Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor (29493 Views)

Kidnapped Ex-President Jonathan's Cousin, Mike Ogiasa Begs For Life (Video) / Mike Ejiofor: Masari Laid Foundation For Kidnapping In Error - Ex-DSS Director / Why fake certificate holders get ministerial appointments- ex-DSS Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Nemere2020: 11:38am On Feb 04
Mike Ejiofor, a former Director of the Department of State Services (DSS), has said he used to discourage families of those who were kidnapped from paying ransom until he became a victim of kidnapping.

He said the spate of kidnappings can still be curtailed but the failure to address the insecurity is hinged on insufficient resources.

Ejiofor said this in an interview with Vanguard, while reacting to the killings of traditional rulers by kidnappers in Ekiti and Kwara states.

He said, "It (insecurity) is not out of control but people are worried. I am worried. The issue is that we have not deployed sufficient resources to tackle the problem.”

“No one should be blaming the government now because this issue has been festering for a long time. The largest we have in the budget is for the security sub-sector.

“There should be proper oversight to ensure the funds are properly deployed. We have to ensure the monies are not diverted by the leadership of security agencies. They shouldn’t live luxurious lifestyles.

“Before I became a victim, I had often said people shouldn’t pay ransom. But that notion changed after I became a victim. He who feels it knows it. Unless you are not involved, you will do everything possible including payment of ransom to release your relative.

“Of course, government will always discourage people from paying ransom. For me, I believe in the saying that he who fights and runs away lives to fight another day. If you secure yourself, if government cannot secure you, that’s fine.

“Another option could have been for the government to supervise the payment of ransom to get information. But victims do not cooperate with police.”

The ex-DSS boss said the economic hardship in the country is pushing people into kidnapping innocent Nigerians for ransom.

“They now see it as an industry. Everybody is getting involved because of economic hardship. The economy is partly responsible for the escalation of criminality.”

“People are suffering. You can’t attack people’s houses and see cash. You can’t break into a shop to collect things because you will be arrested. The quickest way to make money now is through payment of ransom.”

https://trustradio.com.ng/en/i-discouraged-ransom-payment-until-i-was-kidnapped-ex-dss-director

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by immortalcrown(m): 11:43am On Feb 04
"Don't judge me until you are in my shoes." grin

But it is necessary for us to have empathy (emotional intelligence). Certain things must not happen to you before you understand them.

174 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by RepoMan007: 11:50am On Feb 04
You realized how useless the paid rescuers are so you changed your position towards ransom payment.

10 Likes

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by thesicilian: 11:56am On Feb 04
He's mad to have discouraged ransome payment in the first place. Shows he's not intelligent enough to know the pains of others and the shortcomings of the society he lives in. Does he also have to experience being rapéd before knowing that rapists should be stoned to death?

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by IBB007: 11:59am On Feb 04
Lol…true talk though

3 Likes

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Arda1000(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04
To sum it the man is very heartless and insensitive

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by slivertongue: 12:33pm On Feb 04
experience the worst teacher
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by ClearFlair: 7:12pm On Feb 04
🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by TrackerSK: 7:13pm On Feb 04
You should have die there

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by JimohMomoh: 7:13pm On Feb 04
Banditry, one of the major legacy left behind by Buhari.

The major problem with kidnapping now is not ransome payment, but killing their victims and selling their body parts or using them for money rituals.

Young ladies walking on the road are kidnapped in broad day light and whisked away in tinted vehicles. They don't bother calling for ransome because their aim is to use them for rituals.
This is what is currently happening in Auchi and Okene

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Globad(f): 7:14pm On Feb 04
Hmmm, hope kidnapping hasn't come to stay. It's a very bad crime

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Brendaniel: 7:14pm On Feb 04
That's why I just look at people saying that people should stop paying ransom and I just pray it doesn't happen to them before they will start speaking like this man, also for those saying focus on yourself and leave the government alone, just pray you don't fall victim to bad governance before you realise you should hold the government accountable at all times....

The truth is the government is failing in its duties....

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by aariwa(m): 7:14pm On Feb 04
Lol…a DSS director still emphasizing Nigeria is a failed country…smh

4 Likes

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by 1gbdata: 7:14pm On Feb 04
Ok
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by NaijaSumigan: 7:14pm On Feb 04
If the government chooses not to improve the lives of Nigerians, the same politicians send their love ones abroad. Reasons they don't care about the new business in town.

Hopefully, maybe the Kidnappers will catch a big fish someday. That could be the turn around we are waiting for.

If protest won't work, revolution won't work, military won't work, something else will work.

Possibly or maybe Kidnapping!

It's getting more interesting. My appeal to Kidnappers is they should go for the big fish in town. Leave innocent Nigerians alone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Sensiblerealist: 7:15pm On Feb 04
So inn sef follow pay ransom. E for noor pay nah make the bastards yamutu am. All of Una wey bring this nation to comatose will not know peace

2 Likes

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Fidinno(m): 7:15pm On Feb 04
In Nigeria experience remains the best teacher.

I pray the presidency gets kidnapped someday so they can feel the pains of ordinary Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by spencekat(m): 7:15pm On Feb 04
immortalcrown:
"Don't judge me until you are in my shoes." grin
I learnt this in 2021.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Justoneweek: 7:16pm On Feb 04
The security situation in Nigeria is pathetic.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count and improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account for fraud and post my details online.

Its 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bitter kola made without any side effects.

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Rebuker(m): 7:16pm On Feb 04
We are not yet ready to stop kindapping in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by datola: 7:16pm On Feb 04
He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by MVLOX(m): 7:17pm On Feb 04
Make I settle down laff again
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Honestey: 7:17pm On Feb 04
They kidnapped him to give him brain resetting about kidnapping. Just like every other lucrative business, this one too will need certificate of incorporation to function

2 Likes

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Femisol(m): 7:17pm On Feb 04
Eni Mo lo ba, Eni ba lo mo grin
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Rebuker(m): 7:18pm On Feb 04
We are not yet ready to stop kindapping in Nigeria. When the government is ready to put an end to it, they will take the fight to them like this:

https://www.nairaland.com/7986793/nigerian-army-filmed-fierce-gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUCzRgStJ_4

2 Likes

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by adolfHitler1934: 7:18pm On Feb 04
Just imagine what a security agent is spewing. It shows how incompetent and corrupt these security agencies are. For him to say that the heads of the agencies should ensure they don't divert monies meant for the institutions shows how shamelessly corrupt these people are, yet no one is brought to book.
God, instead of me to come back as a Nigerian in my next world, just convert me to a tree or polar bear in Syberia because I will gladly and proudly belong to where humans threat animals and trees well, talk more of their fellow humans.

3 Likes

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Praktikals(m): 7:18pm On Feb 04
angry
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Administration1: 7:19pm On Feb 04
Hmmm, Oga calm down, we can't forget so soon when you were in Akwa Ibom State as Dir,
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by faceland: 7:20pm On Feb 04
When you ask them to japa, they would say "Noooo, it's too cold, Nigeria is too sweet". They prefer to pay ransom instead.

At least the Federal Government should make a ministry that handle subsidizing and taxing ransom payment. 7% of ransom payment in January alone can solve many issues. 😒

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by lexy2014: 7:22pm On Feb 04
“No one should be blaming the government now because this issue has been festering for a long time"

so who should be blamed if not government? what a clown.

Section 14 (2b) of the constitution: "the SECURITY and welfare of the people is the primary purpose of government"

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Officer In Makurdi Wounded By APC Thugs (Photos) / Senator Shehu Sani Defects To PDP / Grassroot Sensitisation Of Peter Obi In Gwoza LGA Borno State(video & Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.