Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor (29520 Views)

Kidnapped Ex-President Jonathan's Cousin, Mike Ogiasa Begs For Life (Video) / Mike Ejiofor: Masari Laid Foundation For Kidnapping In Error - Ex-DSS Director / Why fake certificate holders get ministerial appointments- ex-DSS Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by cococandy(f): 8:51pm On Feb 04
Of course

Certain types of personalities can only sympathize with a situation if it happens to them or their loved ones. In any other situation, you’re talking to the wind. Like pouring water on stone. It doesn’t penetrate

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by cococandy(f): 8:52pm On Feb 04
If you get kidnapped, would you rather they kill you than someone pays to rescue you?

Please be sincere
Dennisochampa:
Reasons why terrorism and crime will not stop...
They kidnap today.... U pay 50m for release....
What do u think will happen tomorrow

It won't stop!!!!

Imagine for one day work.... U get 50m.....

What the government need to do is to improve surveillance and security......
Not to encourage ransom payments!!!
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Babalegba(m): 8:53pm On Feb 04
thesicilian:
He's mad to have discouraged ransome payment in the first place. Shows he's not intelligent enough to know the pains of others and the shortcomings of the society he lives in. Does he also have to experience being rapéd before knowing that rapists should be stoned to death?
He was right that ransom should not be paid. If no ransom was paid when the first six people were kidnapped then we would not have the kidnapping epidemic that we have now and many lives would have been saved.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Dennisochampa: 8:58pm On Feb 04
cococandy:
If you get kidnapped, would you rather they kill you than someone pays to rescue you?

Please be sincere
No one prays to be kidnapped....
I am just saying our government should discourage ransom payments by beefing up security.....
If there is no kidnap, will there be a need to pay ransom?
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by davosea(m): 9:05pm On Feb 04
Lol we all ignorant of Aids until it happens to you.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by cococandy(f): 9:25pm On Feb 04
Dennisochampa:
No one prays to be kidnapped....
I am just saying our government should discourage ransom payments by beefing up security.....
If there is no kidnap, will there be a need to pay ransom?

I agree prevention is the best option
Absolutely

But I’m saying if the kidnap does occur, that’s not the time to be saying don’t pay ransom knowing fully well that we are not the ones on the other side of the of the issue
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by ekelebeXstunner: 10:04pm On Feb 04
Do we not have security forces in the country? Are we now like Mexico where government officials have hands in kidnappings, drug dealings and organ trafficking? What honestly is happening? We’ve ignored problems in this country for too long. They’ve become literal cancers to the society.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Dennisochampa: 10:53pm On Feb 04
cococandy:

I agree prevention is the best option
Absolutely

But I’m saying if the kidnap does occur, that’s not the time to be saying don’t pay ransom knowing fully well that we are not the ones on the other side of the of the issue
With proper planning, intelligence and surveillance, we do not even have to pay ransom for those kidnapped....
Those who rescued the American citizen and killed those who kidnapped him, they don't have 2 heads....
They only have better planning and equipments....
If we can invest in security and reduce corruption especially in public offices to the barest minimum, all these acts of madness will be a thing of the past

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by imagemecorporat: 11:08pm On Feb 04
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by 9jatriot(m): 11:35pm On Feb 04
When I say many Nigerians are not productive, they will think I am hating. How can denying someone of their freedom and sometimes life be such a lucrative business for a lot of people. You take someone's life like chicken because of money. I cannot wrap my head around it.

We are very creative when it comes to crime but just to come up with innovative ideas that the world will also copy and praise us for, lai lai.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Konquest: 11:48pm On Feb 04
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by IbrahimSola: 11:51pm On Feb 04
Our dear Nigerian kidnappers association, I believe you are reading this.

Please leave ordinary suffering and starving Nigerians alone, they're not the one who made you who you are. Please focus on your politicians and leaders. You can kidnap them as much and often as you like, but please leave ordinary Nigerians alone.

Thank you .
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by WINDSOW(m): 12:14am On Feb 05
adolfHitler1934:
Just imagine what a security agent is spewing. It shows how incompetent and corrupt these security agencies are. For him to say that the heads of the agencies should ensure they don't divert monies meant for the institutions shows how shamelessly corrupt these people are, yet no one is brought to book.
God, instead of me to come back as a Nigerian in my next world, just convert me to a tree or polar bear in Syberia because I will gladly and proudly belong to where humans threat animals and trees well, talk more of their fellow humans.

My major concern is with the heck one is passing through in Nigeria and on the last day, one angel go give hell judgement for a Naija. Omo, head go roll oooooo. Aje!!!

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Abee79(m): 9:40am On Feb 05
NaijaSumigan:
If the government chooses not to improve the lives of Nigerians, the same politicians send their love ones abroad. Reasons they don't care about the new business in town.

Hopefully, maybe the Kidnappers will catch a big fish someday. That could be the turn around we are waiting for.

If protest won't work, revolution won't work, military won't work, something else will work.

Possibly or maybe Kidnapping!

It's getting more interesting. My appeal to Kidnappers is they should go for the big fish in town. Leave innocent Nigerians alone.
They'll not do that because it's going to be bad market for them. They prefer soft targets, unfortunately
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by tefund(m): 10:53am On Feb 05
HRMK:
you need to see how wretched and unkept these kidnappers look when arrested!it would be obvious they are working for politicians!!
Many so called arrested kidnappers are Innocent people.where you go see kidnappers arrest..
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by tefund(m): 10:59am On Feb 05
Negroid001:

Come to think of it. I won't be surprised.
How soldier go dey collect 50kpa? Chai!
I Don't think Nigeria need plenty soldiers, because Nigeria is not under and will never be under external aggression,what Nigeria needs is a well funded and technologicallyl inclined police force..
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by HRMK: 12:40pm On Feb 05
tefund:
Many so called arrested kidnappers are Innocent people.where you go see kidnappers arrest..

REALLY?ARE YOU SAYING THEY ARE GHOSTS?
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Thomasankara(m): 5:36pm On Feb 05
[/color] government officials can never be kidnapped[color=#770077]
NaijaSumigan:
If the government chooses not to improve the lives of Nigerians, the same politicians send their love ones abroad. Reasons they don't care about the new business in town.

Hopefully, maybe the Kidnappers will catch a big fish someday. That could be the turn around we are waiting for.

If protest won't work, revolution won't work, military won't work, something else will work.

Possibly or maybe Kidnapping!

It's getting more interesting. My appeal to Kidnappers is they should go for the big fish in town. Leave innocent Nigerians alone.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by HRMK: 9:33pm On Feb 13
tefund:
THEY ARE?WHAT WERE THEY DOING WITH ARMS AND AMMUNITIONS FOUND ON THEM?FOR PROTECTION?YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS!
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by tefund(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13
HRMK:

THEY ARE?WHAT WERE THEY DOING WITH ARMS AND AMMUNITIONS FOUND ON THEM?FOR PROTECTION?YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS!
It is like u don't know Nigerian police...
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by HRMK: 12:36am On Feb 14
tefund:
It is like u don't know Nigerian police...

TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THEM!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Strange Things About The Calabar-lagos Coastal Highway / Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? / Dasuki Denies Implicating Anyone In Arms Procurement Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.