Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State (5543 Views)

Militants Give Condition To Stop Bombings In N’delta / Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) / Pictures Of Bombings In Zaria And Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by aloyemeka4: 11:54pm On Nov 08, 2011
[size=14pt]Nine arrested over Friday's bombings[/size]

The attacks reportedly left over 153 persons dead
NOVEMBER 8, 2011 - 12:38PM | BY IBRAHIM BELLO

The Joint Task Force (JTF) have arrested nine persons in relation with Friday's attacks that left over 100 people dead in Yobe State.

The nine suspects were arrested  yesterday night in Abuja.

Sources gave names of seven of the alleged perpetrators of the attacks as Mohammed Musa Kafinta; Abbana Madu Melle; Babakura Madu Melle; Ba’ana Barbadus; Madu Melle; Suleiman Umar and Mohammed Ali Waziri. The names of the other two could not be confirmed as that the time of this report.

“I can conveniently tell you that the manhunt in the last 72 hours by the JTF (comprising the Army, the Police, the State Security Services and other intelligence agencies) has led to the arrest of nine suspects,'' a source said in a Nations Newspaper report. “These suspected Boko Haram members were holed up at a secret base in Gujba where they were arrested at about 8.30pm on Monday. The JTF’s preliminary interrogation of the men revealed that they were among those who executed the bombings in Damaturu and Potiskum at the weekend."

The reports of the arrests come days after the US embassy allegedly warned that Boko Haram planned to attack three luxury hotels in Abuja. The National Security Adviser ((NSA), Gen. Owoye Azazi, has subsequently dismissed the warnings saying: “The attention of the Federal Government has been drawn to a publication making the rounds in the media of planned attacks on three major hotels in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja. Expectedly, the publication is eliciting unhealthy public anxiety and generating avoidable tension.

“The current threat of attack on the three hotels in Abuja is not news, and for over three months, the security services have taken pro-active measures to protect the designated critical facilities and others.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/nine-arrested-over-fridays-bombings
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by plappville(f): 12:34am On Nov 09, 2011
Nigeria has become a bomb blast country,?? This is serious ooo shocked shocked
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by boneruns(m): 12:42am On Nov 09, 2011
I think they are use to making arrests without results. It is no longer news.
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by aloyemeka4: 12:46am On Nov 09, 2011
Musa Kafinta; Abbana Madu Melle; Babakura Madu Melle; Ba’ana Barbadus; Madu Melle; Suleiman Umar and Mohammed Ali Waziri.

Is that Igbo names I dey see?.
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by plappville(f): 12:55am On Nov 09, 2011
It does not matter the tribe, i see tgat the Madu Melle aprears three times. They must be from one Family.
God plz save Nigeria from these ignorant evil commiters.
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by Kizilala: 11:37am On Nov 09, 2011
aloy@emeka:

It sounds Igbo but it's not.Don't give these brainless Yoruba tribalists an excuse to start a tribal war(though i am always ready for them).
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by born2boink(m): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2011
Yoruba watching you all, Everyone should do the nation pride, we are for peace in Yoruba LAND
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by untainted: 11:49am On Nov 09, 2011
aloy@emeka:

No, Madu is a widely used Kanuri name. Kanuris are found in both Borno and Yobe states as well as Niger and Chad
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by Saleki: 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2011
[Nine arrested over Friday's bombings]After arrests, then what? Abeegi!
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by isbelhma: 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
every timme they kept deceiving us by making arrest of BH memebers.
mention 1 that have been executed. they are only arresting innocent people.
Bleep them all.
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by juman(m): 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2011
Nigeria is unserious country.
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by 4Truth: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2011
THE CREATIVITY OF SECURITY FORCES AT WORK AGAIN WITH FICTITIOUS NAMES.
FROM MADU NEXT IS MAJA, MALO,MASOFUNWAN, AND MA-OBAMA. I DEY LAUGH
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by basadenet: 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2011
Most times we hear of arrest but no prosecution. so who is fooling who?
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by Ajengogo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 09, 2011
isbelhma:

every timme they kept deceiving us by making arrest of BH memebers.
mention 1 that have been executed. they are only arresting innocent people.
bleep them all.

@isbelhma

You just took the word from my mouth. All these security agencies are the same, Always arresting innocent Nigerians to score cheap acclaim. The day I lost faith in praising our security agencies for any arrest was when, back then, in kogi state, a team of police officers arrived at a robbery point on the busy Ajaokuta - Ayangba road, just immediately after the River Niger. A young timber contractor (a man everybody knows very well around that place) was riding his motorcycle past the point unaware of the robbery incident. The  man was on his way to the nearby filling station to buy diesel/petrol for his workmen. Being the only person around the spot (apparently the robbers must have left after having a field day), the policemen opened fire on the defenceless timber contractor and gunned him to death. The corpse was then taken to Lokoja. It was all over the state and FG radios that a member of a robbery gang was shot dead while the other members were still at large. Even after severe protest from the man's family, the police still insisted that the man was part of the robbery gang. The police even threatened to lock up those family members.

So u see, I don't believe this JTF a bit over the so-called arrest of suspected boko haram members. Make God protect us all (Amen)
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by honeric01(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2011
Film trick. madu belle, belle madu, adama madu lol, sounds like a rap line. grin
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by aloyemeka4: 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2011
honeric01:

Film trick. madu belle, belle madu, adama madu lol,  sounds like a rap line. grin

Roflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by mekaboy(m): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
lol, they always have people in the prison that they bring out as suspect as soon as a bomb blows they bring out 9 to 10 people and show Nigerians and the case is closed.
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by Parisgoodman(m): 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2011
We too like theory abeg! No wonder we nor de do well for science so, practical means alot.
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by Koolking(m): 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2011
If at all any arrests were made, trust the Nigerian securities specifically the Police, those people are victims of circumstances. they are not the culprits. they only want to show they are on top of the situation. Of course, somebody must be a scape goat in order to applaud the security agencies.

what baffles me is the population of the bokoharam. they will soon outnumber the population of nigerians or it is an average nigerian that is a member of the boko sect? Nigerian security agencies have claimed arrests of members of these sects evry now and then yet their numbers don't seem to reduce. having observed this, i think the security agencies are living in a fool's paradise in pretense that all is well. this is a direct effect of incompetence government.
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by PastorOla1: 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2011
If the arrest was done by NPF then innocent people are in trouble!
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by 1759odin(m): 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
Explosions took place in Yobe & Borno while arrests were made in Abuja!!!
3 luxury hotels were earmarked 4 bombing but Gen,Azazi said na fallacy!!!Naija in Nollywood.
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by honeric01(m): 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2011
^^^'

Wait until you hear aloey, amaka, emeka aloey, amakaakaa  grin
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by Abeyjide: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2011
born2fuck:

Yoruba watching you all, Everyone should do the nation pride, we are for peace in Yoruba LAND
dey should try an emulate the yorubas.
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by Abujabir24: 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2011
I saw all the arrested suspects. to tell u the truth? they are all HANDICAPPED smiley wink cheesy grin angry shocked kiss
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by aljharem3: 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
Abujabir24:

I saw all the arrested suspects. to tell u the truth? they are all HANDICAPPED smiley wink cheesy grin angry shocked kiss

good they would all be arrested and tortured Insha Allah, The pain they have mad people go through would not be invain
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:46pm On Nov 09, 2011
honeric01:

^^^'

Wait until you hear aloey, amaka, emeka aloey, amakaakaa  grin
honeric01:

Film trick. madu belle, belle madu, adama madu lol, sounds like a rap line. grin
Abujabir24:

una go kill person ooo

Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by Areosapien(f): 10:55pm On Nov 09, 2011
Madu Melle
Amadi Melle
Mad Malu

Reminds me of the 'BecomeRich Series'.
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by yommysomguy(m): 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2011
Police and Handicaps! Nice name for a Nigerian movie
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by daroz(m): 3:12am On Nov 10, 2011
na wa o
Re: Nine Arrested Over Friday's Bombings In Yobe State by iykak47: 11:50am On Nov 11, 2011
the should arrest their sponsors

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: IBB Shows Respect To Buhari As Shagari Watches on on inaugration day / E-X-P-O-S-E-D! One Of The 105 Nigerian Soldier Missing (photo) / Double Dealing: SDP candidate Omisore Arrested!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.