_bear, but in honesty, this report is FOUND WANTING. This numbers CANNOT be verified, I can export these same numbers into Excel, alter them and import them online via Google docs and the numbers will not be the same. Again, this is the reason why I said these numbers are questionable.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Areosapien(f): 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2011
Ajo Mmuo:

Nope. Actually, that's far from it, because poverty and wealth are actually measured using the PPP - which considers the GDP and the population density. For example, Nigeria has a much higher GDP than Botswana ($377bn to $36bn), the standard of living in Botswana is higher with a PPP of $14,000 while Nigeria has a poor $2,500 - ultimately meaning Botswana is actually richer than Nigeria, because their little population makes wealth circulation much easier.
Now, coming down to Kano, even with their population over 6 times that of Imo, the number produced by this northern state is unfortunately nothing to write home about, ultimately signifying that the standard of living in Imo is quite possibly far better than Kano.

Also checking out the other northern states like Jigawa, Niger, you'd see there's no basis for comparison on this one.
The SE with its 5 states (as opposed to the 6 apiece in the cases of the NE and NW), still comes neck in neck against those states. Mehn, there's no basis for comparison. Any economist would tell you this.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by dayokanu(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2011
Breeze don blow, Fowl nyansh don open
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by ektbear: 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Breeze don blow, Fowl nyansh don open

+100

End of story.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by lagcity(m): 8:11pm On Nov 09, 2011
How did Kwara get so rich? I'm surprised. Apart from Lagos and Rivers, Kwara has highest IGR/capita cool. That means Kwara is the richest Yoruba state minus Lagos.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by AjoMmuo: 8:15pm On Nov 09, 2011
Areosapien:

Nope. Actually, that's far from it, because poverty and wealth are actually measured using the PPP - which considers the GDP and the population density. For example, Nigeria has a much higher GDP than Botswana ($377bn to $36bn), the standard of living in Botswana is higher with a PPP of $14,000 while Nigeria has a poor $2,500 - ultimately meaning Botswana is actually richer than Nigeria, because their little population makes wealth circulation much easier.
Now, coming down to Kano, even with their population over 6 times that of Imo, the number produced by this northern state is unfortunately nothing to write home about, ultimately signifying that the standard of living in Imo is quite possibly far better than Kano.

Also checking out the other northern states like Jigawa, Niger, you'd see there's no basis for comparison on this one.
The SE with its 5 states (as opposed to the 6 apiece in the cases of the NE and NW), still comes neck in neck against those states. Mehn, there's no basis for comparison. Any economist would tell you this.

Calm down, You are swinging from all sides, Did you read what I wrote carefully. I did state that other economic indices can be used to adjudge a state rich or poor. However, based on the figures in the spreadsheet, SE is the "poorest" region.  Figures speak for themselves. Whether or not the figures are real I can't say, I assumed they are correct, And I was only fleshing out what the skeletal figure is conveying. Don't feel bad. You may be right, per capita, SE may well be richer than some regions but that I can't delve into without figures,
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by manny4life(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2011
lagcity:

How did Kwara get so rich? I'm surprised. Apart from Lagos and Rivers, Kwara has highest IGR/capita cool. That means Kwara is the richest Yoruba state minus Lagos.

There's a difference between revenue and wealth (rich). These two terms constitute different meaning at least in the theory of finance.

ekt_bear:

+100

End of story.

Great! So are you suggesting that the link you posted is indeed valid? Why I ask is that I have altered the same numbers from the link you posted.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by lagcity(m): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2011
^^^^^
Nice try, einstein. Whichever way you look at it, Kwara is relatively rich in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by manny4life(m): 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
lagcity:

^^^^^
Nice try, einstein. Whichever way you look at it, Kwara is relatively rich in Nigeria.

Dude, I'm no way close to Einstein, please give the dude some respect. I'm not disputing if they aren't rich or not; if you read my post correctly, revenues does not mean RICH. Anyway, they did not post their population on there, so how did you arrive that after Lagos/rivers, Kwara has the highest IGR/per Capita?  Oh Rivers may have one of the highest but for Lagos with a population of 18million people, their per capita is likely really low. Lagos has population of 18million folks @147billion IGR = N8,167 per capita.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by jason123: 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2011
ank   State   GDP (PPP$)

1   Lagos State   33,679,258,023

2   Rivers State   21,073,410,422

3   Delta State   16,749,250,544

4   Oyo State           16,121,670,484

5   Imo State           14,212,637,486

6   Kano State   12,393,103,864

7   Edo State            11,888,446,884

8   Akwa Ibom State   11,179,887,963

9   Ogun State   10,470,415,017

10   Kaduna State   10,334,763,785

11   Cross River State   9,292,059,207

12   Abia State   8,687,442,705

13   Ondo State   8,414,302,623

14   Osun State   7,280,597,521

15   Benue State   6,864,209,262

16   Anambra State   6,764,219,562

17   Katsina State   6,022,655,197

18   Niger State   6,002,007,080

19   Borno State   5,175,165,142

20   Plateau State   5,154,059,937

21   Sokoto State   4,818,615,261

22   Bauchi State   4,713,858,180

23   Kogi State   4,642,794,262

24   Adamawa State   4,582,045,246

25   Enugu State   4,396,590,769

26   Bayelsa State   4,337,065,923

27   Zamfara State   4,123,829,498

28   Kwara State   3,841,827,534

29   Taraba State   3,397,790,217

30   Kebbi State   3,290,847,166

31   Nassarawa State   3,022,828,885

32   Jigawa State   2,988,014,405

33   Ekiti State   2,848,372,512

34   Ebonyi State   2,732,472,739

35   Gombe State   2,500,467,306

36   Yobe State   2,011,499,081

-   Federal Capital Territory   5,010,968,012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-498954.0.html
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by jason123: 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2011
As you can see there is a direct co-relation. Positions are only shifted slightly but over all, its consistent with the data provided by the OP. But then again, it is WIKIPEDIA! shocked
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by asha80(m): 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2011
jason123:

As you can see there is a direct co-relation. Positions are only shifted slightly but over all, its consistent with the data provided by the OP. But then again, it is WIKIPEDIA! shocked

Omoaholo Imogirie you have been found out
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by manny4life(m): 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2011
jason123:

Come on Jason, you should know that this is 2007 data right here and it wiki,  Please, we need real data. Oh btw, I'm only disputing the source from ekt_bear because it does seem like the data from that source is questionable. Unlike the one you posted, I back traced it to to different source which seems somewhat credible. 2007 data can only be useful if you're performing a horizontal analysis.

Please, don't think I'm bent on this issue or have any special attachment to it, I just have a special  feel when it comes to ####, I just don't buy data hook, line and sinker. For the record Jason, you are posting GDP, ekt_bear posted Revenues (IGR + Fed Allocation).
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by jason123: 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2011
manny4life:

Come on Jason, you should know that this is 2007 data right here and it wiki,  Please, we need real data. Oh btw, I'm only disputing the source from ekt_bear because it does seem like the data from that source is questionable. Unlike the one you posted, I back traced it to to different source which seems somewhat credible. 2007 data can only be useful if you're performing a horizontal analysis.

Please, don't think I'm bent on this issue or have any special attachment to it, I just have a special  feel when it comes to ####, I just don't buy data hook, line and sinker. For the record Jason, you are posting GDP, ekt_bear posted Revenues (IGR + Fed Allocation).

In terms of authenticity, we are on the same page (notice the wikipedia statement).
In terms of wealth and all, I think even a recent data collection will not be much different from the once posted. There might be a few jostling around (position wise) but overall, we have a [b]vague [/b]view of the wealth each state commands.

Notice that both data still points out that Delta, Rivers and Lagos are top 3. Ekiti and Ebonyi are also in the bottom of both tables. Anyway, facts or not, until their verified and updated . . some of the information provided can only be speculations.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by jason123: 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2011
asha 80:

Omoaholo Imogirie you have been found out

grin grin grin
Too much Sahara reporters, abi? cheesy
No, I'm not him.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by asha80(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2011
jason123:

grin grin grin
Too much Sahara reporters, abi? cheesy
No, I'm not him.

for you to even know it is from saharareporters says a lot wink
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by jason123: 10:16pm On Nov 09, 2011
asha 80:

for you to even know it is from saharareporters says a lot wink
grin grin grin. You are mistaken sir.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by kettykin: 6:04am On Nov 10, 2011
this post shows how gullible nigerians can be, nigerians can believe anything. Little wonder they now kill in the name of . God , somebody cooks up statistics with no source and nigerians are busy analysing it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency Endorses KICK AGAINST RAPE (season 4) In Port Harcourt / Governor Akeredolu Flags Off Door-to-door Campaign For President Buhari / Oil wells in the front yard of our people. (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.