Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor (29521 Views)

Kidnapped Ex-President Jonathan's Cousin, Mike Ogiasa Begs For Life (Video) / Mike Ejiofor: Masari Laid Foundation For Kidnapping In Error - Ex-DSS Director / Why fake certificate holders get ministerial appointments- ex-DSS Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Negroid001(m): 7:25pm On Feb 04
One celebrity don kuku talk am earlier this year. In Nigeria, you're responsible for your own security. Security agencies can't do shi.

If people in top positions are being kidnapped, what hope has a commoner got? Our military can't contain bandits and terrorists but can assault civilians on the street. Police force ain't better, can't remember the last time we had any major crime solved or cracked in this country, their own na to obtain motorists and youths.

If care is not taken, Inspector general would be kidnapped also. Na that time una go know say this thing serious.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Dennisochampa: 7:26pm On Feb 04
Reasons why terrorism and crime will not stop...
They kidnap today.... U pay 50m for release....
What do u think will happen tomorrow

It won't stop!!!!

Imagine for one day work.... U get 50m.....

What the government need to do is to improve surveillance and security......
Not to encourage ransom payments!!!

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Oxb90: 7:27pm On Feb 04
Who that fights and runs away lives to fight another day
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by BitterTruth0001: 7:28pm On Feb 04
thesicilian:
He's mad to have discouraged ransome payment in the first place. Shows he's not intelligent enough to know the pains of others and the shortcomings of the society he lives in. Does he also have to experience being rapéd before knowing that rapists should be stoned to death?

You’re spewing trash

Why should ransome payment be encouraged ?

You just wanna talk
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Emma1Oj(m): 7:28pm On Feb 04
😂😂😂😂body come tell you
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Omotaday(m): 7:30pm On Feb 04
Nemere2020:

https://trustradio.com.ng/en/i-discouraged-ransom-payment-until-i-was-kidnapped-ex-dss-director
This one is doing free PR for kidnappers lol.

And this is an ex DSS director. Nigeria don finish since 1960

2 Likes

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by HRMK: 7:31pm On Feb 04
you need to see how wretched and unkept these kidnappers look when arrested!it would be obvious they are working for politicians!!

3 Likes

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by geoworldedu: 7:32pm On Feb 04
BitterTruth0001:

You’re spewing trash

Why should ransome payment be encouraged ?

You just wanna talk
You're the one spitting nonsense oga. Nobody is saying you should encourage ransome payment. But if you can't help the victim come back to their homes safely, then keep shut and leave them to their palaver instead of telling them not to pay the ransome that will set their family free from death.

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by geoworldedu: 7:34pm On Feb 04
Dennisochampa:
Reasons why terrorism and crime will not stop...
They kidnap today.... U pay 50m for release....
What do u think will happen tomorrow

It won't stop!!!!

Imagine for one day work.... U get 50m.....

What the government need to do is to improve surveillance and security......
Not to encourage ransom payments!!!
Nobody is saying anybody should encourage ransome payment, but when there is a victim, it is foolish for anyone to tell them not to pay ransome when they don't have options to save the victims.

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by geoworldedu: 7:35pm On Feb 04
Negroid001:
One celebrity don kuku talk am earlier this year. In Nigeria, you're responsible for your own security. Security agencies can't do shi.

If people in top positions are being kidnapped, what hope has a commoner got? Our military can't contain bandits and terrorists but can assault civilians on the street. Police force ain't better, can't remember the last time we had any major crime solved or cracked in this country, their own na to obtain motorists and youths.

If care is not taken, Inspector general would be kidnapped also. Na that time una go know say this thing serious.
With 50k as salary of soldiers, they won't give their best. Don't be surprised if they are parts of the kidnappers themselves.

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:36pm On Feb 04
He said no one should blame the government.

So, who should we blame?

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Newton2024: 7:37pm On Feb 04
Arda1000:
To sum it the man is very heartless and insensitive
I wanted to say he is stupid but you have said it all.

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Newton2024: 7:38pm On Feb 04
DanDeeBoss:
He said no one should blame the government.

So, who should we blame?
He is a stupid man.

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Newton2024: 7:38pm On Feb 04
geoworldedu:

With 50k as salary of soldiers, they won't give their best. Don't be surprised if they are parts of the kidnappers themselves.

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Dennisochampa: 7:41pm On Feb 04
geoworldedu:

Nobody is saying anybody should encourage ransome payment, but when there is a victim, it is foolish for anyone to tell them not to pay ransome when they don't have options to save the victims.

Give me one reason why kidnapping isn't rampant in countries that don't encourage or negotiate with kidnappers or terrorists?

If our security is beefed up.... Kidnapping will reduce especially when they know that they will be caught one way or another....

Why kidnap when you won't be paid ransom and will most likely be caught
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Negroid001(m): 7:42pm On Feb 04
geoworldedu:

Come to think of it. I won't be surprised.
How soldier go dey collect 50kpa? Chai!
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:43pm On Feb 04
Just like late Gen Abacha said; if insurgency last more than 24hrs know that government n other higher bodies are involve!

If you are kidnap, know that someone closer sold you out!
I remember wen my grandma of over 80yrs was kidnap in 2010, stay almost 3 weeks in the hands of the kidnappers who were asking for a ransom of 10m grin
Our families n extended ones were gathering money until the old man did the unthinkable; she escape from her captors and ran to seek shelter n safety in a catholic at etche (River state)....some that was kidnap in Imo state oo..

To me kidnappers should be hanged and killed once they are caught!

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by geoworldedu: 7:45pm On Feb 04
Negroid001:

Come to think of it. I won't be surprised.
How soldier go dey collect 50kpa? Chai!
A soldier was released from the forest to go back home. He was paid his 50k salary, only to reach the park and was told transport fare to his destination was 35k. That's 70k to and fro. The guy kukuma return back to the bush. I watched the video on YouTube.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by histemple: 7:46pm On Feb 04
It's easily predictable that kidnapping will only get worse in Nigeria because of the current hardship in the land.

If you live in an environment where your neighbours can't feed themselves but they know you have money, then you are a potential victim.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Negroid001(m): 7:47pm On Feb 04
geoworldedu:
A soldier was released from the forest to go back home. He was paid his 50k salary, only to reach the park and was told transport fare to his destination was 35k. That's 70k to and fro. The guy kukuma return back to the bush. I watched the video on YouTube.

grin
Na to switch to banditry be that o.
It's kuku lucrative. Easy cash out lol
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by geoworldedu: 7:47pm On Feb 04
Dennisochampa:

Give me one reason why kidnapping isn't rampant in countries that don't encourage or negotiate with kidnappers or terrorists?

If our security is beefed up.... Kidnapping will reduce especially when they know that they will be caught one way or another....

Why kidnap when you won't be paid ransom and will most likely be caught
Countries where victims family don't negotiate with kidnappers know that the government can help them. But our own country, na OYO you dey. So leave the victims to do whatever they can to save lives.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by highchief1: 7:48pm On Feb 04
thesicilian:
He's mad to have discouraged ransome payment in the first place. Shows he's not intelligent enough to know the pains of others and the shortcomings of the society he lives in. Does he also have to experience being rapéd before knowing that rapists should be stoned to death?
u r quoting him out of contest.he justified his statement by saying he who feels it knows it.take it or leave it,u don’t know what ladies go through in labor room.eccept u have been der.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by blowjohn(m): 7:50pm On Feb 04
lexy2014:

so who should be blamed? what a clown.

Section 14 (2b) of the constitution: "the SECURITY and welfare of the people is the primary purpose of government"

The man na bozo
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Dennisochampa: 7:53pm On Feb 04
geoworldedu:

Countries where victims family don't negotiate with kidnappers know that the government can help them. But our own country, na OYO you dey. So leave the victims to do whatever they can to save lives.

That's why I said the government should focus on beefing up security of lives and properties rather than encourage people to pay ransom
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Judolisco(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04
Don't mind d stupid people shouting dat why will u pay ransome... Jst be praying so dat u won't witness a situation dats above your power... During chibok girls abduction... My uncle told me dat if is child was missing for a day he might jst die of high blood pressure.... Make we jst dey pray make God deliver us from bad people and bad leaders

1 Like

Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by geoworldedu: 7:56pm On Feb 04
Dennisochampa:

That's why I said the government should focus on beefing up security of lives and properties rather than encourage people to pay ransom
Yes and i don't think the government has ever encouraged paying ransome though.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by kollog: 7:56pm On Feb 04
This Kidnapping thing started in Niger-Delta during OBJ's.

Initially expatriates were kidnapped to express displeasure over what FG n Oil Companies are doing to the people of South-South, later is came with Ransom.

But anything Aboki touches automatically scatters. When Aboki n Fulani took over, Kidnapping has turned to something else.

It is well.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by israelmao(m): 8:00pm On Feb 04
The will to tackle insecurity isn't there period,there are solutions waiting.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:21pm On Feb 04
People like Lai Mohammad and Femi Adesina. Until they are kidnapped and their relatives are shot in front of their 2 eyes that they will know the level of insecurity the nation is battling with
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by Joseph099(m): 8:22pm On Feb 04
The government wants a reduction in insecurity, but they don't want to find a solution to extreme hunger and poverty.

Insecurity would never stop. NEVER. until the poor is allowed to breathe, until they provide jobs , until the price of common amenities as food and drugs are affordable to the common man in society.

Insecurity would never stop. If they like let them allocate billions of security votes/funds to governor's and senators. Insecurity would never stop.

Inflation keeps biting harder, prices of goods keep going higher. Purchasing power keeps getting lower. While government and their officials sleep in their high tower, and have a lot of security entourage tagging along their Range Rover.

INSECURITY WOULD NEVER STOP. We all know the new business in town now. KIDNAPPING. it would never stop. As far as the poor are neglected and they can't afford their basic needs. The president keeps flying abroad for medical treatment and exclusive Private lavish excursion. But the poor keeps dying of not been able to afford medical treatment.

Alot of people are out now to avenge the loss of their loved ones caused by how the government and others in power has neglected them. So the worse days are yet to come.

STAY SAFE.
Re: I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor by SeriouslySense(m): 8:51pm On Feb 04
grin grin grin grin
immortalcrown:
"Don't judge me until you are in my shoes." grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Boko Haram Kidnapped Dapchi Schoolgirls - Residents, School Staff / General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin At The Pentagon (Photos) / NJC Recommends Chukwuma Abosi & Aliyu Musa Liman For Compulsory Retirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.