Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,427 members, 7,853,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning (8295 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Red Line Rail Project (Photos And Videos) / Sanwo-Olu Inspects Lagos Red Line Rail Project (video) / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Blue Line Rail Project Is Currently At 90% Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by idealogical: 10:57am On Feb 02
pocom16:

Boss..
That overpass is not more than 3 billion naira each..

While you are at it, add the cost Oyingbo, Ikeja and Yaba overpass.

Add the cost of Agbado, Iju, Agege, Ikeja, Oshodi, Mushin, Yaba, and Oyingbo rail stations with platforms

Add the cost of trains and coaches and so on.
Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by idealogical: 10:59am On Feb 02
pocom16:

.he begged the CBN to loan him 70 billion naira courtesy of Buhari's approval..
Go and find out.

Even if he did, it's a loan, not free money and it's still not a FG project.

Stay on topic.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by lionshare: 11:30am On Feb 02
God Bless Lagos, Lagosians & her progressive leaders.
Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by bdon123(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02
JohnAOne:
God bless Lagos.

GOD BLESS YORUBALAND!

GOD HAS BLESSED THE YORUBAS.

There's NOTHING you envious lots can do about it.
I got attention if tribalistic urchins...there i say hib weldone to me.
Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by bdon123(m): 12:59pm On Feb 02
HBB1:

🥱🥱🥱🥱

Go home!
I am home in my mansion on d Island. Abeg where are u..i mean which gutter side u dey?
Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by HBB1(m): 1:34pm On Feb 02
bdon123:

I am home in my mansion on d Island. Abeg where are u..i mean which gutter side u dey?

Work abroad-- earning Forex.

Lived in Lekki when I was In Nigeria and worked in Ikoyi.

Happy?

...and I doubt you have a mansion.
Except you don't know what one is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by bdon123(m): 1:37pm On Feb 02
HBB1:

Work abroad-- earning Forex.

Lived in Lekki when I was In Nigeria and worked in Ikoyi.

Happy?

...and I doubt you have a mansion.
Except you don't know what one is
Or cleaning yansh?i make more money than those cleaning yansh like u
Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by HBB1(m): 3:47pm On Feb 02
bdon123:

Or cleaning yansh?i make more money than those cleaning yansh like u

I don't clean yansh.

I am a professional and in the top 1% of earners where I live.

Happy?
Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by PHAYOL81: 3:51pm On Feb 02
That's great. Hope the management of LAMATA and the LASG masterplan team will prioritize the commencement of the two more important lines in GREEN and ORANGE rail tracks to fasttrack smooth movement of resident from/into those heavily congested axis.

GOD BLESS LAGOS STATE

FOR A GREATER LAGOS STATE

EKO O NI BAJE O

Splashme:

Oga, let's put things in perspective.

The "Blue Line" on the Mile 2 axis is a wholly Lagos State project built with loans from the World Bank.

The so-called "Red Line" is a federal govt project. Sanwo-Olu is only procuring coaches to provide intra-city service

WRONG. The red line is a LASG LRMT project. That the project is poised to use similar right of way with FG SGR at some point (because LAMATA built extension lines beyond the FG SGR)and with all the terminals constructed, pedestrian and vehicular overpasses built, trains and coaches purchased, all the operational equipments and furnitures, blockage of intrusive access that can lead to avoidable fatality, it can only look stupid to call it an FG project because of just rail tracks which the state even extended.
Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by bdon123(m): 3:59pm On Feb 02
HBB1:

I don't clean yansh.

I am a professional and in the top 1% of earners where I live.

Happy?
Are u sure u dnt clean yansh or something similar?dont worry me self na professional earning my quids daily right here frm naija
Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by HBB1(m): 4:05pm On Feb 02
bdon123:

Are u sure u dnt clean yansh or something similar?dont worry me self na professional earning my quids daily right here frm naija

You are broke man feeling funky, but it is allowed...

Enjoy!
Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by bdon123(m): 4:48pm On Feb 02
HBB1:

You are broke man feeling funky, but it is allowed...

Enjoy!
N u are a business centre attendant wit access to xcess internet n claiming working frm home.
Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by Suunnn(f): 7:36pm On Feb 04
Lanrelagboi:
More relief to come for millions of Lagos residents in weeks ahead as Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu reiterated his administration’s commitment to the completion of the second phase of the blue line rail project and flag off the commercial operation of the red project.

He said the red line rail service, when inaugurated in a few weeks, would further ease vehicular traffic congestion associated with the routes its built on.

The red line rail covers Agbado area in Ogun State through Otto in Lagos.

Governor Sanwo-Olu made the commitment on Thursday, during a high-level meeting with the President and management of the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, CCECC at its headquarters in Beijing, China.

Sanwo-Olu, who was accompanied to the meeting by the Honourable Commissioner of Transportation, Mr. Oluwaseun Osiyemi, the Managing Director of Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority, LAMATA, Mrs. Abimbola Akinajo and other top government officials informed the CCECC team, that his Government had promised over twenty two million Lagosians that it would solve the traffic and transportation challenge they currently faced hence the need to take off without any further delay.

The Governor, who expressed satisfaction on the pace of progress of the red line project, hinted that the State Government is ready to inaugurate the red line rail for commercial operation as soon as Presidency communicates the availability of the President Bola Tinubu, who has agreed in principle to officially commission the project.

https://lagostoday.com.ng/sanwo-olu-red-line-rail-project-is-set-for-commissioning/
Jagaban
Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by Lhanre(m): 6:26am On Feb 06
Make sure you get your facts right before making such statements.

While you are correct that the Redline lies in the same corridor as the Federal government line. Lagos government actually constructed a separate guage for the red line project including modern stations, and overpass in strategic areas. Go and find out.

When it becomes operational, it will be eletric powered which the NRC Trains are not, and so they can't use the same guage.
Splashme:

For the records, Sanwo-Olu did not build any rail line called "Red Line"

Nigerian politicians can be so deceptive. The cunning man simply picked the portion of the FG's funded (Lagos - Ibadan) rail line that falls inside Lagos territory and nicknamed it "Red Line"

The so-called "Red Line" starting from Agbado - Agege - Ikeja - Oshodi - Yaba/Oyigbo is a part of the larger federal govt owned Lagos - Ibadan railway project that falls under Lagos territory.

Sanwo-Olu should explain it this way to Lagosians, he won't die. All the governor is doing to procure the train coaches

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning by PDPdestroyer(m): 11:11pm On Feb 07
TopBanter:

Bro, what "facts" did you provide? You're a joyless and depressed person. That is why you cannot give credit where due and must therefore dwell on semantics or side chat initiated to please your sadism and bad belle for others.

Lagos metro rail or Lagos rail mass transit, of which the Red line is an integral part, is pioneering first of it's kind in all West Africa.

Other Africans look on with admiration and envy while Lagos gets hate at home from Nigerian haters like you.

Pathetic. I stand on my word you are Igbo. If it walks like a Duck, it's a Duck.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_Rail_Mass_Transit
Hmmm....Dsalvo is back!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Are The Best Governors In Nigeria? / NBS: 29 States Generated N317.79bn In Six Months - Thisday / Ugwuanyi’s Wife Donates Cervical Cancer Screening Machines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.