Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr (11767 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2011
why is this ekt bear always searching every inch of internet even making up some fake statistic just for his region!
the other time it was about a fake link on education statistic putting SW first!

anyway kudos to you atleast you are fighting for your people. undecided
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Francis5: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2011
IGR= internally generated revenue
Does that mean there is no money to be generated or the govt is inefficient in generating the money?
It could well be that some Govts generate more but declare less. Its all about politics
IGR in an incompetent place as Nigeria cannot serve any purpose for measuring wealth

All these fake data you guys brandish about does not show the reality on the ground.
Poverty is worse in North, South West, SS and then SE. What we see on the ground is the only truth that paper cannot replace.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Onlytruth(m): 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2011
^^ lol

I quoted Chuba Okadigbo for them earlier. I would quote him again (paraphrase).

Statistics is like the bikini. What is reveals is interesting. However, what it does not reveal is intriguing.

In a country like Nigeria (lacking national identification data), if you want to know who is who, it is almost impossible. However, the easiest way to know is from things like buildings/houses (the types, their age, design etc). Other indicators are education, health/life expectancy, household poverty levels/hunger levels, and state budget debt/budget deficits.

If your state ranks low in these, but it mysteriously turns out billions in"IGR", then, may be you are deceiving yourself. cool
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by manny4life(m): 9:38pm On Nov 10, 2011
What that being said I took the time to refine the data from that website. The link is below. However, I am committed to compiling financial data on the web, so if anyone is willing to gather financial raw data, I am more than willing to process that raw data into useful information.

Sorry forgot to add link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av4rmwRfsfaWdE5wSWJqcDJhNG9IZkVlRUdZX0ZyYUE&hl=en_US&gid=1
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Yeske2(m): 10:39pm On Nov 10, 2011
Can anybody help me here, Jigawa state churning out billions with 95% poverty rate, Lagos state with about 60% poverty rate high up in the table and Anambra state with about 20% poverty rate and far lower on the table table. Abeg which of these states is doing better?
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Pifa: 3:49am On Nov 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Pifa: Federation Accounts Allocation Committee, I believe? But that column refers to money coming from the federation account (VAT [a sales tax in nigeria], port revenue, and oil.)

Muchas gracias.

By the way, have you been Cali-baptized yet?
(California baptism means you've experienced an earthquake, particularly a sizable one)

We had a few three pointers in the Bay Area a few weeks ago.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by ektbear: 3:57am On Nov 11, 2011
No problem.

Yeah, I felt those too. Still not used to this stuff, lol. Natives treat it as no big deal, but I was to be honest a bit scared.
Re: Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr by Gbenge77(m): 9:12am On Nov 11, 2011
Most states have a dismal igr and heavily rely on statutory allocation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sylva Threatens To Embarrass GEJ By Releasing Sensitive Documents / Atiku Abubakar Welcomes A New Grandchild / 2017 Budget Faces Fresh Hurdle At National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.